We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1

    Say 'NO!' to macro's

    Ok, This has been going too far and too long now, someone needs to step up and bring this to turbine attention. macro is bad. a lot of wargs are using it on my server and players get stun and immediately a warg puts out 24 attacks in under 2 seconds ,,, how can this be allowed in the ettenmoors?

    its all vise versa than opponents will use macros to get advantage on their dps, why should this be allowed in ettenmoors its really is against game mechanics?
    Last edited by CrackleNackle; Dec 27 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Editied title as petitions are not allowed in threads. so a civil discussion about macro thread has been updated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    /signed

    Little hope that this will be fixed quickly, unfortunately.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  3. #3
    Ive had freeps came grams and use it a lot on healers trying to heal but oh wait cant use skills for 5 seconds while other creeps die.
    I haven't heard of creeps using it, but I wouldn't be surprised. It is an issue and only really pisses people off and is cause for many tickets about cheating. SOOOOO yeah I agree something should be done, but I doubt it is top of Turbine's list =(
    Krahjarngladiator r10 reaver Spidermaan r10 weaver Shadowsfear r8 warg Vaineatter r8 Warleader Voodoomagoo r7 defiler Vilearrow r6 ba
    Arrowdain r7 hunter

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    3rd stone from the Sun
    Posts
    20
    /signed but useless:I think Turbine dont care at all.Most important are festivals and treasure hunts...

  5. #5
    I'll be the first to say it.

    Turbine will NOT fix this problem any time soon. It WILL get out of control and it WILL turn into a situation of "can't beat 'em? Join 'em" like rank farming.
    It will further rupture the PvMP community.
    We will NOT hear anything from turbine on this issue until it is already too late.

    My evidence? History.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

  6. #6
    The thing is Turbine do not care at all about PvMP

    This macro exploiting is killing the action , players will leave in large number to ESO and Turbine will have noone but themselves to blame.

  7. #7
    ./siging it too. In my case, cancel sub. till it gets fixed. The pve content atm doesnt make me come online.and if ettens is so messed up then i'm canceling my sub and also not buying any points. This is the only language they understand anyway. I would had loved to buy tp with this offer tripple points , but for what?
    They still dont get ut how it works? We, big communty still, make suggestions what we need /wanna see , they can think about it and bring it or not on.
    Some companies will do anything to have such a community like ours.
    Normaly, when a company offers a product, the only thing what scares them is that the product is in a bad shape. In case of turbine this became a habbit.at least get some1 from the blue names to write someting like: we 're on it. One could understand u can not fix it over night.but where are the statments??
    I allmost wanted to say that u should be ashame selling a product(with 600 bugged and more) turbine, but the point is that u are immune and maybe u forgot the meaning of this word( ashame)
    For me is time to put both feet on the brake regarding my credit card.why pay for such a "service".

  8. #8
    we just need more people to stand up , as clubbing thread took some months until turbine realized it was unhealthy and unethical in a pvmp and it was affecting the game mechanics.. hopefully this one will be another one of those threads to put end to macro exploiters.

    one day turbine will respond to our question regarding to macros issues...

    turbine you need to take serious care about their own game as many paying customers will be frustrated to see this thing go on...

  9. #9
    My sub just got canceled. This is the only solution i see. Not spending unbugged money for a bugged product.
    This should be a leason not only for the turbine/wb but also for turbines devs. With so many ppl paying ure products with ure precious TP, the only thing is missing is to see the devs faces when they get payed in Tp .
    P.s: for super woman warden dev.. Why do i have to wait for the fix from the guard's dev in order to get better with my warden in aoe tanking. Sadly the guard dev didnt want to fix the warden bleeds/buff duration and the other things wardens need.

  10. #10

    Thumbs down

    I too join, to this thread and agree, that macro is not fair. It totally destruct enjoy from PvP game. As other said, soon this stop amusing people and rather they go on other games.
    I love this game, but after this experience i end my subscription till Pvpeing will be again interesting (without macro), or not at all.

    PS: my english is not native

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    279
    Just keep names of the macroing Creeps and call them out

    Macro cant save anyone from focus-fire

  12. #12
    at Landy there's a LOT of burglars using macro, it's for sure a thing for loosers. They dont have the skill to play with the OP side (which is close to none), and still need to macro, shamefull.
    I filled bug support for them all with evidences, but i doubt Turbine will take action, and when they do, this players who use this exploit will have take 3/4 ranks and it'll be uselless (like the rank famring was).
    Like Eomer would say in this situation: "Look for Turbine, but do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands."

  13. #13
    / signed!

    Its not only in pvp its used. Seen it for pve as well. People practically oneshotting bosses...

    It's getting out of hand...
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/jhgasj377/image.jpg[/img][/url]

  14. #14
    What we have here is a corporate shell of a company that is now in delusional death throes of existence. The apathetic care has run the bus off the cliff(its a big cliff, the bus is still bouncing).
    The scant talent that is left at turbine probably works really hard, but after tasting HD even at discount it is barely palatable to consume. I am afraid we can't expect much for the moors or even the other part.
    The path of end game denial of importance, wow emulation and lack of creativity will culminate in its natural course.
    I am sure they will address the macro issues immediately.
    Any time you think you have influence, try ordering around someone else's dog

  15. #15
    Sapience, give us information about what is happening with these macros, will these be fixed soon? simple yes/no is all we need to know.

  16. #16
    Not surprised Turbine broke the game again when it comes to pvp. Then again, when was it fixed to begin with? Maybe for New Years, Turbine will go through with a resolution to make pvp better.... bahahahahaha, here's to hoping! Been nearly 7 years and still 1 zone, so doubtful!

    ./signed tho

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    857
    Note: this is a rumor that i heard from a friend of a friend. But word on the street is; fast skills have been ctrl-z'd (undone) on palantir.
    Back to long animations....


    The original Valdez

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    1,046
    I'm sorry, but this is perhaps the most ignorant thread I have read on these forums in a long time. Out of everyone who offers blind support for this idiotic idea, how many of you have ever tried using a macro? My guess is none of you, because it's obvious you don't understand the underlying issue here, which isn't that macros are an evil that must be removed from LOTRO with the speed of a jackrabbit and the blanket inclusiveness of grade-school show and tell. The VAST majority of players who utilize macro software do not participate in this exploit nonsense, and most of those players don't even use a macro to execute more than one ABILITY at a time.

    All a macro does, in this case anyway, is replicate a key stroke that someone could execute them self, but does it faster. The problem here is that an actual bug exists in the GAME, AKA, Turbine's code, that enables someone to repeatedly cancel the animation of an ability; therein lies the problem. Since many classes have exclusively fast skills now, the problem is more pronounced because someone can cancel any animation and immediately fire off another ability without a delay.

    Yes, removing macros from the game would solve the problem, but it would add unnecessary work for Turbine, because they would have to find a way to determine whether or not someone is using macro software, and delegate staff members to monitoring and enforcing these new, inessential rules. Instead, you should simply be asking Turbine to fix the root of the problem, which I cannot explain any further because it's against the rules to explain the means for replicating a bug or exploit. Educate yourselves people, because if you truly understood the problem, you would understand why this thread is so ignorant and unnecessary.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post

    Yes, removing macros from the game would solve the problem, but it would add unnecessary work for Turbine, because they would have to find a way to determine whether or not someone is using macro software, and delegate staff members to monitoring and enforcing these new, inessential rules. Instead, you should simply be asking Turbine to fix the root of the problem, which I cannot explain any further because it's against the rules to explain the means for replicating a bug or exploit. Educate yourselves people, because if you truly understood the problem, you would understand why this thread is so ignorant and unnecessary.
    I agree that macros in themselves are not the issue and I have seen petition posts like these answered before by Turbine in that they dont pay heed to petitions. However, posts like these are required to get attention paid to a problem that must be fixed. The code is broken is this instance, in that macros can be used to exploit a sequence of key strokes. Nerfing skills individually is not the correct way to go about fixing it. Code it out.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is perhaps the most ignorant thread I have read on these forums in a long time. Out of everyone who offers blind support for this idiotic idea, how many of you have ever tried using a macro? My guess is none of you, because it's obvious you don't understand the underlying issue here, which isn't that macros are an evil that must be removed from LOTRO with the speed of a jackrabbit and the blanket inclusiveness of grade-school show and tell. The VAST majority of players who utilize macro software do not participate in this exploit nonsense, and most of those players don't even use a macro to execute more than one ABILITY at a time.

    All a macro does, in this case anyway, is replicate a key stroke that someone could execute them self, but does it faster. The problem here is that an actual bug exists in the GAME, AKA, Turbine's code, that enables someone to repeatedly cancel the animation of an ability; therein lies the problem. Since many classes have exclusively fast skills now, the problem is more pronounced because someone can cancel any animation and immediately fire off another ability without a delay.

    Yes, removing macros from the game would solve the problem, but it would add unnecessary work for Turbine, because they would have to find a way to determine whether or not someone is using macro software, and delegate staff members to monitoring and enforcing these new, inessential rules. Instead, you should simply be asking Turbine to fix the root of the problem, which I cannot explain any further because it's against the rules to explain the means for replicating a bug or exploit. Educate yourselves people, because if you truly understood the problem, you would understand why this thread is so ignorant and unnecessary.
    So a person who has the ability to macro in pvmp and destroying their target under a second is an ideal fun and fair play for you? seriously, have you taken a closer look at how a person has advantage over macro and the other person who doesnt know much about programming and doesnt want to use macro is fair play?

    i seen a non macro player having the best gear with fully geared with audacity captain getting killed like 1 second after being stun. how on mother of earth is that fun for anyone these days? they should not have the ability to put out 22 attacks under 1 second .. i have seen this too many times and macro using is still an exploit.. soon a lot of players probably wont bother pvping as im sure anyone getting killed in 1 second is not fun for anyone. so by definition of fair play why should we be forced into macro when others dont want to.

    also the turbine CoC says "18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Turbine (including, without limitation, macroing programs, botting programs, server emulators, client hacks, map hacks, and data gathering utilities)."

    unless turbine has given permission to use macro. which i do not see.

    so in respect macro using is still against CoC.
    Last edited by CrackleNackle; Dec 27 2013 at 08:23 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    284
    /signed

    It's so stupid...
    Baronth - Alemis - Aipod - Alessandro - Talyla - Viyle | Ombra e Fiamma - [Gilrain]

    Retired

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackleNackle View Post
    So a person who has the ability to macro in pvmp and destroying their target under a second is an ideal fun and fair play for you? seriously, have you taken a closer look at how a person has advantage over macro and the other person who doesnt know much about programming and doesnt want to use macro is fair play?
    When did I say that? I never said the EXPLOIT was fair, all I said was that macro software is not the root of this problem and should not be condemned as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackleNackle View Post
    i seen a non macro player having the best gear with fully geared with audacity captain getting killed like 1 second after being stun. how on mother of earth is that fun for anyone these days? they should not have the ability to put out 22 attacks under 1 second .. i have seen this too many times and macro using is still an exploit.. soon a lot of players probably wont bother pvping as im sure anyone getting killed in 1 second is not fun for anyone. so by definition of fair play why should we be forced into macro when others dont want to.
    That sucks, but if you had actually read what I wrote in that post you quoted, you would see that I never said Turbine shouldn't fix the problem; all I said was that, again, macros are not the root of this evil. I totally want them to fix it, but eliminating the use of macros is not the most intelligent decision among all possible options.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackleNackle View Post
    also the turbine CoC says "18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Turbine (including, without limitation, macroing programs, botting programs, server emulators, client hacks, map hacks, and data gathering utilities)."

    unless turbine has given permission to use macro. which i do not see.

    so in respect macro using is still against CoC.
    That #18 from the CoC is in reference to programs that continue to enable your character to perform actions, while you are not at your keyboard, that you would otherwise have to be at your keyboard to execute; the prohibition of bots is the primary purpose of that line. Turbine developers and forum moderators have said on numerous occasions that the use of macro software, such as what comes with a new Logitech or Razer product these days, is not prohibited by the Code of Conduct; this sort of software is all that is necessary to optimize the exploit in question.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunset Strip
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is perhaps the most ignorant thread I have read on these forums in a long time. Out of everyone who offers blind support for this idiotic idea, how many of you have ever tried using a macro? My guess is none of you, because it's obvious you don't understand the underlying issue here, which isn't that macros are an evil that must be removed from LOTRO with the speed of a jackrabbit and the blanket inclusiveness of grade-school show and tell. The VAST majority of players who utilize macro software do not participate in this exploit nonsense, and most of those players don't even use a macro to execute more than one ABILITY at a time.

    All a macro does, in this case anyway, is replicate a key stroke that someone could execute them self, but does it faster. The problem here is that an actual bug exists in the GAME, AKA, Turbine's code, that enables someone to repeatedly cancel the animation of an ability; therein lies the problem. Since many classes have exclusively fast skills now, the problem is more pronounced because someone can cancel any animation and immediately fire off another ability without a delay.

    Yes, removing macros from the game would solve the problem, but it would add unnecessary work for Turbine, because they would have to find a way to determine whether or not someone is using macro software, and delegate staff members to monitoring and enforcing these new, inessential rules. Instead, you should simply be asking Turbine to fix the root of the problem, which I cannot explain any further because it's against the rules to explain the means for replicating a bug or exploit. Educate yourselves people, because if you truly understood the problem, you would understand why this thread is so ignorant and unnecessary.
    They do not have to remove all macros from the game. All they have to do is ban the people exploiting, and the problem is gone. Back in RoI a burg on my server was using the trick exploit to kill creeps in 2 seconds. He got banned in no more than 2 days. Same goes for the fire RK's exploit.

    Start with 1 week ban on those who using macro in exploit way, and also a warning that if they caught using it again, the ban will be perma ban. See how many will continue then.
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

    ~Eralwen R10 hunter

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    438
    /signed.......

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackleNackle View Post
    we just need more people to stand up , as clubbing thread took some months until turbine realized...
    Months? It tooks years.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload