We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    What Happened to all the TP I spent on unlocking Class and Legendary traits prior to Helm's Deep?

    Hello,

    As a premium LOTRO player, I'm really a tightwad regarding TP... lol

    Therefore, I just wanted to find out what happened to the TP I spent on unlocking all the Class and Legendary trait slots before the Trait Tree rework happened after the Helm's Deep expansion release.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,320
    If you make a free account, you'll notice that your trait trees will have locked bonuses on the left side - those I think were unlocked instead. Lost some gained some - I suspect. Not certain, just slapped free vip on my alt acc and can't check =)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    If you make a free account, you'll notice that your trait trees will have locked bonuses on the left side - those I think were unlocked instead. Lost some gained some - I suspect. Not certain, just slapped free vip on my alt acc and can't check =)
    No loss or gain. The seven trait tree bonuses that can be unlocked correspond to the five class trait slots and two legendary trait slots that needed to be unlocked before.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    No loss or gain. The seven trait tree bonuses that can be unlocked correspond to the five class trait slots and two legendary trait slots that needed to be unlocked before.
    Thanks for the reply...

    In the old trait system, there were 5 class trait slots and 3 Legendary trait slots to purchase for a total of 8 slots. I had purchased (with TP) all the class slots and 2/3 Legendary slots. Therefore, since I purchased 7 slots, I would have expected all 7 of the "Left sidebar" skills to be unlocked. However, on the new trait tree, the last 2 trait slots on the far left sidebar are locked (and require TP to unlock). Am I missing something?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    If you make a free account, you'll notice that your trait trees will have locked bonuses on the left side - those I think were unlocked instead. Lost some gained some - I suspect. Not certain, just slapped free vip on my alt acc and can't check =)
    Thanks for the reply...

    Good idea, I'll create a free account and look at what is locked on the trait skill tree there and compare it to the trait tree on my main account.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
    Thanks for the reply...

    In the old trait system, there were 5 class trait slots and 3 Legendary trait slots to purchase for a total of 8 slots. I had purchased (with TP) all the class slots and 2/3 Legendary slots. Therefore, since I purchased 7 slots, I would have expected all 7 of the "Left sidebar" skills to be unlocked. However, on the new trait tree, the last 2 trait slots on the far left sidebar are locked (and require TP to unlock). Am I missing something?
    I think you are misremembering slightly. There used to be a total of 7 class trait slots, 2 of which were open for everybody and 5 which needed to be unlocked. There were 3 legendary trait slots, 1 one of which were open for all, and 2 that needed to be unlocked. In total 7 slots that needed to be unlocked.

    If, as you say, you had all 7 class trait slots open, and 2 of the 3 legendary trait slots open, then you would have unlocked a total of 6 slots. (5 class, 1 legendary.)
    If that was the case I would expect that character to now have 6 of the 7 trait bonus slots unlocked, with only one being locked. If that is not how it is I suspect that either you have remembered wrong how many slots you had unlocked, or I have misunderstood how things work. In either case I am afraid I cannot be of much more help.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    I think you are misremembering slightly. There used to be a total of 7 class trait slots, 2 of which were open for everybody and 5 which needed to be unlocked. There were 3 legendary trait slots, 1 one of which were open for all, and 2 that needed to be unlocked. In total 7 slots that needed to be unlocked.

    If, as you say, you had all 7 class trait slots open, and 2 of the 3 legendary trait slots open, then you would have unlocked a total of 6 slots. (5 class, 1 legendary.)
    If that was the case I would expect that character to now have 6 of the 7 trait bonus slots unlocked, with only one being locked. If that is not how it is I suspect that either you have remembered wrong how many slots you had unlocked, or I have misunderstood how things work. In either case I am afraid I cannot be of much more help.

    Thanks again ertr for your quick reply...

    After double-checking some things, I think you are correct. I was "misremembering"... lol. I got race trait slots and class trait slots mixed up. So I assume that a new F2P account will have 0/7 of the "Left sidebar" trait slots unlocked? (I'll verify that later...) If so, then the math adds up. Because if I remember correctly this time, I think I had 6/7 class trait slots and 2/3 legendary trait slots unlocked for my main char.

    So given the fact that the first legendary trait slot and first 2 class trait slots are free, that means I purchased (with TP) 4 class trait slots and 1 Legendary trait slot for a total of 5 slots. 5/7 "Left sidebar" bonus class traits are unlocked for my main char. So I think I'm good.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload