We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    Gasp* Maybe I actually like the PvP in this game. And maybe I think Imladris is total and complete trash, and maybe I thought it was worth $25 of my money to leave. Just brainstorming..

Yes, there are games with better PvP. But, I've dumped quite a good chunk of my money into this game, so I might as well play it out.

Well you can always click the little X and not have to see it anymore, can't you?

Trolololol.
    That is all. Please continue. Im enjoying this.

Retired
    Ona -> Confetti - r8 Burglar // Funfetti - r7 Mini (Execution - Gladden)
    Demodex - r8 Warg // Bonana Split - r11 WL(Brandywine)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMe View Post
    Trolololol.
    That is all. Please continue. Im enjoying this.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

maybe I think Imladris is total and complete trash [/IMG]
    Yet you are here, in the Imladris forums.....where you are showing us your regret for leaving, because that is all this amounts to.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000054296/signature.png]Maddawgg[/charsig]

And maybe I think Imladris is total and complete trash
    Hehe... Maybe Imladris was trash....maybe....but then some people left for Brandy ...

The odd thing is that some of those that did leave are just overly attached and cant let go, so they troll our pvp forums in the hope that someone might notice them, since apparently they aint getting enough attention or getting noticed elsewhere...
    I shall hug you now....
    There you go, some attention for you...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    Maybe Imladris was trash
    No, Imladris IS trash. I haven't truly enjoyed myself there since Mirkwood.

It's the same for nearly every server at the moment, there just aren't enough people playing in the Ettenmoors mostly. Or they all play on one side for the most part, so it just becomes one side getting camped forever.
    Last edited by TheOrcsBane; Dec 29 2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

A good pvp is when both sides are having fun, kills/victories are had from both sides, if both sides are having fun more folks stay on the map,battles last more than few mins -more like hrs. Last fight i was in on creep side was a grams camp,freeps were apperently grouped and there seem to be a few small creeps groups(although i was not in one) because im a high rank defiler its always though that i am healing so i tend to be focused alot more(although since they nerfed defilers heals i am traited for dps/debuff -its doing more than healing atm ,heals went up by only few hundred and health went up by 50% so its definatly not scaled correctly)I tend to get killed these days 10 times and only got 1 in return so to me i dont consider that fair battle. Freeps here in this forum say "group up" sometimes easier said than done(wish some of those freeps would come creep side show us how easy its done lol),some folks wont group so easily if they dont know you or as iv seen think you could be spy for someone(as we seen last weekend as the one spying on creep side made it know they where) so its easy for some to say "ya just do it" but its not that simple. I use to lead creep raids alot back in day but now that my house has had major renavations I cant lead raids when my kid is sleeping in next room on school nite or any nite for the matter. I come from seeing pvp on lotro since shadows of angmar days- its frustrating seeing all these green/purple rank freeps when its took years back then to get those ranks(so many new OP warden babys with green -so lame), then again alot of freeps farm greenies- you are farming if theres no challenge to the fight,or bring a raid to kill a solo creep-iv been seeing that alot to. Id love to play my freeps but never can since nothing never balances- I dont have to heart to fight/farm some one. I want good epic fights that last hrs ,when both raids fall and healers are left to finish each other -those are good fights
    Iv lead raids in past - a raid will do good if everyone listens,follows there leader but when folk wont listen/follow -"learn", it gets frustrating to lead and that is why no one does- people get hungry and well then we will get farmed for it. Patience wins battles but not many have it.

Deathgoober
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000c06fd/signature.png]Ailse[/charsig]

Freeps will play how they want to play. If that means raiding up to kill a solo creep then so be it. Creepside needs to either adapt, by learning how to group up, and survive or continue to be grams camped.

Freeps need to adapt too,there was a server some yrs ago that the freeps play style made it to point all the creeps vanished, those days keeps stayed they way they were left -so map stayed blue for long time till the freeps the ruined pvp there eventuly fliped to playing creep to get things to change,eventulay it did ,but 6 month or more that server pvp died, so it not just creeps just group up -attude. Thing iv logged on several time past few day and there a raid of freep out and 2 creeps an map,there no point to doing any thing then so hand in few quests and log,just saying . Iv been also noticeing that glff dont have the same population it did some months ago sadly it looks as if imladris had lost some numbers -with that folk gotta adapt or it will end up like the other server i mention,folks are xfering,or plain up rerolling else where server as a whole has to adapt. Id rather see 1v1,2v2,etc before a farm fest at grams/gv- consider trying to provoke that if battle looks ill. keeps folk on the map til more come on or battles dont seem so one sided-just a though
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000c06fd/signature.png]Ailse[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by XxMaddawggxX View Post
    Yet you are here, in the Imladris forums.....where you are showing us your regret for leaving, because that is all this amounts to.
    Well, I didn't see a sign that says "Imladris Players Only" so I'm sorry to say, your snappy comeback is invalid Maddawwg. Also, who is to say I don't have a rank 7 reaver here?!
    Hehe... Maybe Imladris was trash....maybe....but then some people left for Brandy ...

The odd thing is that some of those that did leave are just overly attached and cant let go, so they troll our pvp forums in the hope that someone might notice them, since apparently they aint getting enough attention or getting noticed elsewhere...
    I shall hug you now....
    There you go, some attention for you...
    You know, now that I think about it...I haven't even seen you in the moors for a very long time. So why are you posting in the PvP section on the moors? One would think you're being a total and complete hypocrite. Anything you now have to say is further dubbed invalid and dismissed, thank you.

Also, thank you for the hugs. Though, I don't think I really needed one.
    Quote Originally Posted by danr607 View Post
    Freeps need to adapt too,there was a server some yrs ago that the freeps play style made it to point all the creeps vanished, those days keeps stayed they way they were left -so map stayed blue for long time till the freeps the ruined pvp there eventuly fliped to playing creep to get things to change,eventulay it did ,but 6 month or more that server pvp died, so it not just creeps just group up -attude. Thing iv logged on several time past few day and there a raid of freep out and 2 creeps an map,there no point to doing any thing then so hand in few quests and log,just saying . Iv been also noticeing that glff dont have the same population it did some months ago sadly it looks as if imladris had lost some numbers -with that folk gotta adapt or it will end up like the other server i mention,folks are xfering,or plain up rerolling else where server as a whole has to adapt. Id rather see 1v1,2v2,etc before a farm fest at grams/gv- consider trying to provoke that if battle looks ill. keeps folk on the map til more come on or battles dont seem so one sided-just a though
    You speak much wisdom Master Goober.

Also, I'm sorry for the delay, my great fans. Here are a few memes to hold you over!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    Freeps will play how they want to play. If that means raiding up to kill a solo creep then so be it. Creepside needs to either adapt, by learning how to group up, and survive or continue to be grams camped.
    lawl. you mad bro?

i don't know i think creeps are in a great shape to take on ANY freeps (exept the few op cappies, wardens and minis. but they were good before so and can't win'm all.). Creeps ave done great even if been heavily outnumbered.

also sry but last few days i've played (after my break) there is ok action or even a few too many creeps

PS
    ty for fights yesterday. was fun! first ever spiderraid i've been in:
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Quote Originally Posted by arghh View Post
    lawl. you mad bro?
    ummm no? The fact is you can't expect the other side to play how you want them to. If freeps want to raid up and murder everything that moves then creeps either need to adapt and counter or get camped.

As for creeps getting sick of the camps and leaving, well i'm not to afraid of that happening. There will always be creeps to kill.

ummm no? The fact is you can't expect the other side to play how you want them to. If freeps want to raid up and murder everything that moves then creeps either need to adapt and counter or get camped.

As for creeps getting sick of the camps and leaving, well i'm not to afraid of that happening. There will always be creeps to kill.
    That's a total cop out answer from someone who evidently doesn't like balance. Adapt and group up? You have any idea how few croups will actually take someone they don't know? Maybe you have a creep, I don't really know, but if you do, I'm assuming you have plenty of people who will group up with you creepside, you're well known on the server. But not all of us have that opportunity.

It's all very well saying "Group up", but how can we if no one is willing to?
    "All of us have left someone behind. That is why we brave the darkness. We fight so they may see the dawn."

Meh, it's pointless to argue with freeps, cause most of the highrank freeps or those who lead raids think that gramscamp and zergfest is fun, I doubt you can change that. They're just too arrogant.
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

Quote Originally Posted by arghh View Post
    PS
    ty for fights yesterday. was fun! first ever spiderraid i've been in:
    Do you know how freaky it is to be zerged by a spider raid? Riding innocently around and then boom, eight-legged freaks everywhere. Maybe having a spider myself makes me biased, but strangely it still wasn't as annoying as two wargs would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by funnypvppeople
    Rest of thread/QQ fest
    lolz
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Elf_Fairy/media/compton1_zpsfqwj0ql9.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Elf_Fairy/compton1_zpsfqwj0ql9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You know, now that I think about it...I haven't even seen you in the moors for a very long time. So why are you posting in the PvP section on the moors? One would think you're being a total and complete hypocrite. Anything you now have to say is further dubbed invalid and dismissed, thank you.
    Damn, you is right.... Could you please come to imladris moors and see me pvping so i can stop being a hypocrite...thank you..Oh wait, you left imladris. now i must remain a hypocrite forever.. nooooooooo

Silly troll... Heres another hug...

Im loving how much time you invested in writing your posts... Shows how important this thread is for you personally...

Quote Originally Posted by Anurr View Post
    Meh, it's pointless to argue with freeps, cause most of the highrank freeps or those who lead raids think that gramscamp and zergfest is fun, I doubt you can change that. They're just too arrogant.

Thats not really true.. Almost none of the high ranked freeps group up with the newbie fraid that camps grams occasionally... And they camp only because they are new and dont know better.. Anyone more experienced uses ooc to yell at them, or just stands there and observes not actually participating..

The problem is that there is so little coordination between creeps that they dont even push when they could easily beat the freeps... Ive seen this many times on my warg.. Its kinda disappointing that the only way to get any infamy is to farm fat kids or kamikazi into a froup and hope for a kill..

Why are you so quick to insult?
    Last edited by zagreb000; Dec 31 2013 at 08:47 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Amdul View Post
    That's a total cop out answer from someone who evidently doesn't like balance. Adapt and group up? You have any idea how few croups will actually take someone they don't know? Maybe you have a creep, I don't really know, but if you do, I'm assuming you have plenty of people who will group up with you creepside, you're well known on the server. But not all of us have that opportunity.

It's all very well saying "Group up", but how can we if no one is willing to?
    Its not a cop out answer, its the way it is. Freeps won't just stop raiding up all of a sudden, so what will the creeps do? Apparently QQ on the forums to no end. Why is an unwillingness to group up on creepside a freep problem?

Its not a cop out answer, its the way it is. Freeps won't just stop raiding up all of a sudden, so what will the creeps do? Apparently QQ on the forums to no end. Why is an unwillingness to group up on creepside a freep problem?
    Why won't they? Why must they raid up? When the creeps numbers are low, what's the point of raiding?

The unwillingness to group up applies to the vast majority of creeps. They do group up, but in small groups with their friends/tribe mates. And it's a freep problem because it affects the Moors in general. It affects the action, and so affects freeps.

What I'mt rying to say is your taking the easy way out. You're accepting the Moors as is because it's easy for you. You're doing well in the current expansion, so you don't think it neeeds to change. But for the server's PvPing population to actually grow, or just stop getting lower, something has to change.
    "All of us have left someone behind. That is why we brave the darkness. We fight so they may see the dawn."

Why won't they? Why must they raid up? When the creeps numbers are low, what's the point of raiding?

The unwillingness to group up applies to the vast majority of creeps. They do group up, but in small groups with their friends/tribe mates. And it's a freep problem because it affects the Moors in general. It affects the action, and so affects freeps.

What I'mt rying to say is your taking the easy way out. You're accepting the Moors as is because it's easy for you. You're doing well in the current expansion, so you don't think it neeeds to change. But for the server's PvPing population to actually grow, or just stop getting lower, something has to change.
    They raid up because that is how they enjoy pvping. And neither me nor you can tell them not to play that way. If they are fine with being stuck in a camp for the next hour and the creeps are the ones complaining about it, whose problem is it to fix?

Our pvp population will grow naturally, we don't have to change anything. People are getting fed up with the lag on larger servers and are looking to transfer to smaller servers to pvp. There are some rumors floating around that we might be getting some new creeps from other servers.

Damn, you is right.... Could you please come to imladris moors and see me pvping so i can stop being a hypocrite...thank you..Oh wait, you left imladris. now i must remain a hypocrite forever.. nooooooooo
    Oh I'm sorry, did you recently come back? Because WHILE I was on Imladris, I would constantly see you posting on the forums. Also bear in mind I really haven't been gone all that long. Maybe you just miss me, and it seems like I have been. To you begging me to come see you, maybe I will pop in on my reaver some day and grace you with a horrible and brutal zerging, because that's how Imladris rolls.

Im loving how much time you invested in writing your posts... Shows how important this thread is for you personally...
    Well, considering I started this thread, yeah I'll post on it...lol. My posts don't take me but 2 minutes, whenever I actually check to see if this thread has been posted on, or one of my fans tells me in game. But, here's you just being a hypocrite again, throwing up a long post that must have taken some minutes, hating on me for posting.

Damn, you is right.
    The proper term would be...

Damn, you are right! Always!

That door must have hit you real hard when you left.

lol "fans", delusions of grandeur much?

Oh and the rumors of people transferring to Imladris must sting, since you can never transfer back.

I predict a reroll in your future, I mean how can you possibly disappoint your imaginary "fans"?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000054296/signature.png]Maddawgg[/charsig]

They raid up because that is how they enjoy pvping. And neither me nor you can tell them not to play that way. If they are fine with being stuck in a camp for the next hour and the creeps are the ones complaining about it, whose problem is it to fix?

Our pvp population will grow naturally, we don't have to change anything. People are getting fed up with the lag on larger servers and are looking to transfer to smaller servers to pvp. There are some rumors floating around that we might be getting some new creeps from other servers.
    Zerging creeps leaving grams isn't pvp. Maybe they enjoy it because that's the only thing they've done, and don't know that it can be so much better.

Why would the population grow? People roll a greenie creep to see what the action is like, they see it's grams camps and they move on to a better server. And rumours really don't mean a whole lot, I hate to burst your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by XxMaddawggxX View Post
    That door must have hit you real hard when you left.

lol "fans", delusions of grandeur much?

Oh and the rumors of people transferring to Imladris must sting, since you can never transfer back.

I predict a reroll in your future, I mean how can you possibly disappoint your imaginary "fans"?

My fans love me, and I love them.

People can transfer to said trash server if they would like...lol, and I could transfer back anytime I want to, but that's the thing...I don't want to.

Reroll? Not possible. I'm far too lazy for things like that. I'll just stay here, on the forums, pleasing my fans day in and day out. It's ok to admit you're one of them Maddawwg. Letting go of that anger is the first step, old friend.

Zerging creeps leaving grams isn't pvp. Maybe they enjoy it because that's the only thing they've done, and don't know that it can be so much better.

Why would the population grow? People roll a greenie creep to see what the action is like, they see it's grams camps and they move on to a better server. And rumours really don't mean a whole lot, I hate to burst your bubble.
    If it happens against another player its pvp. You may not agree with the play-style, but that doesn't make it less valid. Also what makes a server better? Hate to tell you but the grass isn't greener. All server have their problems, if it isn't grams camping its lag or exploiting or some other thing people will find and QQ about.

Rumors normally have a basis in fact and if they prove to be true it could mean a nice little boost to our pvp community.

If it happens against another player its pvp. You may not agree with the play-style, but that doesn't make it less valid. Also what makes a server better? Hate to tell you but the grass isn't greener. All server have their problems, if it isn't grams camping its lag or exploiting or some other thing people will find and QQ about.

Rumors normally have a basis in fact and if they prove to be true it could mean a nice little boost to our pvp community.
    I don't agree with the playstyle because it isn't how pvp should be done. It's pvp just like farming an alt account or macroing is. There's no challenge in it.

What makes a server better is some semblance of balance between the sides, not just whoever has the biggest group wins.

When did I say other servers are better? Just because they aren't, doesn't mean we should be happy with a poor standard of pvp here.

With that last one, "if" is the big word in the sentence. Having a basis in fact could mean that a group of creeps is leaving a server, or that it's considering moving here. It is by no means something to rely on. And if they are thinking of it, surely seeing something that isn't a grams camp would make them more likely to move here.

Both sides have some good points. When Freeps raid up, the ranked Creeps need to step up and help the lower ranked Creeps to gain raid experience. Creeps have it a little easier now (grouping-wise) because there's a lot more of both Freeps and Creeps than there used to be. At the 65-cap when Creeps were VIP only, every Creep on the map would have to come together to repel the Freep menace, which usually only amounted to about 10-14 Creeps during the most busy hours, with a few exceptions. Now Creeps can hunt around the map in small groups, which is great, but when the Freeps raid up and those small groups won't form a larger group, a farm happens. I used to love leading those raids when RoI hit because most of the other ranked Creeps stopped playing as much and there were suddenly a million F2P Creeps that needed some help to get going. Many of them ended up quitting, but some of those Creeps are still hanging around, so think of it as an investment in the future for Imladris' PvMP.

Conversely, Freeps, if you want good action, camping Grams isn't the way to get it. Go roam the map, take a few keeps, and the Creeps will usually come to you. Even just sitting grouped up on Lugz hill is better as it allows Creeps a little breathing room in their home spawn point to assess the situation and form a group. When they see people getting blown up right after walking out of the one-shotters, they get discouraged and are more likely to log than group up. Communication is helpful too, whether it's talking on Vent with a friend on the opposite side, or logging to Creepside and asking "Hey, we'd like a nice group vs group/raid vs raid fight, is there any chance you guys could group up?" If you get a negative reaction, just switch back, don't be negative in return. That's how this hatred between the two sides forms. Both sides, try to accommodate each other for a fair fight if that's what you really want. Keeping the OPs even is the main thing I've seen that can lead to, or prevent, good action forming.

Something else I've noticed involving the OPs; I understand that people need them for quests, which then creates unbalanced OPs. But when that happens, don't stop the other side from evening them out again; that kills the action very quickly.

As much as we all think unfair/uneven fights are boring, they will always be a product where open-world PvP is involved, rather than structured. I personally enjoy even fights the most, but I wouldn't trade open-world PvP for Structured (both would be nice, but that would take a lot of investment in PvP, and Turbine needs to think of their profits, which comes mostly from PvE).

Anyways, just what I've noticed over the years. Take it or leave it. Happy New Year everyone!
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast