We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Official Feedback: Inventory and Bag Space revamp Suggestions

“We think it’s time to take a new look at inventory in LOTRO and see where we can make improvements. Please share any thoughts you have on what works or what doesn’t work for you regarding inventory here.” - Kate Paiz, Executive Producer, The Lord of the Rings Online

Its a minor detail thing but it would be nice if when removing a stackable item it was always removed from the smallest stack of that type of thing in your bags. For example, if you had a stack of 12 hides and a stack of 100 hides and you crafted two hides to a piece of leather the two hides always came from the smaller stack of 12 before pulling from the full stack.

I'd just like it if I could make bigger stacks of things

I would also like less varied task items overall, so there's not so much clutter, but simply being able to make bigger stacks would go a long way

Also, if trait switching becomes more streamlined, perhaps additional armor sets as well? I always carry around two full sets of armor on my guard for tanking and dps, and it becomes quite cumbersome. The same can be said for all of the LIs I'm leveling, but I'm not how exactly to fix that without having other issues involved

oaceen guardian | oacion rune-keeper | oacao warden
    Guardian War-Steed Guide

allow to stack more. As there are some Item are the same but they dont stack togather. As also would be nice to simplify the Scrolls as is there a real need to have so manny kind, as such as decorated and Addorned. I purchased more space as was let down we dint get more space in the update when we purchased HD.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Bigger bags, profession crafted ones, that are equippable by VIPS in all slots and one slot for non-VIPS. Large stacks is nice but it doesn't stop the payer frustration of suddenly noticing that once again your packs are overflowing, loot is waiting to be claimed and you have no choice but to interrupt game play and vendor trash. Bag space is probably the single biggest annoyance in this household of players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000110593/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The single worst thing about inventory management is all the 3rd age LIs you get. I appreciate some people like to send these to alts etc. but if I dont want to do that I have to manually destroy them. Please consider switching to an exclusively barter based system like dwarf-tools and khuzdul tablets from MoM.

Secondly. It would be nice if there was a 'sell all task items' button at vendors. I realise you can mess around with locking stuff but the ability to get rid off all task items with a single click would be nice.

Thirdly. When interacting with my vault it would be nice if I could deposit all crafting items with a single click rather than having to drag stuff over. Why not have a 'deposit all' option for other items types like food, recipes, potions etc.?

*Will edit when i think of more*

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...4-HugeBag.html

Take a look at the HugeBag plugin by Habna on lotrointerface.com.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000c516/01001/signature.png]Gloilir[/charsig]

* I always have big problems organizing loot, so I'd love to have some option to Auto-Sort, labels. SortPack plugin looks great but i was unable to get it to work for me: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/full2068.jpg . It would be best if it was standard game feature.

*Bigger stacks, for ex. Pots from 20/25 to 50. Junk/task items from 50/100 to 150/200.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    “We think it’s time to take a new look at inventory in LOTRO and see where we can make improvements. Please share any thoughts you have on what works or what doesn’t work for you regarding inventory here.” - Kate Paiz, Executive Producer, The Lord of the Rings Online
    First thoughts...

The default display takes up too much screen space. Basically, I've been too lazy to do it, but I really need to write my own plugin to display my inventory in the manor in which I'd like it. I find myself hanging onto stuff that is conditionally useful, but I really need to relegate to a quickslot somewhere rather than having my intentory window open all the time. Say, quickslots that automatically take the most powerful / least powerful potion / ICMR+ICPR food / stat food / etc. from my inventory so I just have one button to click per category rather than having multiple versions of potions and food filling my screen.

I also really like the way crafting materials have been implemented in other games, where they take up less inventory space, or at least they don't compete with non-crafting materials for the same space. I understand having them be regular items is important for trading / auction hall / etc., but it would be nice if crafting materials that are part of your profession would go directly to a "crafting vault" and, when crafting, be automatically available and deducted from it as well. You'd be able to access these crafting materials from the vault-keeper for trading / auction hall / etc. if you didn't need them for your own crafting. Crafting materials that are NOT part of your profession could behave normally, so you have to manage inventory, sell off, transfer to alts, etc. as normal.
    Deus

Quote Originally Posted by stitchersflock View Post
    ... profession crafted ones...
    This, please. If nothing else. As a crafting pack rat, I would pay real money for crafting material bags and specific vaults (I know the vault can be organized, but this would still be awesome) And since we are wishing for stuff, make it a account wide, shared vault (crafting materials only) This would save me so many headaches trying to figure out which alt had what materials.

Myself personally I would like to be able to have more bags.As a profession on who makes them I'm gonna have to say the tailors.We could make a bag for crafting materials to go into,then another one that only morale,power and wound potions go into.

Quote Originally Posted by Datheor View Post
    This, please. If nothing else. As a crafting pack rat, I would pay real money for crafting material bags and specific vaults (I know the vault can be organized, but this would still be awesome) And since we are wishing for stuff, make it a account wide, shared vault (crafting materials only) This would save me so many headaches trying to figure out which alt had what materials.
    Crafting vault, shared amongst characters, would be a wonderful addition. Only thing that would make it better, would be the ability to click on an item and have it sent to the vault automatically from anywhere.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000110593/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Bigger bags, profession crafted ones, that are equippable by VIPS in all slots and one slot for non-VIPS. Large stacks is nice but it doesn't stop the payer frustration of suddenly noticing that once again your packs are overflowing, loot is waiting to be claimed and you have no choice but to interrupt game play and vendor trash. Bag space is probably the single biggest annoyance in this household of players.
    I like this idea. Bigger bags that are player crafted! Instead of a puny 15 slot bag, make them 30 slots! I do not think they should be vip only for all however (and I am vip). Maybe one free and the rest purchasable through the store for f2p?

Bigger bags, profession crafted ones, ...
    Profession crafted ones: I meant let professions craft the bags but I LOVE the idea of specific bags crafted for specific things (i.e. crafting bag, potions, reputation, etc.)

Craftable inventory bags for tailor. +5, 6,7,8,9,10 slots etc.

A huge quality of life improvement for me would be automatic drawing of items from vault when crafting, no more back and forward to the vault for the onions I forgot to pick up, or the wood I didn't realise I had come without.
    My crafting panel would open and show me all the possible items I can craft from the stocks I have already in my vault.

Some kind of craft/vocation specific vault/bag storage would also be nice, having 100 slots filled with cooking ingredients is just no fun at all, one slot with a cooking pouch in it, which in turn will hold all my ingredients would be so nice, leaving my other 99 slots free for those essential things I can't live without.

Possibly not the right forum to mention it but never miss the chance to suggest applying a stack of something rather than click one at a time, reputation items and heritage runes for example, relic combining is another that comes to mind, after all my years clicking I often wonder if I will end up looking like one of those crabs with one arm/claw bigger than the other.

In no specific order:

- unified stack size at >=100
    - use vault-like user interface (with less UI overhead though) instead of separate windows for each bag
    - reduce number of overall (junk) items
    - allow quest rewards in pending lootbag or overflow

Will probably come up with more later.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
    The same can be said for all of the LIs I'm leveling, but I'm not how exactly to fix that without having other issues involved
    How could I forget this?!? Can we remove slotted LIs from inventory completely? Basically, once I've slotted an LI, I'm not going to do anything with it ever again from my bags except equip it. If you add the ability to equip an LI from the LI screen, then boom! slotted LIs don't have to be in my bags anymore. All other LI interactions are done based on dialogs.
    Deus

If you're going to make crafted bigger bags, how about showing the woodworker community some love also (always feel slighted), and let us make chests for the housing, or vault space? I understand the changes with the update, but still it would be nice.

The ability to have cross-character vault+bag content would also help a lot.. I can understand it might not be possible to allow interaction with the content as not everyone plays alone on 1 account.. but having the ability to see what my alts have in their vault and bags would help finding out if you still have a certain item stashed away in the dark corners of that alt you only created for vault space..

Separated storage for Legendary Weapons would clean up 8 slots in my bags..

And I'm also liking the idea of crafted bags of different sizes, this could be part of the Tailor profession..

Leader of "The Gnomes" of Evernight.
    It's all about laughs and social gaming! Come join us at www.xsgamers.com!
    Recruitment is active

Re: Bag space

I would like to see better stacking and also more vaults in towns in the Rohan and beyond areas.

The one thing that annoys me about inventory and bags is when there are no free slots, but you have a quest reward or harvest material or something of that ilk to be added to a current stack in the bags. It won't let you complete the quest or harvest the item unless there is a free slot. You run around to sell/ vault or throw away something to get a free slot only to have the item added to the stack leaving you with a free slot when you didn't need to free it up in the first place. Please can you have items add to a stack within a bag without having to free up unnecessary space.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    - use vault-like user interface (with less UI overhead though) instead of separate windows for each bag
    I enjoy more the separate windows for each bag, it helps organising better the stuff inside. In first bag I got consumables and pots, second one I have instruments, third one I have LI and so on. One big window will create more mess in my opinion.

Also, we have Crafted Vault shared by alts and his name is Shared Storage. Put there all your mats and you only need to go and open shared storage. I don't think we need vaults who will anticipate what we forgot to take from them when we craft and suddenly the missing ingredient magically appears in my bags.

What I would want to have is:
    - destroy all option on pending loot
    - crafted bags. I know, it will never happens because you sell the 6th bag with 1k TP.
    - bags for vocations. Cook is what worries me. Currently my cook have almost all 6 bags full just to be able to craft the guild symbol for each tier and some lousy relics.
    - some items to be able to stack more than 5, Scroll of ages for example. More than 20 like scrolls. More than 50 like the punctured shields for example.
    - we need to unify the the HUGE list of items from store, lootboxes and so on. We got tomes of defence bound on me, on my alts, on my account, not bound and so on. A lot of place used in shared storage for those. Also some of them have 1 sec cooldown, some of them 1.5 and ofc they are not stackable.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

Legendary Item Drops

LI Drops - Separate bag or something close to the pending loot system.

Higher stacks and fewer vendor items.

Merge Button - If we have several stacks of the same item. Press a button and it merges all those stacks into the same stack.
    [LEFT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed][COLOR=Teal][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Leader:[/COLOR] [/COLOR][URL="http://www.svenskakrigare.se/"]Svenska Krigare[/URL] | [COLOR=Teal]Kvadraten - Champ[/COLOR] |[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed] [COLOR=Teal]Azolin - Guardian [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed] [COLOR=Teal]Firehazard - RuneKeeper[/COLOR] | [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed][COLOR=Teal]Executive - Captain[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Teal]Stavmixer - LoreMaster[/COLOR] |[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed] [COLOR=Teal]Jokern - Hunter[/COLOR] | [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Teal][FONT=Tahoma]Helande - Minstrel[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [COLOR=Teal][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Leader: [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=2][FONT=tahoma][URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:Followers_of_Derim"]Followers of Derim[/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][COLOR=#8B0000][FONT=Tahoma] | [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Teal][FONT=Tahoma]Derim - Burglar[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Winsum View Post
    If you're going to make crafted bigger bags, how about showing the woodworker community some love also (always feel slighted), and let us make chests for the housing, or vault space? I understand the changes with the update, but still it would be nice.
    This would be grand indeed.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast