We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fix the bloody captains

I know you dont care. I am not sure why you dont care. Do you really want to kill it?
    This must be the last nail to the coffin of this game.
    Continue making your festivals while the major of your incomes are coming from PvPers that doesnt care about those things.

Cappies that pull every single npc in keep, along with 6-7 creeps, that can still maintain full morale while having 1.5k dps on their target. Seriously? If you are prooving a point - "Ha, you see, we can still make one class worse than wardens were in RoR" than you did it. Congratulations, you did it.
    12 freeps vs 30 creeps and they all shine like fairies with their morale bars not moving at all within bubble or even few of them.

I will continue writing how stupid you can be on my small OOC Eldar channel, which noone reads, until you do something.
    Hope you all get sacked and without business soon.

Commander MrEza.
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

They're broken, no doubt.

It does help when you note HOW to avoid the brokenness (hint: don't hit them while their bubble is up, you will only help them reset the cooldown).

Impale also seems to currently go through the bubble, or so I have heard.

Even my Signature is trolling!

I had an interesting encounter with a cappy the other day. This enterprising gentleman managed to use SotD twice in a single 1v1. Given their ability to resummon heralds in combat, it makes not attacking them over the course of the bubble somewhat unfeasible.

Really all that needs to be done is make it so SotD doesn't stack with audacity making them damage immune and we'd be in business. They'd still be one of the more Op classes, but all the bugs and completely rediculous scenarios the current implementation creates would be eliminated at least.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I had an interesting encounter with a cappy the other day. This enterprising gentleman managed to use SotD twice in a single 1v1. Given their ability to resummon heralds in combat, it makes not attacking them over the course of the bubble somewhat unfeasible.

Really all that needs to be done is make it so SotD doesn't stack with audacity making them damage immune and we'd be in business. They'd still be one of the more Op classes, but all the bugs and completely rediculous scenarios the current implementation creates would be eliminated at least.
    Of all the failings of audacity, not realizing the ramifications of the way it stacked with most other damage reduction abilities is the one I feel the worst about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    They're broken, no doubt.

It does help when you note HOW to avoid the brokenness (hint: don't hit them while their bubble is up, you will only help them reset the cooldown).
    Which is fine in the open field but, like the OP said, it's when they've pulled an entire keep's npcs.

Out of curiosity, and since I haven't done enough fighting or any grouping since HD to know, are unkillable cappies accomplishing anything? Shield wardens and glory champs were silly but ultimately didn't do much outside of pulling keeps and winning 1 on 1s against creeps silly enough to stick around against
    them. Are these OP cappies now actually putting out good heals or decent DPS?
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Out of curiosity, and since I haven't done enough fighting or any grouping since HD to know, are unkillable cappies accomplishing anything? Shield wardens and glory champs were silly but ultimately didn't do much outside of pulling keeps and winning 1 on 1s against creeps silly enough to stick around against
    Certainly less heals than a HoH captain, and certainly less dps than a Red-line one, but their contributions to a group are still more significant in this trait setup than most other freep classes, before you take SotD into account.

As with shield wardens and glory champs, most of the 'lack of dps' they do usually comes down to the player. People who choose these types of builds are 7 times out of 10 bad players who want a way to win without developing pvmp skills like effective movement, combat awareness, knowledge of their/other classes, etc. At the risk of sounding brash, if I were to have traited shield line on my warden, I would likely still have been able to kill most creeps faster than a 50th percentile spear-line warden, and the same holds true for Glory champs. The 'problem' was most glory champs, or shield warden, and now Yellow Captains aren't that great and simply focus on survival and winning through being able to absorb anything their opponent throws at them and eventually killing them with auto-attack (slight exaggeration).
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Group of 2-3 captains are absolutely unkillable. If freep raid has 4 cappies, there can be 400 creeps and outcome would be the same.
    One cappy grouped with one dps glass cannon class can kill few creeps when they are attacked by 20.

Its much worse than glory champs cause they were just unbeatable sh.t. Wardens had the bleeds that can be put from 40 meters and easily kill you, but when they are getting zerged they werent able to kill anything.
    Cappies are over the top. They can survive any amount of creeps and still be able to maintain at least 1500 dps on their target.

Than again, i am still op spider with my scary reflect on whenever it is off cooldown, keeping my god mode dps less than 300 on freep player and burrowed deep down on the first sight of danger. /sarcasm on

If you need to nerf a creep class to nerf a freep class to a normal margins, please, i volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Group of 2-3 captains are absolutely unkillable. If freep raid has 4 cappies, there can be 400 creeps and outcome would be the same.
    I have to disagree on both counts. Yellow line captains are very powerful, yes, and I believe over the top, but they are killable. Just takes a bit of brains. They do not make such a huge impact in RvR to the point where freep raids become unkillable, that is due to having 6+ minstrels.

Cappies are over the top. They can survive any amount of creeps and still be able to maintain at least 1500 dps on their target.
    Incorrect again, captains can be killed by 1-48+ creeps, just requires an understanding of how cappies work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    I have to disagree on both counts. Yellow line captains are very powerful, yes, and I believe over the top, but they are killable. Just takes a bit of brains. They do not make such a huge impact in RvR to the point where freep raids become unkillable, that is due to having 6+ minstrels.

Incorrect again, captains can be killed by 1-48+ creeps, just requires an understanding of how cappies work now.
    Every single one of them pulls at least 5 npcs wherever he/she is. Having 48 ppl not attacking him at all at first second of bubble, not even with auto attack, is not possible, esspecially in raid vs raid.
    And having the bubble reseted all the time in raid vs raid making every freep out there unbeatable and most of the time fully healed, unlike WL's bubble, is over the top.

I do know how their basic skills i mentioned works (prolly not every feature, but most important) and its still silly what can they do to others.

So yes, they are beatable, but 99% of time not. That makes them biggest mistake in LOTRO.

Is Turbine making up for letting them being not so cool like others for all these years or... what?

I think the silly BPE ratings (for every freep class), needs a bit of balancing. Every might/agility class is capped on at least one, and I've had burg fights without TnG where only 70% of my attacks actually hit. I don't think yellow captain is OP, as long as you know how to fight them. It 's just that BPE...
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

They are brokenly OP. Yellow ones anyhows. I would love for my WL to have the ability to bubble himself but I would know that would be OP.

I've 1v1'd a relativley poor Cappy that was yellow lined in Grotham on my Reaver. I put out 143k of dmg on him and still lost the fight. All he had to do was gather up all the NPCs to get the CD reduced on his SotD. I didn't hit him most of the time he was bubbled..didn't make any difference. I just continued the fight to see what a joke this was. He out DPS'd my Wrath. This and the unmitigated Warden bleed DoT's that cant be cured needs fixing.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

Good thing is most yellow cappies are very poor, if you want to, you can probably get away easily enough.

They are stupidly OP on certain parts though.

The moors in general is in bad shape, turbine have basically killed the action on snowy, all we see is zerg trains mainly.

All the while all the newer pvpers rank up at a crazy rate and become harder to kill :-(
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Our BFP finesse is a bit on the low side for the current BPE formulas. However, these formulas are slated to be adjusted, so they may be waiting to finish this before messing with our finesse.

New information i got - cappies have 85% mits. 80 fkn 5 percent...
    I saw their buff for -20%(?) inc dmg?

New information i got - cappies have 85% mits. 80 fkn 5 percent...
    I saw their buff for -20%(?) inc dmg?
    It doesn't work like that. It's -20% of the remaining 15%, so it's only a 3% reduction in reality.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    It doesn't work like that. It's -20% of the remaining 15%, so it's only a 3% reduction in reality.
    Can i get 1-2% somehow too?

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Continue making your festivals while the major of your incomes are coming from PvPers that doesnt care about those things.
    Rofl. Most of Turbine's income comes from casuals who PvE... It's been stated multiple times that PvP is a small percentage of this game. The majority of Turbine's income is coming from PvE/casual players.

Also: Captains should be fixed, but not by much. At least we can actually HELP our group in ways other than just pressing 2 buttons and dealing weak DPS/Heals.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You are ALSO wrong, due to how this interacts with audacity.

Still 85% is wrong, because everyone is having 30% Base Mits now due to Orc-craft damage

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Rofl. Most of Turbine's income comes from casuals who PvE... It's been stated multiple times that PvP is a small percentage of this game.
    Stated by whom? Turbine? Why would you trust 'em on that if they can't be trusted with basically any other thing? (aside from making a new cloak here and there.)
    There's a reason The Moors is a p2w pvp map...if their revenue from that feature was as minuscule as claimed, they would of made it free for all a long time ago.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

You POS Creeps exploited Orc Craft and Fell for a full month

Reap the rewards of your treachery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Rofl. Most of Turbine's income comes from casuals who PvE... It's been stated multiple times that PvP is a small percentage of this game. The majority of Turbine's income is coming from PvE/casual players.

Also: Captains should be fixed, but not by much. At least we can actually HELP our group in ways other than just pressing 2 buttons and dealing weak DPS/Heals.

Then why is ettens VIP only ? Dont trust turbine!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverofWebs View Post
    ..You POS Creeps exploited Orc Craft and Fell for a full month..
    I know its hard for your small brain, but please go and learn how to troll.
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by jadacakai View Post
    I know its hard for your small brain, but please go and learn how to troll.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast