We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A powerful captain rotation

Skill Rotations

One of the most fun things about playing the captain is the great variety of rotation options available. In this area I will
    cover a simple but extremely potent rotation for DPS support and off healing. I call it the perma crit rotation.

In red line the captain has a tier 7 trait called Master of War. A key benefit of this skill is that "Critical hits with Inspire
    and Shadow's Lament will cause you and your Blade Brother's next skill to crit." This is an AWESOME buff. It last 30 seconds long
    and the cooldown for shadows lament and inspire are 20 seconds and 15 seconds respectively. So if you get 1 crit from inspire or shadows lament,
    you can get planned guaranteed free crits for your blade brother indefinitely.

To do this, just alternate between inspire and shadows lament to continually give yourself and your blade brother crits.
    The time in between the cooldowns of these skills can be used for off healing with vocal skills, dpsing with tactical skills,
    or buffing with To Arms, Telling mark, or Oathbreakers.

You will end the perma crit rotation if you use a melee or ranged skill (it will use up the free crit), however it is quite easy
    to get it started again with another crit from inspire or shadows lament.

You will nerf your own dps rotation if you use this, but if you are off healing with WoC and using other skills that wont use the free crit, its very useful for your blade brother.

Links
    A link to the legacies: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-s-Deep-beta-6
    A link to my build: http://i.imgur.com/uWM9NE1.jpg?1
    A link to the full guide: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...86#post7049586

---Wunder
    Last edited by Stannistark; Dec 22 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Very nice post wunder!

As we discussed i think the benefit would increase your BB's dps if you could time it with a hunters insta-cast heartseeker for example but you would be slightly nerfing your own DPS and therefore i'm not sure if the increase in DPS for the hunter would be more than your loss if you tried to fully manipulate the buff...however it is a very cool ability and puts more reason to keep using inspire/SL.

~ Rav
    Ravdor, Hunter | Bamor, R12 Warden | Imladris -> CrickHollow | Raid Leader of DarkCarnage
    www.youtube.com/ravdor || www.twitch.tv/bamorz

Quote Originally Posted by Ravdor View Post
    Very nice post wunder!

As we discussed i think the benefit would increase your BB's dps if you could time it with a hunters insta-cast heartseeker for example but you would be slightly nerfing your own DPS and therefore i'm not sure if the increase in DPS for the hunter would be more than your loss if you tried to fully manipulate the buff...however it is a very cool ability and puts more reason to keep using inspire/SL.

~ Rav
    I think this combination will best be used in the moors for some crazy burst dps. Not sure about other classes, but for warden using the auto crit with a bleed skill makes all bleed pulses for the skill crit as well. This is a huge dps bump and i can see a well coordinated cappy and warden ripping creeps apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    I think this combination will best be used in the moors for some crazy burst dps. Not sure about other classes, but for warden using the auto crit with a bleed skill makes all bleed pulses for the skill crit as well. This is a huge dps bump and i can see a well coordinated cappy and warden ripping creeps apart.
    I feel like the auto-crit working for not just the initial hit but ALL of the pulses is a bug... I would it find it hard to believe that was intended...but yes right now its a pretty crazy combo...
    Ravdor, Hunter | Bamor, R12 Warden | Imladris -> CrickHollow | Raid Leader of DarkCarnage
    www.youtube.com/ravdor || www.twitch.tv/bamorz

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    Yep, all ticks of my bleeds are critting as well. Pretty cool.