We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lag on forums causing typos??

Sometimes, when I am trying to type into the post box on the forums, I occasionally either wonder if either if I am having a stroke or my keyboard is dying. Anyone else notice that words typed elsewhere show up normally but when posting here, words don't show up as they should when typing fast? I have to slow down my typing immensely just to get words to type normally here. But it is only on this forum and I'm connected by USB on my keyboard. I find I often have to hit keys twice just to get the words to show up as they should. Anywhere else, my keyboard works fine. I don't really understand it.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    A slow or very crowded connection can cause these kind of issues, but that would be on your end, not normally on the forum server.
    Does it occur only here or can you give more examples? Do you experience it while typing text in to a strictly local document, like a text file you have on your computer?
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

No it only happens here. And only some of the time. I have been noticing it happening more lately but it could very well be a crowded connection. I can type fine into all other places so I found it a little weird and wasn't sure if anyone else had noticed it.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

It seems to happen when:

1) Server is busy. The key strokes are being queued not processed.
    2) A save in progress is under way.

You need very little bandwidth to send a key strokes. Even in the very old days you could type quite nicely over 300 bits per second (baud). That is thirty characters a second. Everybody has plenty of bandwidth these days.

What people normally have trouble with is down load width. When you are typing a post you using a little bit of upload and download bandwidth.

One easy way to test is to run the game software windowed with the link status indicator at the same time you are typing a post. It is a bandwidth or bad connection to Turbine your link in game will go down at the same time as your letters stop appearing in the forum post.

The difficulty is that there is nothing you can do on your end because it it a problem with Turbine equipment or a problem in the link between your home and Turbine.

The new improved forums that arrived middle of 2013 work lots better than the old forums.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    Hmm, have seen mentions about the forums being run on some gameservers, soo poor game performance due to B/W or other issues also affect the Forums and site?
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker