We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Varda
    Posts
    302

    Exclamation Devs will you do anything against macro exploits in PVMP?

    There a lot's people complaining about and if you really leave PVMP in this state then is real shame.

    I honestly do not want write wall of text, everyone knows about it and it's complete BS.

    Are you planing to do anything or leave this PVMP as a complete mess and heaven for exploiters and cheaters.

    Can we have conformation of Sapience or any other dev , if you actually care even little..

    Thank you and please do not delete this thread.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    There a lot's people complaining about and if you really leave PVMP in this state then is real shame.

    I honestly do not want write wall of text, everyone knows about it and it's complete BS.

    Are you planing to do anything or leave this PVMP as a complete mess and heaven for exploiters and cheaters.

    Can we have conformation of Sapience or any other dev , if you actually care even little..

    Thank you and please do not delete this thread.
    Actually, maybe go about the other way... make it public. Like ad a thread for posting macro's. Reason for that is that macro's are just a couple of skills in succession, so this way it gets equal to all about how to set it up. The rapid succession of skills can be adjusted by a global cooldown on damage-skills. The exploits (the burg used to have one) need to be fixed anywayz. People are going to find ways around it, so better to streamline it within acceptable outlines then forbid it. You know what happens when you say "no, I forbid you" to a kid... they'll be doing it anywayz.

    Also, since lotro wants to be like the rest like the trees, about time they follow with the macro's as well. That way the difference between the games are even more minimized what ofcourse is wanted. And the question is whether macro's are even exploits at all. Basicly is just hitting the skill-button in a rapid progression... so being a "clicker" (clicking on skills to make em go off) is exploiting then as well?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    Actually, maybe go about the other way... make it public. Like ad a thread for posting macro's. Reason for that is that macro's are just a couple of skills in succession, so this way it gets equal to all about how to set it up. The rapid succession of skills can be adjusted by a global cooldown on damage-skills. The exploits (the burg used to have one) need to be fixed anywayz. People are going to find ways around it, so better to streamline it within acceptable outlines then forbid it. You know what happens when you say "no, I forbid you" to a kid... they'll be doing it anywayz.

    Also, since lotro wants to be like the rest like the trees, about time they follow with the macro's as well. That way the difference between the games are even more minimized what ofcourse is wanted. And the question is whether macro's are even exploits at all. Basicly is just hitting the skill-button in a rapid progression... so being a "clicker" (clicking on skills to make em go off) is exploiting then as well?
    Posting exploits of any kind is a bad idea and may backfire even if the intention is good. There is an "exploit" category on the bug form. Please submit bugs on this as it's clearly something that is destroying PvMP.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven-EU View Post
    Posting exploits of any kind is a bad idea and may backfire even if the intention is good. There is an "exploit" category on the bug form. Please submit bugs on this as it's clearly something that is destroying PvMP.
    For one we both know that hasn't helped, nor the numerous threads on it so far nor the reports during beta. You can be naive and "hope" for the best, but its pretty clear they are unwilling or unable to address this very quickly. I'm just offering an out of the box thinking and alternative solution. Besides that, there's nowhere it states that "thou shalt not use macro's". And since lotro is "so all in about making this game like the other ones" (same options), opening this road of macro's is only logical. Ofcourse the bugs of certain skills following eachother where cd's aren't resetting or dmg is out of proportion should be fixed. Other then that I still fail to see a macro as a problem (it's only doing skill 1, 2, 3; the same as just clicking em by mouse essentially). Abuse however should be fixed and I believe it's better to get the macro's inside the game so you can control the flow, then keep em outside.

    for the records, I'm saying macro's not exploits. those are your words. Please refrain from changing my words.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload