We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    GREAT. Now they're gonna know how it works.

Delete this post immediately.
    Isn't it widely known anyway?

This suggestion sounds like an easy, very doable fix without having to rework the whole combat system. Time to work, Turbine.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    They just need a global cooldown.

You use 1 skill, every skill goes on cooldown for one second on top of that skills CD.

Goodbye combat macros.
    But then you won't be able to spend hours upon hours "shredding targets" in primetime PVP with the exploit.

Those who can exploit and get away with it, do. Those who can't, are in ANV

Just ignore lazy macro-users on 1on1, kins and groups.. they will eventually get bored and stop. I hope Turbine will do something about it also

They will never stop, in fact once they've gotten the taste of easy kills/cheating/exploiting they will dig even deeper to find something else. It always goes like this and ends up destroying a game unless of course the company that is running the game takes action against them.

Quote Originally Posted by unip0pcorn View Post
    They will never stop, in fact once they've gotten the taste of easy kills/cheating/exploiting they will dig even deeper to find something else. It always goes like this and ends up destroying a game unless of course the company that is running the game takes action against them.
    ^This. The ignoring policy didn't work with scumbag rank farmers, why would it work against macroers? Cheaters will always be cheaters, they don't care if you ignore them or call them (or there kinship) out for it. As long as they have it easy, they won't care. Unless Turbine steps in and actually does something about it.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Remove ESC buttons ability to cancel skills.

Interup skills go off: macros failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    You're thinking way too smartly, knock it off.

Delete this post immediately.
    The escape button is not how this exploit is used, at least in its most effective form. Removing this function would have basically no impact on the Moors.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Hello dear developers, as you noticed in these days a new wave of flaming/ranting/noise etc growed up thanks to pvp ...... off course like almost of the things that happens in lotro forum devs are slow to give answers and seems to not care about our problems.....
    I need to say that people that pvp pay to play and off course they should get a preferencial support from turbine, but ofc this don't happen, so i decided to make this post to se if you can type at least 2 words about MACRO problem.
    Thank you in advance and good work

*sorry for basic english but this is not my language and i still need to learn a lot
    forget it ,
    beta signups are open ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcQCkJFsG0

BOYCOT LOTRO!
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~ [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=purple]MeL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Circle of Trust[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#666699][COLOR=purple]Melowar [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=darkgreen]MeL thyPointedEarHunter [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=red]Crymeareaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399046-Join-Warden-Squad-of-Snowbourn-%21&p=5428178#post5428178"][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]Join Warden Squad Today![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]_______[/COLOR][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][B][I]Snowbourn[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]__[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]___[/COLOR]__[/COLOR][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381206"][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]PvMP Video/Movie Gallery[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    The escape button is not how this exploit is used, at least in its most effective form. Removing this function would have basically no impact on the Moors.
    Atleast ppl i know of, do actually do it so.
    Im not one to argue about this issue and how it may be done. Im just giving an advice how to atleast get rid of one way then.

Sometimes i feel that you don't fet your voice heard, until you bring advice/knowhow to everyones attention.

If my post gets deleted, i know turbine has seen it :P

The original Valdez

While this issue is getting the most attention there are others that are equally as game breaking. 2 burgs sat at the red gate of grams and killed me with CDG while in stealth, doesn't show up in combat log because it's in stealth, doesn't show how many/who was involved. I walk out the red gate, I'm dead while standing next to a 1shot and nothing shows up on my combat log. Literally a ghost farm before I even make it outside the gate. Please for the love of god tell me THIS is intended. The 1-shots are sleeping on the job an CDG can take off 30k morale while never leaving stealth. No damaging attack should allow the opponent to remain in stealth, and it sure as hell shouldn't remove 2/3 of my morale with a single skill. 2 burgs can stealth kill any warg in .2s and have nothing show up other than a Rez request. I've had RKs and cappies stand next to the 1-shots for 20-30s while massacring creeps coming out of grams. So not only can they grams camp, they can do so with impunity and no threat of the one-shots when hitting the red gate. I've been killed from 55+ meters at GV... But freeps can literally reach the red gate at grams and kill creeps in .2s while never leaving stealth.

Burgs can have 7-12k dps in a normal fight. Two burgs can kill a creep without leaving stealth when using this exploit... And yet there are 30+ posts about wargs having high dps and not this issue... Ok for freeps to exploit/cheat.. Wargs have a 3-4k crit on claws and the forums blow apart.

Sad pathetic priorities... How about we bring forth all the problems.. Not just those that seem unfair to freeps. Fix macro exploits (not all macros are exploits) fix the 1shots, fix warden bleeds, fix god mode cappies, give champs dps (it's too low), fix burgs CDG skill, fix minis, fix reavers, fix BAs MT CD... Fix all the broken garbage and give us real pvmp...
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    Two burgs can kill a creep
    Good call

Clearly the game is broken

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverofWebs View Post
    Good call

This is quite a pathetic troll attempt.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Good call

Purposefully missing the point.

Fix all the broken garbage and give us real pvmp...
    I'm sorry. That will not happen. This game is developed by people who know nothing of games or gaming. They don't PVP. I don't even think the game devs play games at all. They don't seem to understand anything about games except, "Hey, let's add a cloak and put it in the store!".

I was just reading a thread on the LM forums. Apparently some LM is just letting his pet kill everything. He's like level 30 and knows nothing about his class, because his pet can do everything for him.

This is what the devs have come up with. A game where your pet kills everything for you. Funfun. That's on the PVE side.

On the PVP side, we have a company that allowed, condoned and it almost seems encouraged multiboxing and farming in it's PVP zone. A company that does that clearly has no idea of even the basics of a PVP game.

Tolkien's world was so amazing that it offered nearly unlimited potential to whichever company got the rights. I hope Turbine finally figures it out and can unleash that potential one day, from PVE all the way to PVP, but I doubt it will happen. They don't have anyone who's passionate about games or gaming working there...just people passionate about marketing and selling #### in a store.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    I'm sorry. That will not happen. This game is developed by people who know nothing of games or gaming. They don't PVP. I don't even think the game devs play games at all. They don't seem to understand anything about games except, "Hey, let's add a cloak and put it in the store!".

I was just reading a thread on the LM forums. Apparently some LM is just letting his pet kill everything. He's like level 30 and knows nothing about his class, because his pet can do everything for him.

This is what the devs have come up with. A game where your pet kills everything for you. Funfun. That's on the PVE side.

On the PVP side, we have a company that allowed, condoned and it almost seems encouraged multiboxing and farming in it's PVP zone. A company that does that clearly has no idea of even the basics of a PVP game.

Tolkien's world was so amazing that it offered nearly unlimited potential to whichever company got the rights. I hope Turbine finally figures it out and can unleash that potential one day, from PVE all the way to PVP, but I doubt it will happen. They don't have anyone who's passionate about games or gaming working there...just people passionate about marketing and selling #### in a store.
    That's the sad point... It wouldn't actually take much to fix some of these issues and we'd actually have some decent balance right now. Turbine knows how to make god-mode, and suck... Nothing in between. Give champs some dps/survivability, give wargs survivability/less dps, fix a skill that consistently hits for 30k damage while remaining in stealth (definitely not intended) and possible alter/ disable some
    Other skills using the "monster play" buff.. And it was be decent right now. If they are that close why close the door now.. Fix it and give us a working product.
    Last edited by AaronIU; Dec 25 2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

While this issue is getting the most attention there are others that are equally as game breaking. 2 burgs sat at the red gate of grams and killed me
    A Warg died in PVP to 2 burgs

Truly game breaking and must be hotfixed immediatley

A warg should be invincible

0/10 would not read again.

This poster clearly has the IQ of a 2 year old, and continues to troll with miss quotes.

/ignore

Merry Xmas
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

Good.

In cases like this the fastest way to get it fixed is to teach everyone how to do it and have them do it...repeatedly.

If two people are exploiting and no one is sure how, no one cares. If 2000 are constantly, continually exploiting, and the exploit is well known by all, Turbine will get enough complaints to do something.

Up
    Monday should be a working day in Usa and i hope that one dev may answer to this thread
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Im pretty sure i read in their Terms of agreement.. blah blah something like this :
    "Using of any 3rd party programs to gain advantage over others will result in ban."
    (not exact quote)
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Macro's make the game better. It shows real skill.
    I am Retired.

lol no.. its shows how lazy u are.. if you're good, you dont have to macro and only have to move.. wow, thats really hard

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    The macroing Reaver don't do 5 x impale ( impale have 20 sec cd ) , they macro all the debuff bleeds they have and apply to you 4 of them and then fire impale that do 4 x dmg for his ability ( 1 hit for each dot /debuff ) and the last hit is by the impale ( skill)
    Interesting , I'm trying to understand exactly how this skill works . How would this manifest itself in a combat log ? I was hit with four consecutive impale hits . In under a sec ! There was no other intervening hit . I didn't save my combat log it puzzled me at the time . All hits were the same amount about 2.5k each . Shouldn't there have been four bleeds then impale on its own ? I did have bleeds on me . Am I missing something here ? If it was a macro then I will deal with it appropriately but I'm trying to understand what's going on . Impale has a 20 sec cd doesn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Interesting , I'm trying to understand exactly how this skill works . How would this manifest itself in a combat log ? I was hit with four consecutive impale hits . In under a sec ! There was no other intervening hit . I didn't save my combat log it puzzled me at the time . All hits were the same amount about 2.5k each . Shouldn't there have been four bleeds then impale on its own ? I did have bleeds on me . Am I missing something here ? If it was a macro then I will deal with it appropriately but I'm trying to understand what's going on . Impale has a 20 sec cd doesn't it ?
    Impale hits you separately for every bleed they put on you first. That plus the impale skill itself can account for 5 separate attacks from one push of the impale button. That's how it works. Actually, I don't think I've been hit for more than 4 attacks at once but either way, the skill produces multiple separate attacks in your combat log for just hitting the one skill button.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Impale hits you separately for every bleed they put on you first. That plus the impale skill itself can account for 5 separate attacks from one push of the impale button. That's how it works. Actually, I don't think I've been hit for more than 4 attacks at once but either way, the skill produces multiple separate attacks in your combat log for just hitting the one skill button.
    Ouch that's just not cricket then !!! I can see why they are fotm at the moment . Sad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast