We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    The recipe is found in expert tailor scroll cases that drop from humanoid mobs.

Though, there's also the Garth Agamaur instances and the daily quests/challenges therein, each for 700 rep.
    I've got about 50 Tailor Scrolls from drops. I've also bought another 10 from skirmish camps. Nothing. I'm lvl 95 so this is the only way I can get rep. Need 15k more to get kindred. I've solo'ed all Instances, completed all Garth Argarwen quests etc.

This is really annoying me.
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Mistermorriss View Post
    I've got about 50 Tailor Scrolls from drops. I've also bought another 10 from skirmish camps. Nothing.
    what type of scroll do they barter for? Uncommon (green) or Rare (purple)? The latter only has single use recipes, and won't ever drop the recipe you want.
    I'm lvl 95 so this is the only way I can get rep. Need 15k more to get kindred. I've solo'ed all Instances, completed all Garth Argarwen quests etc.
    If you've done the normal quests in the zone, then you should be half way from Ally to Kin.

The Agamaur instances each have 5 daily quests; Arboretum and Barrows have 1 challenge and 4 optional objectives, Fortress has 2 challenges and 3 objectives.
    That's a total of 12.5k rep per day. (1.2k * 4 + .7k * 11)

Related to the topic... sort of.
    If you're really in need of Sturdy Hides, go hunt the aurochs in the North Downs. Usually, one drops two hides instead of just one, and occasionally even three.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Fixed. Skirmishes have been rewarding rep on every completion since Great River, iirc. It's been a good long while since it was only awarded once per day.
    Well stone me with a buckets full of rep points! Will be doing more skirms soon!

THX
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    Haven't done it yet, but if the Rep situation is bad or unsolvable for some, we should consider helping out. Anyone on Firefoot can contact me via my 40+ Characters and I will make stuff and mail it to you. You may have to help out with them mats, though. Characters in signature... I know that Weaponsmith, Scholar and Tailor recipes work.

If you mail me, I need you current Rep Points (how many are missing) and don't expect me to make up for more than perhaps 15000-20000 points, I would expect you to be at least Ally.

I was unable to test the Explorer Tools, since my Metalsmith has too low standing. Need to buff him up a bit.
    Last edited by Marancil; Jan 10 2014 at 06:55 AM.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Mistermorriss View Post
    I checked with the Tailor rep in Ost Guruth and there is no Heavy Cloak recipe.
    It is there, I have done it. As I have said once, be sure to check the Quest in the Quest list, the info given by looking at the paper in the Inventory is not complete an may be misleading. The Yew Fishing Pole is also there, so now we are up to 5 items that checks out.

• Weaponsmith Hatchet: done it (first I made AXES, my bad)
    • Tailor Cloak: done it, but the recipe is not available at Ost Guruth.
    • Woodworker Fishing Rod: have the recipe, not done while typing this
    • Scholar Foe-Finder: have done it.
    • Cook Onion soup: someone posted above having done it
    Last edited by Marancil; Mar 08 2014 at 10:40 AM.
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman

Also, rep accelerators are available in the Skirmish camp rather cheap
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

This thread is very timely for me. I gained World Reknown on 2 characters and couldn't remember how to get my third through the LoneLands rep. I forgot that the other 2 used to do Amon Sul pretty regularly. Thanks.

between the heavens and the underworld, bka Middle-Earth!

Error: Bounties Quests!

There are 3 major hubs early on in the game, at the lake to the north in Bree-land, The Forsaken Inn, & in the Lone-lands southern bog, that provide repeatable quests called Bounties which offer crafting scrolls and craft mats as a completion reward, the referenced Bounty Quests in the OP's guide is in error, ALL these Bounty Quests can be immediately repeated up to 3x each per toon ever, there is also a Bounty NPC in Esteldin with Daily Bounty Quests for level 65+ players!

Happy Gaming!!!!

Rev Raven, CH Server!
    Last edited by UnoMuyLoco77; Feb 01 2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Remebered the goblin bounties!

Quote Originally Posted by UnoMuyLoco77 View Post
    There are 3 major hubs early on in the game, at the lake to the north in Bree-land, The Forsaken Inn, & in the Lone-lands southern bog, that provide repeatable quests called Bounties which offer crafting scrolls and craft mats as a completion reward,
    a) I'd hardly qualify Nen Harn as a "major hub".
    b) You're forgetting the 3 bounty quests offered at Dead Man's Perch.

The crafting task is bugged after 12.1 - I couldn't do it, either. Killed 100's of mobs, no drop. Even lotro support were dumbfounded. Luckily I found some quests I hadn't get done and that took me over the top.
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

No offense to anyone but I have found that by far the easiest way to get rep for the eglain is just do the quests UP to (and stopping right before) all the fellowship quests around agamaur. Later when you have leveled up above 70 (or lower if you are decently equipped) just come back and solo the GA instances and do those remaining fellowship quests that were too tough for you to solo when you were level 30 or so. Doesn't take much time, doesn't take many resources and you are actually getting items that a lower alt (or kinnie) could use for tasks or you can vend the items you pick up. I have often taken lower toons through these instances to help them. I admit that on my very first toon on arkenstone (before tasks boards came into the game) I did a lot of crafting to get finished because it wasn't always easy to find a group for the harder stuff or the instances. Now I can level up at a good pace and just come back later to fill in the missing things very easily. I know I will be accused by some of 'skipping' content but seriously even though I am only premuim I rapidly overlevel areas but I ALWAYS complete all the quest deeds in each area before moving on (so my toons aren't total shells with super low virtues).

One of the fantastic things about this game is there is really no one 'right' way to do things. There is some flexibility on choosing your path and your playstyle.

Southy, that takes time and by then you are leveling yet another half dozen of factions. Not saying there is anything wrong with your approach though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    It is there, I have done it. As I have said once, be sure to check the Quest in the Quest list, the info given by looking at the paper in the Inventory is not complete an may be misleading. The Yew Fishing Pole is also there, so now we are up to 5 items that checks out.

• Weaponsmith Hatchet: done it (first I made AXES, my bad)
    • Tailor Cloak: done it
    • Woodworker Fishing Rod: have the recipe, not done while typing this
    • Scholar Foe-Finder: have done it.
    • Cook Onion soup: someone posted above having done it
    Not true for tailor. The tailor vendor in ost guruth (herhalig) does not have the heavy cotton cloak recipe, which I need. I had a look at the woodworker vendor and yes he does have the yew fishing pole. Didn't check the others. there must be a bug. I also tried Lotro store and that does not sell the recipe (even though they say they do. The info. on the web is out of date, lists lotro prices for individual recipes. When you go to store the only individual recipes are one-shots. You can buy the whole tier 3 recipe pack but that specifically excludes reputation recipes.

Just checked, you are right. he does not have the recipe. My bad, assumed too much. Grrr...

I managed to get it spending 125 TP's on the [Expert Tailor Recipe Book]. So it is available in the Turbine Store.
    Last edited by Marancil; Mar 08 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2