We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Why shouldn't cappy get Shield, Blade, and Song brother anymore?

    You only get one, depending which trait line you are... That is sad. Theres no good reason for it.

    I'm a Hands of healing cappy most of the time. If im playing in a 3 man group then song brother is going to be USELESS. I wish I could choose any 3 at the time, like it used to be. Is this going to be changed anytime, ever? The banners/heralds are a bit odd, but I think I could get used to a change like that... But Shield/Blade/Song brother is definitely something I think could be switched back to the way it was.
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    Is this going to be changed anytime, ever?
    RockX chose make all three x-brothers give buffs to healing, DPS and tanking at the same time. As for Song-brother, e.g. To Arms gives +25% healing, +15% damage and -7% incoming damage. Therefore Song-brother can't really be considered useless even though Shield-brother or Blade-brother would have been better in some cases.

  3. #3
    Tbn, Song-brother should be focused on -damage. You are the healer in this group, why do you buff other people healing?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    Tbn, Song-brother should be focused on -damage. You are the healer in this group, why do you buff other people healing?
    Because you get the buffs from Song-brother as well and since most if not all of the tank classes have self-heals you can boost with it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Because you get the buffs from Song-brother as well and since most if not all of the tank classes have self-heals you can boost with it.
    So what? You are a healer, you should heal the others, you should reduce incoming damage and heal it back, you should not focus on giving + healing to others. It's great that we have all 3 buffs now, but:
    Imo, for the HoH captain it should be damage reduction> dps buff>outgoing healing.
    The yellow line-healing>reduction>dps.
    The red line-dps>healing>reduction.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    So what? You are a healer, you should heal the others, you should reduce incoming damage and heal it back, you should not focus on giving + healing to others.
    No, the Captain is not a healer, he is more than that. the Captain is a Captain, and the Captain can fulfill the healing role through buffs and healing, fulfill the damage role through buffs and damage and fulfill the tanking role through buffs and tanking. Buffs is what makes this class and given the buffs also apply to yourself so much more the reason to buff healing when specced for healing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    It's great that we have all 3 buffs now, but:
    Imo, for the HoH captain it should be damage reduction> dps buff>outgoing healing.
    The yellow line-healing>reduction>dps.
    The red line-dps>healing>reduction.
    Given how the buffs also affect yourself, I don't see why they should be set up as you say. Boosting your own healing as HoH Captain seems like the obvious first choice to me with damage reduction as a close second. Also, the tanks have plenty of ways to reduce their inc damage and/or mitigation already.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    Tbn, Song-brother should be focused on -damage. You are the healer in this group, why do you buff other people healing?
    THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!! Hehe
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,600
    Eh, most captains are probably gonna be LtC specced for the DPS increasing buffs, which are the most general.

    If I'm a tank, I want the LoM buffs for myself more than I want to make the healer better, cause if I'm tanking, and I go **SQUISH** the entire group is screwed.

    That is reason enough to leave Shield Bro in the LoM line.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    327
    The reason they split the x-brother skills by line along with the tactics skills is obvious.

    It's because the DPS buffs are clearly more useful to more people most of the time in current broken difficult levels (although to be fair the DPS being generally more useful is nothing new). But Turbine wants more variety in what people use, so basically the only way to do that is to force you to use it based on what you are traited whether you like it or not.

    Even if for some reason this doesnt even work with 2 captains in a group last I checked (admittedly before the latest patch) and so a HoH captain was overwriting the LtC captains buffs and vice versa rather than stacking.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload