We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

HD Made MC worse!

I don't know if it's just me, but I find MC a lot worse since HD came out.
    I've leveled several characters to 95 and among them they have all 3 war steed classes. The one I found least problematic is Light war steed, while Medium and Heavy are almost impossible to control even on open fields. All the war steeds are at max level and fully traited as they were in East Rohan where i found the controls somewhat better prior to HD.
    Also lately, the lag, especially in West Rohan makes the game almost unplayable. I have a pretty good rig and even after having to reduce some of my settings, the lag is still there, especially on MC and especially when engaged in combat.
    Has anyone else found this?

P.S. I really love the idea of MC and I think for most part, it has been done well, but the terrible, clanky controls of the steeds really spoil it for me. I would dearly like to see it improved, especially controls, but also some of the skills.
    Some classes, like burglers are pure melee, which i find rather horrible on MC, while Minstre's shouts aggro everything for miles around. This doesn't make sense to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Also lately, the lag, especially in West Rohan makes the game almost unplayable. I have a pretty good rig and even after having to reduce some of my settings, the lag is still there, especially on MC and especially when engaged in combat.
    Has anyone else found this?
    Sounds like lag is the main source of your problem, because I have not seen any other change in mounted combat.
    Some classes, like burglers are pure melee, which i find rather horrible on MC, while Minstre's shouts aggro everything for miles around.
    Burglars are just rubbish in combat. But, I'd say that's more a factor of incompetent skill design, not that they're melee based. By comparison, Champions are also melee based, but is great at mounted combat. Maybe if the Burglar had skills to throw up a Trick, and remove it for morale/endurance/power/steed-power healing, it would have some survivability and not be so rubbish.

Also, as for Minstrel, unless you're using Riddermark discipline, the size of the aoe is reasonable. Red dawn is all damage, Rohirrim is all healing and Riddermark is neither.