We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Free-form decorating and have the ability to craft our own trophies or furniture based upon other objects in the world would be awesome. I'd especially love to see housing neighborhoods (or kin houses themselves) become a social center for events including the ability to run mini-games or control certain aspects of the instance like time of day, weather, season of the year, etc (could leverage the phasing system for this).

Mini-game wise, I'd love to see a "prop hunt" / hide-and-seek available where you could "hide" and take on the appearance of any object in the neighborhood and others try to find you. Essentially, I'd like the see the freedom and fun of something like Garry's Mod available. Pie in the sky, I know, but I'm aiming big
    [CENTER][COLOR=lime][I][B]Gumble NorthTook[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Hobbit Burglar, and Leader of the [COLOR=cyan][URL="http://www.mithrilcrowns.net"]Mithril Crowns[/URL][/COLOR] kinship
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=palegreen][I]Altair son of Aramir[/I] [COLOR=sienna]|[/COLOR] [I]Gunther of Gondor[/I][COLOR=sienna] | [/COLOR][I]Aglaredhel of Lindon[/I][COLOR=sienna] | [/COLOR][I]Shamax Argalfson[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=red]Elendilmir Server[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    The use of something like the Hytbold system could possibly work showing different things depending on your preferred instance/neighbourhood.
    Or there could be a generic version visible of the house and it changes once you enter the yard according to settings and possibly switching layers to visit the same house in a different instanced version via a ui option similar to layered instances.

Also with a layer type UI players could choose who can see their house so if a player wants no one to see his house it won't show up in the layer menu.
    Still sounds overly complicated to achieve something that already exists in a superior form. As it currently stands, I can give my address to anyone or post it anywhere, and they can come see my house whether I am there or not. Rather than seeing a generic neighbourhood, every neighbourhood is different and unique. I can walk around any neighbourhood and at a glance see what others are doing with their yards. There is a "lived in" sense that comes with that, a sense that there are other people around expressing their unique vision for how they want their yard decorated. If anything, that's TOO limited at the moment. I would like there to be a lot more customizability to our housing lots.

People who don't want people to know where they live can hide housing information in the Social Options panel, and anyone entering their yard will just see the address iwthout the owner's name, so privacy shouldn't be an issue with the current system.

If I could have just ONE change, it would be to throw out the hook system and go free form. Really, no one places furniture in a real home like we are forced to in LOTRO. It would be lovely to actually put my chairs at the table rather than have this wonderful meal with place settings, but we have to eat standing up! So many things are, in my humble opinion, mis-categorized as far as size!

The second thing I would like to see is to be able to change the color of furnishings. Only RED elf furniture? Ugh! Love the designs but hate the color!

Other than those 2 items, I agree that it would be nice to have a crafting facility in the neighborhood. Even tho supplies are cheaper to purchase inside my neighborhood, I never buy them there because I just don't have the inventory space to carry them. Also, I am not certain how much of something I will need until I actually begin crafting.

It would be *nice* to have some easier ingress/egress thru the stable system to a place that actually has a stable to get somewhere. Unless you are a hunter/warden, it's a long ride to almost anywhere!

I would enjoy being able to change my exterior as well as have more variety with interior surfaces. Please let me put a chandelier in which ever room I choose. In the elf deluxe house, you can't even see it in the upstairs room! Why bother?

Outside the hooks don't exactly make sense either. Why give us all these Rohan banners from the warbands when there is really no place to display them all? I think it would be sweet if a kin house, at least, could fly ALL of those banners in front.

Yes, some other (nameless) MMOs have some very NICE homes with inexpensive decor options. Perhaps our housing devs could take a look at some of those if they are unfamiliar with them? I noticed many names were dropped earlier in this thread for starters.

I love my home(s) and would spend much more time (and $$) on them if I had some better options/colors/items. I look forward to YOUR ideas, Turbine!

Smile I'm not greedy

We definitely need a crafting area in each town. I was spoiled when I started and my first Kinship had a dwarf house near Thorin's Gate and there was a Forge in the town. I could make my ingots and weapons and drop them in the chest in the Kinship house for any who needed them. When I subsequently bought my first house in Bree-land, I was severely disappointed. Not only was it VERY far from town, but no crafting area. So either a crafting area or rapid transport to a good one after we've used our discounts from local vendors.

And a separate storage chest for housing items. I rarely visit my house anymore because there's nothing to do there. I don't have room in the chests to store seasonal items so I just stopped getting them.

OR allowing multiple houses per account so each character could have a house. My main Man Champion Weaponsmith does not have the same interests as my Elf Hunter Scholar, yet he's stuck with it. I have 8 different characters - they should be allowed to show their different personalities. So maybe allow a Deluxe house for your Main and a regular house for Alts. (On second thought, that's probably not a good idea given how many houses have been foreclosed on in the last year - but I'd use it if it were allowed)

There are a lot of other good suggestions posted, but the first two are the ones I see as something that could be added to the game quickly & easily while you decide which other parts are viable to include.

Quote Originally Posted by Faythefulle View Post
    If I could have just ONE change, it would be to throw out the hook system and go free form.T
    As much as I would like to see this, I would still want some sort of maximum number of objects allowed.

I would hate to see someone advertise free goodies in his house chest, just to lure people into a graphical "trap", where you never finish loading in his house due to the massive number of furniture pieces crammed right by the front door. You'd be stuck there until you managed to get an Unstuck to work or called a GM.

I would also hate to see people spelling out or drawing obscene/cruel things with their furniture. I know it sounds silly, but I saw another game run into this problem and it turned into a major issue.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Most important thing for me is to do something about the hook system and the furniture sizes. A house can have very few large furniture and many of them are very small and should fit in a small hook. I don't like that to have a bed to sleep in, I'll waste one of those precious large hooks.
    Also, the placements of the hooks aren't that good. Best would be to spend lots of time removing the hook system and make it freeform or a grid like in the Sims or at least add plenty more hooks and make sure all the smaller Large Furniture are turned into Small Furniture, and then start working on other things for housing

Most houses have unused areas around their garden and it would be wonderful if the gardens would be expanded so we could fit more yard furniture and trees. Some gardens are huge but you can only place a few items there, so it looks extremely empty unless you only place the largest and fluffiest trees. Speaking of trees, it would be great to see more of them. The trees in the elven area are pink and white, but the trees we can buy that looks the same are green. Maybe add a white and pink version too? And outside the housing area there are smaller pink trees too, of the same size as the Autumnal Apple Tree which actually fits in a Small Yard hook. Please add those trees as small yard items. Could be a nice addition to the Spring Festival
    About huge empty yards, it looks silly placing a chair in the middle of empty area, wouldn't it be nice if you could place yard furniture near each other so you can place items under a tree? =)

I would love it if the houses could look like real houses. Bed against the wall instead of middle of the room, tables where you can place chairs next to them. I mean, why have a table for scholar activities when no one can sit down while writing and reading? And who would place a large empty dinner table with no seating in the middle of a room?
    It would be great if you could have a small kitchen, maybe already furnished. Maybe not even a room in the smaller houses, it could just be a small...uh... niche in the wall? Sorry, don't know the proper English words to explain what I mean.

Please don't add crafting and auction house. When new players enters the game and starts asking where everybody is, you can tell them to go to Bree and there they'll see more people. Some of the more social players might quit a game where they don't start out with lots of people around them since they'll be thinking that no one is playing. Please don't do anything that risks emptying the towns and cities.

Deluxe hobbit houses doesn't look like hobbit holes should. There's a HUGE empty room, and I feel it would be better if it looked like a narrow hallway leading off into many smaller rooms

It would be great to be able to own more than one house per account. Maybe the limit could be two or three if it's too much to have one for each character?

It would be nice to have some nice and fun daily quests in the housing areas. Nothing that gives important items or gear that people who don't care about housing would feel forced to have. Maybe let the quests give you something housing related, like if you do the quests a certain amount of times you can have a little add-on to your house that you can choose from a list.
    Add-ons for your house could be choices making the houses look different, like:
    Choice of paving for the path up to the house. Grey, white, brown or yellow sand. Flat stones in a random pattern or perfect and neat, round or square stones. The outside wall of the house could have the option to change between dark grey stones or light grey stones or white like the hobbit houses. Adding a tiny little annex to the house, an extra chimney perhaps. It would give us some options to make the houses look a bit different
    And if you change your mind you could do the daily quests and earn the right to make your choices again
    Last edited by Silmelin; Dec 27 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Crafting is a must be it in our house or in the community area, but I think with festivals going on quests in the neighborhoods would be fun and would make the areas feel more alive with players.
    Another thing that needs to happen is the Elven community houses are so dark inside and closed in they need to be brighter with more windows. Elves don't live in dark places even in Mirkwood the majority of the folk live in trees or houses outside of the caverns. And moor hooks please or do away with the system all together and please look at the Hightbold housing items it is all large furniture

hobbit1968 said:

Well, definetly HOOKS. But the Hobbit Holes need to be revamped. being a Hobbit, its like walking into a gym. There are plenty of examples of Hobbit holes in the Shire. example: Bag End. I dont mean it being this big, I just mean there should be corridors and quaint rooms. Its supposed to be Homey, not a huge room.

****Oh, and not to be charged Mithril Coins to get extra hooks. It should all be standard. Do not make this some crazy money maker. This is something that has been dragged on for literally years. Be kind to the players.****
    Yes yes yes to the revamp of Hobbit holes. The deluxe and kinship houses are far too wide-open for a hobbit to live comfortably. Small house isn’t bad, but it could also use improvement. Agreed also on the price of hooks (and everything else). It’s already ridiculously expensive to buy extra storage space for 100 MC per 15 slots (and the same cost for additional trait specs for characters and epic battles)

Zariarn said:

Housing in towns. Apartments in Bree or Thorin's Hall. Hobbit Holes in Michel Delving or Hobbiton. Rent a home close to the docks of Celondim. (Or make access to current Elvish Housing by Boat)

Housing in other areas of Middle Earth. Lotherlorien, Rivendell, Stangard, Edoras

Fast travel to and from housing via stable master
    Yes! My guy from Rohan needs a house in Rohan. We need more homestead options for areas as the game has expanded and further expands.

Schinderhannes said:

The time of the year should affect climate in neighbourhoods. (4 seasons)
    YES

Galuhad
    Everything he said.

Nathurin said:

I think it would be neat if our wardrobe could be accessible from our house and we could transfer our gear to it to clear up space in our inventory
    Would love the idea of a house-based wardrobe system with a larger capacity.

Also:

Get rid of/totally revamp the hook system
    Multiple layouts to choose from for a house
    Basements/cellars
    Outhouses (either as part of the landscape, or as a placeable decoration)

frickenmuck said:

I would love a revamp so significant that we all had to start from scratch in an awesome new system, all of our previous houses in the old system scrapped and our items in escrow, upkeep refunded. I really would. A significant update that meant a cool new system and amazing new housing themes would be amazing. But only if they somehow managed to resist the temptation to make it insultingly overpriced, which like I said, I don't trust them to do.
    Agreed wholeheartedly.

Turbine, there is SO much creativity and enthusiasm in this thread, how can you not want to harness it? Please don’t insult us by implementing only minor tweaks, and then charging ridiculous prices for them, like you have with the new house storage, character trait specs, and epic battles trait specs.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

I hope it is not too late to add my thoughts here... I wrote a very lengthy suggestion post about how to make decorating a lot more variable than right now with the hook system. The whole post can be found linked in my siggy. I hope perhaps we could get something like that if free-form is not possible.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

The best thing you could do to Housing, which would really increase activity is the following:

- Revamp the current Instance cluster directory of housing, whereby you introduce New housing zones within the world (persistent).
    - Player housing should be part of the world, where anyone can be passing by.
    - Include a Vendor where players can put up there wares for sale. (Linked to the AH, where you could by it in major cities with an extra small fee, cheaper to visit the house vendor)
    - Housing cosmetics craze. (With all sorts of Rare trophies to show off).

Those are my thoughts on Housing
    [url=http://25.media.tumblr.com/94e0d370ef426094b83690c7dca64e2b/tumblr_mo8mpqNNDc1rrk80lo1_500.gif][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/94e0d370ef426094b83690c7dca64e2b/tumblr_mo8mpqNNDc1rrk80lo1_500.gif[/img][/url]

Best MMO Housing I've Seen

Dark Ages of Camelot has/had the best housing system I've used .Highly customizable interior and exterior options ,but the best part was being able to craft at home you could put in a forge or worktable or whatever you wanted in your home.

I want chairs about a table armchairs where to sit down nicely and a stable in the garden for my ponys, mas hollows for furniture .mí house hobbit is of kin and very big rooms with stairs and many nice and luxurious furniture.

#1 Better access - I can port to my house but not back. I'd like it to work like a skirmish, where I can go there anytime I want and when I'm done I'm back at the same spot ready to hunt.
    #2 No more hooks- I can't personalize my house with one big item in the middle of a room and a few other random items in preset locations. Give me a limited number of items I can use, but don't limit me on where they can go.
    #3 Activities/Crafting - Give us something to do at our house while we're there. I have played other games where I can buy and place a crafting facility at my house. This allowed me to use my house for down-time between hunting and I loved it. This seems like the best way you could improve the housing experience. Crafting is what I'd like, but you could also add mini games or some other things. The house could become a home. Invite guests over for trivia or drunken fence races, whatever.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000ce015/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Here are some of my suggestions and ones I have received to the Fluffy Wish List:

Housing Market
    A Market similar to Lalia’s Market, but with housing decorations and located in the Homesteads.

Bound to Account Decorations
    Many of the housing items are Bound on Acquire, such as the Store Property Guards and quest rewards, which could easily be Bound to Account in stead.

Housing Stable
    Stable decoration for your homestead house. Preferably where you can actually place your mount in.

Housing Designs
    Ability to choose from a handful of different housing designs/layouts.

Wardrobes in House
    Wardrobe in house to place cosmetic items only in (the physical items) - this could help with storage/inventory issues as well.

Mail Permission
    Ability to set who can use the mailbox in permissions.

Homestead-specific Outfits
    Such as nightgowns, pyjamas, slippers, etc.

Furniture Colours
    Let us choose colours of the furniture we have already placed, so that we can match it to the rest of the house.

In addition to improvements on housing itself, I would like to see more reasons to spend time in the homesteads. Specifically, the following could be ideas to consider:

Homestead Quests
    Ex: Quick Post, Horse race, Plant trees, Visit your kin hall, etc.

Deeds
    Ex: Visit each plot in your neighbourhood, Get x number of visitors, Add x number of unique trophies to house, Use transportation kegs x times, etc.

Homestead Games
    Such as implementing the tag game from Bree fields to the homestead, or a hide-and-seek game, chicken play (A Game of Hobnanigans). Festival-inspired games would be fun all-year in the Homsteads.

Guestbook

Make it possible for visitors to write a note in a guestbook - alternatively just to sign their name

Visitor Counter
    Could be combined with Guestbook

Wall of Accomplishments
    A plaque on the wall that, when clicked, shows the number of deeds/quests/titles or similar accomplished by the owner. Should be customizable which part/char you would like to show.

More Best Housing Events and similar
    After the reset/foreclosure of housing areas and after the update, we would like to see more ‘Best House in the Neighborhood’ events.

Make it easier to visit others' houses
    Ability to summon/join instances from neighbourhoods, House milestones

Tie a new Hobby to Homesteads
    Make a homestead-based hobby such as painting, collecting items or learning music pieces to teach to others.

Last, I can't submit this post without ringing the bell for my pet petition: Please bring back the Mistletoe!
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Dec 29 2013 at 06:43 AM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Without having gone through every post in here...

I do have two major issues with my house:

- make big furniture really big. I have the deluxe elven house and the "big" hobbit festival table (or something, don't know the exact name right now without logging in and checking) looks absolutely lost and tiny in there - I wish a table with chairs where people could actually sit in, a bed where someone else than a hobbit child can sleep in... it would make the house look more lived in than just a furniture store display.

- The housing zones are literally in the middle of nowhere (maybe apart from the dwarven zone close to Thorin's Hall). But the elven one... *sighs* My house owner is a huntress, so she doesn't mind, popping around Middle Earth as she does, but my champion lately let out a whole strng of very colourful language when she had to ride for a while to reach the next travel hub. So, either move the zones or put at least a stable master at the entrance.
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeater View Post
    Dark Ages of Camelot has/had the best housing system I've used .Highly customizable interior and exterior options ,but the best part was being able to craft at home you could put in a forge or worktable or whatever you wanted in your home.
    That! I remember having guild meetings in the big entrance hall of our viking house, with a huge, massive table in the middle of the room, enough chairs for all guild mates (we were a small one), the guild leader presiding from the front side...
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

17. Hello, Floradine here. I wanted to say hi and hold my face into the camera and just say thank you for all your wonderful suggestions. Please know that I and others from the player council are following this thread and also the other two new ones that Kate Paiz opened up.

I love the idea of this canalized feedback that is easy to follow and much more effective than browsing the whole forums for ideas. Thank you, Kate, you made my job as a council member a lot easier with it

18. Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post
    I would hate to see someone advertise free goodies in his house chest, just to lure people into a graphical "trap", where you never finish loading in his house due to the massive number of furniture pieces crammed right by the front door. You'd be stuck there until you managed to get an Unstuck to work or called a GM.
    ... and ...

Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post
    I would also hate to see people spelling out or drawing obscene/cruel things with their furniture. I know it sounds silly, but I saw another game run into this problem and it turned into a major issue.
    That's what reporting is for. The GM's should take a look into the house and if they find the report to be true they should be allowed to delete such houses so that the griefer loses the house itself and also loses all the stuff that is in it. Rebuilding that should be far too much work/costly to repeat it more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowellan View Post
    Without having gone through every post in here...

I do have two major issues with my house:

- make big furniture really big. I have the deluxe elven house and the "big" hobbit festival table (or something, don't know the exact name right now without logging in and checking) looks absolutely lost and tiny in there - I wish a table with chairs where people could actually sit in, a bed where someone else than a hobbit child can sleep in... it would make the house look more lived in than just a furniture store display.

- The housing zones are literally in the middle of nowhere (maybe apart from the dwarven zone close to Thorin's Hall). But the elven one... *sighs* My house owner is a huntress, so she doesn't mind, popping around Middle Earth as she does, but my champion lately let out a whole strng of very colourful language when she had to ride for a while to reach the next travel hub. So, either move the zones or put at least a stable master at the entrance.
    /signed...it's amazing that we can get a horse TO the Housing areas, but not one FROM them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Angry Expenses Expenses

Lol 500g for 15 slots at a kinhouse....I have lots of taters that need a home! That is outragous. Oh and please fix the daily yule fest quest already or let us know ANYTHING please....all the GM's do is ignore my reports.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000017eb87/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The most important things in my opinion, though much of this has been mentioned before:

* Move the entrances closer to the cities. Especially places like Bree and the Shire. It'd be best if they were -inside- the cities. Especially if ...

* ... you don't want to add crafting areas to the neighborhoods, put them right near the crafting areas so they still have 'people' there. Some sort of apartments as previously mentioned to 'use' some of the blank surfaces in cities would be a good idea, too. People could choose a shared apartment link (kind of like DCUO's lairs) if they wish, or an instanced area like now. This lets those who don't want to go through two instance portals to get into their houses avoid it.

* Revisit pricing. Some of the costs, while I understand wanting it for a gold sink, makes it difficult for new players.

* Make the houses /larger/. It doesn't have to be larger outside, of course, but make each house instance larger. They feel so cramped and tiny, and for little reason.

* Either remove hooks or make them more versatile, as others have said.

* Other minor things: I'd love to be able to tailor the outside more. A 'Yard' option to make it grass, or cobblestones, or whatever. The ability to have planters to grow certain plants. More outside options in general. Perhaps a customizable 'sign' you can hang by your house. Even if it has to be clicked on to be actually read, it'd be fun.

My 2c.

Kinhouse needs a bulletin board to post the raid schedule, because lots of people don't want to have to log into a separate kin website. It would be much better to access that kind of info in game. This would also give more people a chance to visit the kinhouse.

Space needs to be expanded, considering all the cosmetics which have been added to the game since the current number of spaces and slots were created.

Oh and officers need to be able to acesss a log of who put things in and took things out of the chests. This would allow Kins to freely recruit unknown players without having to worry about a recruit was just coming to the Kin to raid the chests. This one change would go a long way to making the game more inviting to new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    Here are some of my suggestions and ones I have received to the Fluffy Wish List:
    (((clipped for length, because it's a long list of beautiful ideas!)))

^ Oh wow, some of these I hadn't thought of, but now that I've read them.. must... have.......

Particularly: Housing design/layout options. Wow, this. Someone else mentioned the ability to pick the color of things about the house (pathway etc) -- I'll second that and add that I'd love to be able to choose a skin for my yard. My Bree house -- I love everything about the outside except I wish my grass was more lush. Seems like everyone else has nice grass, and I got the one brown patch (but it's the location I wanted, so.... /shrug.) And maybe sometimes I want it to be a bit overgrown (Harvest Fest time, particularly!). :-)

Painting as a hobby?! Sign me up -- I'd be all about housing/neighborhood-ish hobbies being added. More housing neighborhood events?! I'm in!

A visitor counter and guestbook would be wonderful! Someone else mentioned a bulletin board for kin houses, I'd love that too.

[CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Suggestion I have is don't have certain areas to place items but make it open area to decorate our houses interior and exterior. I feel limited to what I can do decorating wise for the houses. I also would love to see ways we could "upgrade" our houses in some way, such as maybe we have a deluxe house we have room to make a certain crafting area like farming into our land or a workshop area etc. I'm not talking about adding every crafting area but someone to our trade.

Events in the neighborhoods would be awesome too

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast