We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Carn Dûm Raid Lock #8

Hey folks,

I've been going back through some of the Angmar instances to catch up on deeds. Whilst in Carn Dûm I keep finding myself missing raid lock 8, even though I've (to my knowledge) completely cleared the instance. As someone who is naturally curious and slightly OCD, this keeps bugging the hell out of me.

The known raid locks are as follows:
    1. Krahjan Lieutenants (Slave Pens)
    2. Urro
    3. Pale-folk Hornblower trap (Carn Dûm Sewers)
    4. Barashal
    5. Helchgam
    6. Sálvakh
    7. Avalgaith
    8. -
    9. Azgoth
    10. Tárlakh
    11. Târlug
    12. Mormoz
    13. Rodakhan & Múra
    14. Gúrthul
    15. Mordirith

Due to the flow of the raid locks, I would assume that it would be somewhere in the castle courtyard, Angmarim village, or Morrovail den. Like I said, I've been all around to clear these areas of all mobs, even going into all the corners looking for hidden Hornblowers. I just can't figure it out.

Does anyone know what the requirement is to complete that raid lock please?
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

You get lock #8 after you rescue Erscin for the quest The Strongest Back (which you get after turning in the quest Lifting the Yoke [freeing the slaves from the slave pens just before lock #1]). Erscin is south of where you fought Avalgaith. You've probably seen the gorthorogs hurl those people off the cliff but there is one man remaining who did not get flung. See map here, marked #10. You may have never done the quests out of Tármunn Súrsa, just outside of Carn Dûm proper then (just north of the Urugarth entrance across the bridge)? People miss a lot these days because of the instance join.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenNiscadae View Post
    You get lock #8 after you rescue Erscin for the quest The Strongest Back (which you get after turning in the quest Lifting the Yoke [freeing the slaves from the slave pens just before lock #1]). Erscin is south of where you fought Avalgaith. You've probably seen the gorthorogs hurl those people off the cliff but there is one man remaining who did not get flung. See map here, marked #10. You may have never done the quests out of Tármunn Súrsa, just outside of Carn Dûm proper then (just north of the Urugarth entrance across the bridge)? People miss a lot these days because of the instance join.
    You are a legend, thank you. Was on the verge of pulling my hair out. I have seen Escrin as I've fought the trolls off him, and assumed there may be a quest involved there, but not one that would set a lock, oh well.. Thanks again, time to pay Angmar a visit
    Last edited by Galuhad; Jan 08 2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar