We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bumping while I work. The permission changes still are causing issues.

:)

- Week to go through admissions, month+ to message some numbers. Not very logical, but things do happen. Still patiently waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahegrod View Post
    - Week to go through admissions, month+ to message some numbers. Not very logical, but things do happen. Still patiently waiting.
    I think it's time to contact our local governmental bodies. It's a small amount, but the law is the law unfortunately. Everyone should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    I think it's time to contact our local governmental bodies. It's a small amount, but the law is the law unfortunately. Everyone should be held accountable.
    Oh, not at all. Besides the points, my kinship and I had a wonderful time doing this. The points were just a bonus. They will come, in due time. I don't mind waiting.

My kinmates are starting to think I kept their codes to myself :p I sent the initial PM with names + a followup a couple of weeks ago without hearing anything, but trying to be patient :)
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Feb 10 2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    My kinmates are starting to think I kept their codes to myself I sent the initial PM with names + a followup a couple of weeks ago without hearing anything, but trying to be patient
    Tell to come, and read the forums. My partner did, and they no longer think I am giving them the runaround.

And personally I grew up around prosecutors, detectives, and some high ranking police officers. Since I was a little tyke I've held the belief the law is the law. Unless it is grossly unfair, you abide by it. That is the reason I sent a formal information request to the Turbine offices. If it is not answered, or uncovers bad practices, the state then takes it over. You have to remember the German, and French participants got their codes immediately, while we did not. Something is just not right here, and it is time to see how far this goes back.

P.S. Sapience, you can stop this all by doing what I said in an updated private message to you. Just come out, and announce that management does not have the capacity to award us our prizes. It is in the fine print of your contest rules, but you do have to make a public announcement to not get prosecuted.

I mean...

You're blowing this out of proportion. It's just a few points, on a game. Probably a few dollars worth. There's honestly no reason to get legal with it. I'm more excited about taking the hobbits to Isengard, then I am about some TP that I will spend in 2 minutes. You have an amazing game that's for the most part, free. Anything more than waiting is completely unnecessary in my opinion. Just a game.

And personally I grew up around prosecutors, detectives, and some high ranking police officers. Since I was a little tyke I've held the belief the law is the law. Unless it is grossly unfair, you abide by it. That is the reason I sent a formal information request to the Turbine offices. If it is not answered, or uncovers bad practices, the state then takes it over.
    To each their own, but I wouldn't personally even consider taking legal action in any form concerning this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    To each their own, but I wouldn't personally even consider taking legal action in any form concerning this.
    It's not over just this. There is something I personally want to look closely at now since it's been bothering me for quite some time, and there is a possible infraction. I personally don't want to take legal action either; I want to keep them in check. I am a firm capitalist who believes in a self-regulating market, and that is what I am pursuing at first. If I can not reach my goal, and/or find legal infractions, then it would be up to others where it goes from there.

Trust me, there is nothing I like more than going after a group of people, a company or even the government. It's a waste of my time, but I know there are few others who will do something when they see it. And trust I have the money, that's the problem; it's the ethics.

If it was me waiting on one of these prizes, I would be joining the online streaming next week(believe it's the 28th) & try to get a answer from Sapience that way.

This is absolutely ridiculous that people have been waiting at least a month & still no prize rewards & on top of that no mention from Sapience on why the delay. He has been in this forum several times during the past month & this just keeps getting over looked.

11. Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    If it was me waiting on one of these prizes, I would be joining the online streaming next week(believe it's the 28th) & try to get a answer from Sapience that way.

This is absolutely ridiculous that people have been waiting at least a month & still no prize rewards & on top of that no mention from Sapience on why the delay. He has been in this forum several times during the past month & this just keeps getting over looked.
    My guess is that it, unfortunately, has to do with what happened last week. Or, to be more precise, the situation that caused what happened last week

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

~sigh~ Still no word, huh? : /
    [center] [b]|Faewyrn|[/b]|Captain of Rhûn||95| |Agala||Warden of Snowbourn||85| |Saelila||Huntress of Mirkwood||85| |Orronn||Champion of Women||80| [/center]
    [center] Leader of Randirheim: The Wanderer's Home on Landroval. [/center]
    [center] I BOOP YOUR NOSE. BOOP! [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post

I did try the stream a couple of times and he just kept jumping over it with other players trying to help me get the answer since he purposefully jumped over it. Like I said before, just contact a consumer group, or file a complaint with a governing body. Neither way is fast, but it helps prevent issues like this from happening again. Or you can be like me. Gather as much information as you can, and then present to various agencies to see what type of case there is. Remember, situations like this don't just happen once with a business/entity. You then have to ask, "Were those Helm's Deep set lotteries actually awarded the way they claimed?," or, "Were the BETA prizes awarded?". They never had to prove winners in those contests.

Remember, situations like this don't just happen once with a business/entity. You then have to ask, "Were those Helm's Deep set lotteries actually awarded the way they claimed?," or, "Were the BETA prizes awarded?". They never had to prove winners in those contests.
    This is not meant to sound bitter - more just resigned, but let's just say that from my and others' experiences over the years; when you win a contest where Turbine has to send you a code or the like manually it is easier if you don't expect to get the actual prize, get it right away, or that it works [as intended]. I've just gotten to a point where I shrug and don't bother too much. I fully believe their intentions are to award the winners, though.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Feb 19 2014 at 09:50 AM.

I did try the stream a couple of times and he just kept jumping over it with other players trying to help me get the answer since he purposefully jumped over it. Like I said before, just contact a consumer group, or file a complaint with a governing body. Neither way is fast, but it helps prevent issues like this from happening again. Or you can be like me. Gather as much information as you can, and then present to various agencies to see what type of case there is. Remember, situations like this don't just happen once with a business/entity. You then have to ask, "Were those Helm's Deep set lotteries actually awarded the way they claimed?," or, "Were the BETA prizes awarded?". They never had to prove winners in those contests.
    Sorry you couldn't get an answer.

I think it's just awful how this has been handled.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Sorry you couldn't get an answer.

I think it's just awful how this has been handled.
    For me it's just a matter of consumer rights. I do not care about the prize at this point; I want whatever false dealings that are being done here to stop. Giveaways and contests make for wonderful ad campaigns, and bring in the highest return on investment of all the advertising avenues if you run them the right way. That is why they are ran, and the abuse of them, or the consumer is not tolerable. Like I referenced earlier, I ran a "Meme" contest for one of businesses. It had a very similar setup, and the individual prizes would probably fit into the same category. In that contest of skill, I ran it for a few weeks, and then had to make delivery, or schedule deliver, of the prizes within 2 weeks of the winner officially claiming their prize. Failure to do so would have cost me at least $15,000 just from one set of fines.

That personal anecdote gives all the reason why I am taking the stand that I am. If I didn't win, and I saw in the forums this same thing was happening, I would be fighting just as hard for a resolution to this issue. What I am doing is a slow process, but I am trying to gather all the information I legally can before hindering a group by mistake.

Here are some links for you guys to follow: http://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-prot...-complaint-ftc for US residents
    http://www.bbb.org/boston/ is always a great place to contact
    Sorry to those in the UK, I forget who your governing body is over matters like this.

And Whiteberry, I only aspect things to be done the responsible way. If they came out and said, "We can not manage the prizes at this time, we will delay final judgement on whether we can award the prizes as stated until XX/XX/XXXX", everything would be fine. But, they announced a new weekly contest since the closing of this one. That does not go over well with me.

There's supposed to be a players council or something? Maybe the company people should get with those folks to intermediate in cases like this. It's probably a simple human oversight, but the fact some minor issue like this drags on makes them look uncaring. I'm sure they could easily get some hyper dedicated volunteer player to act as ombudsman.

Bumped for March, Day 55 and still waiting...

To be honest, this kind of slipped off my radar. Having won one of the categories I came to check if our prizes had been rewarded, noticed the thread and thought woohoo! But no...

What a disappointment this has turned out to be. And while I do believe patience is a virtue, 3 months is far too long to wait. Kudos to those of you taking action.

My winning entry...intended to post this sooner.

[URL=http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/suzetla/media/Forumsig2015_zps063cf542.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag446/suzetla/Forumsig2015_zps063cf542.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I'm still waiting as well. While I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, it's a bit sad and, if not resolved, it's certainly not going to encourage me to participate in similar events in the future. And generally, I love this kind of thing.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Through mismanagement, I don't think events like this are going to help dwell up interest in the game anymore. Like I said, it's the cheapest, most effective way of advertising, and they screwed it up. I still think more people should report this violation, and any that was in the past. My report alone, even with all the details I submitted, holds no water unless others do so. A single voice does not amount to anything, but if many others do the same, something may be done to stop issues like this happening again.

In a time when Turbine needs every customer they can get, not even a peep from them makes for more than enough bad advertising to handle.

Anyway there is "Take the Hobbits to Isengard", "Screenshot of the Week" to be unveiled soon, and I am sure other promotions to come in the spring to keep people occupied, and satisfied with how the game is managed. That is, of course, if this particular situation does not repeat itself.

But what I love most about this whole thing, Sapience does everything he can to dodge questions about this. And of course, the other games' staff do the best they can to dodge questions about him.

I watched the live stream while it was taking place & seen people trying to get a answer for this. It is now obvious that Turbine is avoiding this issue. Pretty sad that there totally ignoring this.

To all who participated in this contest, I am sorry you have not gotten your rewards. Sadly I don't foresee these going out. Looks to me Turbine just wants this to get brushed under the rug & go away.

To Turbine, if you cannot part with the rewards- DON'T BE HAVING CONTESTS!

23. Still waiting for these

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

I'm still waiting for the forum lock/wipe. Personally I've saved this thread over and over again as it grows. But yes, still waiting, and I won't participate in these contests, or hand over any money to LotRO in the future. I'll just be sticking around for the players I've been lucky enough to meet.
    Last edited by Peresbert; Mar 13 2014 at 09:15 AM.

I'm still waiting for the forum lock/wipe. Personally I've saved this thread over and over again as it grows. But yes, still waiting, and I won't participate in these contests, or hand over any money to LotRO in the future. I'll just be sticking around for the players I've been luck enough to meet.
    As a fellow player Peresbert, let me try to help you get this thread locked, and porbably get me another infraction

Yeah, it is amazing how little attention is paid to these events/contests that they proclaim on their facebook page, twitter, the forums and the launcher as well as other places I am sure.
    We apparently see a lack of interest in keeping up with their events for the players, as well giving out the prices as they are supposed to do.
    And then when it all falls to the ground for them, they stick their heads in the ground like an ostrich and hope it all goes away.

So yeah Peresbert, I follow you in not spending more money, and also will not log on to my accounts, and do hope that a larger part of the community will follow us in trying to get Turbine to keep up with their events/contests and give out what was originally intended/promised.
    Bazzakrak - Champion - Riddermark - LvL 85 - Still looking to get correct name on Bounder token plaque.
    Now also banned from posting on the lotro facebook page.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast