In no particular order
1. Free form placement or grid placement for every housing item (unlimited)
- this is the most important thing we need. We need to be able to place our stuff where ever want.
- there should be no limit to the amount of items we have in our houses. Hobbit holes can get quite cluttered with things!
- irl we all have that one corner of the house that all kinds of junk ends up, we should be able to do that in game if we choose.
2. Exterior decorating and landscaping
- I don't want my house to be the same color scheme as everyone else. Why do we all have to have the same badge / brown houses?
- allow us to paint the outside of our house, use different patterns, etc
- It would be nice to choose how We want our yards to look. From different types/shades of grass or no grass at all. Special seasonal yard skins like snowy winter, fallen leaves of autumn, dried up grass from a harsh summer, swampy yard full of puddles from too much rain, etc.
- Give us cobble stone walkways and our choice of several different types of fences for our yards.
- custom mailboxes, silly (usable) door bells or knockers, rooftop holiday decor, fun welcome mats
3. Crafting stations or hub
- why can't we grow a little pipeweed or some onions in our yards. Or have our own workbenches for those do it yourself projects.
For the love of Eru we should at least have kitchens in our homes with working ovens to make some delicious pie.
- if it's not possible give us all the ability to obtain craft stations, then at least put a hub in the town square.
- town square should have everything we need; craft hall with craft guilds, vault, auction house, and all kinds of vendors
3. More house inhabitants
- ok so we can already buy guard dogs and guard dwarves for our yard, but let's expand on that.
- Lets get more pets to hang around the house. Unlimited cats, dogs, birds, etc for inside the house. And maybe some cattle or other pets for outside.
- we are able to hire a guard dwarf (or man or rohirim) to keep our homes safe while we are away, but who does the cleaning? That's right, let get some house keeper npcs ( I prefer a hobbit maid, but all four races should be available)
4. Miscellaneous stuff
- add option to right click anyone on your friend list, and "visit [friend's] home" . (1 hour cd)
- add more neighborhood activity: various npcs fishing, dancing, children playing, perhaps a pathing mailman delivering mail around the neighborhood, etc
- add daily housing quests/deeds that give special and rare housing related rewards.
5. Wishful thinking
- dynamic neighborhoods:
-- weather May effect the condition of several houses in various ways. From a few blown over trees to broken furniture (easily repairable)
-- a small band of brigands are upto no good and decided to rob and trash several houses! You have to find them and get your stuff back and bring them to justice! But you better hurry before they make off with your stuff for good!
-- Tis the season of giving? Come home one day and be pleasantly surprised by some gifts left to you by someone. (Other players can leave small gifts for you at your door and vice versa.
-- someone has been stealing various things from you and your neighbors! But he/she wasn't very careful and has left clues behind in every house they've visited! Your neighborhood must come together and discuss all the clues they've found in each of their houses and together you all must figure out who the thief is to get your stuff back! ((Different clues will be left in other players homes and you'll need to work together to figure out who the thief is; the thief could be any npc in the game. Furthermore, any player that was stolen from would recieve an in game mail with a list of addresses that was also robbed, it's up to the players to come together and catch the thief!!))
Those are just some ideas you might be able to work with.