We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 12.1 - Broken ability to make/use certain Keybind combos

I already placed a ticket, but I wanted to post as well. After 12.1 went live the ability to Keybind Shift+Function Key is broken, when you try to keybind Shift+ and any F key, only the Shift key binds to that slot. Shift+F2 through Shift+F6 at least, if bound prior to 12.1, will still function. Shift+F1 binds no longer function, and instead seem to unlock the camera. This function doesn't show in the Keybinds listings, so I can't unbind the combo, so everytime I hit Shift+F1, which I've been doing for many years now, my camera goes crazy.

I'd be super eternally grateful if these issues could be fixed to how they were in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    I already placed a ticket, but I wanted to post as well. After 12.1 went live the ability to Keybind Shift+Function Key is broken, when you try to keybind Shift+ and any F key, only the Shift key binds to that slot. Shift+F2 through Shift+F6 at least, if bound prior to 12.1, will still function. Shift+F1 binds no longer function, and instead seem to unlock the camera. This function doesn't show in the Keybinds listings, so I can't unbind the combo, so everytime I hit Shift+F1, which I've been doing for many years now, my camera goes crazy.

I'd be super eternally grateful if these issues could be fixed to how they were in the next update.
    If I remember correctly, this problem first occurred with the Mac Client release in Beta 2 of Riders of Rohan. I suspect that it has been fixed and broken again.

Rather than submitting a Ticket, you should file a bug report -- the two reports go to entirely different organizations.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

You guys would get it

I used to be able to select fellowship members with F Keys. I'm a keyboard user and my RK would select them for healing. Now I can't. Is that TWI (the way it is) now or should i submit a bug report. That said, Alt -F4 exits lotro (or any windows program). Could you please put a dialog box up asking if you realy want to quit lotro? They normally drive me crazy but, sometimes i accidently have the alt key down while I select the forth member - and I accidently exit lotro - in the middle of a battle.