We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Cosmetic Robe changes

I have noticed this a few weeks ago, but it was confirmed for the other day. Some of the robes from the westement are shorter on female toons and longer on male toons. I am a female player and personally I like the longer robe look because the short robes remind me of a short dress with leggings. I wish turbine would have given us the option of short or long robe look rather than forcing the short robe look on the female toons. I can honestly say this is the first thing I have hated about lotro. I love doing cosmetics, and have spent hours looking for that perfect look for my toons, and now the newer nice looking robes that I was going to use on my LM are short just because I have a female toon. Plz change this back or at least give us the option of short or long robes.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wildwind; Dec 28 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwind View Post
    I have noticed this a few weeks ago, but it was confirmed for the other day. Some of the robes from the westement are shorter on female toons and longer on male toons. I am a female player and personally I like the longer robe look because the short robes remind me of a short dress with leggings. I wish turbine would have given us the option of short or long robe look rather than forcing the short robe look on the female toons. I can honestly say this is the first thing I have hated about lotro. I love doing cosmetics, and have spent hours looking for that perfect look for my toons, and now the newer nice looking robes that I was going to use on my LM are short just because I have a female toon. Plz change this back or at least give us the option of short or long robes.

Thanks!
    I agree. I tend to prefer longer robes especially on my mini. Not that some short ones are not nice too now and then. So I would love to see them give us the choice. Though that having been said I don't often wear the stuff from Rohan, I'll wear something else cosmetically. An elf running around dressed like on of the Rohirrim just doesn't make much sense to me. Miht have to start up a human LM and say she's from Rohan or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwind View Post
    I wish turbine would have given us the option of short or long robe look rather than forcing the short robe look on the female toons.
    I'd love the chance to pick a look with stuff that has alternative looks, based on gender! If only because one of my Dwarves would look awesome, wearing the feathered Tattered Hat... but as it is, that's not possible; the feather's only present in the female variant. And in-game All Dwarves Are Male, even when it wouldn't matter, as is the case with that hat. :/

Meluihel:
    An Elf in Mannish gear would be roughly as rational as a Hobbit working for a Rohirrim mob boss wannabe. Though I do believe the word we're looking for is 'absurd'...

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    Meluihel:
    An Elf in Mannish gear would be roughly as rational as a Hobbit working for a Rohirrim mob boss wannabe. Though I do believe the word we're looking for is 'absurd'...
    Haha you make a good point, two actually. I guess I just prefer something a little more... elvish for my elf. Or Dunedain if she's wandering around Rohan.

I love this outfit for example

or like this

Both of them still need work but they are a good beginning I think. And the armour is nice because it doesn't make her look Rohirrim but also might but still looks good.