We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

This sub-forum's stickies could use updating

Here in the "New Player Questions & Impressions" heading, the stickied items really could use a review and editing. I realize that this may seem tedious and not needed. Here's specifically what I'm referring to, under "Help! I've lost my character!":

You can also log into my.lotro.com and look at your list of characters and associated server. Also, you can log into the forums, click the "User CP" button and then look at the characters available as avatars. Please note that these options may not display the current server if you have ever moved your characters.

I should reckon that that thread would be specifically where someone would look for information on how to find their character. We shouldn't have a sticky pointing them to both a site and a forum button that no longer exist. That sticky was last edited 30/04/09.

Also I think (and this is just my opinion) it should be more clear on the Subscription Plan Information sticky that lifetime memberships are no longer done. There is a disclaimer that states, "We have also previously offered Lifetime subscription options. There are no Lifetime options available (for most players) at this time." This is towards the bottom after several multi-coloured pieces of text offering lifetime subscription pricing. I think it should be nearer the top where the post begins to mention lifetime pricing, in order to make it more obvious. That sticky was last edited 24/05/10.

I mention the dates last edited for these stickies because so many details have changed in the last three to four years since their information was current.

The sticky "Help for New Players" could use some creative editing as well, as it refers to Referrals and Codemasters extensively on the first page. Perhaps it could be made clear on that first page that these things are now extinct OR a new sticky written that refers to them individually and is titled about them. The first post of that sticky was last updated 27/03/09.

I'm not trying to be picky about a few somewhat insignificant things, but if someone looks for help and thinks they've found it, they shouldn't be given wrong or completely outdated information.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

The only person update the information is the author or one of the moderators. You need to send a private message asking the author to make the updates.

Some of the authors to the various sticky threads on the forums no visit the forums. For example Cherubina wrote the information in the thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...or-New-Players
    with a lot of good information. I believe that it is close to two years since the last time she logged into the forums.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sent a PM to a mod ages ago with no result, but I know they can get overwhelmed with PMs and this is not a priority. This is my non-PMing way of suggesting that updates are needed to the stickies that are giving out incorrect info.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien