We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: @Jinjaah

Has anyone seen the patch notes to bullroarer?

Made me lol hard when I saw our mitigations dropped insanely while MPs damage is increased to "compensate for the increase in defense with new damage types passing through physical mitigations for freeps" -- whuat?!? It seems like the devs don't even talk to each other which changes they make.

Here's the thread in which this questionable changes are discussed:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...gations-change

I am somehow just glad I can take a break from this game and play ESO. But that doesn't mean I want to leave all RKs out there on the sinking ship ;-)

EDIT: found this post of jinjaah:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...89#post7126889

I somehow understand the changes of mitigation in terms of PVE. I think it's a step in the right direction to make the game challenging again. But considering PvP especially light armour classes are more squishier than ever.

My suggestion:
    Make audacity add physical+ tact mitigation instead of -% dmg (which is useless anyway on BR because it doesn't effect orc-craft dmg) and let that only works in the moors.
    Last edited by Alluvien; Mar 21 2014 at 02:47 PM.

So many things need fixing! With the introduction of HD, imo....... So many poor design/redesign decisions. So many bad implementations of those design/redesign decisions. So many bugs. So much in the way of time, energy and resources shifted towards catering to members of the Pretty Pony Club and casuals who want a challenge-free environment so they can pick periwinkles in Mordor some day. Sad to see what's become things.

I am disappointed with the notes, so many fantastic ideas on this topic, but nobody cares about them, I think it's time for me to look forward and realize that everything has a cycle, and mine is ending, I really like a lot this game, but the feeling is of sadness today. We do not see many rune keepers now, and when I tried to do some members of my kinship creates them one of the members asked me a question. You are asking me to create a rune keeper, but what I want to know is you would create a rune keeper these days? and my answer was no: (
    After making two answers to the dev of our class, and it did not even answer, I'm giving up, I will continue playing because the only thing that keeps me in the game today are the friends I made playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alluvien View Post
    Has anyone seen the patch notes to bullroarer?

Made me lol hard when I saw our mitigations dropped insanely while MPs damage is increased to "compensate for the increase in defense with new damage types passing through physical mitigations for freeps" -- whuat?!? It seems like the devs don't even talk to each other which changes they make.

Here's the thread in which this questionable changes are discussed:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...gations-change

I am somehow just glad I can take a break from this game and play ESO. But that doesn't mean I want to leave all RKs out there on the sinking ship ;-)
    Wow!!! This thread made me come to the conclusion that the left hand has absolutely no idea what the right hand is doing. I think I might have to explore the free-to-play options. There are lots of friends I have made in this game that I wouldn't want to leave behind, but at the same time, paying a subscription to remain on a sinking ship doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

I guess we will be seeing less Rks in moors when U13 hits live, rks gonna be moor squishy after update.
    jinjaa probably has too many on his plate to fix everything but Jinjaa if you can, please fix rk class on what needs changing on survivbility and also balance rk heals to same level as other healing classes.

Remember these r just preliminary notes, things will change about balancing as Jinhaaj said or whatever his name is.

I gotten bullroarer with my LM, a squishy and found these changes helped with balancing a lot. It is not perfect but a big step in the right direction in my opinion.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Eryolan View Post
    I guess we will be seeing less Rks in moors when U13 hits live, rks gonna be moor squishy after update.
    jinjaa probably has too many on his plate to fix everything but Jinjaa if you can, please fix rk class on what needs changing on survivbility and also balance rk heals to same level as other healing classes.
    To be honest, it's probably the Minstrels (no idea how good Captain/LM healing is in U13) that need to be hit with the nerf bat more than RK healing being buffed. I would rather apply the breaks than pour more fuel on the fire, so to speak.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-EU View Post
    To be honest, it's probably the Minstrels (no idea how good Captain/LM healing is in U13) that need to be hit with the nerf bat more than RK healing being buffed. I would rather apply the breaks than pour more fuel on the fire, so to speak.
    agree completely about minstrels, BC/TS healing needs nerfing by increasing cd on both and reducing aoe on bolster courage -we've been asking since beta1. Still heard nothing from dev since November. IMO RKs heals at low levels especially 40-60, need some love-particularly if proposed stat changes to tact mit and inc damage reductions go ahead.

Captains and LMs still need a nerf bat across the board in my opinion. (Although LMs are now complaining about not handling 5 mobs in beta easily just by dpsing, they can still outheal an average rk.) Captains can still solo/heal/tank pretty much anything, anywhere.
    Last edited by Calta; Mar 24 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Unhappy

The changes in U13 do look good for overall game balance, but it is really disappointing to see that nothing has been done for RKs ...

We finally got some bugs of U12 kind of fixed, but that's all.

I think better balance of the game will reveal the bad state of the RK even more.

Too bad my main and only character is a Healer RK ...
    4-5 months waiting for something since HD but it looks like it's not gonna happen ...

Quote Originally Posted by Daiconik View Post
    The changes in U13 do look good for overall game balance, but it is really disappointing to see that nothing has been done for RKs ...

