We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lore-Master staff animation bug?

I just got back on my LM that I started before the Helm's Deep update, and found out that for many of the skills, my staff wouldn't appear in the animation. Rather, my character would still be wearing it as the animation is performed, and he'd be holding an invisible staff. I know some skills like Burning Embers are supposed to be performed without the staff in hand, but this happens for skills such as Staff-strike and Lightning-strike as well. I played around with it, and figured out that it depends on the skill rotation. If I were to initiate the attack at a distance, the staff would stay on the character's back for the entire duration of the fight, no matter what skills I use. However, if I were attacked first, or use skills such as Fire-lore or Frost-lore, my character would wield the staff for the entire fight (even during skills like Burning Embers and Gust of Wind that are not supposed to be performed with a staff.....before the update, the staff would be put back during these skills, and taken out again for skills that require it in their animations in the same fight). I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just a change to the animations, but it looks pretty buggy to me...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This seems to be a pretty widespread issue that, from what I can tell is due to the new sheathe/unsheathe animations. I first noticed it on my captain and it seems to breakdown to initiating combat with a skill that doesn't use the weapon will "break" the new animation and you'll be left fighting with an invisible weapon while your real weapon is on your back.

Interesting that getting the weapon out properly will cause animations that don't use the weapon to have it in hand, hadn't encountered that part of it yet.

This consistently happens if I am mining a node when I get attacked (On any class of character when I have my mining tool in my hand), when I turn and start fighting, I am weaponless throughout the fight.

Unhappy

Today I noticed the bug (if it's not a bug, it do looks like one) and got quite... 'dissapointed', as the animation could be considered as important as the skill itself (at least from an aesthetical point of view).
    I'm not sure if this has to do with the update (most probably yes), but before it wasn't happening (being 'before' the last days of November when HD was just released)

Strange thing is that immediately after realising about this, I asked another LM if he was having the same problem, and he said no. Could this thing be affecting not all the LM of the game???

As it was said above, the 'bug' seems to appear for 'lightning strike', 'lightning storm', and 'nature's fury'. In my case, didn't notice it for other staff-based skills like Signs of Power, Cat-mint or Wind-lore (for the Blue and Red trees).

Anyway, I hope they solve this soon...

***Edit: ALL the animations related to the use of the staff and the sword are glitched! This is worse than I thought! I can only say LOL, as this can not be left this way and need to be fixed ASAP!!!
    Last edited by Grampositive; Dec 22 2013 at 08:48 PM.

This bug is not tied to any specific class or weapon. I have had it happen on all of my characters - as also mentioned by others.

Some of the weapons also duplicate themselves ie. lvl 20 teal javelin (the one that drops from loot boxes) appears on the back and in hand, regardless of the combat state, just after equipping it.

Disappointing animation

I have a good friend the plays LM as his main, and just came back to the game after a break of a few months... the first thing he said was "What's up with the combat animation?"

He dislikes it enough to quit playing LM, and possibly LOTRO again. Does anyone know if Turbine is working on a fix, or if they are even aware of the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by araquin View Post
    I have a good friend the plays LM as his main, and just came back to the game after a break of a few months... the first thing he said was "What's up with the combat animation?"

He dislikes it enough to quit playing LM, and possibly LOTRO again. Does anyone know if Turbine is working on a fix, or if they are even aware of the issue?
    They haven't said anything concrete yet, but I would guess such things are usually put to be fixed in the next game patch.
    Last edited by Rafalek; Jan 05 2014 at 03:29 AM.

Haha i came to forum just to see does anyone else have this issue, and it seems they do I don't know, i find it somehow immersion breaking, almost most of my attacks my LM is doing with empty hands, while stuff is resting on its back. I am VIP but wont play until Turbine sort this out. It's not that big of a issue maybe to someone else, but it is to me, because i play LOTRO mainly for immersion and awesome atmosphere. (Yes, i know this is my 1st post, but thats only because old acc is lost in CM/Turbine merge).

Going to check SWTOR until this is solved, sigh

Quote Originally Posted by SimsVTC View Post
    Haha i came to forum just to see does anyone else have this issue, and it seems they do I don't know, i find it somehow immersion breaking, almost most of my attacks my LM is doing with empty hands, while stuff is resting on its back. I am VIP but wont play until Turbine sort this out. It's not that big of a issue maybe to someone else, but it is to me, because i play LOTRO mainly for immersion and awesome atmosphere. (Yes, i know this is my 1st post, but thats only because old acc is lost in CM/Turbine merge).

Going to check SWTOR until this is solved, sigh
    It isn't probably anything complex to fix. Most likely they have simply scheduled it with bigger batch of the updates. I agree though, it looks bad.

I myself play my small burg for the time being, animations seem fine on it

How often are patches coming out for LOTRO?

Quote Originally Posted by SimsVTC View Post
    How often are patches coming out for LOTRO?
    The next patch is at end of January it looks like. I hope that animation glitch fixes are included in it.

It is Jan. 14, 2014 and the loremaster is still fighting with her fist. No weapons.

Did anyone have a chance to see if this issue has been fixed in the newest build on Bullroarer? It is not mentioned in the patch notes, but maybe they treat it as minor issue and it did not get to the notes.