We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So, how exactly does the new orc/fell mitigation work?

I see that the mitigation text on audacity tooltip has made it to the live servers. While some skills seemingly do less damage others seem to be of the same magnitude (11,5k impale)
    As far as fighting outside of 1v1s goes it doesn't really bother me, but I am rather curious.

The damage reduction from audacity gave us a buff to source mitigations for all sources(melee, ranged, tactical) and that is where I presume the stats of our mits are checked/compared to.
    The actual -30% melee damage text on audacity seems to be basically tooltip text, same as a helm saying that it was used by the king of Ezmoding or whatever.

In case of say orc craft damage I can not seem to find an actual spot where my mitigation stats are shown. I know that audacity says its giving me -25% or w/e with 15 audacity, but should their value show up somewhere? For now I am guessing they are somewhere in the background, hidden from the eye of the freep, but it again brings me to the fact of 11,5k impale and 4,2k BT I received earlier today XD

Has anyone done actual testing to see the damage reduction? Impale is not a good example tbh, since the 4 extra hits ignore mitigations and could argue that the main hit was going to be bigger, but my interest is kindled and I would like to hear form people who have spent the time to do fine tests to check for new audacity effect.

Hmm, typing this out it just hit me. Very likely that the lack of capped aud effect (30%) might also have something to do with this!

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Well I did a few tests on my guard with no PVP armor on vs it vs wargs claws non crits(always does the same set damage amount) with Fell-Wrought and Shadow damage. First thing i concluded was: Damn the Fell-Wrought hits a lot harder... There was a significant difference in the two damage types against 70% Phys/Tact Mit and 1 Aud. I would take way more damage with Fell Wrought then I did with shadow damage. Also lowering or raising my mits had no effect on the Fell Wrought damage, leading me to believe it is unmitigated by normal means. Now testing with the few pieces of pvmp armor I actually obtained under the same conditions, I was able to raise my special aud mit to it from 10 to 15%. After taking more hits it seemed to make about roughly a 5% difference. All and all this leaves me to think that your maximum mits to these damage types is about 30%. Which as a guard who likes to play pvp with sword and board and defensively makes me a little bit sad.

But that's what i could conclude after a bit of testing, someone feel free to double check though cause i did this math a while ago (day 1 of 12.2) and it may of had an error or two

Also I did recently determine that crit def does still mit crits from these damage types, so that's good i guess.
    The great Brandini... or Brandic... the one from Dwarrowdelf

Works great. Yummy guardians.

- MeatLiftingOil
    - R12 warg

Orc-craft/fell damage CAN'T be mitigated. Not even a little bit. Audacity just reduces it.

1 Audacity (wearing full pve armour) = you take 20% less damage from an orc craft damage hit.

19 Audacity (all pieces) = you take 60% less damage from an orc craft damage hit.

Light armoured freeps take 10% more damage than what their armour should provide, medium = 20%, heavy = 40%
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Orc-craft/fell damage CAN'T be mitigated. Not even a little bit. Audacity just reduces it.

1 Audacity (wearing full pve armour) = you take 20% less damage from an orc craft damage hit.

19 Audacity (all pieces) = you take 60% less damage from an orc craft damage hit.

Light armoured freeps take 10% more damage than what their armour should provide, medium = 20%, heavy = 40%
    Your math may be wrong.

Audacity damage reduction is multiplicative with normal mitigation.

It's not 20% at rank 1. It is 10% with an additional 10% reduced off the top. So where in your post 1000 damage would be reduced to 800 at rank 1 audacity, in reality it is reduced to 810. Small difference at this rank, but important at higher ranks.

At rank 19, your math expects the 1000 damage to be reduced to 400, where it is actually reduced to only 490, which is almost 25% more damage than you are expecting.

Math(1000*70)*70)= 490

This of course all hangs on whether the orc craft reduction works as normal mitigation, but it appears to from what I have seen.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post

Just from a more linguistic point of view, what would be the difference between some sort of stat mitigating for parts of the damage or reducing it? :P

As for the thread, while I still stand by my opinion of both sides needing a dps nerf(some freep classes more than others :P ) and freeps needing a heal nerf pretty bad, I am rather sure that my doubts of actual mitigating effect coming from audacity (as in the dmg type mitigation) not working were uncalled for and most likely it really was the lack of extra source mitigation from audacity since it had dropped from capped to half :P

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

I did some testing on this right after 12.1, but didn't have the chance to do enough to really figure out what was going on. I was using non-crit non-positional eye gouge from a warg on a full aud captain (with no dmg reducing effects active) and a 16 aud LM. Eye gouge had a tooltip dmg value of 1067 and was hitting the captain (full aud) for 618 and the LM (16 aud) for 766. I'm not a math wiz, but my understanding is that if the damage reductions were cumulative, I should have been hitting the cappy for 427, while if they were multiplicative I would have hit for 523. Instead I was getting a total dmg reduction of 42%, which I see no way of accounting for based on the tool-tips provided.

Feel free to point out any errors in math or testing.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Feel free to point out any errors in math or testing.
    You are playing LOTRO and using its PvMP system, major error in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    You are playing LOTRO and using its PvMP system, major error in testing.

Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

Quote Originally Posted by Hall0Wx View Post
    Isn't everything posted on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Isn't everything posted on these forums?
    Evidence isn't opinion.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Evidence isn't opinion.
    What happens when it's biased, or inaccurate?