We finally got some bugs of U12 kind of fixed, but that's all.

I think better balance of the game will reveal the bad state of the RK even more.

Too bad my main and only character is a Healer RK ...
    4-5 months waiting for something since HD but it looks like it's not gonna happen ...
    While these changes will make PvE more challenging, something that should be done, the approach is poorly thought out, imo. In PvE land, landscape mobs hit for next to nothing. However, in PVMP land, a creep can hit for 8k or more on a crit. even w/ full audacity gear. Lowering mits to make PvE more challenging is going to produce some really interesting results in PvMP land. A much better approach would have been to simply increase the damage done by PvE mobs. Trying to balance things out with landscape PvE mobs that will hit you for say 800 morale, on a big hit, with creeps who can hit you for 8,000 (ten times that much) gets pretty dicey when you lower mitigations so that landscape mobs hits harder and things are more challenging in PvE land.

I have to say that compared to other clases RK is now probably the weakest class, LMs have pets to tank and buff them, not to mention a better healing than RK has when DPS-ing, Minstrels have a shiled and few heals and can play dead to survive.

Here are the problems and a few suggestions for RK's skills:

1 - make Sustaining Bolt a better healing, make it's healing to go up a lot more than now. For example out of combat it was 1527-2182, at max attunment it was 1801-2573. not even 300 morale more? there is no point in waiting to max out attunment. A good number at max attunment would be at least 4k to 6k with a 15 second cooldown, or keep the low healing and reduce the cooldown to 5 sec.

2 - While in HD beta Epic Conclusion was doing big numbers in devastate, in dps-ing just for a few minutes I got a devastate of 42k, and several of 30k+. That felt a bit over powered, and you have lowered that for the live servers. But now the problem is the opposite. Shocking Words up till now has had a bigger devastate than Epic Conclusion, about 31k for EC and 34k for Shocking Words. To fix this there is no need to buff the dmg to EC, let it stay that way, but you could add a percentage to crit/devastate when the attunment increases, like 0% bonus on no attunment and like 50 crit/30 dev when on max attunment. That would increase RKs dps and make EC again epic, not just wimpy conclusion. Numbers are not final, but I'd like to see RK do at least 5k dps on a single target, even if that is a bit lower than hunter and burglar can do. Why add a bonus to crit/dev? Simple, the skill is called Epic Conclusion and you expect it to do a lot of damage. But a lot of the times it does 3 to 5k witch is what my ceaseless argument does

3 - I like the skill Scribe a new ending, just if you could make it usable while running that would be great.

4 - Word of exaltation - it would be worth it if it was at least a 6k bubble to put on tank at the start of battle so 6k with 0 attunment because when i get to full attunment tank might be dead already. Make it 10k at max attunment.

5 - Essay of exaltation - all good, but please make the skill not a ground target but either just cast on self and add healing and bubble to all in range or cast on target aka tank and all in range of him.

That is all for now
    Please make at least some of this changes to make RK a good class again

Quote Originally Posted by LorenNell View Post
    Too bad that thread got closed due to a troll and several people responding to him

If he shows up here, please ignore him and just report him, so that this thread doesn't get closed too

Apart from that, please continue to be vocal

Has anyone else noticed the skill delay following the use of BI? It's actually so bad that I'm going to remove it from my rotation altogether which speaks wonders for a capstone skill. There is at least a two second skill delay from using BI and any other skill including non induction skills. That's at least adding two seconds to all induction based skills and adding two seconds to non induction skills. I've bugged it but was wondering if anyone else noticed it. Hopefully it can be looked at and reworked not only to be a better capstone but to not have so much of a skill delay.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ff00][FONT=comic sans ms][B]Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800080][FONT=comic sans ms][B]Amestoplease, RK [/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=comic sans ms]Ambusher, Warg
    [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff8c00][B][FONT=comic sans ms]Crickhollow[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=#ff0000][B][SIZE=4][FONT=comic sans ms]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the skill delay following the use of BI? It's actually so bad that I'm going to remove it from my rotation altogether which speaks wonders for a capstone skill. There is at least a two second skill delay from using BI and any other skill including non induction skills. That's at least adding two seconds to all induction based skills and adding two seconds to non induction skills. I've bugged it but was wondering if anyone else noticed it. Hopefully it can be looked at and reworked not only to be a better capstone but to not have so much of a skill delay.

I noticed this Amesto when I use BI, freeze the other skills, another thing they should fix is the ground targeted skills , it is annoying, and I hope they correct this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Yes, I have noticed it. I also agree with Lorennell... the ground-targeted skills are clumsy to use, and can drive someone nuts.

are rune keepers replicated version of hunter? :s

not sure if anyone has seen it, but when your rk leaves out of combat stance if does this little animation stance that puts his arrow behind his back. thats for live.
    even the attunement feels like hunter focus stuff when traited on lightening.

I thought dps rks should keep their attunement highest to maximise their dps?

/scratches his head in confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Eryolan View Post
    are rune keepers replicated version of hunter? :s

not sure if anyone has seen it, but when your rk leaves out of combat stance if does this little animation stance that puts his arrow behind his back. thats for live.
    even the attunement feels like hunter focus stuff when traited on lightening.

I thought dps rks should keep their attunement highest to maximise their dps?

/scratches his head in confusion
    You are a little late with your conclusions Since attunement is built up so fast, you can always use your "big" damage skills (SW, EC) when fully attuned, so there's not really a difference. And fire-traited you have more or less just one real consumer. (Smouldering Wrath is just reducing attunement)
    There have been many discussions about this topic in the closed beta phase (and also afterwards) but I think this system is not too bad.

But yes, I also noticed this thing with getting out of combat, when also I always thought it's a two-handed weapon I put on my back xD anyway this looks very silly and not very runekeeper like.
    Last edited by Alluvien; Mar 29 2014 at 07:11 AM.

Just decided to try out some healing! Is it just me or are there alot of bugs in this particular spec? Personally I found the Frost armor proc chance and Master of Allusions to be in a non working condition... Is there anything else? :/

And like you all said... there was some really bad skill design/implementation with this HD revamp.. For example its just ridiculous that Reavers has got a better RANGED slow option than the RK... Not to mention their ability to also remove become immune towards slow... Bring back Chilling Rhetoric to what it was pre HD.
    Last edited by D3str0yer; Mar 30 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    A For example its just ridiculous that Reavers has got a better RANGED slow option than the RK
    Reavers were in need of such a slow, so that they could catch targets to apply melee dps. One should not simply compare skills and potency's side by side to different classes, since you're comparing apples and oranges. For example: Just because you are displeased with Chilling Rhetoric does not mean that "Blade Toss" should be nerfed or that Chilling Rhetoric should be buffed to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer
    Bring back Chilling Rhetoric to what it was pre HD.
    Overall Jinjaah wanted to reduce the number of slows and the overall potency of slows in the moors with HD.

As I've said countless times, simply bringing back skills in their exact previous fashion, is not progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    Reavers were in need of such a slow, so that they could catch targets to apply melee dps. One should not simply compare skills and potency's side by side to different classes, since you're comparing apples and oranges. For example: Just because you are displeased with Chilling Rhetoric does not mean that "Blade Toss" should be nerfed or that Chilling Rhetoric should be buffed to that level.

Overall Jinjaah wanted to reduce the number of slows and the overall potency of slows in the moors with HD.

As I've said countless times, simply bringing back skills in their exact previous fashion, is not progressive.
    First of all I didnt say that Blade toss should be nerfed...

I was doing just fine on my reaver before they introduced the slow component to Blade toss, but to be fair the spider web was indeed working as intended back then.

I'm just saying I do find it odd that every single creep class has a better slow than the "Glass cannon" RK... That's all. A mere 25-30% slow would be more than sufficient.

The Fulgurite Stone,with Statically Charged, has a nice 'slow' component to it. Also a very nice rock to drop in among creeps for an AoE slow/stun.

I'm just saying I do find it odd that every single creep class has a better slow than the "Glass cannon" RK... That's all.
    I totally hear you and please don't misinterpret my motivations, I too miss Chilling Rhetoric and also think that as a "Glass cannon" RK we aren't doing well with the whole kiting ability/mobility in HD.

First of all I didnt say that Blade toss should be nerfed...
    I think you missed my point.

but to be fair the spider web was indeed working as intended back then.
    To be fair spider webbing has never been non-working as intended. It is working as intended now, just as it has in the past. The only difference is now it can be construed as less effective because there is no tail effect. But the change has always been "as intended"

A mere 25-30% slow would be more than sufficient.
    I'm assuming you know fulgarite runestone provides an AOE slow to any hostile in its radius?

I'm just saying I do find it odd that every single creep class has a better slow than the "Glass cannon" RK... That's all. A mere 25-30% slow would be more than sufficient.
    The fulgurite stone is great in many situations. However, the nerfed chilling rhetoric seems like skill bloat now. It is not a normal part of any rotation anymore for me. I do use it but only on the rare occasion that someone runs and even then it doesn't always help because the first hit breaks the slow.

To be fair spider webbing has never been non-working as intended. It is working as intended now, just as it has in the past. The only difference is now it can be construed as less effective because there is no tail effect. But the change has always been "as intended"
    Ah, If it was up to be I'd bring back the tail effect, spiders are pretty much useless at their current state imo.

I'm assuming you know fulgarite runestone provides an AOE slow to any hostile in its radius?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    The Fulgurite Stone,with Statically Charged, has a nice 'slow' component to it. Also a very nice rock to drop in among creeps for an AoE slow/stun.
    I think you overestimate the Stone, I used CR in order to either kite or hinder creeps trying to run away. The stone has other uses ofc, the stun can at the right situation be really awesome.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast