We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Server Population

Hello All,
    I have been away from Firefoot forever. I do however have an old Rank 10 Kinship with a kinhouse and was wondering what the server Population was like.
    "Whaddya mean it's ONLY a Balrog. You get your skinny but up here and tank MR. "LOREMASTER" " Guardian after Raid wipe on Balrog. I was the Loremaster..... Guardians get so huffy about repair bills. LAWLZ

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    There are some server stats published somewhere, http://lotroaltfinder.net/statistics.html and perhaps also http://middleearthinitiative.wordpre...sing-a-server/ a bit.

I have never been anywhere else. Don't know how it is. I find Firefoot to be more or less as I expected a MMO server to be; more people in town, less out of it. I have been told that Firefoot is a low population server, well, I admit that sometimes you would expect to see more players online, but I do not mind. It is easy to find a calm spot in town (Bree mostly) and Rivendel is never crowded. Hardly ever more than perhaps one other player queuing up to get a Quest.

Brandywine may be the opposite, since most stuff I come across indicates that it is the most crowded server, with up to perhaps the double of Firefoot.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow, and two on Laurelin
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

Firefoot died a little since I have been away. It looks as though Brandywine is still trucking along.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    There are some server stats published somewhere, http://lotroaltfinder.net/statistics.html and perhaps also http://middleearthinitiative.wordpre...sing-a-server/
    Not seen these before the first is a eye opener...I suppose historical data not available?
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

No clue, it would be interesting though.

Greetings Firefoot! I am joining this thread because I too am returning after being gone for over a year. I want to reimurse myself into the game, so I plan on starting over from scratch. Since I don't know anyone in game now, I'm free to join any server available. I know a lot of people say Brandywine has the largest population for the US, but that seems like a double edge sword. More people around to do stuff with, but a lot of competition when questing.

I have two questions:

1) If I come back to Firefoot, can anyone recommend a good kinship with a large enough population (I'm usually online in the evenings on the west coast) that I can quest with?
    2) Secondly, can anyone tell me a good reason to come back to Firefoot over Brandywine?

Thank you all for your input! Looking forward to coming back.

This whole server population question is actually interesting. I personally enjoy the heck out of Firefoot, I just wish there was more items going up on the AH. Making it so everyone will have multiple alts that can make whatever you want puts a huge hit on it.

Too many people on a server creates lag and long questing when you can't find what you're supposed to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylerion View Post
    1) If I come back to Firefoot, can anyone recommend a good kinship with a large enough population (I'm usually online in the evenings on the west coast) that I can quest with?
    2) Secondly, can anyone tell me a good reason to come back to Firefoot over Brandywine?
    Sorry for not seeing this earlier, i have not been around the forums a lot lately.

#1 I am a member of Fist of Fate. All my four characters are. However, having said that, even if it is an elder Kinship (not making any comparisons here) I must say I lack activity and sometimes we may only be 2-3 online at once (European Players). A friend, Ederon, left this Kinship to make his own, Company of Rohan, and has more activity. I can not advice you towards one of the other, there are a few available.
    #2 I really do not know what I could write to recommend one server over the other. I have no experience from other servers, but as DirkBadgewick writes, maybe that could be a reason as good as any. If you are a bit of a LoneWolf, maybe Firefoot will fit well, but I guess that even players that are more social do find spots and environments on Firefoot that suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firward View Post
    Hello All,
    I have been away from Firefoot forever. I do however have an old Rank 10 Kinship with a kinhouse and was wondering what the server Population was like.
    Having been here since '07, I can assure you it is a shadow of its former glory. Doubtful you will recognize anyone and more than likely all the people you knew have moved on or quit. Game is still fun, a lot less skills now with the revamp; much needed, in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but they did a housing foreclosure some time back and you might want to log in just to see if you still have a guild hall; I know a lot of people personally who lost out on this.

Regardless, the game still has a decent amount of offer; could be better but it is what it is, come back and try it out.

Just might like it, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    Having been here since '07, I can assure you it is a shadow of its former glory.
    I am doing my best to chase the shadows away...