We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Chance to win Turbine points in festivals

Such great ideas here by everyone. If Turbine adopted even one of these suggestions it would make the festivals more fun! I personally would like to see more chances to get Turbine points in the festivals. The winterfest one seems to be the only one to give out Turbine points. The theatre was VERY popular!!! Group events was not that great. I had a hard time finding people to do the snowball fight. Giving out either Turbine points or random loot will encourage more people to take part. I would also like to see more frequent mini events, perhaps over the weekend? Thank you.

Wink Dresses

I am all about the dresses. Make them pretty, intricate, plain, bold, whatever - make them awesome and dye-able. I would love to see an armoured gown - chainmail breastplate, flowing skirts, combat boots, chainmail gloves or leather bracers, (no shoulder guards please) - awesome.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000016d8e0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Spring: How about a cookie baking contest? Go on a scavenger hunt to find your ingredients, then play a minigame instance to bake and decorate your cookies. Have them be judged at the end of the day, and the winner gets a plate of cookies to carry around. I'd love to see more outdoor wicker furniture from this. As well as more flower related items (different types of circlets and bouquets you can hold.)
    Summer festival: How about the horse races being timed? At the end of the day whoever has the shortest time to complete per server wins a special horse (with WS gear to boot). As for general rewards, maybe different sun hats and picnic blanket outdoor items, as well as more sleeveless dresses.
    Fall festival: How about making a 'ghost town' instance area, like Winter-Home is for the yule fest? You could go trick-or-treating within this town, using the candy to barter for special items. (such as 'rotting' furniture, grave yard items or spooky cosmetics).
    Yule festival: I'd like to see more housing items so that characters can 'decorate for yule'. A fireplace with stockings, decorated trees for the front yard, snowflake rugs/draped tables and so on.
    Farmers fair: How about vegetable growing contests? And items such as baskets of bread/cheese/carrots, wagons full of produce for your yard, or cubbords stocked full.
    Last edited by Rathrilwing; Feb 12 2014 at 07:53 PM.
    [B]Crickhollow:[/b] Evandriel, Elgilleth, Rathrilwing,
    [B]Landroval:[/b] Lelyaruivë [Fueled by Rum and Spite], Dalflen , Zanyadel
    [B]Laurelin: [/b] Silmacalë
    [B]Creeps: [/b] Landroval: Ellianakh (warg), Ellianokh (defiler), [Rage Against the Freeps]

I have been playing the Lord of the Rings Online ever since it went free to play back in September 2010. As the name suggests I am a fan of the festivals that the game has to offer because they give me a break from normal questing, crafting, and deeding but still give me an excuse to play and enjoy the game. Sadly, the thrill of a festival's arrival has started to dwindle over the years as they have become too familiar and/or limited.

I want to apologize in advanced if other people have already posted similar suggestions:

1.) If we are limited to doing a festival quest once every 24 hours give us variety! Change the quests available daily like with Hytbold dailies. This way we aren't burnt out doing the same ones over and over for a week or two to get our rewards.

2.) For the past couple of festivals I have noticed that a dress option is no longer available, just a robe and a hooded or hood-less cloak. Is creating a new cosmetic item for each festival throughout a year too much? If so why not design an entire set for the year and offer a different piece or two across the festivals. That way at the last festival of the year you can finish your set and your goal for those of us that like a challenge and don't mind waiting for a payoff. War-steed cosmetics could be included as well.

3.) Include more craft related quests to the festivals. Farmer's get to plant mushrooms during Summer festival for a reward at the Harvest festival so why not give other professions a chance at crafting to earn a reward, too?

4.) I know tag and freeze tag are available all year long so they might not technically count as festival related but it would be nice to have them marked on the map so other players can locate them and know they are a real part of the game? I can't tell you how many times people thought I was lying about having a freeze tag zone in Bree.

Eh, that is all I can think of for now I might come back and edit this later.

I ***love*** festivals!!!!

I am a festival junkie!!! I ***LOVE*** them!!! But there are several things that bother me...

One is that the quests don't change. Could u make up some new quests for all of them, and then rotate them every 3 years or something to keep them fresh for us? Doing the same thing every year is static, and makes it hard to keep the excitement going.

Next, I believe it is the summer fest (with the drinking/food races). That fest is so stinkin' hard to get tokens for!!!!!!!!! WAY too hard!!! Many other fests give u gobs easily, but spending 13 hours in a day at the races to try to pick winners to get only a few tokens is rotten!!! And I did spend an exorbitant amount of time at them trying to get tokens for my 8 characters, but when all was said and done, I think only one or two of them had enough to buy the 300 items needed for the skill deed *sigh*. And as a result, I am dreading it this year :'(

Thirdly, could u plz fix it so that when we are in a fellowship, and we are collecting items at the fests, we don't have to click on the items to claim them? Ie. flowers we pick, snowballs, etc.

Fourthly, could u plz change the amount of mithril coins u are requiring to repeat a festival quest to one? It is just too expensive to use them to repeat quests the way they are now. I would gladly spend 10 mithril coins on 10 more tries to get a striped egg, but not on only two tries.

Fifthly, it would be so fantastic if u could give us more than one new cosmetic outfit/steed (like the yule fest steeds in 2012) at each fest? I am crazy about cosmetics too!! And am pretty disappointed that Lalia's market and the mannequins are just reusing cosmetics that u already have in other areas of the game So the only place to get "new" stuff is festivals. Hence, having like 3+ new outfits per fest would be grand! U could also then make more cosmetic vault space available too... Then u guys would make more money It would be a win/win!!

And I don't know what thread to post it, so I will post it here. In relation to cosmetics, I love that u gave us walnut brown dye with Helm's Deep!!! Could u please give us some for the Westfold and Eastemnet tiers too? Soooo many are on the Supreme tier that u can only get 5 every 18 hrs... maybe u could adjust those so that they are broken to the next highest tier to make in 5's like u did with the rest of the lvls, and just give us one new color for Eastement? I also am thrilled that different cosmetics dye to different strengths of color Great thinkin' there!

I would soooo enjoy seeing a new fest every month to two months!!! I know a lot of ppl can't stand them, and that's okay... they don't have to attend But it is so much fun for so many of us to go to them and get new cosmetics and steeds, and skill deeds as well as home items, and other goodies!!

Also... ***GREAT THINKING*** to so many of u that have posted previously on ur ideas for new fests and events!!! Boy oh boy, so much creativity!!! I hope LOTRO follows up on them!

I haven't read through all of these yet, so I apologize if this has already been suggested but...

Would it be possible to add more plays to the Theatre event in Winterhome, to put on at random? Just the one about Bilbo's birthday party is a lot of fun, but it can become a bit monotonous after a few years, even for a Winterhome Theatre diehard like me X3

Apologies if these ideas have been already suggested as I cant be bothered to check through all the pages.

Event 1 - Horsing Around
    ----------------------------

You could have hobby horse races in the homeland cities. Different horse racing areas (probably instanced) and have proper races where you race each other like the horse races used to be. Also you could have a horse race with betting, like the dwarf & hobbit races, this time they would be on horses. Rewards could be mount & warhorse related and maybe a housing garden object which is a stable where we can choose what cosmetics the mounts can show from the ones we collect in-game (eg. rep horses).

Event 2 - Painting Festival
    -----------------------------

Had this idea years ago, just never got round to suggest it.
    How this will work is that you need to get to a special point in the landscape. Then a message 'The view in the east direction would make a nice painting' or similar would appear. Then paint.
    This would be a hobby skill and could be used outside the festival, like fishing. The pictures painted could be taken to a framer and then the picture would become a housing wall object. The festival would be quests that lead you to the areas to be painted, the normal hobby would be no help whatsoever and you will stumble across them by accident (or from websites that will no doubt list the locations).
    You could have other painting related quests for the festival but I cant think of any atm.
    Also you could have deeds of locations in each zone to find.

Event 3 - English Crazy Sports Event (Title to change)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

As Tolkien adopted England as his home, you could use some of the stupid events that our shires and counties have. We have events like rolling a cheese down a hill and running to catch it. Dwile flonking, where you try to hit your opponents with a beer soaked towel. Shin kicking contest and lots of others that I cant think of atm. Surely some of these could be incorporated into a festival without ruining the lore too much.
    Also as golf is incorporated into the lore, you could also use the other Scottish invented sports like caber toss & hammer throwing.

This is just an idea that I haven't thought through yet and if there is interest, I will do some googling and find some of our traditional sports that could be incorporated.

All in all, event 2 and a painting hobby would be wonderful if you could incorporate it. I love just wandering around some of the areas just to see what's there, so a hobby that incorporates that would be great.

Come on people, lets joust.

hear me out before you tear me apart about lore, we all ride horses and pony's, then war steeds further on, A side event, in a Rohan tournament theme, set up to battle each other on horse back and various other ways would be fun and kind of in the Rohirrim ball park, this would market Riders of Rohan expac's to the lowbies .
    After all festivals are about taking a break from the grind,And A Rohirrim festival, having some fun and winning something new, would be cool.
    and it would be interactive, like sparing (if it were able to be built of course).

At the winter festival I found myself wishing for an Ice Fishing event. And why not? Ice Fishing could be easily added to the winter festival and would be fun. A special festival fishing rod prize for the event - say catching three special event fish or whatever - but this rod would be a +8 or +10 fishing skill rod making it the best there is.

Since the ice fishing I know of - the fishermen build huts - perhaps a new domed hut, rustic Indian style, might work.

Anyway - ice fishing in some form would be a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    Announcement: On Halloween Night every year the gates of the Ettenmoors are released and the monsters of the world charge upon the free people!

This day no infamy or condemnations are received.

The creeps are let out of their hometown and are allowed to travel anywhere in the world of men yet they do not have maps so they must run everywhere they wish to go.

It is up to the free people to defend there homeland and protect the lower leveled freeps. Creeps are allowed to go into Bree and all other places of the world for one night before they are driven back to there homeland.

Let's give the freeps the scare of their lives!

Anybody else think this would be fun?

I love this idea. It'd give creeps the run of the land that we've been asking for, but it would contain it to a single day, perhaps even not the entire day, but maybe even give us just 4 or 6 hours during which we can escape from the moors and appear in the main world. Maybe give us two chances to survive the full time, after the second death we can't return to the main world. Plus, perhaps give us tokens (shared amongst all our alt creeps) that can be spent at a festival NPC in Gramsfoot for rewards such as a new festival skin or a stack of food or pots or quest turn-in items. Say, maybe one token per every 10 minutes of survival in the main world? I agree with no inf/comms earned from this escape, and would also say no comms available for barter with the tokens.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by sansa78 View Post
    I love this idea. It'd give creeps the run of the land that we've been asking for, but it would contain it to a single day, perhaps even not the entire day, but maybe even give us just 4 or 6 hours during which we can escape from the moors and appear in the main world. Maybe give us two chances to survive the full time, after the second death we can't return to the main world. Plus, perhaps give us tokens (shared amongst all our alt creeps) that can be spent at a festival NPC in Gramsfoot for rewards such as a new festival skin or a stack of food or pots or quest turn-in items. Say, maybe one token per every 10 minutes of survival in the main world? I agree with no inf/comms earned from this escape, and would also say no comms available for barter with the tokens.
    I hate that idea with a purple passion. If something like that ever happens in LoTRO, I'm not logging in that day.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Lightbulb Immunity?

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I hate that idea with a purple passion. If something like that ever happens in LoTRO, I'm not logging in that day.
    What if there was some sort of immunity item that could be used for the freeps, something thatcould be turned on and off and wouldn't take up space in our cosmetics?

The nice thing about lotro is PvMP stays in the Ettenmoors. I don't want that to change ever. I hate open world PvP in other games.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSlayer600 View Post
    What if there was some sort of immunity item that could be used for the freeps, something thatcould be turned on and off and wouldn't take up space in our cosmetics?
    I still hate the idea and would still not log in that day, should a monstrosity like that occur in LotRO.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Tournaments?

Don't know if this has been mentioned but, a good old fashioned tournament would be great. You could have different PVP games set up for each class and level range and an open tournament. Fighting on foot and mounted. And maybe even some horse racing with player mounts, both standard type and war steeds, where the players race each other, not just the clock. And perhaps set up a special Joust? You could award tokens for individual wins on all the games and increase the number of tokens for consecutive wins, overall wins etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    LESS GRIND. That is the single-most important thing, IMO. I can't say how terribly exhausted, annoyed, and aggravated I get when festivals come around. Festivals should be FUN. Grind does not equal fun. As they are currently, it isn't too bad for a single player. But what about those with alts? Why should we be penalized for loving the game so much that we created so many toons? Grind has its proper place in MMOs, yes. But festivals should be purely about fun. OUR fun. OUR enjoyment. But right now they are too grindy, mMost particularly if they are left to chance (such as those stupid fishing quests/deeds), though also due to simply the time spent just running errands for NPCs.
    This is something that could be said of the entire game. The whole purpose of this game is entertainment. Having FUN. The constant grinds for rep and other things throughout the game is taking away a LOT of the fun for me. Even to the extent of skipping Hytbold on a couple of my toons just because it is such a total waste of time. Seriously, it took me MONTHS to get through it on my main. And I want to do that again with the rest of my toons? Not bloody likely. Especially when some of the quests are just stupid. (IE: Walk a tightrope between two towers while avoiding crabans to deliver arrows to the other tower. If you had enough rope to string tightropes between the towers, you had enough to just drop down from the tower and pull up bundles of arrows.)

In some areas there is not enough rep points awarded for things to get full rep before you completely level out in that area. That means I have to stick around grinding out rep when I could be moving on to other areas? I don't think so.

Stop making the game a bore with all the grinding. You may find you keep more players interested and playing. You might even get more VIP players. But I have to say, I am getting tired of spending good money to play a game that is boring the #### out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    “We’ll continue to develop our festivals, new and old, and add more events for you to participate in throughout the year. If there are any festivals or events you’d really like to see us build, please let us know!” – Kate Paiz, Executive Producer, The Lord of the Rings Online
    The Only Improvement I would Like to see is for the Festivals is them lasting longer for instance the treasure fest only lasts 7 days I would Like it to last a hole Month(28 to 31 days) or not be a festival any more and be made a all year long part of the game. if all festivals were made year round less people would lag up areas of the game because they will be able to go to any festival they want when they want and not lose out on the chance of getting anything if they don't go to a festival. Also if they are up all year round then you will only have to fix them once or twice and then not have to deal with anything on them for years unless you wanted to add something to them.

Responding to a lot, sorry for the length

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJim72 View Post
    Apologies if these ideas have been already suggested as I cant be bothered to check through all the pages.

Event 1 - Horsing Around
    ----------------------------

You could have hobby horse races in the homeland cities. Different horse racing areas (probably instanced) and have proper races where you race each other like the horse races used to be. Also you could have a horse race with betting, like the dwarf & hobbit races, this time they would be on horses. Rewards could be mount & warhorse related and maybe a housing garden object which is a stable where we can choose what cosmetics the mounts can show from the ones we collect in-game (eg. rep horses).

This is a great idea, and the technology is already there, from the Hytbold quests. The only thing I'd suggest is that it not be for all Festivals, or change it up for the different festivals. Perhaps for the Summer festival, it could be a hobby horse. For the Fall Festival it could be a pumpkin head versus a horse's head. For Winter and Spring...hmm...perhaps reindeer for Winter? and no clue for Spring. But change it up, change the location, or perhaps make the track for it instanced with one of the free horses to the location (like with Winterhome) and change the look of the surroundings to fit with that festival (snowy in Winter, all in bloom for Spring, green and lush in Summer, and the reds and golds in the trees for Fall)

Event 2 - Painting Festival
    -----------------------------

Had this idea years ago, just never got round to suggest it.
    How this will work is that you need to get to a special point in the landscape. Then a message 'The view in the east direction would make a nice painting' or similar would appear. Then paint.
    This would be a hobby skill and could be used outside the festival, like fishing. The pictures painted could be taken to a framer and then the picture would become a housing wall object. The festival would be quests that lead you to the areas to be painted, the normal hobby would be no help whatsoever and you will stumble across them by accident (or from websites that will no doubt list the locations).
    You could have other painting related quests for the festival but I cant think of any atm.
    Also you could have deeds of locations in each zone to find.

I love this idea, also. Painting could be an awesome hobby, though I'm not sure if I agree with the framing to make a housing object. Perhaps instead, still have the framer and take it to them, they exclaim over how good it is and offer a barter token for it, which could be used to purchase paintings and such from them, but also other cosmetic/housing items, or even mats to create cosmetics/housing items by your crafting profession...hmmm, or perhaps purchase painting skills for different styles of painting, such as watercolor, oil, etc, or even drawing/sketching as well. The only thing I see as a problem with this is perhaps it'd be too time-consuming to implement. But, it might not at the same time. Who knows? I'm sure they could figure something out to make it do-able, and it'd give us another hobby, which is something we've asked for, forever.

For the implementation toward the festivals, that might be fairly easy. Have a quest that instructs you to find an item the painter wants to paint. You paint it for them, bring it back, and they exclaim at how good/awful it is and want to know where to find the location where it was painted, because they're so inspired by your wonderful piece, or so certain they could do a much better job than your awful piece. You escort them there (not far from where you were to begin with, to make it not so cumbersome to complete) then they reward you. Or they could have you go find the item and meet you there for a painting/sketching contest, which you, of course, win, no matter how good or awful your painting/sketch is. I'm sure there are other ways that would be just as good to implement it, too

Event 3 - English Crazy Sports Event (Title to change)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

As Tolkien adopted England as his home, you could use some of the stupid events that our shires and counties have. We have events like rolling a cheese down a hill and running to catch it. Dwile flonking, where you try to hit your opponents with a beer soaked towel. Shin kicking contest and lots of others that I cant think of atm. Surely some of these could be incorporated into a festival without ruining the lore too much.
    Also as golf is incorporated into the lore, you could also use the other Scottish invented sports like caber toss & hammer throwing.

This is just an idea that I haven't thought through yet and if there is interest, I will do some googling and find some of our traditional sports that could be incorporated.

I love this also! Especially the cheese wheel! That is a mini game in another game I've played (browser game, nowhere near this type of game), and it is always fun, though I nearly always lose :/

The beer soaked towel event could be in Thorin's Hall where the Anniversary event for The Mightiest Blow is held. Perhaps in Spring? It'd give that area a use during the Fall Festival?

A golfing event of some sort would also be nice. Maybe a hammer throw, too?

Quote Originally Posted by FestivalLurker View Post
    3.) Include more craft related quests to the festivals. Farmer's get to plant mushrooms during Summer festival for a reward at the Harvest festival so why not give other professions a chance at crafting to earn a reward, too?
    I concur with this. It'd be nice for the rest of the gathering professions to get some love.

Quote Originally Posted by FestivalLurker View Post
    4.) I know tag and freeze tag are available all year long so they might not technically count as festival related but it would be nice to have them marked on the map so other players can locate them and know they are a real part of the game? I can't tell you how many times people thought I was lying about having a freeze tag zone in Bree.
    I've actually never been there and never knew about it until a month or so ago. One day I'll figure out where it is and visit with some friends, though. I'd love other fun little kid games like this to be available in the game, and other things like the chicken run would add more to the game, also, and not just for the festival times. However, these things do not replace end-game content for those of us who want things other than freeze tag to do when we reach the level cap. Please keep this in mind when working on this stuff, Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathrilwing View Post
    Fall festival: How about making a 'ghost town' instance area, like Winter-Home is for the yule fest? You could go trick-or-treating within this town, using the candy to barter for special items. (such as 'rotting' furniture, grave yard items or spooky cosmetics).
    I like this idea, but why not change the name of Winter-home and Frostbluff and make it the location for all of it, just change it up for the different festivals? For instance, during the Yule festival, the "snow field" is dotted with snowmen, why not during the Fall Festival it be revealed that that area really is a graveyard and the mayor chose to cover the gravemarkers with the snowmen to make it an entertainment area for guests? Then there could be some sort of event in the graveyard. The town could be decked out in spiderwebs and training dummies could be here and there, the object of a quest to decorate them with sheets to make them into ghosts for the upcoming trick or treat. That quest could only be available during daytime hours ingame, and the trick or treat quest could only be available during nighttime hours ingame.

These are great suggestions, guys, and I'm sure there are many, many more great suggestions I missed out on commenting on because I haven't read every response to this thread, but many of these could be great additions to the game!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

my ideas

- No more losing progress on festival deeds at the end of a festival. That's just asinine.
    - No more gating festival items behind festival deeds. We shouldn't have to log in and do the festival every day just to get a cosmetic item. Festivals are supposed to be fun, not be another job.
    - More repeatable quests. Put them on a 60 minute timer for free-players and a 30 minute timer for VIPs.
    - Unify all the various types of festival tokens. I thought this was gong to be done when you switched the Yule Festival Tokens to Festival Tokens, but none of the other festivals got switched over to the Festival Token, so that ultimately made that change worthless.
    - All of the rare-drop festival mounts are meta-deed equivalent mounts except for the Painted Skeleton Steed. I would love to ride this horse in higher level areas, but really don't want to take a face-plant every time an orc sneezes in my general direction.
    - Make all of the rare-drop festival mounts/warsteed appearances either fully tradeable or at least Bound to Account. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to get one of those rare drops on a specific character and doing the quest every day plus spending Mithril Coins (over 100 before I rage-quit the session over it and I will never spend a mithril coin to reset a quest again) and still not getting the mount, only to do it on an alt on a lark and get two of that mount in the same quest round.
    - I gave up on trying to get the treasure hunt event drop mounts after getting 7 huge treasures and never getting anything other than tokens out of them.
    - I would love to see roving bands of grand-based brigands/orcs/goblins (depending on the land) in the original lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    The Only Improvement I would Like to see is for the Festivals is them lasting longer for instance the treasure fest only lasts 7 days I would Like it to last a hole Month(28 to 31 days) or not be a festival any more and be made a all year long part of the game. if all festivals were made year round less people would lag up areas of the game because they will be able to go to any festival they want when they want and not lose out on the chance of getting anything if they don't go to a festival. Also if they are up all year round then you will only have to fix them once or twice and then not have to deal with anything on them for years unless you wanted to add something to them.
    You cannot have festivals go all year because they can only have one festival/event activated at a time. Making them part of the game full time that would be a mess especially when you have all that happens during the festivals at the party tree.

This is a bad idea...

The improvement to festivals last time was that you didn't get automatically ported when the quest to attend the festival came up - and in case I forgot to thank everyone for that improvement, OMG THANK YOU. Seriously, I appreciate that more than you may know. I still don't attend them but I'm not annoyed by a ring that continually comes up every time I log on and off and on and off.... With that said, having festivals running constantly would get very old. The forced 120 quest deed in Frostbluff for the war steed cosmetic the first year (and stated by Turbine there would be no carry-over to the next year but that it would be reset) burned me out on festivals and I haven't attended one in well over a year. Even rescinding the reset on Frostbluff deed didn't make it better - but at least now I don't have to look at that stupid ring repeatedly through the day.

My biggest suggestion is don't try and force people to participate in everything. I understand there can be lots of options, but there have been times (through automatic porting when you accept the quest ring or reducing bounder tokens while simultaneously putting them as festival quest rewards, for example) where it seems like we're coerced to do festivals. Please don't do this in any shape or form. If I was so inclined to participate initially I would refuse to participate on principle if I felt coerced or pressured to go. I'm funny that way. It also causes burnout when people feel they have to do it.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Another issue with year-round festivals is that there wouldn't be very many people around. Higher population servers would likely fare better, but surely I'm not the only one who has sat in the beer brawling chamber, or in the snowball area, or the theatre, all on my own, wishing someone else would come in so the event could begin. It's bad enough (in that regard) near the end of a festival. Imagine how much worse it would be if the festivals were year-round.

Has anyone heard anything about the festival revamps? The Anniversary Event is scheduled to begin soon, right? With all the U13 hype going on, it seems like festivals/events have been slightly overlooked in terms of information.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I'd like some more Permanant Useable Items, that give off effects or summon NPCs to players, temporarily. I know people will want permanent "pets", but I'd be somewhat Okay with like 5 min durations and 10-20 min CD's. Some examples could be a Permanant, re-useable Cave-Claw summoning item from the Treasure Hunting Event. Or a (something) to summon a non-moving Delivery Cart [could be 1 for each festival, with respective things. e.g. Farmer's Faire could have food/crops/mushrooms; Autumn could have pumpkins and apples; etc.] that works like a Repair Anvil (they could look like the Housing Decoration carts). They could be a vendor, or storage access, or just be purely for looks. They would only work outside, but I would love to have a cart that I could set up a shop with, showing that I have stuff to sell.
    Or more pipeweed Pipes, or like the Mathom Society 'Mailbag' and 'Jar of Fireflies' and (Sandson?) 'Prized Pie'.

However, I would prefer that these all be turned into Festival Skills. (These could have their own tab, called "Social Skills" or something. And while you're at it, can you make a "Travel Skills" tab? )

Yes, this could be used to spam/grief, and that would be unfortunate, but I think it could also be really cool.
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    I like Seeker's idea, that Turbine points would be much easier to acquire during festivals. Grinding TP from deeds when one cannot spare the money to buy them in real life gets really annoying. I think it would be a great chance for older players, getting TP, and lower level players (maybe they can get enough TP for the riding skill, that would be a cool perk). Also, similar to the anniversary festival, I think it would be cool to be able to transform all festival currency to marks and/or medallions. This could be added the the Currency Exchange person at the skirm camps after festivals. If there is one thing in LotRO that I do not have enough of, its marks and medallions.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Under a bridge behind a rock inside a cave. Don't let the dank out!
    some ideas:

1. Jousting, either with players or npc, or with brass rings.

2. snowball fight with orcs, holiday map gets invaded and the only thing the free people have to fight with are snowballs.

3. Sliding, slide through gates like horse races, hang apples from trees for extra points to trade in for prizes.

4. the classic duck hunt kind of game. rotating targets and you throw things at them. I suggest pictures of the boss mobs and mud.

5. various races with the npcs. for example crossing the river between the shire and bree. Basically you hit a button to go faster.

6. Fishing, (I know its been done) server wide fish for the biggest fish. Heaviest weight everyday.

7. Fishing (again) Meal of the day. Hobbits are picky and need different fish. Fish rare fish for those hobbits. Adjust this one for level so low levels won't be send to rohan but for capped plays send them everywhere.

8. Archery for non hunters, targets again closest to bullseye but vs. npcs not players.

9. javelin throw, distance of course. Maybe hit a button to set power, adjust for wind etc.

10. Keg balancing, keep your balance on a keg in river.

11. revamp old races like the keg and pie eating to include players. have one play vs npcs random pick ups boost or stunt speed. or make it like the yule festival eatting contest

12. Help holly make the perfect pie. a couple of versions of this first you get stuff to make the pie then after she trusts you you get to make the pie. could work with brewing beer for the dwarfs.

13. Bowling with kegs. 5 players required. one hurls barrels and the other 4 try to avoid getting hit with them.

14. dressage, prancing a war steed in front of judges. basic copy the emote quest, but without the cheaty quest speech bubble.

thats it for now.
    My Cat's breath smells like cat food

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast