We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Thanks Shupth 12/23

For one of the most exciting, entertaining nights of pvp in a long while. I know we've had nights like that out there in the past but they're so long ago I can't remember when it happened last. I hope you guys had as much fun and got boatloads of renown.

Couple observations over these last few nights of actually good PvP:

The Good:

-Good job leaving the Delving buffs to the underpowered creeps. Although this is probably purely unintentional because all the fights are driven by creep actions now since freeps just sit at Grams. It's still a good action because it leaves some initiative for a side to play and try and get kills.
    -Good job on nobody rage quitting because you get rolled a couple times. Except for when Cappies bug out the one shots, everybody can log off after that. It's stupid and not fun for everybody.
    -Also been a good job on scaling numbers for groups. 5 wipes to 10. 5 doesn't immediately get 22, instead they get 7 or 8 and try again. Rinse and repeat.
    -Also I like that there are several groups out. Thiers no reason to form laggy zergballs. Communication between everybody is key. A group baits long enough for the other groups to horse in, sure. Coolbeans. Try out some strategy......won't hurt me none to get flanked......I miss the around TA flanks onto West Lawn over a nice WTAB stalemate.......Sure.....fake bait into DG long enough to turn around and engage creep group coming in.......but the only flanking capability is on Keep backdoors is dumb and boring.....

The Bad:

-Outposts....Oh Lord Little Baby Sauron.....If a side is being steamrolled then the other side doesn't need all the outposts...
    If a side is camping a rez or camping Grams......that side also doesn't need all the outposts.....
    If a side is camping Grams and you see all the Outposts turn red.....maybe you should wait a second and fight it out before a abrupt retreat to "grab all the outposts back"
    I know that the only use Krykid and Crybreaker are for is to take outposts, and the occasional flip I usually chalk it up to someone doing their daily.....even if its in the middle of primetime.

The Ugly:

-Minstrels! Oh Lord Little Baby Gandalf! All freeps classes are God-mode atm. I'm not going to critique all the bugs, and OP dps, or even overall heals.
    Instead I'll focus on Minstrels:
    I have one.
    It's my main.
    I Love It.
    I know what it can do.
    I also use Flop.
    I also use every heal skill.
    I also know how OP all the healing skills cooldowns and outputs are.

So here's the deal....SPLIT UP!
    Don't wait for me to make one of my WL's throw down a banner asking to "SplitUpPlease"
    Use common sense.......when you are heal stacked take the initiative and take your group and go do something else for 5 minutes...go set up for a flank...go put pressure on a keep, go kill norbogs...whatever...
    Me personally when I first started group we had a dozen (I never got more then 16 after the One Shot Exploit Fiasco).....track on freeps at the beginning was 19(6 were mini's)....track through a few battes afterwards was 26. I know you all weren't in a raid. There were at least 3-4 groups out at any given time.
    "Jimi, $tfu, It makes no sense to fight a craid with a freep fellowship"
    "Jimi, our freep group sucks we need other group assistance."
    "Jimi, I hate you and I don't want fun fights, I just need Renown/Infamy Useless Pixel points so the $500.00 a month I put in the Turbine Store is worthwhile."
    I get it......so try a 8 man....try a 10 man....merge two groups into a force that's not too OP. Use one force to bait for the other so everybody gets involved and gets kills and the underpowered group still has a chance to make some kills of their own.
    If you notice that you have rolled something 3-5 times in a row.....or that you are sitting around with 6-7 heal traited minstrels and a couple cappies that do nothing but bubble.....maybe its time you split raid into a different group.

Creepside is garbage now, they had their 3 week reign......you can't expect:
    "Oh, they will get numbers."
    "Oh, don't worry, the zerg is coming."
    "They will have more people next fight."
    So now its back on the shoulders of everybody in the community to stop fighting for hatred, disliking people, and drama.....try and fight for fun....

Love, Jimi
    xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    For one of the most exciting, entertaining nights of pvp in a long while. I know we've had nights like that out there in the past but they're so long ago I can't remember when it happened last. I hope you guys had as much fun and got boatloads of renown.
    Well I'm glad you had fun.

My raids aren't exactly up to scratch like they used to be, my laptop stopped working so I'm playing on a machine where fps drops to 2 and i cant move or call targets, nor do i know whats happening to my raid. This happens for about half the fight. What generally is happening is i can no longer control my raids forward movement and we end up just letting the ranged classes blow us up by not pushing. There are always other variables that come into play but i feel like my inability to perform right now puts my raid/s at a serious disadvantage

Not sure how long it will take to get my laptop back but watch out for my raids when i can actually lead them again. Wont be leading again until the laptop is back. If you see Shupth standing still in the middle of a raid feel free to target me if you want to but i cant fight back so yeah

Taking it in...

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    Couple observations over these last few nights of actually good PvP:

The Good:

-Good job leaving the Delving buffs to the underpowered creeps. Although this is probably purely unintentional because all the fights are driven by creep actions now since freeps just sit at Grams. It's still a good action because it leaves some initiative for a side to play and try and get kills.
    -Good job on nobody rage quitting because you get rolled a couple times. Except for when Cappies bug out the one shots, everybody can log off after that. It's stupid and not fun for everybody.
    -Also been a good job on scaling numbers for groups. 5 wipes to 10. 5 doesn't immediately get 22, instead they get 7 or 8 and try again. Rinse and repeat.
    -Also I like that there are several groups out. Thiers no reason to form laggy zergballs. Communication between everybody is key. A group baits long enough for the other groups to horse in, sure. Coolbeans. Try out some strategy......won't hurt me none to get flanked......I miss the around TA flanks onto West Lawn over a nice WTAB stalemate.......Sure.....fake bait into DG long enough to turn around and engage creep group coming in.......but the only flanking capability is on Keep backdoors is dumb and boring.....

The Bad:

-Outposts....Oh Lord Little Baby Sauron.....If a side is being steamrolled then the other side doesn't need all the outposts...
    If a side is camping a rez or camping Grams......that side also doesn't need all the outposts.....
    If a side is camping Grams and you see all the Outposts turn red.....maybe you should wait a second and fight it out before a abrupt retreat to "grab all the outposts back"
    I know that the only use Krykid and Crybreaker are for is to take outposts, and the occasional flip I usually chalk it up to someone doing their daily.....even if its in the middle of primetime.

The Ugly:

-Minstrels! Oh Lord Little Baby Gandalf! All freeps classes are God-mode atm. I'm not going to critique all the bugs, and OP dps, or even overall heals.
    Instead I'll focus on Minstrels:
    I have one.
    It's my main.
    I Love It.
    I know what it can do.
    I also use Flop.
    I also use every heal skill.
    I also know how OP all the healing skills cooldowns and outputs are.

So here's the deal....SPLIT UP!
    Don't wait for me to make one of my WL's throw down a banner asking to "SplitUpPlease"
    Use common sense.......when you are heal stacked take the initiative and take your group and go do something else for 5 minutes...go set up for a flank...go put pressure on a keep, go kill norbogs...whatever...
    Me personally when I first started group we had a dozen (I never got more then 16 after the One Shot Exploit Fiasco).....track on freeps at the beginning was 19(6 were mini's)....track through a few battes afterwards was 26. I know you all weren't in a raid. There were at least 3-4 groups out at any given time.
    "Jimi, $tfu, It makes no sense to fight a craid with a freep fellowship"
    "Jimi, our freep group sucks we need other group assistance."
    "Jimi, I hate you and I don't want fun fights, I just need Renown/Infamy Useless Pixel points so the $500.00 a month I put in the Turbine Store is worthwhile."
    I get it......so try a 8 man....try a 10 man....merge two groups into a force that's not too OP. Use one force to bait for the other so everybody gets involved and gets kills and the underpowered group still has a chance to make some kills of their own.
    If you notice that you have rolled something 3-5 times in a row.....or that you are sitting around with 6-7 heal traited minstrels and a couple cappies that do nothing but bubble.....maybe its time you split raid into a different group.

Creepside is garbage now, they had their 3 week reign......you can't expect:
    "Oh, they will get numbers."
    "Oh, don't worry, the zerg is coming."
    "They will have more people next fight."
    So now its back on the shoulders of everybody in the community to stop fighting for hatred, disliking people, and drama.....try and fight for fun....

Love, Jimi
    xoxoxo
    A lot here. Some nice points. Healing Minis OP? I sure don't feel op on Hesoid, but then I suck.

I enjoy your posts. I have enjoyed your fellows. I do fully consider your points. But you're still a jerk.

Satsuma/Hesoid
    Last edited by Knossa; Dec 31 2013 at 02:12 AM.

Jimi's most valuable point!

I agree 100% Mr. Heals!

Quote Originally Posted by Knossa View Post
    A lot here. Some nice points. Healing Minis OP? I sure don't feel op on Hesoid, but then I suck.
    "Hesoid" is always called out as first target to kill.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    Meanies!!!

I will admit it gets frustrating at times...

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    ... but I try not to cry when creeps kill me. Even if it is over and over. That's what they are supposed to do. Seems silly and pointless to whine when they do. That said, I am taking cheese donations!