We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Weird observation with DPS on crafted item in recipe & on auction

Can anyone explain the reason why when I craft a recipe, the DPS shows a lot higher than when it does when posted on the Auction House (AH)?
    I crafted a level 95 Reforged Hunter's Bow of the 2nd Age. The roll-over in the recipe pane shows the DPS as 234.2.
    However, I've placed the bow on the AH and when you look at the roll-over in the auction pane the DPS shows as 153.2.
    Can anyone explain this inconsistency please? Is one the DPS at it's highest possible rating and the other the base DPS before levelling the weapon? Or could it be a bug?
    Would it not save some confusion if this figure was made consistent, i.e. either always show the lowest rating or the highest, but not show different ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr_Avon View Post
    Can anyone explain the reason why when I craft a recipe, the DPS shows a lot higher than when it does when posted on the Auction House (AH)?
    I crafted a level 95 Reforged Hunter's Bow of the 2nd Age. The roll-over in the recipe pane shows the DPS as 234.2.
    However, I've placed the bow on the AH and when you look at the roll-over in the auction pane the DPS shows as 153.2.
    Can anyone explain this inconsistency please? Is one the DPS at it's highest possible rating and the other the base DPS before levelling the weapon? Or could it be a bug?
    Would it not save some confusion if this figure was made consistent, i.e. either always show the lowest rating or the highest, but not show different ones?
    It's a display bug as far as I know. The tooltip for legendary weapons shows a much lower DPS than it should. As soon as you crafted it, you would have moused over it and saw the difference.