We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Bash it all you want, but runescape had a pretty cool housing system. Something similar to that would be fun to have, and it would place even more of an emphasis on crafting

Houses should be "lived in". Give me a reason to park my characters in my house rather than he craft hall of the highest level city I have visited. I want lots of storage, crafting/guild vendors, vault and AH, and a portal to anywhere I need to go from there.
    "Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving and leave all this behind." - Hobbit in Waymeet

[IMG]http://www.48ovvi.org/misc/dawnwen.jpg[/IMG] WINDFOLA

Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    One of my characters has half his vault full of stuff to decorate my house, which is already fairly decorated, but I cannot for the life of me remember how.
    When you are standing in your yard or in your house, look at your mini-map. You will see an icon that looks like a bouquet of flowers on the bottom left of the frame of your mini-map. Click it to toggle decoration mode.

More hooks, furniture, trophies, decorations, walls and floors and better lighting/shadows quality. It will be cool to mimic the qualities of Bree or various Rohan housing interiors. It will be also nice to see some life in the neighborhood, like in cities (NPCs wandering around, etc.) - it can be revamped as a small town at all and the general feel of the current random clutter of buildings improved that way.

There will be also great to upgrade buildings (more rooms, different room layouts, facades, etc.) a creative way. For example that you get just some basic room initially and you must get some material, gold and involve some work time for getting more. It can be especially great for kinship houses as a group activity and shared goal of whole kinship.
    ~ [url=http://daleshadows.eu]Dale Shadows[/url] CZ/SK kinship ~

Homes in New Lands

You know, I think it would be really festive to have a personal house in Rohan! Also, I agree with many, having an auctioneer and crafting abilities nearby when in the neighborhood would be convenient!

I recommended making a dress up mannequin long ago and I'm pleased to see you folks implemented it, albeit more for driving cosmetic sales. Now I also when you reform hooks in the house, you allow players to purchase a blank mannequin where we can store our outfits. A majority of my bank space is taken up due to sets that it would be nice to get that space back.

I am an avid fan of the housing system at first i was a bit sceptical on do i need a house or even want one, but then soon as i bought my first house and this was the smallest kind of house possible in bree, I fell in love with the entire system, and for a the better half of a year i hunted down housing items, scoured the AH, searched the lotro wiki and eventually owned pretty much everything possible apart from store bought or special buy type items

obviously there was not enough room in a small house for these, so i upgraded to a larger house, and then to a kin house, and now both are full of housing items from all over middle earth including instances/raids/quests/festivals you name it i probably have it or have had it (apart from store/exclusive content)

with that being said, I've found it difficult to customise the kinship house and my deluxe house the way that i want to, due to their not being enough hooks or not enough of a certain kind and size of rooms and trying to place for instance all the maps in a bree-land kinship house in the corridor room before the stairs

It would be great to implement more hooks and/or moveable hooks with some clause in there that has boundaries on items so they can't clash or lap over each other, now i'm not saying have it so we can have every item x 1000 in our houses because that would be a huge (mind my language) cluster #### !

maybe a limit to the number of hooks, for example

100 hooks for wall items, and you can place large/small wherever and move them left/right/up/down and rotate

100 hooks for small/large furniture

30 hooks for thin furniture like flowers and golden chicken/eggs to place around and not be so limited to certain spots and certain amounts in a house

hooks for ceiling in each room or multiple in each room dependent on size... so a kinship house, doorway-main hall, main hall 3max, one large for center and two small for the bits where the ceiling is lower, then one for the room before the stairs, two for each landing of the stairs and then one for the top floor room

this is all for example, and based around a bree-land kinship house, numbers would have to be reduced by x amount for small/deluxe and different types of houses

I also think having different types of houses built would be absolute awesome sauce or a skin so to speak

for example a house within bree-land is built by men but there are men of gondor and men of rohan, and men of dunland and so forth why not have a skin that makes the exterior/interior resemble those specific housing types, like the horse-lords houses are wooden and feature exquisite craftwork into carving horses heads on everything, dunlendings have huts made of stone and straw, tree houses like the elves of lorien would be fricking awesome (c'mon you know it)

in regards to yard decorations definitely more much much more, for example you can only have a draigoch statue in a kinship house but if choosing to have this you can't have a tower of orthanc as well, so more hooks outside

and maybe to spruce up outside as well, different trimmings for your house, like having a high hedge instead of a brick wall, or a fence

I think what is wanted as a whole from everyone is the feel to truly be able to customise your house after all it is yours, to maybe be able to build an entire house from maybe a pre-set kind of way (thinking of the skyrim hearthfire system, you can have a house and add attachments and then build what you want if you have the mats) maybe something like this so we can add beams or arches inside our house

also I know a lot of people want crafting facilities this would be cool, maybe not in each personal house, but maybe add a little area to each housing map, like a crafters workshop where they are building a house but never finish like adso's camp kinda thing LOL

I know that making something like I have described could take well over a year, but if possible all of this would make the game amazing like truly WOW (some more because exploring middle-earth is pretty damn wow !!!!)

I hope some or any of this is read and that my vision for a better housing system comes to fruition some day
    Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000b1b1b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Instead of using the same old Taxidemist for decorative items, let the player craft them themselves. More crafted decorations, both in quanitiy and diversity for all profession. Some suggestion:
    -More type of flower pot/tree pot, other kind of flowery decoration, like a wreath... for farmers
    -Carved wooden statues, wooden furniture, other wooden things like decorative bow/spear/crossbow... for woodworker
    -Metal decorations like lamp holder, decorative shield for metalsmith.
    -Metal decorative weapons like sword for weaponsmith
    -Bookstand, scholar thinggie... for Scholar
    -Animal-skinned rug, taspertry... from tailor
    -Heads of animalsto hang on the wall for forestry
    -Something looks fun like a pile of gold bar... for prospector

There should be a separated crafting section for decorate items which welcomes all tier of professions.

Items that requires for crafted decorative items should be from many source and tradable. If there is a hidden deed for collecting these items (like collect all kind of animal head), it is even better
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

I used to build a bit on Second Life so compared to that the Housing and cosmetic/avatar appearance system on Lotro has always seemed pretty lame.

I appreciate there are "lore" issues but personally I'd love to have more freedom and individual creativity over my avatar as well as my house.
    [img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5502/10088661273_c6157771a5_o.jpg[/img]
    Dwarrowdelf 7 Freeps 25-85. 1 R5 Weaver
    Snowbourn 1 Freep. R3 Blackarrow. R5 Weaver

Rethink the storage price restructuring

Ideas for housing updates:
    1) Neighborhood crafting areas
    2) Placeable hooks. I understand not allowing manipulation of the world at large, but allowing it only in your own house (ala Second Life rezzing and moving of objects) would be the best! Barring that, a lot more hooks for all those banners that the warbands drop as well as the great housing items from the festivals.
    3) No cool-down on return skills for kinship and personal housing
    4) Full service stable in all neighborhoods.

To address the recent revamping of the storage chest fees:
    The main reason I have housing is not for the housing items...great as they are...the main reason is to have more storage. I recently purchased a deluxe house (having bought housing previous to the revamp on a different server). To get equivalent storage to what was offered previously I upgraded the housing chest to 30 slots. What used to cost 7G for the house and few hundred silver for the storage chests, now cost 7G for the house and 26G for the equivalent storage (30 slots). After that it is 100 mithril coins for 15 more slots. That is not an increase - that is ridiculous. You really need to rethink that pricing structure. It is prohibitive and sends a message of exclusion. I am not a "free" player. Some are adamant about playing it all free, never buying from the store, not paying a monthly fee. I pay monthly and spend lavishly in the store for the game I love. This, however, is very much out of line. I would highly encourage you to step back and restore the previous pricing structure.

What others are saying, particularly the ability to move hooks and more of them. I.E. picture placement, vertically its terrible for most of the pictures. Kinship houses, I have a kinship house in the human area, In the main hall it would look really nice to be able to put the moose head high on the wall near the peak of the room, but no hook.

Hytbold: I saw in another thread someone suggested when you finish rebuilding Hytbold you get the title "thane of hytbold". This should come with the ability to build your own home there. However a vault and auction hall would be nice to add to Hytbold. To do this for all toons on the server on the same account, just not make it unavailable to a toon till that toon becomes "thane of hytbold".

To build the house from the ground up would be great. Get nails from the metal smith, wood from the woodworker etc. Have a couple floor plans we can choose from and each room added on could be of a different design/function. You can even require completing a particular quest if you want a particular room (such as if you want a stable, you need to gather hay from . . ., if you want a wizards tower etc). But include the ability to destroy a room and build a different one if we want to change it for some reason.

Correct the size of items, "Nanu's hide out" the tiny bush the turtle hides in, Large? really?

And more interactive items please. Someone mentioned house pets, Great idea
    Last edited by mynamewastakenvandel; Dec 17 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Here's a few that I would like to see. Forgive me if they've been mentioned.

-Housing in towns. Apartments in Bree or Thorin's Hall. Hobbit Holes in Michel Delving or Hobbiton. Rent a home close to the docks of Celondim. (Or make access to current Elvish Housing by Boat)

-Housing in other areas of Middle Earth. Lotherlorien, Rivendell, Stangard, Edoras

-Fast travel to and from housing via stable master

-No hooks. Put items anywhere. Look at DAoC, EQ2, and RIFT for extended information.

Thanks

NO crafting stations in the housing zones. I don't want to see the major towns and crafting halls void of players. Keep crafting halls open and the stations out of the housing zones.

I've seen the cities empty out in Everquest 2 and DAoC whenever they added crafting stations to homes.

Please do not add auctioneers to the housing areas either.

14. Not sure if it's been suggested but how about adding a "Yard surface" (just like floor or wall surface inside) option outside.

You could have things like "snow surface" to change the look of your yard from grass to snowy for example.

There are lots of things you could add, rocks, overgrown grass, snow, garden, elf party (hobbit, man and dwarf too), etc...........
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Besides all the other good suggestions, what I would also like to see is an upgrade to the surrounding of the Bree homesteads. I absolutely love the stone architecture of the houses. But I loathe the fact that the neighborhoods look like they were built inside of a quarry. If it has to be in an enclosed valley type area, I want to see a leaf litter forest floor going up the side of a steep hill, not the gigantic ugly rock wall we have now. Of course keep the scenic waterfall views, maybe add more. And then make picture windows you can look out of to actually see the nice views.

Some ideas/wishes:

• Questing and the use of Phasing in the Neighbourhoods. Building of Statues, Community Buildings, Parks and Recreation, Crafting Areas etc... (Opportunity for huge gold/ressource sinks)

• Random Attacks/Skirmishs in Neighbourhoods. You can use a technique similar to Helms Deep where you enter different stages of the battle via teleports. Only that this time they are only available during short cycles.

• Hooks should be more universal. Maybe only wall and floor hooks. Or just make them free placeable and only restrict house interior in weight/poligons or another stat related to funitures.

• More Upgrades and features for your house:

- Small Garden with growing fruit, thats harvestable after a few hours/days
    - Recorded Vault access, access privileges for different vault segments.
    - Upgrades like cellar or backporch
    - different light moods (indoor)
    - emotes for ring or bang at the door
    - emotes and buffs for sleeping in your own bed or just walking in your house for a while (offline presence included)
    - AI controlled alts (offline chars) wandering around the house or yard.
    - Equipaple mannequins with 7 slots that offer a 2 click change in dress. ("You are about to change your current *insert dropdown for other slots here* cosmetic outfit. -OK-"
    - More functional furniture like an actual wardrobe with access to your cosmetic vault.
    - New, freely placebale shared storage furniture. That also comes in different styles.
    - New Userinterface for an easier access to your room designs. (floor, wall and music)

• Kinship Houses in major settlements would be great
    • The time of the year should affect climate in neighbourhoods. (4 seasons)
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Dec 18 2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Suggestions: Tasks [URL="http://goo.gl/rt4M5"]en[/URL]|[URL="http://goo.gl/BBbhC"]de[/URL]

Currently housing is just a limited show room style housing with limited storage. Personally I think if it or anything is part of a game it should be kept fun and useful so players would want to have something to do with it continuously. I do Relize that the current LOTRO Game coding might not make my suggestions possible or easy to do but here is what I would like to see with housing.

#1) Fairly priced Housing storage, not the current 156gold 250silver for the first basic 60 slots of a deluxe house. There is NO reason to be greedy when everyone knows a new players who buys a house wont have that kind of gold.

#2) Remove the Hooks both inside and outside houses. just put a boundry around each property so players cant place in the streets or neighbors yards. Otherwise, on our own yard and in our own houses let us place as much as we want and how we want.

#3) I would like to also be able to set access limits according to kin rank. Example, New recruits cant access squat, while full members would be able to have limited deposit and withrawl rights and officers would have full access if we choose.

#4) Let us Place our own Housing. Basically housing properties would be empty plots. Basically we enter a housing zone, pick a plot of land we like that is available, Buy it. Go to the Housing Broker Buy the housing structure of our choice. go back to the plot of land and place it were and how we want, within the boundaries of the plot. Also with this, If i say wanted to go to the shire housing broker buy a hobbit house and go back to the bree housing I should be able to place. Since we have dwarves, elves, hobits and man all hanging out in each others cities i dont see why they wouldnt be able to build the house they like where they want.

#5) I Would like to see New Housing areas. Since both ease and west rohan are now out. I would love a ROHAN housing area. with various Mead Halls used as Kin houses. Perhaps located at Hybolt after its rebuilt or Helms deep.

#6) I would Like to be able to actually craft either at my house or in the housing zone. Preferably, I would like to be able to buy crafting stations that I could place either in my yard or House.

#7) Some place I can store ALL my housing decorations that are not being used. So any toon my account and server can access it. Which means removal of BOUND limits on decorations.

#8) Proper Housing decorations. Example: Housing book shelves from hybolt use Large Floor. WHO in their right mind puts 1 lone book shelf in the middle of their living room floor. so make sure the decorations have proper placement abilities. like Bookshelves against the Walls. It drives me crazy because i like the look of the hybolt book shelves but refuse to use them because i dont want them in the middle of my floor. (yes ive buged this issue many times)

#9) fair prices for any changes to housing. There is no need for greed when trying to entice customers to pay more money for turbine points and mithril coins. Keep it fun, interesting so we want to spend money. High prices just drive players away and not spend money and gives less money to the stock holders.

Thats it for now.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    The problem here is that it will depopulate other crafting areas in the game. We want to see players in areas other than max level end game and at home crafting, especially on servers where lower level players are rare. A solution would be to have better travel options from housing to nearby public crafting areas.

If anything, add something to housing that players want to do that is unique to housing, or kinship housing, something you can't find elsewhere. This used to be true for shared storage, but now that this is in the vaults the individual housing chests lost so much value (though kinship chests retained value). Also sort of helped early on when housing was the only place to get discounts on repairs/potions, at least until you earned kindred rep somewhere else.

Here are some other ideas:

- players have to help build kinship houses, and the house grows over time as it expands, with house size limited by rank of kin (ie, allow getting kinship house at rank 1 but it's small by default). Crafting can play a part here (ie, grow lots and lots of veggies to make a farm plot, dig lots and lots of ore to get Thorin's Hall room, get lots and lots of wood to make a Bree room, etc).

- tie housing area into the festivals in some way. They all have an area that seems to be intended for festive purposes.

- house pets. ... I'd rather have a dog that wanders the kinship grounds, or a cat sleeping next to the kinship chest. These make much more sense than a personal non-combat pet.

- weeds... Ya really. Basically if you ignore your house too long it starts to look a bit shabby. Cobwebs upstairs, shrews in the garden, rats in the basement, etc. But let neighbors have permission to clean up.
    These ideas in particular I like. (The others were fine too, but these are a bit more unique) I especially like the weeds/cobwebs idea. For those who aren't interested I would recommend there being a toggle on/off for this, but the idea itself has merit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000000bb6/01000/signature.png]Stephen[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Currently housing is just a limited show room style housing with limited storage. Personally I think if it or anything is part of a game it should be kept fun and useful so players would want to have something to do with it continuously. I do Relize that the current LOTRO Game coding might not make my suggestions possible or easy to do but here is what I would like to see with housing.

ild the house they like where they want.

#5) I Would like to see New Housing areas. Since both ease and west rohan are now out. I would love a ROHAN housing area. with various Mead Halls used as Kin houses. Perhaps located at Hybolt after its rebuilt or Helms deep.

#9) fair prices for any changes to housing. There is no need for greed when trying to entice customers to pay more money for turbine points and mithril coins. Keep it fun, interesting so we want to spend money. High prices just drive players away and not spend money and gives less money to the stock holders.

Thats it for now.

A
    I am Thane of Hytbold... shouldn't I be able to have a house there (even if I can only decorate the inside). I hold the deed to a house in another (still not saying where) city. Ditto. My character is from x city, yet I cannot live there (or if I am from Lorien my neighbors even feigned ignorance and shot arrows at me when I tried to return at level 60... I mean... come on... since when do elves shoot at each other to steal one another's vacant house?)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000000bb6/01000/signature.png]Stephen[/charsig]

How about a character race/gender appropriate family awaiting me when I return home with customizable integrants and appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Not sure if it's been suggested but how about adding a "Yard surface" (just like floor or wall surface inside) option outside.

You could have things like "snow surface" to change the look of your yard from grass to snowy for example.

There are lots of things you could add, rocks, overgrown grass, snow, garden, elf party (hobbit, man and dwarf too), etc...........
    Good idea on all counts!

More hooks. WAY more. Houses that aren't carbon copies of each other. Just because they are the same "size" doesn't mean they should all look essentially the same. That gets really boring.

More houses per account per server. Not only would RPers love Turbine forever if they could have more houses, but more storage is equally valuable. One house per account per server is okay if a person has only one character. But what about those with lots of alts? Do we need a fleet of banker alts just so that we can have enough storage space? We get cosmetics, decor, and goodness knows what else shoved at us from so many directions (especially festivals). Exactly where are we supposed to store this?

DROP the gold sink. It's hated by probably all except the LOTRO millionaires. This so mirrors RL economy and that needs to stop. So many come here to get AWAY from real life. We don't want to see inflation that is so bad that it looks like RL, when normal things are "easily affordable" by only the top 2%, a teeth-gnasher for the middle people, and completely out of reach and out of proportion for the bottom percentage.

More options regarding flooring and ceiling. More paints, introduce more wallpapers, etc. Some crafted, some bartered, some bought, some won (yes won, like lotteries or quests in game). We aren't asking for Sims 3, here. We are just asking for something more than the housing system that's been in place (and vastly unchanged) for years. It's time to step up the game a bit.

The houses need to be bigger. Even if players can't purchase kinship homes, there is a quest that rewards huge decor (and probably other ways to get huge decor as a part of normal questing). What will a normal member do with that? The only plots that support huge decor are kinship plots, and even they have only space enough for 1.

More neighborhoods. Perhaps not in Rohan, but why not other places like Rivendell or something? They let Bilbo live there. Why do they have to be so closed to the rest of the world? I think we've earned the right for a place there.

I'll think on this some more and come back later.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

One thing that has always bugged me is how empty the hobbit holes look even if you put in the biggest furniture you can find. I thought hobbit homes were supposed to be cluttered and cozy, instead it's a giant empty cave. i also love the idea that someone mentioned of being able to enter a door in a town and access your home or a friends, to feel like you are part of the lotr community rather being cast out to live in a far off gated area where no one has to think of you.

A good starting point would be changing up housing decorations to use the same system as Big Battles when placing barricades. You just click and drop. To rotate the item you rotate your toon.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

1. I have been busting for a Housing Update for Years! Great News!

2. HA! Take that, 'it'll never happen' Khafer! BOOM!

3. What a pointless thread. Community Manager needs to close it.

Please refer to the multiple Housing Threads in the Housing section of these Forums that have been created since 2007 for great ideas.

4. Now, as we were told in a Producers Letter January 2013 about a Housing Update - liar liar pants on fire- I shall now go back to the more practical "I'll believe it when I am pushing my 6 chairs around my breakfast table". Until then, it is just another helicopter view wish list.

Cheers
    J-RAD

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast