We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Sapience, RockX, Jinjaah we want Turbine plan/opinion about MACRO

Hello dear developers, as you noticed in these days a new wave of flaming/ranting/noise etc growed up thanks to pvp ...... off course like almost of the things that happens in lotro forum devs are slow to give answers and seems to not care about our problems.....
    I need to say that people that pvp pay to play and off course they should get a preferencial support from turbine, but ofc this don't happen, so i decided to make this post to se if you can type at least 2 words about MACRO problem.
    Thank you in advance and good work

*sorry for basic english but this is not my language and i still need to learn a lot
    Last edited by Anolus; Dec 22 2013 at 03:30 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Do you need Turbine to take action? On E we blacklist and report en mass these macrsploiters and are trolling them into transferring, my friend. 3 confirmed banned, 2/3 from an infamous macrsploiting kin. The consensus is Macrsploting > Rank Farming.
    Those who can exploit and get away with it, do. Those who can't, are in ANV

Today I was engaged by BA and reaver. Got literally destroyed in couple of sec in blue line even and 13k critc defence.

5 times Impale spam 5x headshot

2x Vital target

Haven't bothered to check rest of it. Morale was drained super fast.

Not sure if macro is banable. Some say it is , others don't.

I want to hear a word from Sapience srsly.

I makes no sense to play, you got zero chance of wining and basically wasting your time and giving free points to those cheaters.

Will be wise to actually stop going in Ettenmoors until this problem is solved.

P.S.

I created 2 thread related to same subject. One got deleted, I hope this one won't. And I sincerely hope those cheaters will be punished... or wait...

not srs.. since they "don't care" or perhaps "soon"?

:P

P.S.S. Turbine you really going to allow this? I know that you care little for PVMP, but this is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post

The macroing Reaver don't do 5 x impale ( impale have 20 sec cd ) , they macro all the debuff bleeds they have and apply to you 4 of them and then fire impale that do 4 x dmg for his ability ( 1 hit for each dot /debuff ) and the last hit is by the impale ( skill)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

50k morale gone in under 5 seconds when I got attacked by a burg last night.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Today I was engaged by BA and reaver. Got literally destroyed in couple of sec in blue line even and 13k critc defence.

2x Vital target

Haven't bothered to check rest of it. Morale was drained super fast.

Not sure if macro is banable. Some say it is , others don't.

I want to hear a word from Sapience srsly.

I makes no sense to play, you got zero chance of wining and basically wasting your time and giving free points to those cheaters.

Will be wise to actually stop going in Ettenmoors until this problem is solved.

P.S.

I created 2 thread related to same subject. One got deleted, I hope this one won't. And I sincerely hope those cheaters will be punished... or wait...

not srs.. since they "don't care" or perhaps "soon"?

:P

P.S.S. Turbine you really going to allow this? I know that you care little for PVMP, but this is too much.
    You weren't hit by the exploit. Ignorance here does not serve anyone well.

There is an exploit that can be macroed. This was just you getting chewed up with low defense against orc craft and the fact that the impale bonus damage still bypasses mits/audacity.

Even my Signature is trolling!

You wont hear anything until January, they are all on holiday vacation and arent aloud to go on their accounts when not at work
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    You wont hear anything until January, they are all on holiday vacation and arent aloud to go on their accounts when not at work
    What if they do it quietly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    You weren't hit by the exploit. Ignorance here does not serve anyone well.

There is an exploit that can be macroed. This was just you getting chewed up with low defense against orc craft and the fact that the impale bonus damage still bypasses mits/audacity.
    Good call. Reavers cannot possibly benefit from macroing.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverofWebs View Post
    Good call. Reavers cannot possibly benefit from macroing.
    Technically they can... But what was described wasn't the effects of a macro. Supplying misleading information about bugs/exploits just hinders the fixing of them.
    Rakanor R12 Reaver - Trin R11 Champion

Please some blue name give us sign that:

- It's not intended gameplay.

- You intend to do something about it.

And i don't mean "balancing classes" so that macroers will now need 3s instead of 1s to kill something.

Lol I regret that I didn't saved my combat log pic.

I clearly saw 5x Imapale each 1k normal dmg in about 1.5 sec aprox

There where also 2 attacks from BA Vital Target 1 cirtc 1 normal again in couple of sec.

BA has a 40 sec CD for VT.

Understand the skill, my friend. Or risk looking foolish.
    Those who can exploit and get away with it, do. Those who can't, are in ANV

There where also 2 attacks from BA Vital Target 1 cirtc 1 normal again in couple of sec.

BA has a 40 sec CD for VT.
    Reavers can apply up to 4 bleeds, impale does an extra hit for each bleed that reaver has on that target. So 1 main hit + up to 4 extra hits depending on the amount of bleeds.

The extra hits are supposed to go through all mitigations according to the tooltip. They also will always do the same amount of damage as one another. However the amount of damage they do may or may not be WAI currently. The tooltip says 25% extra damage of the main hit per bleed, it used to be 25% pre-HD. Post-HD it does quite a bit more whether the devs increased it and didn't update the tooltip, or it's still supposed to be 25% and is currently not WAI I have no idea which is happening.
    Rakanor R12 Reaver - Trin R11 Champion

There is so much wrong right now with the Ettenmoors, Macro'ing is just one of MANY issues that sit idle without resolve. C'mon Turbine and dev's!

They just need a global cooldown.

You use 1 skill, every skill goes on cooldown for one second on top of that skills CD.

Goodbye combat macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    They just need a global cooldown.

You use 1 skill, every skill goes on cooldown for one second on top of that skills CD.

Goodbye combat macros.
    goodbye to about about the only unique and enjoyable part of lotro combat compared to every other mmo on the market.

Why not just fix the actual bug/exploit? I feel like I'm on crazy pills and just suggesting this is (as i did in another thread) is being treated like some wild notion.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    goodbye to about about the only unique and enjoyable part of lotro combat compared to every other mmo on the market.

Why not just fix the actual bug/exploit? I feel like I'm on crazy pills and just suggesting this is (as i did in another thread) is being treated like some wild notion.
    Remove fast skills from the game? I really don't see where a simple 'fix' comes into play. It's not like this is just a bunch of numbers out of alignment here. Removing the ability to use a skill instantaneously via third party software would otherwise require major modification to the current combat systems.
    Why do you think other MMO's have some sort of global cooldown?
    Last edited by Untg99; Dec 24 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Remove fast skills from the game? I really don'y see where a 'fix' comes into play. It's not like this is just a bunch of numbers out of alignment here.
    Where did i say remove fast skills from the game? I'm not programmer, but how exactly is a bugged interaction between two different skill types an unfix able situation? Make it so that a fast skill can't fill the 'dead' time in combat animations, make it so that if an immediate skill begins to fire, nothing can stop it from completely doing so and going on cooldown? Holes in programming allow for these things to happen, is it really not possible to program them such that it doesn't?

seriously, am I on crazy-pills?

edit for your edit:

other games have global cooldowns because it standardizes combat such that everyone is operating on the same playing field with the same attack speeds, which are generally quite slow compared to what 'fast' classes in lotro do. There are a few exceptions to the universal cooldown system in other games I've tried, and I don't see them having 'macro problems' as their coding doesn't allow for exploits, at least as public of a problem as lotro seems to be having with this at the moment.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

AoC. Each skill has it's own cd but, with combos and an attack box, it keeps people from using macros.

Where did i say remove fast skills from the game? I'm not programmer, but how exactly is a bugged interaction between two different skill types an unfix able situation? Make it so that a fast skill can't fill the 'dead' time in combat animations, make it so that if an immediate skill begins to fire, nothing can stop it from completely doing so and going on cooldown? Holes in programming allow for these things to happen, is it really not possible to program them such that it doesn't?

seriously, am I on crazy-pills?

edit for your edit:

other games have global cooldowns because it standardizes combat such that everyone is operating on the same playing field with the same attack speeds, which are generally quite slow compared to what 'fast' classes in lotro do. There are a few exceptions to the universal cooldown system in other games I've tried, and I don't see them having 'macro problems' as their coding doesn't allow for exploits, at least as public of a problem as lotro seems to be having with this at the moment.
    Wasn't saying that you said to remove fast skills, I was trying to imply that I don't see much other way than to do so.

Back when they last tried to fix macro usage, they did so by locking skills animations into place (That is, the animation had to happen before the next skill would be allowed). The fix also made it so skills, particularly fast skills had a small delay before use. It wasn't long, but enough to kill the fluency of combat that had existed. As far as I'm aware, the 'dead time' left present is as a result of the way that fast and immediate skills work together. The fix that they had tried, went into effect on all skills and not just the skills that were at fault (Fast/immediate). Could there be a way to program that 'locked animation' function into only immediate skills? Maybe, but if they didn't, or weren't able to do it last time they tried, why would they be able to do it now?
    And it might have been lazyness, because it would more than likely be a moderately sized operation.

The scripts themselves rely on the smallest indiscrepancy between combat animations. The global cooldown was a means of suggestion because it eliminates the chance for the type of macro to have any active effect on combat. It doesn't even need to be 1 second. It could be around 100 ms, which is the exact delay required by the macro scripts in question to function.
    Last edited by Untg99; Dec 24 2013 at 05:35 AM.

A simple solution - auto-attacks only in the Moors or if you're feeling daring (and I know this goes against the lore), we can only use the hobbit racial skill "Throw Stone" (Turbine - please reduce this skill's cool-down to 1 second).

In all honesty, I'd be very surprised if Turbine does anything about this, game mechanic-wise (I hope I'm wrong). I am happy to see though that they did step up and start issuing bans this past week.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000275ef2/signature.png]Beansabovethefrank[/charsig][/center]
    [center]| [b]Beansabovethefrank[/b] - Minstrel | [b]Juanconnery[/b] - Loremaster | [b]Holyguacamole[/b] - Guardian |[/center]

Remove ESC buttons ability to cancel skills.

Interup skills go off: macros failed.

The original Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post

You're thinking way too smartly, knock it off.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aff13/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post

GREAT. Now they're gonna know how it works.

Delete this post immediately.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast