We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: ***Cooldowns***

  1. #1

    ***Cooldowns***

    All the HIPSes, Burrows, Faints, Last stands, Bubbles, Full heals from 0 to max, Sprints, ''Reset all skills'' skills and others should be on AT LEAST 4-5 minutes cooldown.
    This now is silly.

    *Burglars can hips effectivly 11 times in 20 mins.
    Wargs can hips 10(?) times (or almost same) and sprint same amount.

    *Guardians sprints lasts for 15 secs, if im not wrong, with 1 minute and 30 secs cooldown.
    Pledge should be at least 5 minutes CD not only 3 (?).

    *Hobbits and minstrels "Still as death" and Spiders burrow should go little bit more up. At least 5 mins like before HD.

    *Captains bubble shouldnt last 25 seconds and have 2 minute cooldown where even that CD can be lowered by hits.
    Last stand should be 15 minutes cooldown, not sure if that changed with HD.

    *War leader rezzes should be way up *IF* the other things change too. 5 minutes again.

    *Lore Masters Wisdom of the council.

    *Champions full heal (cant remember the name and Google doesnt offer any help).

    If i forgot something, please add, these were the ones that came up in my mind ATM.



    They all needs to be nerfed. Ruining the PvP action and making all the instances/BB's/Skirms easy. Even Tier 2-3 ones.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    *Champions full heal (cant remember the name and Google doesnt offer any help)..
    obviously one of the only things that make the class even viable should be removed, well thought out post.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    well thought out post.
    /123456789

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    obviously one of the only things that make the class even viable should be removed, well thought out post.
    I dont ask for only that CD to go up. But for all of them at same time. No one should be able to heal itself from 0 to max and sprint out of 5+ opponents. And exactly that was what champs were doing all the time before HD.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    130
    The WL rez should go up, but they need an out-of-combat rez as well. We can't only have 1 reliable rez class.
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    All the HIPSes, Burrows, Faints, Last stands, Bubbles, Full heals from 0 to max, Sprints, ''Reset all skills'' skills and others should be on AT LEAST 4-5 minutes cooldown.
    This now is silly.

    *Burglars can hips effectivly 11 times in 20 mins.
    Wargs can hips 10(?) times (or almost same) and sprint same amount.

    *Guardians sprints lasts for 15 secs, if im not wrong, with 1 minute and 30 secs cooldown.
    Pledge should be at least 5 minutes CD not only 3 (?).

    *Hobbits and minstrels "Still as death" and Spiders burrow should go little bit more up. At least 5 mins like before HD.

    *Captains bubble shouldnt last 25 seconds and have 2 minute cooldown where even that CD can be lowered by hits.
    Last stand should be 15 minutes cooldown, not sure if that changed with HD.

    *War leader rezzes should be way up *IF* the other things change too. 5 minutes again.

    *Lore Masters Wisdom of the council.

    *Champions full heal (cant remember the name and Google doesnt offer any help).

    If i forgot something, please add, these were the ones that came up in my mind ATM.



    They all needs to be nerfed. Ruining the PvP action and making all the instances/BB's/Skirms easy. Even Tier 2-3 ones.
    I was going to post a well thought-out response that disagrees with you, but since you were so inclined not to give well thought out reasonings as to why you think each of these should be changed i will respond in kind:
    I disagree.

  7. #7
    IMO, when thinking cooldowns you must think how frequently it can be used in terms of "fights". For example, a 30s cooldown is something that you will most likely be able to use more than once in a fight. A 2-3 min cooldown is a "once per fight" cooldown. A 5 min CD is a "once every other fight" cooldown. A 10 min cooldown is a exceptional cooldown, which won't be used very frequently. (These numbers are mostly from solo play, I can see how a 3 min cooldown can be used more than once in a group fight)

    So, given this unit of measurement, how many times is it appropiate to flop in one fight? How many times is it appropiate to sprint? Should it be available every fight? Or should it be an exceptional skill? Is it alright to have an extremely powerful skill as long as it's on a long CD? These are the questions that you need to answer in order to balance CDs.

    There's also added complexity to this, because if a class has several CDs, then this should be taken into account. Maybe it's alright for a class to use a sprint every fight. Maybe it's even alright for a class to use a sprint and a bubble. But a sprint, a bubble, and a full heal? Probably not.

    You also can't consider all "similar" cooldowns equal. For example, a big heal on DPS champs these days is quite acceptable, especially vs a a ranked creep that uses CDs. However, a big heal on a LM that can stack water-lore beyond anyone's capability to DPS, is too much. (Though probably the problem here is W-L and not WotC) Another example might be comparing RnA with ATO. ATO can be very potent, and a double DS is extremely strong, but that doesn't compare with the potency of having +50% evade chance for a full minute.

    Anyway, thats how I think CDs these days. I also believe some of these CDs should not be changed, but rather the potency of the skill decreased. This would make it so that you still have a lot of skills/resources to use (making for more interesting fights IMO), but none of them should be as game-breaking as they currently are.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post

    *Champions full heal (cant remember the name and Google doesnt offer any help).
    Please nerf the hell out of those OP Champions, thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    902
    What are CD's?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    What are CD's?
    Lol...


    The only issue with all these changes that the OP is crying about is that people are using their skills to get away rather then offensively on the shorter CD.
    I think this is great to combat the Zergs that you get in LOTRO and most of these skills while possibly lowering the amount of renown/infamy is that you will enjoy a longer fight and not be dead in 0 to 0.5 seconds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000da749/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    Anyway, thats how I think CDs these days. I also believe some of these CDs should not be changed, but rather the potency of the skill decreased. This would make it so that you still have a lot of skills/resources to use (making for more interesting fights IMO), but none of them should be as game-breaking as they currently are.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    how many times is it appropiate to flop in one fight?
    I'd say 1 is "appropriate" but currently minstrels are able to do it about 3-5 times in most RvR fights. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they'd go back to how it was when you couldn't be healed during a feign with the exception of pre-existing hots.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    What are CD's?
    Aren't they those plastic discs that music used to come on before streaming downloads? The ones that last 1,000,000 years and fill up the landfills? Especially useful for holiday decorations, light chimes (like wind chimes but with sun light), and in gardens to detract birds from eating the strawberries....
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

    The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload