There are a few threads, some from 2011, dealing with this. Since none seem to be updated I thought I might do that, giving the info I currently find in game.
Why would you need this info? Well, I guess the biggest draw back in counting Eglain Reputation Points may have one cause. Garth Agarwen. I do not know if anyone ever did the math, but after doing all the quests in more or less timely fashion I only got to Ally Status. Since I aim for Kindred with all factions, eventually, this is a bit annoying. (Garth Agarwen requires Fellowships to complete, or levels above 60, maybe 70 from what I have seem in the Forum posts, and it seems there is little chance to get to Kindred not doing and including the quests in Garth Agarwen).
So what can be done to get more reputation points?
- Regardless of Profession or level, you can kill mobs (even if they are grey and you outlevel them vastly) and get 8+ or, for some, 12+ for every kill. Might take a while...
- If you are among the level limits for it, doing tasks from the Task Bulletin Board, both in Ost Guruth and The Forsaken Inn, will grant you 700+ per task.
- One can also go to Harloeg and talk to Glaednoth,
He will want you to gather Bounty, namely three of them, Bounty: Crunchy Crawlers, Bounty: Sickle-Fly Pudding, Bounty Soggy Mushroom Mash. Each of these will give you 500+, totalling to 1500+.
Doing them does not take very long, about 10 minutes or less, in particular the mushrooms respawn very fast and are plentyful. However, it seems you can only do them twice. I think I have verifid this by going there and try after 24 hours. I will check again.
- The third, and previously most mentioned way, is to do some Crafting for Reputation. This was problematic after the release of Helms Deep and it seems it may now have been fixed. You go to Leoflac, the Faction Rewards guy:
As an Explorer Tailor I choose Heavy Cotton Cloak:
(Mind you , I have done the Gondorian Axe as Weaponsmith with another Character, and no issues.)
- You can not buy more than one recipe at the time.
- You must finish the recipe and deliver the cloak before getting anything else from Leoflac.
- Do not pursue any enhancements when making the cloak. The order is for plain Heavy Cotton Cloak, (or whatever the recipe you can do), not the optional result.
As a Tailor I was of course out of Sturdy Hides, (every Cloak needs 10 hides, I need(-ed) 41 cloaks) and had to go exterminate the Warg population in the Lone-Lands three times over. HEY WAIT, no, I did not. You see you can also kill:
- Sturdy Lungtusks lvl 28 at the nothern shore by the Last Bridge.
- Lynxes a bit away towards the Forsaken Inn.
- A hoard of sturdy hides in the form of Elder Stonehoofs lvl 34, over the bridge in Trollshaws, here
- Get reputation acceleration, either via the LOTRO Store spending TP's or via Mithril Coins, both adds up to spending real money, one way or the other. You could get a Rep Acc Tome if you are lucky. It is also available for purchase at the Skirmish Camp via the Curiosities guy, current price is 100 marks and 12 medallions for a 1K Tome.
That was it. I think I have covered the most obvious way to do this, maybe you could barter cloaks or hides or other items with the Skirmisher Crafting guy, but in my opinion it is too costly in time and effort. Other professions will have to use other Recipes and resources, of course...
(darn pigs killed me while I was typing, hey Turbine, that kill does not count.. :P .)