We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Taking the Hobbit to Isengard

Taking the Hobbits to Isengard May 21 2014

Is there a plan on this server to beat Arkenstone? 59Min 6Sec

I would like to know how he picks the group to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    I would like to know how he picks the group to follow?
    He accepts the first /invite request he receives. He then asks the group, who he is supposed to follow. He /follows them. That's it.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

so what's the plan to beat the top server?

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    so what's the plan to beat the top server?
    Which is Now Vilya at 47 Minutes 32 seconds!

I did the run yesterday with a lvl 60 hobbit and we made it to Isengard in approx. 46 minutes and 32 seconds.
    Im confident we can run it under 45 minutes if we had people killing everything in sight. Each time I entered combat, i temporarily lost 31% runspeed. Since entering Enedwaith, the hobbit I was with kept putting me in combat so that added time.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone

Update: Just completed the run in approx. 45 minutes and 6 seconds.

If someone plans on leading, I'll show you the path. (huehahuehahue)
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post

Ya I would like to learn the path as I did it at 31 on a 95 and could only get 46:03!

21st is a wednesday,i'll be at work.

I did plan to use my hunter to try staying ahead
    killing whatever i could but that's out.they should
    have made sure all the dates were on weekends
    for those of us with jobs.

Still reading this thread Pat? My Hunter is Havabow so if you are willing to show me I am there trying to level as fast as I can.
    And this is for the rest of Darrowdelf. What is the consensus of how to make this run a success. I do know the time cuts alot of the East Coast out of the picture. 5PM is an in between time. In just a couple of weeks it will be run so how are we going to do it and with who is going to be there?

What about a practice run on May 18 or 19? There was some ideas on the Dwarrow Facebook page too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000171ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

thats fine, just send me a tell ingame if you want a practice run.

He did say that he will use whatever gear we send him right? If thats the case we will easily beat Anduin's 47 min 15 sec run

Just ran it again tonight and managed to get it down to 44 minutes 32 seconds. Given the extra lag that should be expected during the event, we have alot of room to work with.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Here's m 2 cents

Send a party of 4 level capped players ahead by about 250 meters. Have them wiping everything out.

Have 5 cappies, and at least 1 hunter in the group with Hadacar. Use the "Find The Path" that the hunter has, and alternate the cappies based on cooldown for "Make Haste"

Have 3 people to the left by 30 meters and 3 people to the right by 30 meters, clearing everything to the sides. Have 2 people in the back killing mobs that may have respawned.

If we all keep the same pace, follow the same path, and keep our eyes open, we should be fine. We need to keep the group as small as possible to get rid of lag. Remember we will have people from other servers running with us as well. If necessary. Have people multibox low levels to hold mobs off.

That's my two cents

~Glorg
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

I took some notes a few months ago while watching the Crickhollow Twitch feed:

1. The Crickhollow group was made up of 1 hunter, 6 cappies, 1 mini, and 2 RKs.
    2. The lag and rubberbanding is horrendous. We need our leader to have to best computer/internet possible. Mounts make more lag so people need to stay on foot.
    3. Crickhollow used a hunter as their leader for the hobbit.
    4. The majority of the players were ahead of the hobbit, taking out all mobs. Sapience seems to think having people behind (off his screen) is better for lag. The more people on his screen = worse lag for the hobbit.
    5. A Mini and Captain were behind, healing and buffing.
    6. Other servers can try to sabotage us by running their mounts/animations around the Hobbit. Sapience seems to have no problem calling GMs to remove people running their mounts around him.
    7. Sapience specifically says, the server that has no mounts and no cloaks will have the fastest time. Maybe we need one player to "police" the others.
    8. Crickhollow went all the way to the Forge and swam down a bit. Then they followed the left bank. Remember that a hobbit will have to swim longer than an elf/human (running ahead of the hobbit while he's still swimming can lose him).
    9. The number of players in front of the hobbit increase the lag....but could also result in his death if we don't have enough doing DPS. We can't forget about having lots of players behind the hobbit to protect him from the respawns.
    10. The mobs on the edge of the mini-map area didn't seem to be aggro-ing the Hobbit.

**NO MOUNTS** **NO MOUNTS** **NO MOUNTS**
    **NO CLOAKS** **NO CLOAKS** **NO CLOAKS**

And from another server's Twitch:
    -Sapience was surprised by how fast they got out of Bree. People need to be outside the Bree gates when this event starts. Bree = lag.

I'll take the role of "Honorary Sheriff" - reminding people to hide cosmetics, dismount, not run around the hobbit, etc. There might be noobs that need help learning how to hide their cloaks and stuff. I'll stay behind the group for clean up on respawns if you need to find me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000171ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

He did say that he will use whatever gear we send him right? If thats the case we will easily beat Anduin's 47 min 15 sec run
    I didn't hear him say that, but if that's true, that's great!

The new time to beat is:
    Eldar 46m 06s

/sweat
    /wipebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Eosin View Post

The new time to beat is:
    Eldar 46m 06s

/sweat
    /wipebrow
    That is shaving time off Pea's time. And that was with lag! There are always those who would try and disrupt the run. They use horses and cloaks. I do not know how you will clear Bree of extra avatars to reduce the lag. Since its for the whole server community. Is there anybody out there trying to bring everybody on the same page? I realize I created a toon with hopes to pull sapience but I also understand this is a whimsical hope. I do hope though that we can trim the run down to the finest time possible. And that will take alot of people moving in the same direction.

Great observations, guys!

Maybe the participating Captains can make sure they have the "Make Haste' legacy on their weapon and maxed out?

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Make_Haste_Duration

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa_Arnatulie View Post
    Great observations, guys!

Maybe the participating Captains can make sure they have the "Make Haste' legacy on their weapon and maxed out?

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Make_Haste_Duration
    Ok tomorrow is the day! Do we have at least one 12 man raid ready to invite havacar? And one to clear the way?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosin View Post

The new time to beat is:
    Eldar 46m 06s

/sweat
    /wipebrow
    I use whatever level 10 crafted gear people send me. However I do not and will not take food, pots, or other buffs.
    I have, in all runs, worn the Harbinger's Cloak which gives a run buff of 8% out of combat.

For what it's worth, being on a mount is pointless. War steeds doubly so. There is no advantage gained. In fact, they are detrimental to the overall success and speed of the run.

"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but doing it." - Unknown
    Note: My posts are my OPINION, and are NOT intended to "troll", "provoke", "bait" or "harass".
    If my posts are taken as such, then I humbly apologize in advance.

leaving for work really wanted to use my hunter ahead of the group to kill stuff.

good luck to all in getting the best time.

Ill be there on my 95 Guardian Eldalleth, was just watching the Eldar stream http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/529063669 and looks like least laggy way to get out of bree is to go out the combe gate and cut across staddle into lone lands.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Brandywine (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team and can be seen Wednesday nights there :)

Good Run

Well we ran well except the aggro of many times. And a few lag spots. Better luck next year if they do it again.

Does anyone know what our time was from this run or at least where I can find it?