We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden

Image limitations in posts - smileys?

I do perfectly well understand the need to limit images in posts since people may post large images and just ignore that it takes half a second to load on a direct T1 conn and maybe two minutes on a slow modem/adsl conn.

However, it gets a bit ludicrous when you disallow images included in Smileys? I posted 5 images, was forced to remove one due to including a Smiley, and then removed the smiley to keep the image. I am sure this can be sorted in the administration somewhere, I have experience from phpBB, not vBulletin so I can't tell you where but it would be reasonable to assume that the image limitation only were for images that are added from external source, and not the images that are part of the forum interface.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

I can't say much in terms of coding involved, but smilies can also be drawn from external sources. It may simply not be capable of recognizing different types. Some websites also limit the usage of their own smilies, because a number of them these days are animated, which can consume just as much bandwidth to load and display as a normal picture would.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    That I get, but the images already implemented in the Forum software, by the staff, should not have to count. I am not referring to any external source here.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

The forum always (since I was here) limited the number of images/emoticons you could have in a single post. It counted any that were in a quoted post as well. It also makes no distinction between an image (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc) and an emoticon. All are treated as if they were the same.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."