We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    I want some Moria crystals. I want a Moria crystal chandelier in my house in Thorin's Homesteads. I want to put Moria crystals in my yard with my trained cave claw. Just about every region has some kind of house cosmetic as a souvenir that we passed through, except Moria.

As a relatively new player (VIP), I've enjoyed the game very much, but I have to say that the housing has been a disappointment, not only because of the inflexibility and limitations, but because my Gondorian champion, my Elven minstrel and my Bree-lander captain all have to share my first toon's hobbit-hole, even though their personalities are very different. (My Elven hunter doesn't care-she's not into houses at all.) I've heard that there are high-population servers where housing availability is a real issue, but on my server (Imladris), I've checked out all of the Michel Delving neighborhoods and they're ghost-towns. There is one kin house and two other houses sold in my neighborhood besides my own, and many of the others are equally deserted. It would seem that an opportunity exists to monetize by giving people the option to buy homes for their secondary toons. Offering a second house to VIPs would also be an attractive option. But if this is implemented along the scale of the 100 MP for 15 storage slots debacle, I doubt there will be many takers. I was fortunate to buy my home right before that went into effect. And the fact that I bought my storage with in-game money only makes the blatant money-grab all the more obvious.

If you don't want to allow secondary toons to have houses, then consider the many excellent ideas offered here for allowing kinship houses to expand. It seems they would be an excellent place for all the secondary toons to bunk down. My kin is a small one and doesn't have a house yet, but we're already keenly aware of the limitations. The kinhouse seems useable as a display space and little else.

Quote Originally Posted by cablechewer View Post
    -PETS! We can have a bird chirping in a cage, but what about a cat to protect my food stores? A small chicken coop for outside? A dog to bark at the neighbours? If I am a Lore Master maybe my bear could roam the front garden.
    A couple of people have mentioned chicken coops - there are actually chicken coops already available in-game. They are obtained through the Farmer's Faire barterer, or on the AH. They have fully animated chickens and are one of my fave housing items.

Dogs are also available via the LotRO store. The item is Hound Property Guard, and 'using' the item creates a duplicate dog that will follow you around as long as you are in a housing instance - both indoors and out - and yes, it does persist when porting between neighbourhoods. You can also rename the duplicate pet, and once it's renamed, every time you 'use' the housing item, the dog generated will have that name until you change it.

This functionality also exists, by the way, with all the other property guards. In fact, the humanoid property guards carry weapons during the day, and torches during the night. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    "Housing is still high on our list of objectives for the year, and we look forward to hearing your suggestions! We’ll be talking more about this throughout the year."
    Some new locations and larger towns would be nice. Would sell my house in a heart beat for one in rohan or easier access and return access without using up port.

Indoor crafting is limited do to size fit

Rare items to decorate with involving big kills or completion of areas

tie house and personal vault together but bonus size as result (paying for it monthly)

multi interior choices when purchasing
    IHS
    Quickbow

Mostly I like all the changes that have already been made that are in the game right now I would just like the pricing on everything to go down!

Housing Suggestions.

I don’t know what is possible – I only know what I would like and comment on other suggestions.

Placing of items.

Ideally chuck the hooks and let us place whatever we want anywhere including putting items on tables or chests/bookcases. Failing that more hooks which can take anything and pieces of furniture which have hooks. Also can we have something done about trophies and items bound to a character? This drives me crazy when redecorating. I have to role all my characters to find out which one put it there and can move it. Some of the most precious of items are gifts which once placed cannot be moved and only go back to the giver who has left the game. Can we please change this and have some kind of way of giving that doesn’t undermine the market.

Colours and wallpapers and music were always a great option. Be nice to have some more.
    My Hobbit wants a kitchen and a larder please, in her house. Maybe introduce an ability to extend say downwards or sideways or attics? What about a closet which will take all our excess furniture?

Be nice to customise the external look of housing too. i.e add window boxes different stucco external walls to make a house look different and match homes across the game world: water trough for horses; Cart wheels; a bench, grinding stone for sharpening weapons: A stable – a place where we can show off our steeds. Sometimes steeds need a rest. Generally lots of things.

I have seen lots of posts referring to crafting in housing districts. I am not sure about this as it might make the game feel more, empty. Many new players think low level hubs like Bree are empty. This does not create a good impression and I often have to field the question, “is Lotro going to continue?” Perhaps bring the housing into Town and then introduce crafting along side it including crafting guild representatives. The game has three starting hubs; Celedian, Thorin’s Hall and Bree. Would it not be amazing to make more of Celadian as an Elvish Port? That also has an auction house, crafting etc and swell as an entrance to player homes?

Kin halls and districts. When housing first came out – our kin bought a kin hall and kin members bought houses in the same district. This sense of community has gone as new players replace old players. I don’t think our kin hall gets visited hardly at all these days. Sad really. I know this starts up a whole new subject about how to integrate achievements of kin in the game that could be reflected in their halls. Maybe a kin billboard- saying new members or members who have left, or so and so achieved this. Or a kin run etc. Maybe some incentives for a kin.

I know this post is late in the day and I am sure developers have read many great and comprehensive ideas on the forums for years now. I would like to know a little about ideas and options that are being looked at so players could help to refine and include our ideas. Then I would feel I had more knowledge to be able to contribute ideas in a more focussed and constructive way.

As for a start i almost completely agree witht he following propositions. I think everything vcould be sum up in more dynamic/customizable houses. more spaces, more differences. the idea of attaching a stable were to put all the horses we got while playing in the past six years would be very nice. and having the houses directly in the cities instead than in the middle of nowhere would be great. also have a personal house, a bigger account house and a huge kin house would also be great. if you can expand them then would be even Greater. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Gedrevn View Post
    The whole point of housing is customization, so actually being able to put things in the house as opposed to having a very limited hook system would be great.

If you want to take an example of a well implemented housing system, look at original Everquest:
    • Free form housing design with prefab houses and/or open construction options
    • Nearly unlimited item placement with full control over location, rotation, and size
    • Ability to convert in-game items into housing objects to create your own trophies
    • LARGE and expandable workspaces
    • Combination of decorations, utility, and fun items that can be used to enhance your housing space
    • X, Y, and Z axis control over decorations both indoor and outdoor

And the argument that something like that is too hard seems pretty ridiculous since EQ and it's engine are far older than LOTRO and it was obviously able to be implemented.

Or if you want really lofty, awesome goals:
    • [...]
    • Multiple theme options within different areas (I.E. different styles of housing - Shire 1 Michael Delving; Shire 2 Woodhall; Elf 1 Grey Havens; Elf 2 Mirkwood; etc.)
    • Multiple land plots per character/account
    • Additional tiers of housing (Guild Castles [probably not lore appropriate], or better than just small/large houses)

Quote Originally Posted by Belegwe View Post
    I would like to see:
    *Expandable houses where more rooms can be added (outdoor depiction of many houses indicate that there is much more space on the inside, but some small amount of outdoor expandability -- wing/dormer/upstairs would be cool too).
    *More freedom/spots for decorating.
    *3 levels of house (personal/account/kinship) instead of 2, with the ability to have more than one personal house per account even (especially?) if the personal and account ones shared the exact same vault space. "Personal" (as opposed to Account-wide) houses could even be located in the various cities, 1, 2, 3, or 4, etc. specific houses for example in Bree, Little Delving, Barnavon, Aldburg, Lorien etc with address/front door shared by everyone who has that house and thus only have interior decorating hooks. (I did, after all, just inherent a particular house in a certain city from a certain quest that shall not be named here -- would be cool to be able to move a character in and redecorate)
    *More choices of house exterior design per neighborhood including some ability to have non-area-specific houses (see below)
    *More decoration slots inside (especially) and outside (within reason)
    *Perhaps a grid based system for decorations where each decoration has a size factor (i.e. 2 x 3 x 4 squares) and overlap can only be one square wide/long (that way it could look like we were neat homeowners with our chairs tucked at least somewhat under the table/compatible items "connected"/items placed on tables etc.) Placement could involve a starting point and +/- buttons for x, y, and z axes as necessary.
    *New, additional housing areas in different locations, including "neutral" and "semi-neutral" housing areas where houses from different races and areas would be permitted (Even Bree-land had Hobbit holes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    What I'd like is that the existing housing areas stop being isolated enclaves away from civilization. Bree and Duillond housing is the worst offenders here. Ie the Shire housing should feel like a real town, either a part of Michel Delving or at least a town on a major road; and Bree housing should be in the Bree area, perhaps near Staddle or such.

One idea I've had in the past is that the housing actually be in the existing world. Doors exist everywhere that go nowhere. Turn those doors into instanced housing. The door on a farm house in Bywater becomes a door to an actual house. Mutliple players can share that door and go to their own house instance. The same with all those unused doors in Bree, Thorin's hall, Celondim, Rivendell, etc. You get a choice of all the styles you like this way. This means the housing is integrated into the world itself instead of replicating 1960s gated communities.

Talking Does anyone remember Star Wars Galaxies housing?

Having neighborhoods and buying houses like the current system is good. There is no need for dynamic placement of homes in the world like SWG allowed. It made the worlds trashy.

HOWEVER, the house decoration engine for SWG was phenomenal. You were not limited to hooks or certain spaces. You have every pixel of your 3d house to drop items on the floor and the rotate on 3 axis' and move on 3 axis'.... OMG it fostered such creativity that has yet to be rivaled to date (according to the games I have played)

Let all loot... No matter what it was be drop-able and move-able. We had created a room sized fish tank. We made rooms look like true trophy rooms and places to meet. we actually were able to sit on furniture too. This can open up more furniture crafting, further enabling in game economy.

Please see if you can allow for a total dynamic housing method. Add another component that would keep and perhaps add new players. Read the SWG forums that are still out there... people rave how awesome it was.

BUMP! I agree with these ideas, 110%

These ideas that these folk have are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyllie View Post
    Housing Suggestions.

I don’t know what is possible – I only know what I would like and comment on other suggestions.

Placing of items.

Ideally chuck the hooks and let us place whatever we want anywhere including putting items on tables or chests/bookcases. Failing that more hooks which can take anything and pieces of furniture which have hooks. Also can we have something done about trophies and items bound to a character? This drives me crazy when redecorating. I have to role all my characters to find out which one put it there and can move it. Some of the most precious of items are gifts which once placed cannot be moved and only go back to the giver who has left the game. Can we please change this and have some kind of way of giving that doesn’t undermine the market.

Colours and wallpapers and music were always a great option. Be nice to have some more.
    My Hobbit wants a kitchen and a larder please, in her house. Maybe introduce an ability to extend say downwards or sideways or attics? What about a closet which will take all our excess furniture?

Be nice to customise the external look of housing too. i.e add window boxes different stucco external walls to make a house look different and match homes across the game world: water trough for horses; Cart wheels; a bench, grinding stone for sharpening weapons: A stable – a place where we can show off our steeds. Sometimes steeds need a rest. Generally lots of things.

I have seen lots of posts referring to crafting in housing districts. I am not sure about this as it might make the game feel more, empty. Many new players think low level hubs like Bree are empty. This does not create a good impression and I often have to field the question, “is Lotro going to continue?” Perhaps bring the housing into Town and then introduce crafting along side it including crafting guild representatives. The game has three starting hubs; Celedian, Thorin’s Hall and Bree. Would it not be amazing to make more of Celadian as an Elvish Port? That also has an auction house, crafting etc and swell as an entrance to player homes?

Kin halls and districts. When housing first came out – our kin bought a kin hall and kin members bought houses in the same district. This sense of community has gone as new players replace old players. I don’t think our kin hall gets visited hardly at all these days. Sad really. I know this starts up a whole new subject about how to integrate achievements of kin in the game that could be reflected in their halls. Maybe a kin billboard- saying new members or members who have left, or so and so achieved this. Or a kin run etc. Maybe some incentives for a kin.

I know this post is late in the day and I am sure developers have read many great and comprehensive ideas on the forums for years now. I would like to know a little about ideas and options that are being looked at so players could help to refine and include our ideas. Then I would feel I had more knowledge to be able to contribute ideas in a more focussed and constructive way.

My suggestions:
    -If there are crafting facilities, make them take up a hook space. I never craft, and thus do not want some forge I'll never use on my property.
    -I want a puppy!
    -More stuff - especially more special furniture and other categories that don't have much.
    -More hooks - with more stuff come more hooks, right?
    -Allow more than 1 house floor plan, since the same old floor plan gets old...

Do away with hooks. Item placement should be done like in other notable titles. Another worthy thing would be changeable room sizes, as in players can create and design their own living spaces. Delux homes need multiple floors and kinship homes need to be at least 3 times the size they are now. Also, move homesteads closer to the hub regions they are supposed to represent. Bree Homestead as example should NOT be half the way to the lone lands but should instead be within or very near to bree.
    Ordgaric. Level 100 Guardian. Saelrein. Level 100 hunter. Nimraloth. Level 100 Captain. Leofwyne. Level 100 Warden. Others. Feandor. Lv 85 Champion. Doradonna. Level 82 Minstrel. Serabrand. Level 63 Burgler. Glothren. Level 63 Runekeeper. Lythgier. Level 50 beorning. Malvadan. Level 44 Loremaster.

Lightbulb

I will like this. I want my home to feel comfortable, like a home that isn't perfectly organized, not like a museum. Museums looks great but you don't live in them.
    • I want to put the chairs & stools all around &/or over my table & flowers over my dresser.
    • I want to overlap those carpets 1 beside other covering all the room floor.
    • I want to put on all my small rooms 1 chandelier & 2 or 3 on the big main room.
    • I want to choose how much furniture i put on each room & choose the spot & how much space between them.
    • I want to choose how much wall items i put on each wall & be able to put items above, below & on both sides.
    • I want to drow clothes over my bed, hang hats on the candlestand (when not lit of course) & put shoes beside the door, near the door mat.
    • I want a basement to put all those winter savings.
    • I want to roll unused carpets & put them lining in a corner.
    • I want to put food over my table in the order i please, & a cabinet where i stack silverwear & food that i'm saving for winter.
    • I want to hang the meats & garlics on the kitchen ceeling like it was done before refrigerator got invented.
    • I want to stack as much plants i please on my garden, that all the floor is planted.
    • I want those elven statues hidden withing is ok if it looks like a jungle, will be my jungle, full of life & will feel all right.

The houses are too dark, even in rooms with abundant windows & vitrals. Please give the windows a glow effect to simulate sun light or moon light going throught the glasses.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Jan 13 2014 at 12:16 AM.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? : http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps38sxzbsq.png
    Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

A wardrobe that lets you access the wardrobe.

Give people a reason to be in the housing areas...

I'd like to see the housing areas look a bit more like small/medium villages...they sort of already try to do that in layout, but not in function. Keep personal homes, but include alternatives to kin houses. Instead, allow kins to buy and operate things that make more sense for a larger group...pub houses, private clubs, themes retail space (the kin just controls the theme, not the merchandise or vendor, much like the new vendors in Bree) and societies or even public squares/ parks. Access can be controlled to these venues, and even inside of them as well to allow...this would help strengthen the kin experience by allowing kins to display what makes them great and allowing an actual reason to go to the housing areas...I really enjoyed the idea that another user posted about posting instance banners front he ceiling...how great would it be to walk into a kin's manor, or a public square that is sponsored by the kin, and see all the things that they've done laid out. Kins could be provided with a challenge provider that would issue tasks or races or games to earn a unique title, or a mount thats only kins of a certain level can obtain. More choice in how to decorate is cool and all, but there is so much more that can be created without reengineering how the game works.

I'd personally love caretakers for our homes to make them come more alive: gardeners working outside and valets/butlers/stewards (acording to the house type) moving around the interior, maybe even with subbordinates in the biger houses. They could also offer some services, like vault access. Would also be fun to be able to freely chose their outfit, both individual pieces and colour, but it would probably end up a system similar to skirmish soldiers (though that would be fine as well, I guess).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000025fc0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This Housing Sugestion Thread, beautifully done powerful and the depths to which the players went through should be look at and hopefully considered in part or in full (though it'd be a TON of work).

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsongtress View Post
    This Housing Sugestion Thread, beautifully done powerful and the depths to which the players went through should be look at and hopefully considered in part or in full (though it'd be a TON of work).

Yes, it is a beautiful amount of work. That particular thread was started in September 2008. There was some amazing discussions and some amazing ideas contributing to the OP's.

You know what though, in all the years, and in all the 20+ pages of that Thread, there is not one single comment from a Blue Name... Not One.

This beautilful piece of work remains ignored by Turbine.

I wonder if the OP is still around.

J_Rad

I would love to see kin houses in the empty houses in Bree.

Personal houses are fine the way they are.

Not sure if it's been suggested already... while I do enjoy a lot of the music selections available, it would be very cool to be able to upload an ABC file that could be played as your ambient music in the house. Given compression available via gzip libraries, it would be a very small file to store.

So many items that i have suggested over the years. These would be my top ones

Having the ability to place whatever I want where I want.

Remodel and expand my house. IE add rooms, a basement, a second floor, more and more storage.

Unlimited storage for all the housing items that we have gathered from quests, festivals and purchased. It could be housing items only and expand as items were added. End the item only being able to be placed by the character that owns it and let it all be account wide (or kin, allowed user etc) on the housing items.

If you keep the housing located as it is, let there be a stable right outside. You could have the option to travel to xxx housing from any stable in ME and from that housing stable go to any of the 4 starter towns to travel where you want. If it was easier to get to and from, I would go more often.

In the early days of LOTRO during SofA, we could actually sit in chairs. Once we started getting expansions, we now sit somewhat on top of the chair. I remember the first time that I backed up to a chair and sat. The chair adjusted to my position and I actually sat IN the chair. It was amazing. I want to be able to sit in a chair at my table or by my fireplace. I want to use the furniture!

Oh, so very much more. Please refer to the long thread that has been going on for ever. Many great ideas in there.

not my idea but was talked about in vent

trophies for your home, but instead of just ones out of the pve game. but ones out of the pvmp side of the game, collect your favorite creep trophy.

they could be brought from coms or achieved from completing deeds in the pvmp zone. or even better a rare drop of a pvp kill, get the Kb get a chance to collect a trophy

the best thing about this would be that they could be sold on the AH creating a new & exciting reward for pvmping & generating a new income stream for the game.

there are a number of skins or appearances of each kind of trophy, determined by the rank of the creep it drops from, But the trophies them self have to NAMED from the creep you slay. thus the more known creeps become more valuable with time.

just an interesting idea from fellow gamers. i don't know if it's possible or been put forward by others in this post.

cheers
    Giss,Gisstina,Sexybeans,Hiddyb east,Marmites,Zoinkers Gizzmoe

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post

trophies for your home, but instead of just ones out of the pve game. but ones out of the pvmp side of the game, collect your favorite creep trophy.

they could be brought from coms or achieved from completing deeds in the pvmp zone. or even better a rare drop of a pvp kill, get the Kb get a chance to collect a trophy

the best thing about this would be that they could be sold on the AH creating a new & exciting reward for pvmping & generating a new income stream for the game.

there are a number of skins or appearances of each kind of trophy, determined by the rank of the creep it drops from, But the trophies them self have to NAMED from the creep you slay. thus the more known creeps become more valuable with time.

just an interesting idea from fellow gamers. i don't know if it's possible or been put forward by others in this post.

cheers
    Even though I only ever play creep-side I have to say this is an awesome idea that I totally love. Even if it's not named to the actual creep killed (cool), it would still be a great addition to housing.

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post

cheers
    this is a great idea that will give a lot pvp action too!

Red face Mansions and Basements.

RQ: So, just to add my two cents. I fully support expandable basements.
    But, I can see Turbine offering this as 245tp for the first Basement depth, and 495tp for the next basement depth.
    I'd much prefer it to cost Gold.

---

I'd love to see Player Mansions.
    E.G. Individual Player Instanced Housing Grounds not within a neighborhood.
    This way you can get away with having WAY more lawn furnishings and much more interior space without adding Time-Lord technology to LotR lore.
    Obviously the cost and upkeep would be scaled to accommodate.
    You would purchase the Mansion Instance from a Broker NPC near each of the current housing portals.

The "Instance" for the mansion would be tied to the player's account per server. And only read when the player opens the instance.
    They could invite other players to the instance in the same way they invite players to a dungeon instance.

I know this option is a little less "Social" but I don't feel that players that would take this option are in it for the "Social" aspects of a neighborhood, and deserve to have an option that fits their play style.

Also, I feel that mansions should have upgrades that allow the player to place crafting services, vault access and hire a Supplier NPC.
    These would add to the upkeep cost of the mansion and be purchased from the Broker NPC.

Edit: Oh, and it might be possible to have the interior and exterior parts of the mansion within the same instance zone. So you could, you know, have WORKING WINDOWS. Just saying.
    Last edited by Holy_Icon; Jan 20 2014 at 09:43 AM.

1. Everyone wants more hooks OR free placement of items. It might make more sense to have more (and less restrictive) hooks inside the house; being able to put as many trees as one desires in the yard, and to have free placement, would be uber cool. (Note: you have free placement of barricades and catapults in Helm's Deep, so it can't be that hard to put a tree where you'd like it in your yard.)

2. Have functional chairs so the owner can sit at a table, and in fact have multiple chairs so friends or kin can visit and sit. For kin houses it could be cool to have a lot of chairs or benches where people could sit for meetings or musical concerts or whatever.

3. Allow a stable to be purchased and then attached to the outside of the house, and permit one or two horses (of a type currently owned by the player) to reside in the stables. Maybe a one-horse stable for standard houses, two horses for deluxe houses and some higher number at kin houses.

4. Somebody mentioned pets (like a dog or a cat) which could be interesting. Taking that idea further, what about an NPC spouse inside the house or sweeping the front porch (both genders available) and maybe a couple of kids playing in the yard during daylight hours?

5. Put more NPC's in the neighborhoods to make them look more lived in. Perhaps there could be a formula that increases the number of NPC's according to how many houses in the neighborhood are owned and occupied.

6. Finally, this is probably a pipe dream but I’m going to say it anyway. In Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean (my kids played it) you can play cards and gamble as a completely separate pastime to killing things. This could be a marvelous addition to kin houses. Hey, if Disney can do it surely Turbine has the chops, right? Card games are about the easiest things to program (since the 80’s!) All it would take to "enter" a game would be an empty chair at the card table. Choice of one or two games, impossible to cheat, betting limits established by agreement of all participants before a round begins. Kinships are social organizations, and kin houses should have a greater purpose than trophy displays and storage. Plus, between killing orcs, card gambling with friends would be fun.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast