Had to pull my forum account out of retirement to post about this, haha, I would love to see some improvements to the LoTRO inventory system!
- Unified stack size. We've got 100, 50, 25, 20, 5... 100 is good for the crafting stuff, things you'd carry a lot of, Task items should go to 100 too; but the smaller things, scrolls and whatever, should all be 50 at least.
- IXP. I kind of remember a Dev/Mod saying this wasn't possible a long time ago, but... Make IXP a "Currency" like DP, or something stored in the (Premium) Wallet. It's account-bound so it only makes sense. Then add an interface to the LI window "Add Item XP" and when you click the button you get a text field, so you can add 1000 or 428437 with one click.
- IXP (2). Failing the above, reduce the number of size options of IXP Orbs, increase the stack size to at least 50, and streamline the 'apply to LI' process (not inventory related, but clicking four times per Orb x 30 Orbs is annoying).
- Tasks. Better descriptions so we know what goes where and who's looking for what. The visible item level helps, but it would still be nice to have it say "You can turn this in at 21st Hall" or something. And remove the "This is a Task item" text from all the non-task items! Also increase stack size to 100.
- Item Sorting / Position remembering. I like to keep my bags organized, this bag has my Task item, this bag has my crafting stuff, etc. I'd like to be able to set a bag to remember what it holds so new items of that type automatically go there. Or a logic system so if you have a 99 stack of ore and you mine 2 more, then the new 1 stack goes to the nearest open space next to the full stack.
- LIs. I'd love if only barter tokens dropped, which would be stored in the Wallet, and you could barter them for whatever LI, like the Moria ones. But I don't think that'll happen. So I don't know of a solution to this, but LIs take up a LOT of space when out questing, and in general piss me off, I'd love it if they could be removed from my bags some how, but can't think of how.
- Allow crafting from the bank. Running back and forth to the bank and crafting bench is not fun.
- Item tracking. This can "sort of" be achieved with an addon right now, but I'd love if it was a default (and better than the addon) thing. Basically items are tracked across the server-account and the info is displayed in the tooltip. So I have a 100 stack of Riddermark Ore on Alt1 and a 100 stack on Alt2, then 32 on Main, when I hover over some Riddermark ore all that data is listed on the tooltip. Example (taken from WoW (addon)): Pic.
- Stacking with full inventory. Right now you need at least one free space to temporarily "hold" an item until it gets stacked, so when you remove something from the Mail, or open a box in your inventory, or something, even if you have an on-going stack of that item, you still need that empty space to pick it up. Move this temporary space to the Overflow Inventory or something, but allow use to add items to stacks with a full bag.
- Housing Decorations. Take up a lot of room. It would be nice to have a "Wardrobe" like system to store them. So you can copy the pattern like a cosmetic, then when you open the hook menu in your house you have a (sortable) list of what can go there. The items never have to touch your inventory. Also make housing items Bind to Account rather than Bind to Person -- there's more to say about this, but that's moving away from inventory and into the housing revamp.
- Bind to Account. There are some things which should be locked to the character, but I think a pass should be made and everything outside of current expansion items and old armor/weapons should be looked at and possible converted to Bind to Account. I have two of the three heads from DN required for the housing item, it would be nice to be able to collect the third head on any alt and not just the one I was playing back then. For example.
- Right click. Add a modifier key or something so if you say hold Shift and RClick the item is moved to another open field, rather than Used. So you can transfer items between bags and vault without dragging, so you can post on the AH without dragging, so you can add things to the trade window without dragging... no more dragging please
- Revamp Cooking! You revamped the other lower tier crafts to be more in line with the last few expansions, but Cooking is still a total mess. On average my alts banks have 40% LIs, 20% crafting, and the rest a mix of cosmetic, housing, and other odds and ends. My cook/farmer has 80% crafting, and 20% Bound items, LIs and anything not Bound is stored on other alts because he has so many things for Cooking!
Last edited by Big_H; Dec 17 2013 at 05:05 PM.
[CENTER] Level 65 Hunter // Level 65 Warden // Level 65 Captain // Level 65 Lore Master // Level 65 Champion
Level 65 Minstrel // Level 65 Burglar // Level 65 Rune Keeper // Level 50 Guardian
[COLOR=Lime]Ongbú[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]rz Tracker[/COLOR] says, "Stop hittin' me, you slug!"