We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hello there! I'm somewhat in need of assistance to download.

I apologize if you have seen too many of these threads here. I have attempted to download the game, though I decided to stop midway because it told me that I did not have enough megabytes on my computer for the game to work properly. I'm not exactly tech-savvy, so can anyone tell me what would be the consequences of downloading the game on my computer? I am also using Windows 8, and my internet is a tad bit slow in general. What would be an optimal device to download the game on?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderofmirkwood View Post
    I apologize if you have seen too many of these threads here. I have attempted to download the game, though I decided to stop midway because it told me that I did not have enough megabytes on my computer for the game to work properly. I'm not exactly tech-savvy, so can anyone tell me what would be the consequences of downloading the game on my computer? I am also using Windows 8, and my internet is a tad bit slow in general. What would be an optimal device to download the game on?
    You might want to get the help of your friendly local computer-savvy person. Assuming you are really not up on computers, if it is telling you "not enough megabytes" then I am guessing that there isn't enough room on your hard drive (or wherever you store files on your computer) to download the installation files. You need to clean out your hard drive, or download it to a different drive that has more room.

Your computer also needs to be strong enough to run the game. You can run it under Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 8... but you can be using Windows 8 but not have a good enough computer for the game to run properly. Ask your computer-savvy friend to take a look at your processor, memory, and graphics processor in order to know if your computer is good enough to play LotRO with.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Thank you for that help! It turns out I have 74 GB on another part of my computer, so I saved it there. A concern I have is that is takes about 14 GB (the game). Will this amount affect the Internet on my computer or the Internet in my house?

Thank you for that help! It turns out I have 74 GB on another part of my computer, so I saved it there. A concern I have is that is takes about 14 GB (the game). Will this amount affect the Internet on my computer or the Internet in my house?
    OK, you need to realize what you just asked. You just asked us the equivalent of "My closets are nearly full. Will this affect the ability for me to make telephone calls?"

Running a game like LotRO is a lot more challenging than a new version of Farmville or something. You may not have a computer that can handle it. At this point I'm not sure if you have the language to even figure this out. Please read this article: http://www.chron.com/business/silver...be-1577356.php

Maybe after you learn a bit more about the things in this article, you can either answer your questions for yourself or at least give us enough information about your computer to be able to answer your questions.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Not sure if ...troll.

But just in case, 9/10.

Maybe think of it as the internet is the highway where traffic runs, your hard drive is where you park vehicles. They are not really doing the same thing. Hard drive space wont affect internet speeds as that is set via your provider-modem-router-the net itself-even weather conditions. The only way internet affects hard drive space is what you download and save to the hard drive. (How many vehicles you save TO the hard drive FROM the highway traffic). it really would be a good idea to find a more savvy person to look at what your running for a computer. LOTRO is a great game and has some really awesome graphics that can just kill a really out of date computer.

The game is about 14 gigabytes large unpacked, and your usage of net if your regulated is almost nil to play the game itself. Game latency should be under around 300 milliseconds, 50-60 is ideal. Since your using win 8 it seems your running a relatively newer store bought computer? If so, you should be ok playing game on medium settings. But that dont explain why you have so little Hard drive space...
    Last edited by morrowbreeze; Jan 04 2014 at 04:13 PM.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.