I have the following suggestions for the housing area:
1) A central crafting area in all housing areas, complete with every vendor needed, vault, auctioneer, and if possible even a guild hall. It would be even cooler if kinship houses would be allowed their own crafting hall, but I can see that resources may prevent that from happening. But at the very least everyone should be able to walk to the center of town, and go to the crafting area.
2) More craftable furniture. Woodworkers would be the obvious choice for some furniture, but I am also thinking metalsmith for shield displays, tailors for tapestries, cooks for (more) food laden tables, etc, jewelers can make e.g. a crown on a pedestal or necklace display on a wall, weaponsmith can make a wall mountable sword or axe, scholars can make books on stands, etc.... There should probably also be a few guilded pieces that look really awesome (but obviously cost a guild cooldown to make).
3) Mini games. Make an area where mini games can be played. E.g. you click on a chess board, and 2 players can start a game of chess. If that is a game that is too long, perhaps several other games can be implemented, such as tic-tac-toe, perhaps a small maze with a timer where you can hold races...etc. What I am thinking of really here are activities for kinship parties. If you have games or races, perhaps a kinship party can expand beyond the traditional get drunk and play music and show off your spells and fireworks kind of party, and a kin leader can actually organize contests using some of the mini-games installed. Another thought I just had are mini quests, perhaps different in each housing area. E.g. pick up a chicken egg, and bring it to the other side of the housing areas without dropping it, and without being seen by a chicken who will think you are stealing an egg, try to pick you causing you to drop the egg, etc..... silly games, really, but fun to do in a kinship, and giving us more reason to organize kinship parties.
4) Better storage. The Vault type storage was a huge improvement imho, but it should go beyond that. Next step is to implement permissions on the different tabs so kinships can lock off part of the vault for officer use, and keep others open for everyone that is a kinsman, and even if so desired for everyone.
5) Kin houses should get a wardrobe. Perhaps this could be a rank 8 reward, after you get the kinship house option itself. I am thinking a 20-slot wardrobe, in which can be placed a kinship outfit, one for males, one for females, perhaps with a few different cloak options and color schemes, and allow everyone that is a kinship member to go and apply the kinship outfit at the wardrobe in the kin house. This may also be implementable without a change to the housing though, perhaps through vault npcs where the current personal wardrobe is as well..... but I like to give the kin house a purpose, and a clickable, actual wardrobe looking piece of furniture might be cool. Such a wardrobe could also be made in such a way that a kin leader makes 2 outfit options, and you simply choose between the 2 (e.g. male, female), and it will be applied to your one "kinship outfit" slot (basically the 8th one, you don't have to buy this one though but becomes available once you are a member of a kinship). That way kinships can set an outfit, and kinnies can choose to wear it on events, etc.
6) New instruments. And i mean ones specifically for the house as furniture, such as a Piano. A minstrel can play the piano at a certain level, and can teach others at a certain level. Obviously, a piano is not a movable instrument, but could be one made by a woodworker for placement in a house.
Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.