We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden

Smile Eglain - How to get Kindred Status after release 12.1

There are a few threads, some from 2011, dealing with this. Since none seem to be updated I thought I might do that, giving the info I currently find in game.

Why would you need this info? Well, I guess the biggest draw back in counting Eglain Reputation Points may have one cause. Garth Agarwen. I do not know if anyone ever did the math, but after doing all the quests in more or less timely fashion I only got to Ally Status. Since I aim for Kindred with all factions, eventually, this is a bit annoying. (Garth Agarwen requires Fellowships to complete, or levels above 60, maybe 70 from what I have seem in the Forum posts, and it seems there is little chance to get to Kindred not doing and including the quests in Garth Agarwen).

So what can be done to get more reputation points?
    1. Regardless of Profession or level, you can kill mobs (even if they are grey and you outlevel them vastly) and get 8+ or, for some, 12+ for every kill. Might take a while...
    2. If you are among the level limits for it, doing tasks from the Task Bulletin Board, both in Ost Guruth and The Forsaken Inn, will grant you 700+ per task.
    3. One can also go to Harloeg and talk to Glaednoth,

He will want you to gather Bounty, namely three of them, Bounty: Crunchy Crawlers, Bounty: Sickle-Fly Pudding, Bounty Soggy Mushroom Mash. Each of these will give you 500+, totalling to 1500+.

Doing them does not take very long, about 10 minutes or less, in particular the mushrooms respawn very fast and are plentyful. However, it seems you can only do them twice. I think I have verifid this by going there and try after 24 hours. I will check again.
    4. The third, and previously most mentioned way, is to do some Crafting for Reputation. This was problematic after the release of Helms Deep and it seems it may now have been fixed. You go to Leoflac, the Faction Rewards guy:

As an Explorer Tailor I choose Heavy Cotton Cloak:

(Mind you , I have done the Gondorian Axe as Weaponsmith with another Character, and no issues.)
      • You can not buy more than one recipe at the time.
      • You must finish the recipe and deliver the cloak before getting anything else from Leoflac.
      • Do not pursue any enhancements when making the cloak. The order is for plain Heavy Cotton Cloak, (or whatever the recipe you can do), not the optional result.

As a Tailor I was of course out of Sturdy Hides, (every Cloak needs 10 hides, I need(-ed) 41 cloaks) and had to go exterminate the Warg population in the Lone-Lands three times over. HEY WAIT, no, I did not. You see you can also kill:
      • Sturdy Lungtusks lvl 28 at the nothern shore by the Last Bridge.
      • Lynxes a bit away towards the Forsaken Inn.
      • A hoard of sturdy hides in the form of Elder Stonehoofs lvl 34, over the bridge in Trollshaws, here
    5. Get reputation acceleration, either via the LOTRO Store spending TP's or via Mithril Coins, both adds up to spending real money, one way or the other. You could get a Rep Acc Tome if you are lucky. It is also available for purchase at the Skirmish Camp via the Curiosities guy, current price is 100 marks and 12 medallions for a 1K Tome.

That was it. I think I have covered the most obvious way to do this, maybe you could barter cloaks or hides or other items with the Skirmisher Crafting guy, but in my opinion it is too costly in time and effort. Other professions will have to use other Recipes and resources, of course...

Good luck!
    (darn pigs killed me while I was typing, hey Turbine, that kill does not count.. :P .)
    Last edited by Marancil; Jan 09 2014 at 12:43 PM.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

Good info, I noticed the new dailies the other day. Nice addition.

You are a bit off by saying that GA requires a full fellowship. The landscape is soloable and the 3-man are easy, even soloable on level by some classes. And any lvl50 should be able to solo even fortress. There's also the purchasable crafting quests from the eglain reputation vendor that reward 700 reputation points I think, with no daily limits. But without rep acelerators getting to kindred it's still a major pain,

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    (darn pigs killed me while I was typing, hey Turbine, that kill does not count.. :P .)
    Don't you just hate it when that happens...
    Nice guide, glad only my main is a completionist and I won't need the info anymore though

great guide - one major element missing for a rep guide though... 1K rep accelerator from skirm camp, curiosities guy/gal. around 500 marks and 100 meds I believe.

edit. way off , much cheaper it turns out , a mere 100 plus 12 ! lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item:Small_Reputation_Accelera tion_Tome
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; Dec 26 2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaneth View Post
    Good info, I noticed the new dailies the other day. Nice addition.

You are a bit off by saying that GA requires a full fellowship. The landscape is soloable and the 3-man are easy, even soloable on level by some classes. And any lvl50 should be able to solo even fortress. There's also the purchasable crafting quests from the eglain reputation vendor that reward 700 reputation points I think, with no daily limits. But without rep acelerators getting to kindred it's still a major pain,
    I really don't know for sure about GA. Been there as Champion lvl 47, went out with my tail you know where. I guess there are many factors that influence the ability to do GA successfully: Race, Class, level. I have seen Minstrels 5 levels below me spank the Trolls I barely could kill with three "blows" and I guess same could be true for Rune-keepers or a Champion with a different Trait layout. I am getting more and more apprehensive to how the game works for those who do not limit themselves to steel and heart, granted some Westerness damage.

As for the Rep Crafting, well I do mention it, it is right there, even with a screenie or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    great guide - one major element missing for a rep guide though... 1K rep accelerator from skirm camp, curiosities guy/gal. around 500 marks and 100 meds I believe.

edit. way off , much cheaper it turns out , a mere 100 plus 12 ! lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item:Small_Reputation_Accelera tion_Tome
    Noted and added.

Hey guys, why don't you check if the info is accurate for other professions?
    Last edited by Marancil; Dec 26 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman

I buy the heavy cotton cloak request but I don't get a recipe. Where is it?
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

The recipe is found in expert tailor scroll cases that drop from humanoid mobs.

Though, there's also the Garth Agamaur instances and the daily quests/challenges therein, each for 700 rep.

All the reputation tasks listed with Leoflac, have their recipes available at each crafting representative within Ost Guruth. So far I have done three out of seven and they all checked out.

One bother is how to avoid Critical Success if you have achieved higher crafting level. I get 25% crit, and that means I have to use about 25% more materials to get the Recipe done as the task says (no crit).

One bother is how to avoid Critical Success if you have achieved higher crafting level. I get 25% crit, and that means I have to use about 25% more materials to get the Recipe done as the task says (no crit).
    You could just equip a generic tool, rather than your enhanced tool, so you only have 5% crit chance.

Please elaborate, I do not understand what you are saying. Is the amount of crit dependent on what kind of crafting tools I use? I currently have the Universal Toolkit.

Please elaborate, I do not understand what you are saying. Is the amount of crit dependent on what kind of crafting tools I use? I currently have the Universal Toolkit.
    That's what he means. my tools give +23% crit, but a basic set will give +5% or something from a starter area. (in fact using the inferior or standard single craft tool from a ?supplier will give 0 bonus to crit)

lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Crafting_Tools_Index should explain it.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Ah, thanks. I tend to focus on what is available in game in regards to explanations and such, I must admit I was wondering why it was possible to make so many different tool sets.

That explains a lot, and now I have to allocate inferior tools to my already crowded Vault and bags... pfff

That explains a lot, and now I have to allocate inferior tools to my already crowded Vault and bags... pfff
    No, you don't.

All crafting vendors (ie. novice ..., expert ... and Supplier) sell singular tools that do not have any crit bonus. Thus, your crit chance is only the default 5% you get after you become proficient in a tier and have mastered all previous tiers. So, just buy a tool for 2 silver, use it then destroy it or w/e. There's no point in saving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    but a basic set will give +5% or something from a starter area. (in fact using the inferior or standard single craft tool from a ?supplier will give 0 bonus to crit)
    The only difference between the Basic and Inferior tools is the Inferior is that Inferior have the worst durability in the game.

When you are on-level, or close to the level of quests/mobs, you can do tasks(5 tasks a day, 300 rep per task --> 1500 rep per day)
    Since i dont level very fast, and the you get rep items very easily, i only needed about 15-20 days to get kindred, while i was questing and doing GA.
    Earvordui - 85 LM

All the reputation tasks listed with Leoflac, have their recipes available at each crafting representative within Ost Guruth. So far I have done three out of seven and they all checked out.
    This is incorrect. The Tools of the Expert Explorer recipe is not available from any vendor. As far as I know the only way to get it is via the tool recipe scrolls from the Harloeg bounty quests.

My standard method to reduce the amount of crafting I need to do for kindred is to park in Agamaur after finishing the epic book. Log in, kill enough wights for a day's worth of task turn-ins, turn in the tasks, log out, repeat until the wight-slayer deed is done. Then move on, and come back to Ost Guruth when you have enough mats to craft the rest of your rep (probably about 20 crafting quests or so).

Expert Explorer? What crafting is that, I may be able to check it out. Hmm, Metalsmith. Ok I will check and verify.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...xpert_Explorer

According to the Wiki, what you have to produce is this: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...or's_Tools

I have noticed one thing though, if you ONLY look at the Quest "paper" in your Inventory (I), the description is not exactly the same as the one posted in the Quest log (L). That caused me to make a lot of stuff I had to dispose of later.

But I will check.

Expert Explorer?
    what?
    Hmm, Metalsmith.
    Novice Cooks sell a Cooking Supplies. expert Cooks sell a Cooking Supplies. Suppliers sell a Cooking Supplies.
    Novice Metalsmiths sell a Smithing Tool. expert Metalsmiths sell a Smithing Tool. Suppliers sell a Smithing tool.
    Novice Tailors sell a Tailor's Tool. expert Tailors sell a Tailor's Tool. Suppliers sell a Tailor's Tool.

See a pattern?

Yes I see the pattern, but I am focusing on trying to get the original task requirements solved and since J_Howell posted that those tools were not available I want to check it out with my Metalsmith. Not sure what to do with your pattern or if it even was directed at me.

Disclaimer, only been playing since september and the one big thing I am learning is that things are waaaay more complex than they seem.

Then, it's time for a history lesson.

Back in the day, all tools were singular.
    Then, Supreme tier brought the first Vocational tool sets, that combine the 3 tools for each profession in a Vocation.
    Next, came the Universal toolkit that was sold in the LotRO store and found in some lootboxes, it had the same stats as the Supreme Vocational tool sets.
    Later, eastemnent brought a new set of Vocational Tools, slightly improved of the Supreme tier.
    Now, when HD was released, all Metalsmith recipes for single tools were removed. So, in the future, all crafted tools will be Vocational tool sets.

However, when you change vocations at a master of apprentices, he'll still give you singular tools of Inferior quality.
    Also, the profession vendors and suppliers still sell singular tools.

There is one more way to gain reputation - the task bulletin boards. If you use all the task boards heavily, and try to stop playing for the day when you can't turn in any more tasks for that day, then you can easily reach kindred without having to do any crafting quests, and without having to grind orcs for 8 rep points each.

There are three task boards granting Eglain rep. One outside the Forsaken Inn. One in Ost Goruth, and finally the one at the camp just inside Agamaur.

Note that all the tasks have a max level, so if you are not careful you can easily outlevel the task boards.

Oh and daily skirmish: Defence of Weathertop nets 700 rep pts a day!

While he is so overpowered may take my lv60 Captain for a walk to Garth Agarwen...need a challange
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    Oh and daily skirmish: Defence of Weathertop nets 700 rep pts a skirmish!
    Fixed. Skirmishes have been rewarding rep on every completion since Great River, iirc. It's been a good long while since it was only awarded once per day.

*facepalm*

I totally forgot about tasks. Any idea between which levels those are there, must be around 25 I guess?

*facepalm*

I totally forgot about tasks. Any idea between which levels those are there, must be around 25 I guess?
    Depends on the task. There are three task boards with different level requirements. The minimum level ranges from 20 to 30. The maximum level is 4 higher for each task (so 24-34)

See http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Tasks_Bulletin_Board for details.

I checked with the Tailor rep in Ost Guruth and there is no Heavy Cloak recipe.
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast