We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Well, I'll post some suggestions that most at this point may not remember like the random attacks by Amarthiel, as well as the server-wide Ring-Lore event(I know the bounder's thing was kinda like that) or the random attacks on Trestlebridge by GM controlled Orcs way back when. Anything that could make the game more dynamic, OR give the players on a server something to work towards. Random spawns, or Random Bounties could be very cool. Given what I saw the GM's do in HD Beta, it's not a matter of programming code, etc, but maybe a matter of player interest to have a couple GM's attack Aughaire or someplace.

Not to be negative though, this thread will probably be mostly "more ponies more dresses more fluff"

Durrga R13 Hunter *Highguard of Numenor /Medwulf (semi-retired) R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9

All I'd like to see are new fests, seeing as some players have been playing sense day 1 they're probably bored of seeing these fests 6 times,
    Adding new ones would be awesome, I'd give ideas buuut then it'd spoil the surprise!
    I use to wonder what friendship could be...
    Until you all shared this magic with me!

Quote Originally Posted by medwulf View Post
    Well, I'll post some suggestions that most at this point may not remember like the random attacks by Amarthiel, as well as the server-wide Ring-Lore event(I know the bounder's thing was kinda like that) or the random attacks on Trestlebridge by GM controlled Orcs way back when. Anything that could make the game more dynamic, OR give the players on a server something to work towards. Random spawns, or Random Bounties could be very cool. Given what I saw the GM's do in HD Beta, it's not a matter of programming code, etc, but maybe a matter of player interest to have a couple GM's attack Aughaire or someplace.
    This is EXACTLY what this game needs: more refreshing and dynamic content, and some real feel to the world! Random events that increase the sense that there is a war going on, especially in Isengard and Rohan area. It is really funny that the enemies are just circling towns and waiting for the player to go and get them.

What I reallly would like to see is a reduction of the grind and things like tokens and rewards (like tiers in Frostfels) being on account basis. Is it really necessary to have that large number of repetions needed for the tiers? To prove what? Resetting the gold tokens (yule) make it even less a carot to run after.

Try running those on more than one char - it isn't about fun and devotion to the game or the festival anymore since the period to achieve the goal is limited (and freetime often less available). Yes, you don't need to do it and I guess I start ignoring more festivals for I do not have the time for that kind of playstyle anymore and I really do 'hate' games with large parts of temporary content that try to tell me when to play and what.
    I have lots of normal content to play and enjoy in my time.

Universal tokens (or the different ones exchangable 1:1 when the next festival comes along) on account basis would be an improvement imho. I have large sums of some tokens on chars that even pile up more from one festival to the next with sometimes not one thing to spend them on while other char have to grind them again.

Make the festivals equal in the accessability to get tokens (Farmers Fair, the Haunted Burrow and Frostfels or the Stomping Mice Field make it much easier than the reduced quests at Summer festival (e.g.). Having a choice of quests makes repetitions (for several days to follow) less annoying. Quests not based on luck even more.

Personally I do not need more festivals with even more grind and less time to spend on them. An elven festival might be nice if it wasn't reduced to lots of players running about to get to the goodies fastest and killing any immersion in the atmosphere. Why not try some things that have nothing to do with rewards and tokens and so one. A Rivendell prepared for a festival of lights (a separate instance if needed) with fine places for music making, story telling would be great. Times to take a break, settle down and enjoy.
    Additional instances that are for a seasonal festival would be nice (Bree, Rivendell in winter...)

World Events with different content (bandits (or other mobs in other regions) attack some place and the locals call upon the players to help them defend (or regain something taken in a previous attack e.g.) might be a nice addition but they can be really annoying if the quest-npc get killed on a regular basis. If they come less often the time spend waiting for them is lost and if they come too often they become less interesting and frequented.
    High mobs in starter areas (and Bree) wouldn't be too great for lowbie players there (being killed before level 20...). And level adjusted mobs would be onehitted by highlevel-players with almost no chance for others to participate. Same for creeps to run around in the open world (without getting leveladjusted themselves ).
    Not sure about things like those.

Back at Codemasters there were some player events getting support from the gamemasters (spawned mobs and enemies with texts played by gamemasters for an attack e.g.). It would be nice to have such possibilities to send in an event plan and to get support for it - no rewards, loot, whatsoever needed, just great storytelling.

Edit: I do like the way you get xp for the festival quest being set on level on level since I do not level very fast. Having spend a lot of time on the old festivals ('grey' quests with (almost) no xp) I like not having to choose between leveling and doing festivals.
    Last edited by Derquin; Dec 26 2013 at 10:27 PM.

While you guys and gals shout for more beer and clubbing, I demand more culture!

Now that Breetown has become a prospering town, what we truly need is: a museum!

Of course we would have to help the Breelanders fill it with paintings and statues, find artists, provide them with paints and brushes, canvas and easels - the finest of which to find in Rivendell of course, but also in remote seldom visited areas in Ered Luin. Especially the paints are a problem: they must not dry, so we have to hurry to bring them in time to the impatiently waiting artisans. Canvas is expensive, the Dwarves may help find some.

We may have to protect the transport of the most precious collections on their way from say Combe to Bree, from Staddle to Bree, from Michel Delving (!) to Bree from all sorts of ruffians and wild animals. We may even need to help Eduardo da Pinci finding a chicken so that he can finally finish his painting of a "Chicken with mysterious smile", or even pose ourselves as a Balrog for more daring painters.

And at the Art Opening (vernissage) you will get finally a distinguished variety of champagnes or wine, along with cheese niblets.

You see, there is a lot to do! Of course the reward would be not less than an original painting of ourselves in our finest gear, perhaps along with Gandalf or Aragorn, and perhaps on an easel made from finest wood. This would even add some fun for our dear Turbinians: to answer to complaints of players who claim that their belly "is not that fat!" or their nose "not that pinky!" and that they, the paying customers playing lotro since beta, demand corrections forthwith!

The museum would have the additional advantage, that the town folk can behold all the paintings available for their houses. There may be even a tiny museum shop.
    [B]Pepys[/B]
    [COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=1]"Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving
    and leave all this behind". - (Hobbit in Waymeet)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

New reputations for each festival, which can be gained by completing quests during a festival. Yule, Spring, Anniversary, Fall and Harvestmath.

I prefer the barter system with festival coin than buying these reward with cash, just like Ale and Inn factions.

The faction reward needs to be unique from normal festival reward to motive player to grind . New mount, new war-steed cosmetic, new /emote at the Max rank, new decoration, new title..., for example.

Would be nice if we have ports to Festival location for Hunter and Warden, and Return for other classes
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

So many great suggestions here...

Let me add my concerns\ideas:
    1. Festivals are too short. Sometimes i have very little time to play so i miss them entirely or play 1-2 evenings. Look at WoW - it has some events or festivals nearly every second day. We need more recurrent events and longer festivals.
    2. New areas. Turbine listen, we visit same festival areas for nearly SEVEN years with the only addition of Winterhome (though it was brilliant). I don't even ask for brand new lands. Why we never had festivities in Rivendell, Lothlorien (Imlad Lalaith IS actually a festivity place) ? How about Rohan (i'm sure we could find rather peaceful city there for example Aldburg or you could add new peaceful area for example Westmarch south of Isen - yes it's the last area of Rohan we didn't saw)? Yes i remember low-level players should have access to it. No problem. Just add festival fast travels to these places and back as you do with Winterhome. It's also would be great option for new players to see beautiful end-game lands (you didn't realise how many people leave the game just for old graphics in old areas)!
    3. New areas open possibilities for new festival ideas. For Rohan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-S...nism#Festivals. Some elven celebrations, Elrond birthday for example . Dwarven anniversaries of some great battles. Etc. ME culture is sooooo rich, it's just a shame you used a small bit of it.
    Last edited by Wanderv; Dec 27 2013 at 03:04 AM.

For the Autumn Festival I believe a new Quest should be added related to Durin's Day ("the first day of the last moon of Autumn on the threshold of Winter. When on this day both the Sun and Moon may be seen in the sky together, it is called Durin's Day.").

It is the Dwarven New Year after all. This could be an excellent way to get more dwarven bits into Lotro.

For the Summer Festival (which I believe is rather neglected compared to the other seasonal festivals) I would suggest first to use it as an opportunity.

The Silmarillion speaks of the fact that the dwarves of Nogrod held a feast for mid-summer (as was their custom), I see no reason why this would no longer be the case. Especially if we consider how stuck to tradition dwarves are. The Dwarves of Nogrod that survived joined those of Khazad-dûm (in 40 S.A) so their mid-summer tradition would likely have survived. The opportunity I speak of is to take the above and use it to fill a major blank in lotro's lore.

The blank I'm talking about are "the Dwarves from the White Mountains". As you know players can create a dwarf character that hails from the White Mountains. Years ago Lotro has opted to create this choice for its players, though it does not fit with lore (as dwarves settled there after the events of LotR). Now, with the HD expansion we find ourselves at the foot of the White Mountains, so one would expect to see a dwarf hall somewhere. Especially given the fact that this Hall ("zigil-jabâl") is mentioned in some of the previous quests. "Unfortunately" Lotro has opted to stick very closely to the lore of LotR with the HD expansion, meaning no White Mountain dwarf hall. As a result we have loads of players that run around with the "from the White Mountains" title, while stroling through these mountains, without a home in sight.

I suggest the summer festival could be held at this fabled "Zigil-Jabâl" Hall. Meaning you create a little festival region inside the White Mountains. As the dwarves of this Hall could be the descendants of the dwarves of Nogrod (who enjoyed their yearly mid-summer feast). This would allow for a) Lotro to finally fill the gaping blank in their lore b) weave in some of actual festival lore into the seasonal festivals.

Regarding of festival quest, some of them requires at least two players to be completed, such as the beer-fight during Anniversary, Snowball-fight and Theater (3 player for each role, or the play will get reseted) in Yule...

It's good and dandy if there are people playing with you, especially at the beginning of the festival. However, it would be suck when you want to complete a deed, but no one comes no matter how many times you yell on GLFF, and your kinmates and friends are all offline. Would be really suck.

I suggests to add a few NPC to join in, so that even one player can play them. Make beer-fight is like Brigand-bashing, where NPC dwarves running around, and sometimes tries to knock you away with their club. Add more things to watch out for, such as stealthy dwarves that sneaks behind you for a good stun (or you can give them one if you discover them first), or drunken dwarf which strikes both foes and allies.

For the snowfight, let add a bunch of children with blue and red team. You can help one team by snowballing another, or get snowballed by both side if you are too hasty and strike them all.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Please, for those of us that DO NOT WISH to participate in Festival events on any character at any time, give us the option to completely decline the invitation and let it stay declined so that the quest ring doesn't keep popping up each time you log on or level up. Also, please stop extending festivals. By the time one is done, another is on top of us. It reminds me of the annoying ads on TV...example....July 4th sale has been extended for another month due to popular demand (read because we didn't make enough sales) and ends just before a Labor Day sale is started a week beforehand. Thank you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

It seems half the players want the festivals longer, while the other half want them shorter... I do not envy you folks in Turbine to figure out the happy medium

That said, my own wish is, on festivals, to *not* gimp out on the festival items. 2012 was an AWESOME year for festival rewards. 2013 was really terrible, with the cosmetics being very lacklaster and using just generic meshes and very few cosmetics (and like, no dresses in the second half of the year, which made me sad). I definitely hope in 2014 the rewards are as good as 2012, with great cosmetics and hand-held items.

(I hope perhaps we'll see a walking stick and a torch! Pretty please? *grin*)

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Let me first say that I like festivals and participate in most of them (I'm not personally crazy about Harvestmath, as the whole "spooky bat gooey monster undead" thing does nothing for me - but I definitely understand why other people like it.)

Things I'd love to see include:

-Please, please, please, not another tablecloth mount cosmetic for a long time. Please.

-Instead of tablecloths - maybe cosmetics that look more like the older festival horses, or some of the rep steeds (Rivendell rep horse, Mathom Society, etc.). I love the Bounder's horse cosmetics and would be happy to see something like that for future festivals - though please make it a bit more affordable; 1500 tokens was a massive undertaking and I only managed it on one character.

-I also second the call to bring back dresses. The Lissuin dress (which may have been the most recent?) is gorgeous.

-I'd love to see a G.L.O.B.E theatre play for every season - maybe they could go on tour to other areas, e.g. Bree, Celondim, Thorin's Hall, etc, and put on performances there during other festivals.

-Would like to see festivals integrated in some way to housing neighborhoods and higher-level areas; obviously we wouldn't want to lock the lower level characters out of it but maybe some kind of auto-port-Winterhome style thing would work.

-I also love the suggestion posted previously of having brief lore-based and racial mini-festivals, particularly for Dwarves and Elves - we already have a Hobbit one with Bilbo's birthday. Not sure how you'd incorporate Men but maybe the suggestion of focusing it around Tolkien's birthday would work.

A lot of these are repeats or elaborations of ideas suggested earlier in the thread - so many good ideas presented here!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Well what I would like to see is not a new event but a add on to one of my fave festivals & that is the Harvest Festival.

I would so love seeing a add on special region like the Yule Festival has for Harvest. An old spooky town that has a forest/graveyard. You could also have a haunted corn maze. Have your characters actually bobbing for apples, have different places where your character can go trick or treating & get special goodies, have complete sets of costumes you can barter for, complete theme sets of housing furniture.

I don't know what all you can do with my suggestion but I really hope you consider it. I love the Haunted Burrow but it just is not enough, we need something more added to keep us busy & wanting to keep on doing the festival & I think this is a great idea.
    This sounds cool! I would love to see an old spooky town etc!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000040ce6a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The problem with Festivals, once you've done them one year, you done them.

Being forced to run the same quests 120 times on each alt, you never want to set foot in them again.

Why or why is Turbine trying so hard to grind the fun out of the game, don't they want people to play?

But what I'd like to see is Festival 'Instances', 3 man or 6 man scalable daily instances.

For example, remember old Fúni Gem-cutter from Eregion, well after being rescued from Minas Elendúr he ends up in a small workshop close to Winter Home. The Majors worried, his had the old dwarf making jewelery for his guests, but not heard word in a week, would you kindly gather some friends and go investigate?

Is it really that hard to throw together? Few rooms, bit of caves, some goblins loading stolen loot onto a warg drawn sleigh. Couple of Boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    -I also love the suggestion posted previously of having brief lore-based and racial mini-festivals, particularly for Dwarves and Elves - we already have a Hobbit one with Bilbo's birthday. Not sure how you'd incorporate Men but maybe the suggestion of focusing it around Tolkien's birthday would work.
    Mettare is the Gondor New Year, sort of the equivalent of the hobbit's Yule. The New Year falls very close to Tolkien's birthday (Jan 3).

So yea, when Gondor comes out... :P

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

There could be racial festivals with racial tasks and rewards. Example:
    1 Dwarven festival.
    Main city: Thorins Hall.
    Possible quests:
    I. Make a good pint.
    a. get a malt of A ale from NPC A
    b. get a malt of B ale from NPC B
    c. get a malt of C ale from NPC C
    d. make A ale
    e. make B ale
    f. make C ale.
    g. ask NPC in tavern about ale A, B and C
    h. ask NPC in TH about ale A, B and C.
    i. NPCs can't agree - time to ask King of Dwarves which ale is th best.

II. Encourage defenders.
    a. Bring a keg of ale to Noglond defender
    b. Bring a keg of ale to Gondamon defender
    c. Bring a keg of ale to Hobby trainer

III. Dwarven hospitality
    a. Hunt animal A for a tasty meat
    b. gather Special herbs for a tasty meat
    c. make Dwarven tasty steak
    d. Deliver steak to the King
    e. Deliver to (everyone in TH)

IV. Feast in the snow
    a. make a feast to Gondamon's defenders:
    -gather NN pieces of tasty meat from the beasts
    -gather NN pieces of Herbs
    -make NN Tasty Steaks
    -make NN kegs of Tasty Ale
    -invite every NPC to the feast
    b. make a feast to Noglond's defenders
    c. make a feast to Thrasis lodge NPCs.

V. Training them
    a. find trainable cave-claw
    b. train it
    c. get trainer cave-claw to NPC to show
    d. receive reward:trainer cave-claw house decoration (yard-small; looks like a cave claw that sometimes run within small territyory)

There could be also racial competitions, like "go to mine and mine as many Special Ore as you can".

2Elven festival
    City: perhabs capital of Lotlhlorien.
    COnception based on one player's superb proposal of making art. Since Elves are very subtle, they could devote themselves to the fine arts. Example of quests:

I. Decorating House A:
    a. gather canvas from some NPC
    b. gather oil for painting from some NPC
    c. paint aview of Golden Wood (little % of failure)

II. Decorating House B:

III. Lady's Palace:

IV. Leaving Lothlorien
    a. inspect ships
    b. alas, some ships are broken:run to NPC A for an advice
    c. gather Special Wood
    d. make Special Planks
    e. repair ship 1
    f. repair ship 2
    g. repair ship 3
    h. wait for NPC to inspect ship 1
    g. wait for NPC to inspect ship 2
    h. wait for NPC to inspect ship 3

V. A feast for Elves:
    a. go to Vineyards of Lothlorien
    b. gather grapes A
    c. gather grapes B
    d. gather grapes C
    e. make wine A
    f. make wine B
    g. make wine C.
    h. serve wine to tables

VI. Rivendell art:
    a) paint a view of last Homely House
    b. paint a portrait of Lord Elrond
    c. paint a portrait of Legolas

VII. Rivendellreparing to battle
    [weaponsmith]: make a copy of Narsil:
    a. forge special blade
    b. forge special rune
    c. imbue bladew with rune
    d. wait for rune to take effect
    e. make Narsil copy
    f. bring it to Lord Elrond
    [prospector]:
    a. find Elven ore
    b. get NN ingots of Elven ore
    c. gather NN pieces of Unique crystals
    d. imbue ingots with unique crystals
    e. make NN Very Special narsil ingots.

(and so on for almost every crafting school, something Lore-related).

Existing NPCs could be used (no need to introduce new ones).
    Rewards count include some unique items, like - the first in the game to finish certain quest gets unique mount/ portrait with Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn and Legolas and alike. There could also be this kind of rewards for those who finish certain quest/quest line on the server.

Also, I'd suggest to remove killing quests from festivals (like in Yule's one - kill trolls and icy winds) and over-grinding. 120 quests are way too much to feel any excitement.

Here are some of my suggestions:

Festival Maps
    Ability to earn/barter for permanent festival maps to travel to the four festival areas (Bree Festival grounds, The Party Tree, Duillond, TH Tavern)

Daily Quest Resets
    Change those quests which have 24-hour resets from you do them (e.g. if you do them at 6pm you can't do them until after 6pm the next day) to be reset on the daily server resets in stead (3am servertime every day).

Custom Portraits for all Festivals
    Make it possible to earn Custom Portraits (Frames) from all Festivals, not just from Yule.

More Racial Dances
    Ability to earn more than the 2 we get now from each race quests.

A Game of Hobnanigans
    Get this quest running again (Summer Festival) - this was great fun.

More Cosmetic Variety
    The 2013 robes & cloaks only has been rather a setback from previously being able to get dresses, hats, held items, etc. Same with war-steed blankets.

Crafted Festival Consumables
    Make it possible to earn crafting recipes for the festival consumables (such as perfect snowballs, black silk gloves, potent bird seeds, spider legs, etc.) so that you can craft them in stead of grinding the same quests over and over.

New Festival Idea: Winter's End
    It always feels like there's a long way from Yule Festival to the Spring/Anniversary festivals in April/May/June. A Festival at end of February/Start of March would be welcome. To celebrate the end of winter and celebrating the coming spring is an idea. Something to build on: Traditionally in old times this was the time where you counted your livestock and wealth and prepared the fields for planting.

New Event Idea: Solar/Lunar Eclipses (Short)
    Similar to the Treasure Hunt & Shipwrecked Mariners (running over 3-4 days): Solar/Lunar Eclipses cover an instance/zone/all of Middle-earth (in graphics as well). Celebrations could include honouring Arien and Tilion with song, music, storytelling and dancing.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Dec 29 2013 at 06:36 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://toarda.com"][IMG]http://www.toarda.com/img/LOTROforumprofile.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Mettare is the Gondor New Year, sort of the equivalent of the hobbit's Yule. The New Year falls very close to Tolkien's birthday (Jan 3).

So yea, when Gondor comes out... :P
    Ooh, that's a great idea. Perhaps it could be integrated with the Yule festival as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Felisleo View Post
    But what I'd like to see is Festival 'Instances', 3 man or 6 man scalable daily instances.

For example, remember old Fúni Gem-cutter from Eregion, well after being rescued from Minas Elendúr he ends up in a small workshop close to Winter Home. The Majors worried, his had the old dwarf making jewelery for his guests, but not heard word in a week, would you kindly gather some friends and go investigate?
    This sounds like a really intriguing and fun idea!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Exclamation Festival of the Levels

Here's another suggestion: We can currently level to Level 95. When we are able to reach Level 100, LotRO should throw a party via some sort of Festival. It should be even better than the Anniversary Event! Unfortunately, I can't think of any specifics, but I can leave that up to the rest of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    -I'd love to see a G.L.O.B.E theatre play for every season - maybe they could go on tour to other areas, e.g. Bree, Celondim, Thorin's Hall, etc, and put on performances there during other festivals.
    I can see this happening. There's already a very unused (on Crickhollow, at least) stage across from the Prancing Pony in Bree!

Here's a smallish suggestion, how about festival portrait frames for all of the festivals, not just the Yule fest.
    Silverlode refugee

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    Please, for those of us that DO NOT WISH to participate in Festival events on any character at any time, give us the option to completely decline the invitation and let it stay declined so that the quest ring doesn't keep popping up each time you log on or level up. Also, please stop extending festivals. By the time one is done, another is on top of us. It reminds me of the annoying ads on TV...example....July 4th sale has been extended for another month due to popular demand (read because we didn't make enough sales) and ends just before a Labor Day sale is started a week beforehand. Thank you.
    ^THIS. A MILLION TIMES. I don't mind festivals. In fact, once in a blue moon, I'll actually check one out. However, that damned auto-bestow quest makes me not want to log in at all during a festival.

I logged in last night to play (first time in a couple weeks), but that damned auto-bestow quest kept popping up after every level and every session play. If I disable auto-accepting quests, then I will miss quests in the new regions.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin;7055778[INDENT
    New Festival Idea: Winter's End
    It always feels like there's a long way from Yule Festival to the Spring/Anniversary festivals in April/May/June. A Festival at end of February/Start of March would be welcome. To celebrate the end of winter and celebrating the coming spring is an idea. Something to build on: Traditionally in old times this was the time where you counted your livestock and wealth and prepared the fields for planting.
    [/INDENT]
    I like the break.

In fact, I get festival overload by the time the Harvestmath festival arrives. It seems like there's a stretch between Summer Fest & Autumn Fest where festivals and events pile up back to back, and it gets exhausting.

Frankly, while I like the Farmer's Faire, I wish it didn't happen. The events could be spread out among the other festivals, such as:
    -Move the Egg Hunt & the Mayor's eating quest to the Spring Fest.
    -Move the fishing quests, lazy hobbit quests, & the 2 market quests to the Summer fest.
    -Move the Mushroom Hunt, drunk hobbits, & drunkard's revenge quests to Harvestmath.

I also think the Anniversary & Spring Festivals should be combined. They need to go back to a more quarterly festival setup: Spring Fest in March/April, Summer Fest in July, Harvestmath in October, and Yule Fest in December. If they did this, I would also support adding some of the weekend events that have been suggested.

I might also suggest:
    -To reduce some of the tediousness with dailies, perhaps there could be 2-3 sets of festival quests that alternate each day, or maybe there could be a daily "do x festivals quests" wrapper quest, and then you can choose which ones you want to do. Each NPC would have to offer multiple quests.

-To keep things fresh, add at least one new quest chain each festival.

-Perhaps it's time to take a break from offering mounts/warsteed cosmetics as festival rewards. Instead, they could work on better cosmetics or housing items.
    Jewahe

I agree with pp about going back to having quarterly festivals. Let the festival go for a month, then have 2 months off before the next festival please. When they're back-to-back like they currently are, it makes festivals not so special.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Inn League and Ale Association Improvements

Lightbulb Inn League and Ale Association Updates

A few years ago it was a pleasant diversion to do the Inn League and Ale Association quests during festivals. Indeed, some of the funniest quests I've ever done are Inn/Ale quests.
    That being said, I'd like to see a few new enhancements to the current Inn/Ale league quests and rewards.
    Yes, the Inn/Ale quests are a great way to generate additional tokens to festivals which allows access to the appropriate prizes each festival offers. That being said, a few more rewards that we can barter for would be a welcome addition! Possibly a full cosmetic set... or a Mug with the appropriate faction detail... or cosmetics for War Steeds based upon the appropriate faction.

While getting a character tipsy in the Shire or Bree (depending upon faction) is a hoot, it would be great to see the contests expand to new areas. I think it would be reasonable to see the factions offering similar contests in other areas... Moria comes to mind. It wouldn't be far fetched to see the Dwarves of Moria enjoying some Ale Association fun! In addition, the hobbits in Enedwaith might enjoy a taste of some Inn League brews!

I was glad to see the inclusion of Inns/Taverns in the new HD expansion... makes me wonder if they could be included in some activities.

Personally, I think offering some new events and items to the League would make the quests fun for new players, and old players alike. Indeed, a drinking contest in HD for 95s might be a bit more challenging than Shire/Bree!

Final note. I'd like to see some additions to housing cosmetics for both factions as well. The Inn League Sinister Keg and the Moria Keg are a lot of fun... but a Rohan Keg would be rather interesting! I see this as an opportunity for some developers to have fun adding some mirth to the game, while adding to the enjoyment of the players likewise! Thanks for the opportunity to add my 2cents worth!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast