We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Solo (HD)

Solo (HD)

Hey there guys. I'm a returning player who never really did get too far into this game, but w/ the new HD expansion I am looking to change that. I have some questions about the Captain class, particularly regarding solo play at end game. As a FFXI veteran, my favorite part of that game was to try to tackle tough solo content and come out alive. So when I ask how well Cappy solos, I'm more interested in that type of solo play and not how quickly I can just burn through quest mobs. When I left, Warden was the king of this. With HD, has Cappy caught up at all? Also, which tree lends itself to doing this style of play better, blue or yellow? I can see how both would be viable.

Also, while I'm at it, how well does Cappy do in solo pvp? When I left the game, it was the worst class for this according to my research. How does it fair now?

Thanks for any insight that anyone is willing to share concerning all this. Also, just a side-question. Can anyone attest to how good of an endgame population Landroval has? I'm looking to find a server with a mature community (hence the RP choice), but I don't want to miss out on all the endgame activities a heavily populated server is able to provide. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyderis View Post
    Hey there guys. I'm a returning player who never really did get too far into this game, but w/ the new HD expansion I am looking to change that. I have some questions about the Captain class, particularly regarding solo play at end game. As a FFXI veteran, my favorite part of that game was to try to tackle tough solo content and come out alive. So when I ask how well Cappy solos, I'm more interested in that type of solo play and not how quickly I can just burn through quest mobs. When I left, Warden was the king of this. With HD, has Cappy caught up at all? Also, which tree lends itself to doing this style of play better, blue or yellow? I can see how both would be viable.

Also, while I'm at it, how well does Cappy do in solo pvp? When I left the game, it was the worst class for this according to my research. How does it fair now?

Thanks for any insight that anyone is willing to share concerning all this. Also, just a side-question. Can anyone attest to how good of an endgame population Landroval has? I'm looking to find a server with a mature community (hence the RP choice), but I don't want to miss out on all the endgame activities a heavily populated server is able to provide. Thanks again!
    the two key abilities in the leader of men trait line that make captains amazing soloers for tough content come at 30 and 35 talent points in. this means that, assuming no meta deeds finished, all 3 vendor-bought book quests done and the level 50 class quest done, level 57 at the earliest for 30 points, and level 61 at the earliest for 65 with one metadeed and max rep with iron guard garrison. before then, hand of healing tends to be more efficient in general and have an easier time trying to solo fellowship content.

this has been my experience levelling up a new captain post expansion. currently 62.

Bad time to ask, class balancing is completely off at the moment as all classes are overpowered (to reduce the shock of the HD revamp). Also there isn't really any tough solo content in this game for a long time, the only challenges come from attempting group content solo. Cappy has always been a pretty sturdy class, but was lacking damage and on-demand self-heals. Both of these weakpoints have been mitigated with HD (at least for now), so cappy should be a pretty capable solo class at end-game (haven't leveled mine back up to cap yet, so can't confirm first-hand).

Thanks for the replies! Could I get some insight on solo pvmp? How do we fair by our lonesome in the Moors?