We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Best housing system ever is Ultima Online. I built an entire village there from the ground up. Decorations are free placement, and we do have lights and Christmas trees.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Please add a swift trafel (or at least a slow travel) from and to housing locations. It is SOOOO annoying traveling from Bree to the housing area there and some other locations are equally annoying.

Please please please please please please please pretty please.

My 2 cents for housing

1) I would like to see housing plots for sale with a UI similar to the one used for the character to add armor or cosmetics for custom house design. Each add on would cost silver so you could start out small and eventually make it bigger if you would like.
    2) Add stables to properties
    3) Let each character own a house rather than having it 1 per account.
    4) Add neighborhood crafting areas
    5) Have stable master in housing area
    6) House price discounts if you buy in the same neighborhood as you kinship house
    7) Have only 2 sizes of hooks and put more inside and out
    8) have an option to buy tables with chairs included
    9) Monthly contest for ideas and designs for new hosing items
    10) If a kin settles a whole section of a neighborhood allow them to name the street their kin name. If they buy a whole neighborhood same with the name of the neighborhood.
    Some of these ideas are mine, others from the imaginative folks on this forum whose ideas were so good I hat to repeat them.

Our family spends quite a bit of time in our housing are and have tried to consolidate properties around our kin house. We hang out, spar, race around and other shenanigans when we are there. We are looking forward to the upcoming changes and thanks for listening.

Ibelen
    Kingdom of Heaven

Not sure if this may or may not have been mentioned but I have played some elder scrolls game and what the did with hearthfire was great the ability to expand your house and put useful objects was great. Also like a wardrobe you can see or like how Lalia's shop is set up like have some sort of cosmetic display like personable models. furthermore it would be nice to have a bit more land like maybe make different tiers but also make more big tiers available because there is a large amount of players who have the gold cap off and are able to spend a nice amount on a plot of land that isnt the size of the combe crafting hall. crafting stations for your personal tiers would be fantastic like maybe thats a guild thing you have to work for but over all just making things upgradable were you have to work for them maybe gather materials from the world to build your house and then that would also bind together a kinship by using more craft professions for different aspects of your home. Making the house look less flat should also be on the agenda because, like most of middle earth, things just are flat mostly. For example custom columns that are race related like dwarfish or elfish. Also making craftable chests instead of just paying for them and to allow for the chests to hold certain objects like a wardrobe or lock box for money to transfer to other characters or small items so on and so forth... the main objective should be to tie in your house with the rest of your adventures and to make things upgradable and a progression

Decoration

I think that it would be so great if we could decorate the house however we want, to put thing anywhere in the house, not having a specific place to every decoration.... and maybe it sounds crazy... but it would be so much owesome if we could you de wardroves from decorations to put inside de cosmetics

Thank you for asking our suggestions!

Housing change has come !

After years of begging the housing authority improvements to the deplorable living conditions in middle earth, we finally have change !

They have decided to essentially double the cost of a small house for the potential new home owner.

I remember scrimping and saving to gather the one gold for a small house, and 100 silver for a storage chest...

I can only imagine the dismay of those players new to the game...almost there, and the housing authority raises the cost of that storage chest from 100 silver to one gold...

(Or, you can spend about $22 in real cash for it...which I think is the authorities hope...players will forgo the coinage grind and open their wallets)

Go scrimp and save some more young ones, the housing authority needs to line their pockets some more...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052020000001c44b2/01002/signature.png]Ashenwoods[/charsig]

For me, the buildings (houses especially) in the Rohan and Helms Deep expansions have been really great to explore. I think giving us working doors, multiple rooms/levels and platforms would be great if you choose to venture into creating new housing models.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    You only need to look as far as Everquest 2 to see housing done right ... it is utterly amazing.
    But on the other hand we don't need this game copying others. Copying other games tends to be standard, but I'd much prefer uniqueness.

I have seen a lot of requests here and in other threads, to add crafting facilities to housing. They seem to always get shot down quickly because of the fear of the towns becoming vacant. May I suggest some alternatives? I have seen all of these suggestions previously and just wanted to bring them together.

1) Move housing closer to crafting facilities. Make it easy and quick to go from house to craft hall.

2) Add crafting to housing, but also add some previously mentioned apartments, and houses to the towns near the craft hall. This could lessen the lag inside the already overcrowded craft hall in Bree. People still have to come to town for other things like AH, cosmetic shopping, etc. Add some more events inside the towns to get people to go there. How about a performing arts theater were groups of players can put on shows. I got sidetracked sorry.

3) Allow Kinships to have their own crafting facilities but restrict the amount of crafting possible per day. You can craft enough to get that set of armor for your buddy, but the large stacks of endless crafting to level up needs to be taken to town.

As far as decorations go, the hook system has always bothered me. Why not just have a plane system. The floor, walls, ceiling are all different planes. Every item has a designated plane on which it can be placed, but it can be placed anywhere on that plane. I for one would love to put two fireplaces back to back in the middle of my kinship floor! Though it would be a little strange to not have the stone chimneys going all the way up to the ceiling.

Anyway, just my two cents again. Regardless of what they change, unless they start taking things away and charging for them, I will still enjoy playing the game. I've always been a LOTR fan, and have loved playing this since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    So, the answer is manifold: more housing hooks or, better yet, doing away with the hook system altogether and letting us have free placement. Then add more rooms, extensions, attics, cellars, gardens. And then let us buy multiple houses, city apartments, and so forth. This will give us the space to fully realise the housing system.
    This! Absolutely do away with any hook system. Free placement is positively a wonderful way to go that allows for the creativity to really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    "Housing is still high on our list of objectives for the year, and we look forward to hearing your suggestions! We’ll be talking more about this throughout the year."
    For what year, 2013? There's only 12 days left of this year, so may have to inform whomever is in charge of Housing update, that they need to check their calendar, because if they have kids, they're going to be mighty disappointed in a week to learn that Daddy/Mommy forgot about Christmas due to post-Helm's Deep jet-lag.

Now if we're talking about 2014... then has anything changed with regards to whether its going to be a rework/revamp or just a spit'n'polish pass on the existing system? "Talking more about this throughout the year." suggests it might be pushed back until Q3/Q4 of 2014?

Knowing the answer to those questions helps us to decide what suggestions to make.
    Last edited by Szul; Dec 19 2013 at 08:49 AM.

A far as a crafting facility for in house, while I like the idea I think it would be easier to implement a consumable much like the campfire kits or repair anvils.
    Each crafting profession should be able to make, process, smelt etc anywhere they want.
    In the woods and out of pots looking at a scary spider den? Whip out your consumable 2 or 3 minute mortar and pestle study and make a few pots, then carry on. No need to port to a city then travel back.. many times through mobs and to remote locations just to finish a quest.
    I have a hard time believing that a tailor can only push a needle through a piece of fabric in a major city in a crafting area. Or a cook can't cook anywhere but a superior oven. Or a scholar can't read unless near a bench.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds

More hooks? No, we need hook free system or something similar. Say instead of specific places on the wall, open the whole wall and increase the limit of how many items can fit on that wall.

I agree with others - make homesteads more dynamic. Maybe while player is online enable some ticker/counter during which player's house can become infested with pests or rodents. Say you can buy a butler that will send you a message when house is under invasion. Like you play a game and all of a sudden a bird with a message lands on your shoulder. You open the message where your house butler is calling for help - your house is invaded by rats. So you go back INSIDE your house and kill some sauron-mutated rats. Or something similar but with goblins trying to put your house on fire OUTSIDE the house. You can run around the homestead and help other people houses etc.
    Just don't do this to the houses of players that are offline. I know its not very realistic, but this should be a mini-game for those who are online. Nobody wants to return and find their house burnt to the ground.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=white][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000019ef/01001/signature.png]Mightili[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR=darkorange][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise]"[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]KHAZÂD FUNDINUL[/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise]"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]- [/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise][I]On Brandywine[/I].[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=mediumturquoise]=/\ [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]Read our [URL="http://www.khazad.org/custom.php?page_id=50567&gid=104764"]Kinship Information[/URL] and then [URL="http://www.khazad.org/recruiting/app_start.php?type=app&gid=104764&page_id=50567"]Apply for Kinship[/URL] [/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise]/\=[/COLOR]

Abandon hooks and have a sims style grid system so items can be placed anywhere. If you cant abandon hooks, at least add more.

Seasonal changes to the neighbourhood.

Crafting areas.
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"]Proud Officer and band member of 'Under The Sunlit Sky'

[IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/56621691lotro_lotro08.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Szul View Post
    For what year, 2013? There's only 12 days left of this year, so may have to inform whomever is in charge of Housing update, that they need to check their calendar, because if they have kids, they're going to be mighty disappointed in a week to learn that Daddy/Mommy forgot about Christmas due to post-Helm's Deep jet-lag.

Now if we're talking about 2014... then has anything changed with regards to whether its going to be a rework/revamp or just a spit'n'polish pass on the existing system? "Talking more about this throughout the year." suggests it might be pushed back until Q3/Q4 of 2014?

Knowing the answer to those questions helps us to decide what suggestions to make.
    Good point Szul. We obviously struck a nerve with Turbine, otherwise we would not have seen such a specifically tailored letter from Katie Paiz just days after the forums got pretty darn heated from what I saw. On the same topics she covered. Anyway, more communication from the devs would help to quell some of the mutinous banter out there. More 'this is why we did this..' and 'our realistic goals are..' and certainly for housing 'we cannot do this, but with the time/resources this is more along the lines of what we are thinking..'

I know people want freeform placement. But i think has pretty much been stated, for certain, that they are not going to scrap the whole system and give us freeform. I dont know where the exact reference is from Sapience. But something along those lines, officially, to keep our expectations in check and the disappointments low. As well as a more specific timeframe..not too general as in 'throughout the year'.
    That said, I think a few more realistic updates I would like to see similarly to what others have suggested here and have been clammoring for since housing came out are;

- closer/better integration into the world. be that lowering housing travel skill times or quick travel stable routes or closer to town instances.
    - as well as new/more neighborhood locations... Lorien, Moria, Rohan, etc... (lore aside) however if this happens, please allow us to pick up and move or own multiples houses. I do not want to have to abandon my homes in the old neighborhoods and lose all that time/investment.
    - smarter, more plentiful hooks. i think theyre there to stay, so just improving them slightly would be a huge boon. like others have said, allow small furniture items to hook to thin furniture, etc. As well as allow us to buy additional hooks.
    - housing-hobbies. integrate the housing system and hobby systems for a one-two punch. gives hobbies a centralized instance location and brings life to the neighborhoods. boom. and the same could be said for festivals too... hmm

I 2nd many of the other suggestions made here and in the housing forum, there are more than enough good ideas out there to 'continue the conversation throughout the year'
    Turbine; you know what we want. All I ask is that you give us a better idea of what youre thinking so we can temper our expectations.
    Oh and also... I fully support your using housing and cosmetic fluff to line your coffers. HOWEVER. Do not go crazy.. aka the cost of chest storage upgrades. Thats just nuts. Come on now. Dont be greedy and unrealistic. (though I cannot say the same for a majority of the players out there.. ha)
    Thank you and I look forward to any improvements at all.

- Aeg

I'd like to see more housing in higher level areas.

and Flets.. I want a tree house
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    But on the other hand we don't need this game copying others. Copying other games tends to be standard, but I'd much prefer uniqueness.
    Square wheels would be unique, but they wouldn't be any good. Letters that don't look anything like our alphabet would be unique, but not very understandable. A refrigerator with no opens would be unique, but not very useful. Housing hooks are pretty unique from my MMO experience, and lets be honest, they suck. I'd rather Trubine be pragmatic and practical before they worry about being unique.

I'd wish for (even though it might not be realistic as it would require too much work ^^):

- bigger neighborhoods, or maybe different sized neighborhoods
    - the option for kinships to have their own neighborhoods, with the possibility to invite other kinships/players to settle there. That probably means hundreds of neighborhoods per server though ^^
    - non-static neighborhoods: you buy a plot of land (small, medium, big) and then choose from different modells (neighborhood specific. Bree could also have Hobbit holes though for example, the Shire could have houses, too) to build your house
    - standard houses you can just plop down and house 'receipes' for extra modells, maybe even requiring the house or structure to be built (OK, the best houses would likely be shop only then XD)
    - more usefull and useable housing items like indoor and outdoor crafting facilities, stable
    - If you want neighborhoods to be really used players will need incentives to go there. And the incentives have to be better than a vendor discount. So, neighborhood quests to build and then to maintain special facilities like an auction house or skirmish vendors. A neighborhood doesn't maintain it - it looses that facility. Maybe with a monthly and all-time plaque telling who contributed most to the maintenance quests/materials.
    - better integration into existing towns. As it's instanced it might as well have the instance entrance in the town rather than at the ar** end of the world.
    - free placement of housing items or a lot more hooks

The major thing i want to see is the abillity to buy a kinship house for yourself without the need of a kin, or kinleader.
    And indeed, the hooks should increase, and a nice feature (but difficult to accomplish) would be the option to add rooms.
    Crafting station would be welcome to indeed, but not just for a kin house. Imo i think in the kin house it would be nice to have it standard, but in the normal ones the abillity to have them like normal furniture as we now have.
    Also more flora and trees that are festival related would be very nice.
    And maybe also a big festival thing, or quests that takes place inside the housing area, so that there are more players around.

I really hope Turbine would make at least one of this features real.

Cheers, Mara

Please take out the NPCs that dance in my yard illogically (they are soldiers holding their weapons as they dance) and uninvited (my char has no background to have such guests!!) each night ever since Mirkwood expansion! That is for Chestnut Street no6 in Breeland homes. That was the most annoying "housing improvement" ever

21. Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    I want a couple of mannequins to place in my house and display my favourite outfits!
    With the mannequins (or even just a big standing wardrobe closet), how about the ability to save outfit(s) from the slots on the character outfit screen for later use? So, the ability to store an old outfit on the mannequin, and can later copy it back to an active outfit slot when you visit the house.

Also ...

Yes! Gardening as a new hobby! As you advance you can grow different plants. These can be made into decorations -- TINY decorations which you can put around the house or combine into a skin on existing items. E.g., bowl of fruit for your breakfast table -- that doesn't look like the generic bowl of fruit/whatever that is already there; it is unique because you grew it.

Housing neighborhood instances: Create an entrance in the town they're currently associated with. E.g., an instance opening for Bree housing at that gated-community which the Dwarf mercenaries are guarding. You can also keep the existing entrance waay out there in the landscape (occasionally this is convenient, e.g. Bree housing is fairly close to the Forsaken Inn) for those who like it, but it would be nice to feel a part of the community instead of apart from it.

Similarly, housing instances in Lothlorien, Edoras, Rivendell, etc. Require kindred standing. Hide it behind an instance door so that it doesn't clutter the landscape.

Yes, have my other alts greet me when I come home! THey're obviously not doing anything else, since the current character is the one out running around. And you already have the animations, use their current outfits. Perhaps have them give a greeting which you can choose (emote, say-text).

Similarly, house pets! Cats, dogs, birds, maybe something exotic if a high enough level (e.g. rep with distant faction).

I too would like the ability to design housing layouts, or at least have more than ONE basic layout to choose from.

I suspect that allowing one house per character might be troublesome, but it WOULD solve the problem of having too many housing items and not enough slots for them!

Basically, I want a reason to go to my house other than just that that travel-port is closest to wherever else I'm headed to. However, I too worry that putting a crafting instance in the housing neighborhoods will depopulate the landscape cities to some extent. Maybe only put this in kinhouses, or make it buildable by the neighbors rather than every house/neighborhood has one.
    Byrcha of Landroval, officer of the Lonely Mountain Band

I don't know why it did it twice
    Last edited by stormshadowking; Dec 19 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Also one thing that gets really boring is every house kind of looks the same. I would love to have more of a darker looking house with like ruins out front or even the house crumbling in some way with like a dark atmosphere.

And maybe somebody else has a joyful hobbit hole with singing and dancing out front ect.

Idk maybe add some more looks to houses maybe where you can buy with gold some add ons to your house or something and just stuff that will make an atmosphere near the home an make every house look somewhat different

Also one thing that gets really boring is every house kind of looks the same. I would love to have more of a darker looking house with like ruins out front or even the house crumbling in some way with like a dark atmosphere.

And maybe somebody else has a joyful hobbit hole with singing and dancing out front ect.

Idk maybe add some more looks to houses maybe where you can buy with gold some add ons to your house or something and just stuff that will make an atmosphere near the home an make every house look somewhat different

And just throwing out stuff now but maybe creep houses?

Quote Originally Posted by arch07js1 View Post
    We obviously struck a nerve with Turbine, otherwise we would not have seen such a specifically tailored letter from Katie Paiz just days after the forums got pretty darn heated from what I saw.
    But we get a similar letter every year. The only difference is that we've got the threads like these, but those aren't directly tied to the letter.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast