We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Checking the Status of Current Characters

So, I haven't been on this game for a good one and a half years, maybe even two, who knows.
    I don't want to install It right now but I do want to check the status of my characters in game, do you know how I can check, the level and the stats of my character without having to install and enter the game? - I will be eternally grateful!

Thanks.

I don't know of a way to check all your character stats now that My LOTRO is no more. Someone did point me to a trick for seeing where your characters are, but I don't think that will get you the information you are seeking. In case it helps any, though, when the Character Copy page is up, you can see your character list and server location: https://www.lotro.com/en/character_copy

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    I don't know of a way to check all your character stats now that My LOTRO is no more. Someone did point me to a trick for seeing where your characters are, but I don't think that will get you the information you are seeking. In case it helps any, though, when the Character Copy page is up, you can see your character list and server location: https://www.lotro.com/en/character_copy

Is there any way to check the level of your characters at least? - So I know whether I want to play again, taking into consideration if my level 20-something odd hobbit hunter is still there. - The site you sent seems to say I have 2 characters when I was sure I left the game with 5... :/

Quote Originally Posted by ibbydanny View Post
    Is there any way to check the level of your characters at least? - So I know whether I want to play again, taking into consideration if my level 20-something odd hobbit hunter is still there. - The site you sent seems to say I have 2 characters when I was sure I left the game with 5... :/
    Sorry, I don't know of a way to do that anymore. Most of the tools I had connected to data provided through My LOTRO.

As for the number of characters you had, if it is possible some of them would not qualify for character copy, that could explain the difference. That page was not meant as a way to check characters, it is just sometimes a handy thing when someone returns and has forgotten their "home" server.

I will say, though, that getting to 20 is not too big an issue these days. So if having a level 20 character was the only thing making your decision, I'd encourage you to come back and play either way. It might even be helpful to start anew anyway, considering all the big changes that have happened to how characters are built.

Sorry, I don't know of a way to do that anymore. Most of the tools I had connected to data provided through My LOTRO.

As for the number of characters you had, if it is possible some of them would not qualify for character copy, that could explain the difference. That page was not meant as a way to check characters, it is just sometimes a handy thing when someone returns and has forgotten their "home" server.

I will say, though, that getting to 20 is not too big an issue these days. So if having a level 20 character was the only thing making your decision, I'd encourage you to come back and play either way. It might even be helpful to start anew anyway, considering all the big changes that have happened to how characters are built.

How big are the changes? - Have they made the game better or worse? - Has the player population increased?

Quote Originally Posted by ibbydanny View Post
    How big are the changes? - Have they made the game better or worse? - Has the player population increased?
    I don't know about populatiopn totals, but Brandywine seems to still be hoppin'.

As for big changes, most recently the traits system for all the classes has been completely redone. Each class has three trait trees that correspond to the red, blue, and yellow trait lines we had before. It takes some getting used to, but so far it seems like it can work. I'm sure more balancing is on the way for it.

When I came back, I started a new character so I could check out those trait trees before I needed to spend all the trait points on my higher levels. As it is, I'm still struggling with the Minstrel yellow line, but part of the fun of a new system is working out how to manage it. (For me, anyway.)

Like I said, unless you have big reasons not to just install and check out the game again, my advice would be to do just that. If it turns out not to be for you anymore, uninstall and move on. At least you'll know for sure.

I don't know about populatiopn totals, but Brandywine seems to still be hoppin'.

As for big changes, most recently the traits system for all the classes has been completely redone. Each class has three trait trees that correspond to the red, blue, and yellow trait lines we had before. It takes some getting used to, but so far it seems like it can work. I'm sure more balancing is on the way for it.

When I came back, I started a new character so I could check out those trait trees before I needed to spend all the trait points on my higher levels. As it is, I'm still struggling with the Minstrel yellow line, but part of the fun of a new system is working out how to manage it. (For me, anyway.)

Like I said, unless you have big reasons not to just install and check out the game again, my advice would be to do just that. If it turns out not to be for you anymore, uninstall and move on. At least you'll know for sure.
    Thanks man, for everything I suppose I'll start to download this game again.
    - Enjoy!

From Ibrahim.

http://lotroaltfinder.net/

try this site if you know the name of one of your characters and what server they were on....it doesn't show character stats however....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000003605/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]