We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Allow for a way to make next level pots from two/seweral lower ones? Same for all tiered wound/fear/poison/disease cures/pots, defence/offence crolls and hope tokens?

At least we got rid of travel rations.

Something needs to be done with LI drops, too many LI in spread.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

I'd recommend having a crafting inventory that's separate from the current inventory. I've seen this utilized in GW2 and found it to be quite a nifty system. Players were able to right click on their crafting materials and have them sent to their crafting inventory that was kept separate from their actual inventory. I think this would be something LOTRO could implement and find very useful for those of us that gather and craft. You could limit the stack limit to like 500 and people would have to them go about using them or removing them from that inventory to sell. Also this could be shared across the characters on the account.

For bag space I'd recommend some sort of means to upgrade the amount of slots we have in the existing bags and allowing some items to stack more such as hope tokens, battle/defense scrolls, the various pots (wound, poison etc). If increasing the stacks isn't an option perhaps making a cure-all pot and a scroll that does both the defense and attack increases should be done. Rather than carrying six or seven different things we could just have an all in one?
    Tessariel Aerlinn of Landroval
    Elven Minstrel of Rivendell
    Member of Sons of Numenor

Well... since you ASKED...

Amalgamating and Expounding various ideas already considered:

• UI
      • The searchable fluidity of the Vault UI makes it one of the finest interfaces in the game. Do that for bags.
        • Less screen real estate if possible, maybe even the choice for layout... may as well back-port that to the Vault as well.

• Whenever I roll a new toon I re-discover that BiggerDressingRoom is not part of the official UI... and it should be.
      • The Wallet is also a good thing, keep that up.

• Mail - Let us send more than one item for Valar's sake

• Craftable bags
      • Get around Store hurdle by selling the additional SLOT(s)... and having them populate with the default bag
      • ...then allow the default bags to be upgraded on any unlocked slot

• Specialized Bags
      • Pot Bags
        • They have a slot for each type of pot
        • They don't take the place of one of your other bags.
        • The slots can be hotkeyed

• Bankable Bags
        • The ability to take an (upgraded) bag from your character and pop it into a bag slot in your vault, replacing it with a different bag (or the default if you don't have a separate bag)
        • Even if it means a 12 slot bag takes up 13 slots in my vault (12 + the bag itself), worth it for ease of swap between.

• LI Bag
        • A handy "Destroy all of this" button would be sweet

• Crafting
        • Craft from Bank, a'la GW2 is the ultimate win.
        • Craft bags as Bankable Bag, they could be substantially larger, but ONLY usable for crafting items.

• Decrapping
      • Optimized task item drops.
        • If you are going to make us grind, pick a thing: mob kills or bag cleanup... both is just cruel.
        • You could find a way to "tier" the same 5 items, like with them fancy green chevrons ya'll like to use when you're killing us with some horrible DOT.
          • Dented Codpiece stacks up to 5 and becomes a Tier 2 Dented Codpiece... Angmar needs Tier 2 Dented Codpieces... Wildermore needs Tier 32 or whatever...
            • Now I want to see a loot icon with 32 little green chevrons

• An option to "Sell All Task Items"
      • No taskless task items
      • LI Loot filtering
        • UI Checkboxes I would like to see next to AutoLoot
          • Destroy all LIs except my class
          • Destroy all LIs
          • Destroy any LXP Rune that would take more time to apply than it would to kill a random mob that would give me the same LXP
          • Screw it, just destroy any rune with a value less than [blank]

• One variations of the same damned items... not 3... or 5 or 8
        • "Yes, but THIS hope token was crafted by a Dwarf in Lorien under a FULL MOON, it is account bound and is worth 1 more silver... it is NOT the same as that common one you already own that has exactly the same stats."

• Turbine Executive Motivation: OMG LOOKIT ALL THE THINGS THAT WOULD ALLOW US TO $ELL IN THE $TORE!
      • CHARACTER Bag Slots
      • VAULT Bag Slots
      • Bags that are BETTER than crafted ones
      • Bag Recipes that are BETTER than the ones in game, or at least as good as the ones with 8345:1 drop rate on tier 2 raid bosses.
      • Various other things to make crafters of bags feel seething hate, allowing for more powerful special attacks, like "AOE Crafter Rage Quit"
      • Potion Bags could have a second row for all the $tore variants of all the potions... if the user didn't have any, it could display a golden glowing, blinking, spinning $tore icon that took you straight to the item of appropriate level.
      • Dwarf made Craft from Bank permission slip
      • You could $ELL the option NOT to receive certain types of loot (Ridiculous LXP Runes, Dented Codpieces)! That is the marketing holy grail! Pay us to NOT give you something!
      • WAIT... Brainstorm! $UMMONABLE CRAFTERS that you can buy in the store that are 1 Tier Higher than you CAN be! You give them the TP for the ingredients packs, and special $tore only recipes, and $tore only scrolls, and $tore only crit mats, and $tore only tools and they make you the item, and then get dismissed. OMG Genius.

More if I can think of it.

(ok... so that last set of points might have been ridiculous, but the bottom line is that these are HIGHLY monetize-able options if you are willing to be mildly creative, if the powers that be were focused on that sort of thing... {and it is sorta obvious that they are})

Remove the clutter from drops or have more venders

I only Landscape solo, so most of my inventory bags get filled with...hum...junk. I do not do the tasks for reputation so I sell all the goo and claws to venders. I do my own crafting or buy from auction, so almost all the weapon and armor drops get sold. I do use the quest rewards. One nice feature would be to have an option to turn off reputation tasks and just take money. If this option was checked then the task signs could be disabled. That would save me a lot of vender selling time.

I would reduce the clutter and but more venders out in the Landscape area. I do not see any reason to increase the number of bags or their size. I mean if you are out hunting all ya really need is a few potions and a weapon or two. You can only farm so much wood and/or ore.

Also, that feature of holding onto overflow inventory items in some virtual bag to be sold later works nice.

One other feature that worked nice in SWTOR (I hope that was the one) is when you are crafting what you had in your vault was included on the crafting popup window ingredient counts. Kind of a nice feature. Saved a lot of time running back and forth to the vault NPC.

I also think these feature should only be available to VIPs; Free to play people should only have limited inventory as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Bochy; Dec 17 2013 at 04:18 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001f2998/01003/signature.png]
    [/charsig][color=red]
    Alts: Sudee L53 Grd;Gusco L39 Brg;Bochster L43 Min;Gusy L43 Hnt;Gustor L41 RK[/color]

not sure if it is already said, but would be nice to have more use of the horse. Could be used as bag carrier to have more space, like in dungeon siege

or even better, make a horse and cart like gandalf comes to meet bilbo in the intro of the first lord of the rings film
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000c9651/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Don't feel like reading 3 pages of material/advice.. so not sure if it's been said already..

Allow me to view my alt's inventory that isn't in shared storage. I'm not asking for access to it, just simply be able to see what my alt has so I don't have to alt over and then realize he doesn't have it.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Quote Originally Posted by Glicanath View Post
    1. I think the biggest help would be to convert the bag system to the same interface as the vault and storage space. A single window with the ability to view all or view custom categories. Extra bag space could be purchased through the store just as we currently purchase extra bags, but it opens up the possibility of more than six bags worth. It would let us have our full inventory on screen (with scrolling) rather than cluttering our screen with multiple small windows. The custom categories would allow us to keep things organized like we do with our individual bags.

. . .
    No, please no. I must disagree with many of the suggestions here, and I don't believe these would enrich the game. Making things "easier" isn't always a good move, especially if something else is sacrificed. You can hear plenty of people complaining about many ways the game has become too easy and it has lost appeal.

I understand why people want to have a big vault-like bag, or automatically sent items to their vault from anywhere. But this is akin to wishes like, "I wish I could instantly teleport anywhere", "I wish I could carry many heaps of armour and instantly switch between them." Already so much of the charm of this game has been lost to additions of convenience. One of the things I loved about the game at first, and one of the things I always appreciated since is that you actually had five separate satchels which you carried around and you could open one at a time -- and they weren't auto-mechanized-sort-your-stuff-for-you pouches with lots of buttons and switches. You put things in, you take things out. They're pouches, and that's the extent of it, which adds a layer of realness to them. I thought it was brilliant. I though it was brilliant that even though we have quick methods of getting around, they are still treated like actual journeys. You need to take a horse from one stable to another. You need to actually have FOOD with you for travelling to a far-away destination, but now they've taken the travelling rations away.

I know everyone wishes things were easier, and stuff like actually going to a vault keeper is a pain, but it's part of the game. Remember what you need to do... plan to make a stop at a certain outpost... plan what you carry like a real adventurer would. If you start to make too many things instant, mechanized and 'easy', you will abandon the Middle Earth experience for a science fiction game, and eventually regret that.

Most things have already been mentioned, but the most important thing would be
    • let everything stack up to 100
    • less kinds of trash loot/task items
    • and an automated system for sorting through the bags, like in the inventory. It usually takes me ages to find the receipe or item I'm specifically looking for...
    • find a solution for all those LIs blocking so much space in the bags

Oh, and of course special bags for crafting stuff would be a dream come true!
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

Higher stacks.

Auto depositing of crafting and other "collectible" items like reputation. Anything not locked could be sent directly to your vault with the click of a button.

Crafting pulls directly from your vault. No need to run back and forth figuring out what you need to make what you want to make.

Yes, I took the last two from GW2 but one thing I really enjoy about that game are some of the small conveniences they put in that really make a difference. Namely these two things regarding inventory.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

I'd say my top suggestions are:
    • Profession Bags: maybe up to 3 slots (in addition to current bag slots), 1 Free, 2 for VIP/Premium, 1 Purchaseable. Each profession can buy a simple one, or craft increasingly large ones (depending on the craft they get more or less slots - for example, cook/farmers would get a lot more than anything else). In the store, for TP, you can buy a universal crafting bag as well. Also, Tailors (because they dont have much use anymore IMO, since there are gear sets usually) can craft a Universal crafting bag with like up to 1/2 - 2/3 the slots of a specific one (not including cook/farmer).
    • Increasing crafting item stack sizes: At least for farming and cooking if not all else, please make stack sizes maybe 1000?
    • Housing Chests: Housing storage chest, either upgrades or chests, that can be used/put in furniture slots. You can get them from things like Meta Deeds, TP, or even craft small ones.
    • LI drops: Make LI's either have their own bag, when not slotted, or make Barter Items drop to save space. You can have like "Warped Eorlingas Weapon Scrap", and one for each tier, and we can trade those in with our class vendors, because we have so little use for them now, and use them to buy any 3rd age LI, of any level that fits the Barter Item, for 1 or more Barter Items.
    • Crafting access: Assuming crafting facilities can be put in houses, and not just outside or at neighborhood centers, let us have remote access of our housing chest(s) from anywhere in the house w/ the click of a button. Also, make it so if you have a buff for being close enough to the chest, it will let you use stuff directly from the housing chest, and you can select if you want it to be crafted directly into the chest. Also, as said above, remote use of crafting materials in storages overall would be amazing, as would the ability to craft into any inventory we own/have access to on the player.
    • Search bars: Better, non-seperate-window'ed search area for all GUIs.
    • Categorizations of bags: Ability to set "prefered" or "restricted" locks on what a bag can accept. You can search through a database to select all (except hidden behind deeds or rare loot) items that you want to go in a bag, or just use overall categories like Crafting, Consumables, LI's, Equipment, Etc. Prefered= will fill in only the stuff selected, unless there's no other space for other items, but other things are pending- at this point, they will go into a prefered bag. Restricted will only accept items that are selected. Selectable sizes of bags would be very hard I imagine, without adding a vault-like system, so I dont really request that, but it could be nice.
    • Tasks: Make task items simpler. Perhaps one for animals, one for humanoids, one for spirits, and one for trees/trolls. Or just 1 for each level range. Stacking to 100 or 1000 would be appreciated
    • Huge Bag vs. Multi Bags: I would like a built in option to choose either a vault-like system for bags (I would use this on vault alts, but not combat people), the bags we have now, and maybe a few other designs. Plugins work fine usually, but being built-in is always nice.
    • Seeing Alt Inventory: Again, plugins can do this, but an official version that could add more syncing and links and whatnot would be incredible for keeping track of alt items. Also, seeing Houses, Kin Houses, and any houses that we have permissions for (if possible) would be lovely. Each with their own tab, each loaded only when clicked. And an overall page that lets us see everything from everywhere (configurable). All with a search bar.
    • More Tabs: More (infinite?) sorting tabs in Vaults
    • Quick item movement: Ability to (shift+right click) the source(i.e. not like drag and shift, but shift and click) of a stack and instantly transfer it to either the open or Main tab of a vault, and likewise when taking out.
    • Quick mass item movements: Ability to remove all items in a tab at once, with a right click option, or shift click of the tab’s title
    • Neighborhood vault access: Free or TP purchase for permanent remote access of vault/shared storage/wardrobe/escrow/housing storage in all housing neighborhoods (open-able with an alert link)
    • Character Slots: Not entirely related, but for storage alts it is: Unlock/raise cap of Extra Character Slots you can buy to 25, at least (I would buy any I could get). (I assume it’s a problem with server storage/transfering capacity currently, if that is the problem, then I suppose it’s fine)
    • More space: Remove or raise all limits of Storage, Shared Storage, and Wardrobe upgrades. (again I assume it’s a problem with server storage/transfering capacity currently, if that is the problem, then I suppose it’s fine. If not, why not? this can make a lot of money.)
    • Extract Wallet Items: Somewhat random, but please let us extract items in the wallet into our inventory through drag+shift+drop, like the split stack command. There are several items that are non-bound that get bound to your account with Premium Wallet (can't name since I've had it for so long, but I recall some); since they added coin currency, this could be extracted in those quantities as well, w/o need of vault keeper.
    • Mail Improvements: Let us send BtA items to our alts, and send more than 1 item (VIP buff...?; cap at ~10) if at all possible.
    • Draw from smallest stack: for crafting/consuming items. Or make it an option, keep old system and add new. OPTIONS ARE GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by thewordofzod View Post

• Specialized Bags
      • Pot Bags
        • They have a slot for each type of pot
        • They don't take the place of one of your other bags.
        • The slots can be hotkeyed

• Bankable Bags
        • The ability to take an (upgraded) bag from your character and pop it into a bag slot in your vault, replacing it with a different bag (or the default if you don't have a separate bag)
        • Even if it means a 12 slot bag takes up 13 slots in my vault (12 + the bag itself), worth it for ease of swap between.

• LI Bag
        • A handy "Destroy all of this" button would be sweet

• Crafting
        • Craft from Bank, a'la GW2 is the ultimate win.
        • Craft bags as Bankable Bag, they could be substantially larger, but ONLY usable for crafting items.

Why not a Fishing/Hobby bag as well. You just get it to start with and can do a quest every 50 Fishing levels or something to get 5/10 more slots (start with 10, goes up to 30/50. why not?).
    I'd also like a small Quest Item inventory (10/15 or so slots, then will overflow into main bags) in the quest log so that I dont have to worry about those.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Dec 17 2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Ah, I've been fighting with my inventory for five and a half years. If there were a deed for time spent dealing with bag space, I would have completed the Advanced tier ages ago.

There have been a lot of great improvements over the years...bigger stacks, extra bags, the barter wallet, reduction in the number and types of trash items that drop, recipes dropping as stackable scrolls rather than single recipes, elimination of crafting components, and many many others. However, my inventory is just as bad as it ever was. Here are a few pain points that still exist and possible solutions.

1. Legendary item legacy scrolls: There are two problems with these: First, they come in too many different level restriction varieties. Why do I have to have the same legacy with maximum levels of 70, 79, 80, 89, etc.? Either come up with a sensible way to set the max level OR remove the level cap completely. Second, they don't stack EVEN if they are exactly the same. Please, let them stack.
    2. Store item spam: From hobbit gifts, loot boxes, etc. Yeah, I know they are free samples for us to get hooked on so we will buy them from the store. I don't need enhanced XP. I don't need to run faster. I don't need my horse to run faster. By the time I find the universal healing potion in my bag, I won't need it any more. Please stop. Either that or give me some counseling so I feel better about just trashing them.
    3. Farming and cooking: This is a tough one because part of the fun of cooking is making plausible foods with the abundant variety of fruits and vegetables we can grow, along with the goodies from the store. However, my farmer/cook is completely unplayable because her bags and vault are filled to the brim with crops, unpacked fruits and veggies, pie crusts, stock of every variety, various jams and jellies, etc. As much as I hate to say it, the components have to go. Yes, it makes sense to make a pie using a pie crust and some apple pie filling, but I won't lose much immersion if you tell me to use butter, flour, apples, and some cinnamon. Along the same lines, now that all crafting facilities are superior, there is no longer the need for the annoying travel back and forth between MD and Hobbiton to do some farming when you run out of something. You can just take a few steps over to the MD farmland. In addition, it would be feasible to replace the current crops with the actual finished product. You are only getting a 2:1 space saving at the higher tiers anyway, so keeping them in crop form isn't even as useful as it used to be. I know this would not be a popular change for farmer/cooks who are used to storing large quantities of produce in crop form, but I think it would help. In my case I'm slowly working on unpacking and selling my overabundance of fruits and veggies on the AH, but it is a slow process.
    4. Better organization for items in bags: Again, this is somewhat immersion breaking, but it would be nice to have our bags appear vault-style. I try to organize my bags with similar items together, but inevitably I end up with my bag of crafting items overflowing into my bag of LIs, and trash loot mixing in with my consumables. It would be nice to be able to organize them into categories of varying size.

Also, to steal an idea from DnD: scroll and potion cases.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Sonsy 85 Hunter[/COLOR];[COLOR="#008000"] Lodellee 85 Minstrel[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#B22222"]Bellamee 85 Guardian[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#006400"]Tennac 84 Champion[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#DAA520"]Sunnwyn 78 Captain[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#cccccc"]Missgrey 76 Lore-master[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0000FF"]Pwnie 55 Burglar[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#996633"]Meowzen 48 Warden[/COLOR];[COLOR="#EE82EE"] Elsbetha 12 Rune-keeper[/COLOR]
    [B]Leader[/B] - Protectors of the Free [I]and [/I]Free of the Protectors - Firefoot

Ok, some more ideas:

- replace all items that have no function (e.g. task items without associated task) either directly with currency or a generic "loot" item
    - item search function that searches through all available inventories (bags, vault, shared storage, house chest, wardrobe, alt bags, alt vaults)
    - (better) sort/filtering options on vendors
    - better interface for locking that minimizes the chance for misclicks and can be accessed without a vendor (and no, the mentioned workaround doesn't count)
    - similar to vendor-locking, an option to mark items as not-for-use
    - feature to save a second gear setup somehow
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Had to pull my forum account out of retirement to post about this, haha, I would love to see some improvements to the LoTRO inventory system!

• Unified stack size. We've got 100, 50, 25, 20, 5... 100 is good for the crafting stuff, things you'd carry a lot of, Task items should go to 100 too; but the smaller things, scrolls and whatever, should all be 50 at least.
    • IXP. I kind of remember a Dev/Mod saying this wasn't possible a long time ago, but... Make IXP a "Currency" like DP, or something stored in the (Premium) Wallet. It's account-bound so it only makes sense. Then add an interface to the LI window "Add Item XP" and when you click the button you get a text field, so you can add 1000 or 428437 with one click.
    • IXP (2). Failing the above, reduce the number of size options of IXP Orbs, increase the stack size to at least 50, and streamline the 'apply to LI' process (not inventory related, but clicking four times per Orb x 30 Orbs is annoying).
    • Tasks. Better descriptions so we know what goes where and who's looking for what. The visible item level helps, but it would still be nice to have it say "You can turn this in at 21st Hall" or something. And remove the "This is a Task item" text from all the non-task items! Also increase stack size to 100.
    • Item Sorting / Position remembering. I like to keep my bags organized, this bag has my Task item, this bag has my crafting stuff, etc. I'd like to be able to set a bag to remember what it holds so new items of that type automatically go there. Or a logic system so if you have a 99 stack of ore and you mine 2 more, then the new 1 stack goes to the nearest open space next to the full stack.
    • LIs. I'd love if only barter tokens dropped, which would be stored in the Wallet, and you could barter them for whatever LI, like the Moria ones. But I don't think that'll happen. So I don't know of a solution to this, but LIs take up a LOT of space when out questing, and in general piss me off, I'd love it if they could be removed from my bags some how, but can't think of how.
    • Allow crafting from the bank. Running back and forth to the bank and crafting bench is not fun.
    • Item tracking. This can "sort of" be achieved with an addon right now, but I'd love if it was a default (and better than the addon) thing. Basically items are tracked across the server-account and the info is displayed in the tooltip. So I have a 100 stack of Riddermark Ore on Alt1 and a 100 stack on Alt2, then 32 on Main, when I hover over some Riddermark ore all that data is listed on the tooltip. Example (taken from WoW (addon)): Pic.
    • Stacking with full inventory. Right now you need at least one free space to temporarily "hold" an item until it gets stacked, so when you remove something from the Mail, or open a box in your inventory, or something, even if you have an on-going stack of that item, you still need that empty space to pick it up. Move this temporary space to the Overflow Inventory or something, but allow use to add items to stacks with a full bag.
    • Housing Decorations. Take up a lot of room. It would be nice to have a "Wardrobe" like system to store them. So you can copy the pattern like a cosmetic, then when you open the hook menu in your house you have a (sortable) list of what can go there. The items never have to touch your inventory. Also make housing items Bind to Account rather than Bind to Person -- there's more to say about this, but that's moving away from inventory and into the housing revamp.
    • Bind to Account. There are some things which should be locked to the character, but I think a pass should be made and everything outside of current expansion items and old armor/weapons should be looked at and possible converted to Bind to Account. I have two of the three heads from DN required for the housing item, it would be nice to be able to collect the third head on any alt and not just the one I was playing back then. For example.

Edit:
    • Right click. Add a modifier key or something so if you say hold Shift and RClick the item is moved to another open field, rather than Used. So you can transfer items between bags and vault without dragging, so you can post on the AH without dragging, so you can add things to the trade window without dragging... no more dragging please
    • Revamp Cooking! You revamped the other lower tier crafts to be more in line with the last few expansions, but Cooking is still a total mess. On average my alts banks have 40% LIs, 20% crafting, and the rest a mix of cosmetic, housing, and other odds and ends. My cook/farmer has 80% crafting, and 20% Bound items, LIs and anything not Bound is stored on other alts because he has so many things for Cooking!
    Last edited by Big_H; Dec 17 2013 at 05:05 PM.
    [CENTER] Level 65 Hunter // Level 65 Warden // Level 65 Captain // Level 65 Lore Master // Level 65 Champion
    Level 65 Minstrel // Level 65 Burglar // Level 65 Rune Keeper // Level 50 Guardian
    [COLOR=Lime]Ongbú[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]rz Tracker[/COLOR] says, "Stop hittin' me, you slug!"
    [/CENTER]

1. Get rid of legendary item drops. Have a stackable barter item drop instead (like Khuzdul Tablets).

2. Lower the variety of task items. I'd say four task items for each 10 levels should be sufficient. Not only will this reclaim bag space, but you won't be faced with 20+ task quests when you click a task board.

3. Create a "crafter's satchel" after the style of the barter wallet for raw materials and crafting components. Its contents should be available to all characters on the account. There should also be a way to pull items out of the satchel and back into your inventory bags.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Honestly too much time is spent trying to develop crazy mechanics for bags that's really unnecessary. Nothing is more annoying than trying to use a search function or scrolling in bags when I just want a big block of all my stuff to be there for me to move it around and put it wherever I want and where I can remember.

The only thing that's really going to create an impact is more space and even then there's an argument to be made that less bag space makes it more important to actually make decisions about what to carry and what you can loot. I'm a huge pack rat, if you give me more space I will use it, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

Other than that, the most interesting suggestion so far is integrating tailoring/crafting with bags. It would be nice to see crafting as a part of the inventory system if for no other reason than it makes crafting more worthwhile (disregarding the fact that tailoring/armorsmithing already seem to be the top professions right now with the superiority of HD crafted armor)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000000a2d6/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Separate account-wide shared storage for my newly(ish) BOAccount IXP runes would be fantastic, as well as increasing stack size to 100 for them.

Perhaps make it with a drop down menu similar to the clothing drop-downs where we could choose what size/amount rune we could select?
    That would make it much easier when grinding LI's for legacies to quickly grab the stacks we need for the right level.

I also like the previously mentioned idea of designating certain bags to hold certain types of materials and drops automatically. A task mat bag, crafting mat bag, recipe scroll bag, ect..
    Even if it ends up overflowing into non-designated bags, it'd be nice to have a little more control over the inventory system like that. My bags all end up sorted like that anyways, a little assistance in that would help me when doing mid-run clean-up on my bags.

/signed for Woodworker being able to craft house space or other beneficial items that are usually reserved for the cash shop.

Also, I miss my sig, *see below*

WholesomeBurrito - Defiler. Killamanjaro - Warleader. Hagges - 85 RK (retired)
    Plethora of noncapped alts and other monster characters

Quote Originally Posted by Faengalith View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Glicanath
    1. I think the biggest help would be to convert the bag system to the same interface as the vault and storage space. A single window with the ability to view all or view custom categories. Extra bag space could be purchased through the store just as we currently purchase extra bags, but it opens up the possibility of more than six bags worth. It would let us have our full inventory on screen (with scrolling) rather than cluttering our screen with multiple small windows. The custom categories would allow us to keep things organized like we do with our individual bags.
    . . .

No, please no. I must disagree with many of the suggestions here, and I don't believe these would enrich the game. Making things "easier" isn't always a good move, especially if something else is sacrificed. You can hear plenty of people complaining about many ways the game has become too easy and it has lost appeal.

I understand why people want to have a big vault-like bag, or automatically sent items to their vault from anywhere. But this is akin to wishes like, "I wish I could instantly teleport anywhere", "I wish I could carry many heaps of armour and instantly switch between them." Already so much of the charm of this game has been lost to additions of convenience. One of the things I loved about the game at first, and one of the things I always appreciated since is that you actually had five separate satchels which you carried around and you could open one at a time -- and they weren't auto-mechanized-sort-your-stuff-for-you pouches with lots of buttons and switches. You put things in, you take things out. They're pouches, and that's the extent of it, which adds a layer of realness to them. I thought it was brilliant. I though it was brilliant that even though we have quick methods of getting around, they are still treated like actual journeys. You need to take a horse from one stable to another. You need to actually have FOOD with you for travelling to a far-away destination, but now they've taken the travelling rations away.

I know everyone wishes things were easier, and stuff like actually going to a vault keeper is a pain, but it's part of the game. Remember what you need to do... plan to make a stop at a certain outpost... plan what you carry like a real adventurer would. If you start to make too many things instant, mechanized and 'easy', you will abandon the Middle Earth experience for a science fiction game, and eventually regret that.
    I think a hugely important part of mechanic updates, at least visual ones, are to give options. So if they do something like this, PLEASE let us pick in out options panel. Some other things like Alerts would have been a nice thing to have an option for.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    The single worst thing about inventory management is all the 3rd age LIs you get.
    That's a big one for sure. But overall we're getting more junk in the bags. Have a 6th bag now plus the auto-loot overflow container and yet overall I have to sell stuff off sooner than I did a couple years ago. Problem is a lot of that junk can be a bit useful... As in:

- junk from hobbit presents; that's taking a huge amount of space as these are things that might be useful sometime like run speed buffs, defense/offsense scrolls, etc. At this point I am destroying this stuff immediately as I get it. Overall these feel like "here's a free sample" to get me hooked on the store.
    - legendary items; lots and lots of drops but never for my class. Can't destroy them as I need the relics.
    - additional crafting mats for all alts; I would throw this stuff away but rep for crafting is so expensive now I need to keep all I find until I can get to a vault.
    - "store" items that don't stack with normal versions; ie, used to just have one stack each of heal & power potions and now there are the restore-over-time variants and universal pots, etc.
    - Identical items that do not stack. Seriously. Some of these are from hobbit presents too. Same item name, same item effects, same text everywhere, and yet I'll have a stack of 2 and a stack of 3 which won't merge.

Seriously this is more storage than I ever had in WoW and for a few years it was luxurious. Now it's clogged up even though my game play has not really changed. We don't need more bags, we need less junk.

Another major problem:
    - Lower level instances dropping too much ####; Moria, Carn Dum, etc. What used to be shared amongst a full fellowship is now given to everyone. Which means that even when I'm in a full group in Carn Dum we have to stop after each boss just to sell off stuff. In the Rift where the run back is too long it's standard to just throw away junk.

After consulting with my minstrel and my burglar, I've come bearing their suggestions:

1. Taskless task items--most of these drop in Lothlorien and Mirkwood--add taskboards there and make those items useful. Kill any that aren't going to be useful anywhere.

2. Crafted items that aren't from single-use recipes should be stackable--crit'ed items in one stack, non-crit'ed in another. If it doesn't have a naming option, they should be stackable.

3. End stack limits for craft items in the vault. This is especially important for crafting professions (cook and scholar) that require a wide variety of different materials.

4. Please, no more multiple copies of quest items in pending loot!!!!!! My two ladies were very emphatic about this. It's like the LOTRO version of "Here, honey--put this in your purse for me," over...and over....and over...and over...and over...and so on. Seriously! It's not even logical that every orc in the Lone-Lands would have the same pendant or necklace or that every single warg in the North Downs would have the same heavy iron collar. I can't speak for anything past Mirkwood yet, but the two regions I just mentioned and the wolves in Ered Luin are notorious for this problem. Surely a drop by one mob can trigger a code that stops the remainder of killed mobs from dropping the same quest item for a player. It's aggravating to get the pending loot limit warning and discover that 43 out of the 50 items in the bag are copies of a single quest item.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchersflock View Post
    Profession crafted ones: I meant let professions craft the bags but I LOVE the idea of specific bags crafted for specific things (i.e. crafting bag, potions, reputation, etc.)
    They had this in WoW and I absolutely hated it. It was another thing that divided players into rich and poor. The rich could afford the bags and the poor could not. These were some of the most highly desirable items, which meant that cloth was one of the most highly desirable items, which meant the price of everything using cloth was through the roof. It meant that players who used the auction house and understood it were well off financially while those who just wanted to play the game could not even afford basics like mounts.

This was before lotro started so it may have changed, but it was an awful system. And I liked this game when I came because I had more bag space by default than I had in WoW at max level.

I went through all the postings on this thread. Things I strongly agree with:

1) Stackabillity. 5% Run Speed Boosts, for example, should be stackable, no matter how acquired. Why can't Loot Boxes stack? Increasing stack size on most items would be a great help.
    2) IXP Runes: I like being able to give those I just picked up to others. But an option with the Forge/Relic Masters to convert these items to an account-wide wallet entry would be a godsend.
    3) Task Items: I don't mind collecting them, carrying them, turning them in at boards, passing them to alts, and eventually, selling them for trash. I do mind having to look them up in the Wiki to see where they are applicable, if at all. I especially hate discovering that some are not truly task items. More explicit labeling would probably help a lot.
    4) More account-wide sharing in the wallet. Or, a way to remove things from the wallet so I could send it to an alt. So much of it gets wasted by each character as they outlevel it.
    5) Being able to see what is in my alts bags and vaults would be a wonderful convenience.

Other comments:
    1) I love the search feature in the vaults but I doubt I really need one in my bags since I always open all of them and can see what's there.
    2) Please put vaults in more towns. I spend a lot of time returning to towns with vaults.
    3) I was delighted to see that you have increased the number of vault slots available for purchase again. Most of my TP goes to vault space (and shared storage).
    4) Specialized bags (crafting, potions, etc) would certainly be an opportunity for the store.
    5) Most of the reason that I spend so much TP on vault space is because I hang onto so much stuff. It's really my own fault. However, a trophy case in the house for memorable but now useless stuff would be a real treat.

* the LI drops how about you make a LI specific bag or make barter items that drop that u can barter for the right LI for classes so it does not clog your inventory
    * a inventory like GW2 where it puts crafting materials in a seperate bag sepearte from your main inventory
    * also let tailors make bags maybe let the top tier craft 50 slot bags for example
    * potions,crafting lore,battle and warding lores, hope tokens all should stack to 100
    * seperate inventory for potions,battle and warding lores, hopes tokens should have a seperate bag

Quote Originally Posted by oj009 View Post
    The one thing that annoys me about inventory and bags is when there are no free slots, but you have a quest reward or harvest material or something of that ilk to be added to a current stack in the bags. It won't let you complete the quest or harvest the item unless there is a free slot. You run around to sell/ vault or throw away something to get a free slot only to have the item added to the stack leaving you with a free slot when you didn't need to free it up in the first place. Please can you have items add to a stack within a bag without having to free up unnecessary space.
    1) This!!!!! I hate having to destroy something in order to create a free spot to finish a quest just to have the quest rewards added to an existing stack!

2) I also agree with a previous posted about all the 3A LI's that drop being an issue. I would like to see unidentified LI's stack, or better yet, have LI drops be in a "box" or "wrapping" or something that stack, then when you get to the Forge Master/Relic Master they unwrap the LI's and you see what class, weapon, and legacies they have. Whatever the solution, I would like to see less bag space taken up by LI's. I like the (semi-new) way recipes are done in scrolls so they don't fill up your bags while questing, holding on to them to send to an alt.

3) Another thing that would help would be if used LI's (those that you are leveling but not using) all went into your LI panel instead of in your bags still.

4) My cook would like some solution to all the varied ingredients and supplies needed to cook. That doesn't mean you have to simplify cooking, I think people like the complexity, but my lvl 75 hunter is my cook. He doesn't have enough vault and bag space to keep cooking/farming mats AND quest. (I like having enough stuff on hand to be making guild rep items of several tiers when the CD is up, which fills up the vault pretty quick!)

5) I know there is wardrobe space to purchase, and I have done that, but I find it's not really worth maintaining my wardrobe because each piece takes a slot. That means one whole outfit takes up 7 slots! I wish there was a way to put together items as an "outfit" that takes one slot. (I also need to dump all my old cosmetic pieces I've been hanging on to in case I want to use them in the future.)

6) I find that when I'm looking for inventory items, I'm always opening up all my bags at once with "I." I'm not sure what the purpose is for having multiple bags if you can't control what goes in which bag? You have to open them all anyway to find things.
    Officer in Windfola's House of Blackrock: a great, casual kin of people who play a lot. [url]http://hobonline.org[/url]

My summary of previous posts and comments

Yes, please PLEASE pull from the smallest stack when using something - conversely, when obtaining items, add to the largest - no need for a merge in either case that way.

I like the idea of adding "gear" slots to spec trees, as well as the notion of any LI's that are slotted are "there" instead of in your bags.

All items stack to the same size stack, not some at 100, some at 50, some at - well you get the idea.

It would be nice if Suppliers had a Vocational filtering option, scrolling through the entire list to find that one woodworker item (yes I know, there is a search, but if you're buying a bunch of different woodworker items. . .)

The sorting of common and below is only useful for selling trash, as when you select uncommon, it still shows common - separate those so you can select, common only, rare only, etc.

OMG a crafting vault! Especially for things like hides and ores that are shared across vocations.

Yes, add to available stacks if the bags are full.

When splitting stacks, the option to "split out all" would be grand, esp for AH purposes - there really is nothing more annoying than splitting out 1 item at a time, or perhaps "split into stacks of X"

Personally I use HugeBag so sorting my bags isn't much of a problem, but the ability to auto-sort - either alphabetically, by tier, or by level would be nice. I do like the idea of a "vault" type Bag system, much like what they did with they housing chests.

The ability to access Housing chests from a Vault-Keeper would be outstanding.

Thanks - UMP

the only way i can agree with crafting vault is if its shared across the whole account

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast