We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102

Thread: So tell me...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    642

    So tell me...

    Tell me....hows the Grams camp? Or has it started on Imladris yet?

    "Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Coevorden, Netherlands
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    Tell me....hows the Grams camp? Or has it started on Imladris yet?
    Phoenix <3 you need to get on your BW defi more often you slacker . Idk since I dont play much on this server anymore but today there was actually a GV camp O.o (and yes yes I was among them campers so what!? )
    R14 Defiler Ezmoding, R12 warleader Hydraah, R11 reaver Lubshag, R11 warg Landvaettir, R15 hunter Pewpewboom,
    R10 guardian Baforin, R9 hunter Baflo, R9 captain Adalwic
    https://www.youtube.com/catch?v=670if6Etx0o

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    845
    We have only had excellent raid v raid action. No camps anymore, so i guess both of you can come play here more often.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dâr-Gazag
    Posts
    356
    I popped in for a bit today. There was more action that I thought there'd be and we had some fun.

    I also learned that Jotar makes a terrible Pokemon. That, or I just don't have enough badges to control him well.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

    "It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    We have only had excellent raid v raid action. No camps anymore, so i guess both of you can come play here more often.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    We have only had excellent raid v raid action. No camps anymore, so i guess both of you can come play here more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post



    Retired
    Ona -> Confetti - r8 Burglar // Funfetti - r7 Mini (Execution - Gladden)
    Demodex - r8 Warg // Bonana Split - r11 WL(Brandywine)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    We have only had excellent raid v raid action. No camps anymore, so i guess both of you can come play here more often.

    "Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    153
    Iv been honestly thinking of xfering my defiler to brandy-iv been over few time and seems action is crazy there, Imladris seem to have one sided battles when iv been able to play,past few time's iv been on- its a grams camp,line-up while the freeps just blow ya up-heals got lil better for creeps but not enough to help. theres bearly any of the old creeps that i knew-mostly newer names. Its kinda sad pvping here - to many high rank freeps not enough high rank creeps, so my opinion its just a farm fest
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000c06fd/signature.png]Ailse[/charsig]

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by danr607 View Post
    Iv been honestly thinking of xfering my defiler to brandy-iv been over few time and seems action is crazy there, Imladris seem to have one sided battles when iv been able to play,past few time's iv been on- its a grams camp,line-up while the freeps just blow ya up-heals got lil better for creeps but not enough to help. theres bearly any of the old creeps that i knew-mostly newer names. Its kinda sad pvping here - to many high rank freeps not enough high rank creeps, so my opinion its just a farm fest
    That's the whole point in your fisrt few words - everyone is transfering to other servers like BW. No more good creep leaders around who's brave enough to lead raids, there are some left but they prefer to run small groups. I don't complain about that, if I were good enough I'd try to lead myself, but when I play my reaver I'm not able to give commands. Still, this whole "i'ma transfer, imladris pvp is bad' is the main reason pvp here is bad. And also stupid farm from freeps, I dunno what satisfaction they get from killing lone creeps over and over with teh whole raid. Getting renown just for the sake of getting renown? Stupid, just plain stupid. I don't see any fun in that.
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

  10. #10
    And these childish things like "they killed me! now I'm gonna call every freep there is and they will pay!" are annoying. Instead of trying to get an even fight.
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurr View Post
    That's the whole point in your fisrt few words - everyone is transfering to other servers like BW. No more good creep leaders around who's brave enough to lead raids, there are some left but they prefer to run small groups. I don't complain about that, if I were good enough I'd try to lead myself, but when I play my reaver I'm not able to give commands. Still, this whole "i'ma transfer, imladris pvp is bad' is the main reason pvp here is bad. And also stupid farm from freeps, I dunno what satisfaction they get from killing lone creeps over and over with teh whole raid. Getting renown just for the sake of getting renown? Stupid, just plain stupid. I don't see any fun in that.

    Not to start total drama, but you can thank the freep raid leaders for that mess. People don't like being zerged into rage logging very much, so most have left. I played both freep and creep on Imladris so I know what it's like to be zerged, and do the zerging. Lets just say both get old very fast. Certain ranked freeps who have earned 99% of their rank from farming Grams or farming greenies get put on a pedestal for some strange reason, so the zerg grows. Best thing that could happen for Imladris in my opinion is all the freep zerg "lets camp grams for 8 hours" leaders quit, or everyone transfers off to a higher pop server. Imladris is just plain dead.

    As far as the Grams camping goes...guys, just afk or log for a while if freeps start to camp. I used to say "map out" but that obviously doesn't work because the freeps will stay grouped all day long. Or at least have a bunch of gold taggers following on popular, high ranked freeps. So afk'ing or logging does a darn good job in breaking up the camp. The freeps will get bored and probably flip the entire map out of anger and the need to feel like they accomplished something with their massive zerg ball. Let them, gives you guys something to do when they all leave. After a while they will realize there's no action if you camp. *insert light bulb here*

    Or, you could continue to let them keep camping Grams, waiting for a knight in shining armor to come and lead raids for creep side and show you just how "good" that freep zerg ball truely is. I'll tell you how it is....pathetic. If you camp Grams long enough, actual challenging fights are near impossible, and that has been shown several times already. I'm talking about when a select classes freep raid gets rolled by ungrouped gold taggers...lol And by 'select classes" i mean sit at GV steps for 20+ minutes while everyone flips to their most OP toons in attempt to roll the ungrouped creeps.

    In conclusion, just log when those all powerful high ranked freeps start camping. It will relieve a lot of stress and *gasp* freeps wont rank up more off of easy kills.







    Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. /bow /bow

    "Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .



  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by danr607 View Post
    Iv been honestly thinking of xfering my defiler to brandy-iv been over few time and seems action is crazy there, Imladris seem to have one sided battles when iv been able to play,past few time's iv been on- its a grams camp,line-up while the freeps just blow ya up-heals got lil better for creeps but not enough to help. theres bearly any of the old creeps that i knew-mostly newer names. Its kinda sad pvping here - to many high rank freeps not enough high rank creeps, so my opinion its just a farm fest

    Actually this is the same on most servers right now. More freeps most of the time then creeps. Brandy sees it a lot too, although not always. Some times of day it's pretty even or creeps outnumber freeps.


    Retired
    Ona -> Confetti - r8 Burglar // Funfetti - r7 Mini (Execution - Gladden)
    Demodex - r8 Warg // Bonana Split - r11 WL(Brandywine)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by danr607 View Post
    Iv been honestly thinking of xfering my defiler to brandy-iv been over few time and seems action is crazy there, Imladris seem to have one sided battles when iv been able to play,past few time's iv been on- its a grams camp,line-up while the freeps just blow ya up-heals got lil better for creeps but not enough to help. theres bearly any of the old creeps that i knew-mostly newer names. Its kinda sad pvping here - to many high rank freeps not enough high rank creeps, so my opinion its just a farm fest
    The reason why Imladris pvp is probably bad has nothing to do with population nor with rank. On every small server i went to check out the pvp and i noticed the biggest problem is the mentality and not the numbers. Instead of taking your problems to another server ( like hundreds of transfers on BW already did) try to fix the pvp on your own server, lead groups, get some old school action going and find tactics to break camps. Brandywine simply can't take more people at this point because of the lagfest. Yet if you're one of those people that will lead raids and break camps i'm pretty sure creepside would welcome you but if you're just another creep that waits till a raidleader logs in then i doubt you'll have fun on Brandywine at this point.
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  14. #14
    QQ thread

    Tell people to transfer

    Tell people to log off

    qq qq qq

    Why'd the thread starter change name and do you even play on this server anymore?

    Creeps are so OP now with high morale, massive heals and dps using new damage types that bypass all mitigations there should be no need to hide, both sides need comms to purchase new audacity levels. Crying like a baby and trying to tell other players to not play is an example of defeatism, plain and simple.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000054296/signature.png]Maddawgg[/charsig]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    The reason why Imladris pvp is probably bad has nothing to do with population nor with rank. On every small server i went to check out the pvp and i noticed the biggest problem is the mentality and not the numbers. Instead of taking your problems to another server ( like hundreds of transfers on BW already did) try to fix the pvp on your own server, lead groups, get some old school action going and find tactics to break camps. Brandywine simply can't take more people at this point because of the lagfest. Yet if you're one of those people that will lead raids and break camps i'm pretty sure creepside would welcome you but if you're just another creep that waits till a raidleader logs in then i doubt you'll have fun on Brandywine at this point.
    See, when I played on imladris creepside Tarp, Is no one wanted to group when I tried start groups or raids to break a camp or pvp. No one wanted to join. so I pretty much shot the bird to imladris pvp and moved to brandy.

    As for brandy, it would be boring to wait for a raid leader to log so it's better to get a small group and run around the map. Especially the outposts as they are guaranteed to draw forth a specific group who attempts to control the outposts. Better option that just sitting at grams and get camped.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Isylum View Post
    See, when I played on imladris creepside Tarp, Is no one wanted to group when I tried start groups or raids to break a camp or pvp. No one wanted to join. so I pretty much shot the bird to imladris pvp and moved to brandy.

    As for brandy, it would be boring to wait for a raid leader to log so it's better to get a small group and run around the map. Especially the outposts as they are guaranteed to draw forth a specific group who attempts to control the outposts. Better option that just sitting at grams and get camped.
    that's right, creeps only have themselves to blame for the grams camps. God forbid they grouped up and make a team effort to push the freeps.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMaddawggxX View Post
    QQ thread
    Creeps are so OP now with high morale, massive heals and dps using new damage types that bypass all mitigations there should be no need to hide, both sides need comms to purchase new audacity levels. Crying like a baby and trying to tell other players to not play is an example of defeatism, plain and simple.
    You say it as though freeps didn't get buffed up. Some improvements are equal to creeps' ones, others made OP classes even more OP.
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Isylum View Post
    See, when I played on imladris creepside Tarp, Is no one wanted to group when I tried start groups or raids to break a camp or pvp. No one wanted to join. so I pretty much shot the bird to imladris pvp and moved to brandy.

    As for brandy, it would be boring to wait for a raid leader to log so it's better to get a small group and run around the map. Especially the outposts as they are guaranteed to draw forth a specific group who attempts to control the outposts. Better option that just sitting at grams and get camped.
    Wich is exactly what i mean with mentality. The majority of creeps complain about the camps yet they refuse to lead or join another raid leader. i'll gladly admit that making a raid as a new transfer isn't easy but some people that used to be on imladris and other servers play freep/creepside on brandywine now and they became well known leaders after a while, it just takes effort. As for small grouping i enjoy GvG a lot more than raiding but let's be honest, when was the last time your group or the group you fought didn't turn into a raid so you or they could easily beat the other side?
    Last edited by tarpelion; Dec 25 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMaddawggxX View Post
    QQ thread



    Creeps are so OP now with high morale, massive heals and dps using new damage types that bypass all mitigations there should be no need to hide, both sides need comms to purchase new audacity levels.



    "Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .



  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post



    Trololol. <3


    Retired
    Ona -> Confetti - r8 Burglar // Funfetti - r7 Mini (Execution - Gladden)
    Demodex - r8 Warg // Bonana Split - r11 WL(Brandywine)

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    Wich is exactly what i mean with mentality. The majority of creeps complain about the camps yet they refuse to lead or join another raid leader. i'll gladly admit that making a raid as a new transfer isn't easy but some people that used to be on imladris and other servers play freep/creepside on brandywine now and they became well known leaders after a while, it just takes effort. As for small grouping i enjoy GvG a lot more than raiding but let's be honest, when was the last time your group or the group you fought didn't turn into a raid so you or they could easily beat the other side?
    Last time huh? Pre-RoI @ lvl 65 post update 2. I can name a few peeps there. Hellsweb,Lugabadush, I believe my BA or spider(not sure), Buhuu, not sure the other few as it was like a century ago. Against a similar number of freeps(most were Valacirca members back when they were active) camping OC when it used to be at Poor TA map in spot

    fights were great. freeps gained a few more outnumbering the creeps, we gained a few to balance it, so forth.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post


    I <3 the Batman meme

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Isylum View Post
    Last time huh? Pre-RoI @ lvl 65 post update 2. I can name a few peeps there. Hellsweb,Lugabadush, I believe my BA or spider(not sure), Buhuu, not sure the other few as it was like a century ago. Against a similar number of freeps(most were Valacirca members back when they were active) camping OC when it used to be at Poor TA map in spot

    fights were great. freeps gained a few more outnumbering the creeps, we gained a few to balance it, so forth.

    so a very long time ago :P
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Isylum View Post
    Last time huh? Pre-RoI @ lvl 65 post update 2. I can name a few peeps there. Hellsweb,Lugabadush, I believe my BA or spider(not sure), Buhuu, not sure the other few as it was like a century ago. Against a similar number of freeps(most were Valacirca members back when they were active) camping OC when it used to be at Poor TA map in spot

    fights were great. freeps gained a few more outnumbering the creeps, we gained a few to balance it, so forth.
    God I miss those fights... the nostalgia..
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Meldos shed
    Posts
    260
    Sry took a long Leave of Absence. Will be back in a few days so you can stop QQ

    Also this thread is so much fun. My vote for best thread of the year! Woop Woop
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload