We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 206
  1. #151

    Post

    Some small suggestions:
    - Make all the tokens account-wide.
    - Add some fast travel option between the different festival areas (like the horse racing in Bree, Duillond, the party tree).
    - Add the possibility to trade the festival tokens to marks (if you already got all the cosmetics etc.).
    - Turn the multi use items (like Flower Petals, Rotten Fruit and fireworks) to skills.
    - Add some generic reward to the festival quests (like Bounder's Tokens).
    - Add festival quests to high-level areas. Maybe even to some instances to encourage working together with other players. For example: get some creepy item from Sambrog to add it to the Haunted Burrow.

  2. #152
    It would be awesome, if you could earn a special hide / mane color as some sort of festival gift, for your warsteed. I'm not near RoR myself, but still! It seems like the colors are really restricted!

    Come on Turbine! Have you ever seen a horse? there are a lot to choose from!

    Color ideas:
    Buckskin / Dun
    Dapple of any sort (you know dapples, not a plain color )
    More and different overo, tobiano and appalosa hides.

    Mane colors can also have different colors.. just search 'paint horse' on Google

    And add unique blazes, socks etc. for horses. It would make it more personal and fun!

    - But thank you so much for a very fun Yule festival this year!
    Last edited by FairyBird; Jan 13 2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Athrandros (main) - Lvl. 76 Hunter - Evernight | Athruthir - Lvl. 32 Lore-Master - Snowbourn | Iollyn - Lvl. 18 Minstrel - Evernight | Sunrith - Lvl. 18 Beorning - Evernight

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    4,072

    Lightbulb

    These are a few things i may like to be added to the festivals:
    • Add at least 1 new festival event per year. Don't have to be a lot of new events or terribly complex but at least 1 new thing to explore keep the festivals fresh.
    • I love the horse & even more i love to have festive outfits that i can mix & match on my warsteed, keep it up.
    • Please don't quite doing other pieces than the body part. It can be:
      • body & saddle
      • body & head
      • body & legs
      • body & gear
      • body & tail

      The little sets can be rotated per festival &/or year
    • I love the festival hand held items; can we have dedicated outfit slots on our characters to equip them?
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :


  4. #154

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    Announcement: On Halloween Night every year the gates of the Ettenmoors are released and the monsters of the world charge upon the free people!

    This day no infamy or condemnations are received.

    The creeps are let out of their hometown and are allowed to travel anywhere in the world of men yet they do not have maps so they must run everywhere they wish to go.

    It is up to the free people to defend there homeland and protect the lower leveled freeps. Creeps are allowed to go into Bree and all other places of the world for one night before they are driven back to there homeland.

    Let's give the freeps the scare of their lives!



    Anybody else think this would be fun?
    NO, NO, NO, NOT FUN!!!!
    This ever happens it will be the day I close my account; I HATE PvP, one of the main reasons I came Lotro was you had the CHOICE to do PvP or not.

    But I would like to more Fests of some type more fishing quests, some type of crafting style quest in all the fests where you can learn new recipes. New Dances, More Outfits, chances to win War steed stuff etc.
    Last edited by ChaosKen; Jan 16 2014 at 05:00 AM.

  5. #155
    This was the first year I went through and got to tier 3 in the winter festival.

    -Make some of the festival rewards account-wide, or alternatively make the grind a little less difficult for additional characters.
    -No more clicky-click events- for example, cleaning up the dishes is boring and redundant. Gathering the different ingredients (mushrooms,eggs,etc) is a boring timesink.
    -More dynamic events- horse racing, eating competition, etc.
    -More variation in static events- for example, have the game choose from one of many plays for Frostbluff Theater. I think people enjoyed this (apart from the downtime), but it got redundant fast.
    -How about festival specific epic battles? That way you could have players of all levels join together in a fun event.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany - Stuttgart
    Posts
    43
    I love the festivals.
    But I would love to see a) the Spring festival earlier than in may and b) the Yule festival at the beginning of december, not just a bunch of days before Christmas.

    Changes in cosmetics and a few changes in quests on each festival each year would also be great!

    And I would love to earn more emotes like the ones in the LOTRO store. At least once in a year we should be able to earn them via a festival. Or at least make them available for ALL characters, when bought.

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKen View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NOT FUN!!!!
    This ever happens it will be the day I close my account; I HATE PvP, one of the main reasons I came Lotro was you had the CHOICE to do PvP or not.

    But I would like to more Fests of some type more fishing quests, some type of crafting style quest in all the fests where you can learn new recipes. New Dances, More Outfits, chances to win War steed stuff etc.
    You know what, I am sorry but its 1 day out of the year, not the end of the world, and it sounds like SO MUCH FUN.

    Anyway, its not like its hard to avoid creeps out in the PvE realm, Huers can even hop out and DF to a rez circle
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,126
    There is enough to do in festivals so I don't think we need such big improvements. Maybe a couple of new quests per festival, plus the usual new rewards - horse, cosmetics and furniture - are enough to me.

    By the way, my experience (huge) with festivals tells me that everytime you wanted to make big changes you ruined it, for example: Frostbluff rewards gated by a deed of 120 quests; Hobbit/Dwarf competitions they were bugged and not very well received by the player base (me included of course).

    So first rule: don't fix what is not broken; Second Rule: Don't break the first rule.

    Now if you want to make a NEW Festival then go ahead.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Califonia
    Posts
    521
    I like the festivals pretty much, but I would like to see some mounts offered without such large blankets/barding on them. A nice set of coordinated tack (saddles,bridles, leggings and maybe an accessory would be good, especially if we could also earn it as a warsteed look.
    Also, to echo anyone else who has spoken up - NO PVP - I 100% loathe it and I love this game for the fact that I never have to see it.
    ****************************** ****
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!
    ****************************** ****

  10. #160

    Chicken Play

    I love chicken play and would love to see one quest per festival that needs to be run...as a chicken! Not a quest that gates another...not all players get the chuckle (should I say cluckle?) I do out of the chickens. Just an optional fun one. Maybe leading towards reward items that lead to building a chicken coop yard ornament or something. Or a portrait frame...or a golden egg that holds a horse (or cosmetic - think envelope contents at Anniversary).

    Thanks, Turbine.

    I'm looking forward to 2014 and on in Middle-Earth!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002bd6e9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Bellcari (Minstrel) Belwynne (Lore Master) Beldwyl (Hunter) Landroval

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerien View Post
    There is enough to do in festivals so I don't think we need such big improvements. Maybe a couple of new quests per festival, plus the usual new rewards - horse, cosmetics and furniture - are enough to me.
    I disagree. Festivals have gotten stale & need to be freshen up. Having a special zone for Harvest like Yule would be nice & I don't see why we cannot have extra places to go. It gives players more options.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    between Joliet Il and Sturgeon Bay Wi and Iron River Mi
    Posts
    34

    Smile Winter Festival rewards

    I think a tree that can be decorated (or already decorated and perhaps lighted) that can be put in as a Special Furniture would be great. It could be a random decoration...such as a white tree with red bows, a green tree with blue lights, a green tree with colored lights...the variations are endless..pick two and make it random and perhaps use the hobbit quest for that instead or besides the regular white tree.

    Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000158d42/01008/signature.png]Thorsma[/charsig]

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Group1 View Post
    I think a tree that can be decorated (or already decorated and perhaps lighted) that can be put in as a Special Furniture would be great. It could be a random decoration...such as a white tree with red bows, a green tree with blue lights, a green tree with colored lights...the variations are endless..pick two and make it random and perhaps use the hobbit quest for that instead or besides the regular white tree.

    Thanks
    I like this idea

    I always wanted to see a huge lighted tree in Bree during Yule.

  14. #164
    I'd like to see more "mini festivals" throughout the year. There are the big quarterly seasonal ones, and the anniversary event, but I would not mind seeing one "small" festival happen each month or so, lasting about a weekend, say Friday Noon EST till Monday Noon EST so that all continents will have the weekend to play that particular festival. It doesn't have to be big with loads of quests, and perhaps it should focus on some new areas.

    A few suggestions for mini festivals:

    - "Digging for Mathoms" - After finding a curious yet valuable "Mathom Box" in her farmland, Dora Brownlock has caused hobbits and other free people to pick up a mining pick, and go digging at "Suspicious Digging Sites" all over the shire. Similar to perhaps the treasure hunt event, players will dig up "Mathom Boxes", which could contain..... anything from a few silver to perhaps old historical hobbit-like cosmetics and even a rare horse. You get 10 1-use picks, and the quest will have a 1 hour cooldown.

    - "Misplaced furniture" - The deliverers of furniture to the housing furniture vendors have made a mistake. Elven furniture was delivered to the Shire! Hobbit furniture was delivered to Thorin's! The Bree land housing vendor has received Dwarven furniture, and the Elves are stuck with the furniture normally sold by Man of Bree! They all dumped their unwanted wares in front of the housing areas, and are asking you, the player, to rectify the situation. Pick up furniture from one housing area, and bring it to the correct one. After bringing furniture to each housing area 10 times (so 40 runs in total), you get the title "The Deliverer" or perhaps "Delivery Man/Woman" - Cooldown 1 hour, so you would need 10 hours (4 quests per hour) to complete the runs.

    - "Dourhand Messengers" - The dourhands mean business. They are planning to attack Gondamon and are building weapons. They want to inform Skorgrim of their progress with coded messages. They are sending out "Dourhand Messengers" (level 15), and they could be ANYWHERE in level appropriate areas (so practically, all over the shire, bree-land, ered luin, etc). They are fairly rare, and cannot be tracked. Once found, a partial message is retrieved (open tapping rules apply, multiple people can get the partial message) and needs to be returned to the mayor of Bree. He, and a team of experts are trying to decode the message, and need a xyz number of partial messages to crack the code. This is a server event, and can be completed in a weekend.

    Good ideas?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  15. #165
    I would like to see more content for existing festivals. I love the mention of a Trick or Treat element. Maybe if you clicked on doors or had certain NPCs to go to that could work. And you get various rewards or unpleasant buffs depending. I would also love to see Farmer's Faire extended. It's a really great Fall festival and if it was moved to the beginning of August might run longer. I'd also like to see Treasure Hunt occur more often and at more set times (maybe throughout the summer?).

    One additional Festival I'd love to see is Valentine's Day (Sweetheart or Beloved or something nice like that). It would also help bridge the long gap between Yule Festival and Spring. (Then you have Anniversary and Summer, followed by Farmer Faire and Harvestmath). You could have events like delivering valentines, making cookies, and other cute activities.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11
    I love festivals but more lore and less grind might be a good improvement. Personally, I'd like to see more content added to the existing festivals and maybe some new race-specific events also. Some suggestions for new events...

    1) Pie festival. Reuse the Taste of Hobbiton location (from the Summer Festival) populated with different NPCs.
    - Timed pie eating race. Similar to the Yule eating contest.
    - Scavenger hunt. Gerd Whitfoot gives you a shopping list of baking ingredients to collect.
    - Taste test. Holly Hornblower asks you to keep tasting her new pies until you get a yucky "bad pie."
    - Speedy pie delivery. Opal Goodbody calls out different pies and you must pass them to her. Similar to Fat Mayor (from the Farmers Faire).
    - New "Throw Pie" emote reward.

    2) Durin's Day.
    - Timed drinking challenge. Similar to the The Ale Association Challenge.
    - Riddle scavenger hunt. Similar to Bilbo and Lindir's Riddle-game (in Rivendell).
    - Clean up messy spills. Similar to Tidying Up (from Yule Festival).
    - Tokens earned for sparring within the festival area.
    - New "Drinking Horn" cosmetic reward.

    3) Festival of Starlight. Quests are only available between Gloaming- Foredawn.
    - Prepare the feast. Collect prepared food and set tables. Similar to Shelter in the Harrowdale (in Underharrow).
    - Scold drunk elves. Similar to A Revel Too Far (in Lothlorien).
    - Perform a song. Visit 4 bard NPCs to learn the the Elven Hymn to Elbereth. Perform song on the stage (click item in inventory).
    - Star gaze. NPCs ask you to /look into the sky to see their favorite constellation (e.g. Menelvagor, Valacirca, etc).
    - New "Phial of Starlight" emote reward. Similar animation as the Phial of the Swirling Waters or Edhelharn Token.

    4) Great Hunt. Reuse the Hedge Maze in Bree-land.
    - Catch the critters. Similar to the The Chicken Dash (from the Spring Festival) but with squirrels, rabbits, frogs, etc.
    - Timed fox hunt. Transform into a fox, run the maze, and avoid dogs. Click on bushes throughout the maze to get a stealth buff to temporarily be invisible to dogs.
    - New "Sound the Horn" emote reward.
    - New fox themed cosmetic rewards.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arda
    Posts
    483
    Auto-Bestowal Quest
    I love the maps instead of auto-port. For those players/characters that don't want to participate, it makes it easy to quickly clear off the screen and quest log without throwing a character across the world. Please convert all the festivals to use the map quests.

    Maps
    For those characters that love to participate, would it be possible to barter for more of these maps, whether as a permanent skill or consumable items?

    Cosmetic
    For the Yule Festival, consider adding a halo cosmetic as a counterpart to the devil mask we already have. It should be realistic, like a silver headband and with a wire holding it up the halo part.

    Social Events
    I would like to see more social events like Stomp-a-Shrew and the Yule Festival Theatre. Sure Stomp-a-Shrew could be completed solo, but fellowships made it easier and more fun. I had quite a few laughs when I joined a fellowship with a role-player or a highly-competitive person that boasted or lamented about the outcome. Even regular socializing before the event was nice.

    Theatre and Snowball Fight
    The Theatre was less social, but it was fun to be able to interact with other players. It made the actions seem more meaningful. However, I understand that during the off-hours on smaller servers, some people cannot find a three people. I suggest that events like these have NPC's spawn if there are not enough people so they can be soloed.

    Horse Races
    I realize the horse races cannot be made competitive again because of egregious latency issues in the code, but I would like to have the quest bestower give a "ready-set-go" signal. It would not mean anything, except for those players that want a more meaningful, competitive race. I suggest the signal be a triggered by a quest to avoid NPC spam.

    A Game of Hobnanigan
    Please return A Game of Hobnanigan.

    Trick or Treating
    Allow players to go Trick-or-Treating.
    Nice players: They may buy (complete a quest for) their choice of one of several temporary costume buffs (the Orc disguise is already programmed into the game). Players then visit specific NPCs and get a random treat (buff, cosmetic, rare temporary costume, etc).
    Naughty players: They may buy a box of eggs or a related item. They then throw the eggs at a specific NPCs to get a random treat (or debuff!).

    Even better, have the buffs bestowed on every nearby fellowship member, so people go trick-or-treating in groups, just like in real life.

  18. #168
    I don't know if it can be justified under the Lord of the Rings licensing, but there is a cool Festival in The Hobbit. The Elves of Rivendell sang under the stars on MidSummer's Eve. That would be a cool addition to the Summer Fest.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I'd like to see more "mini festivals" throughout the year. There are the big quarterly seasonal ones, and the anniversary event, but I would not mind seeing one "small" festival happen each month or so, lasting about a weekend, say Friday Noon EST till Monday Noon EST so that all continents will have the weekend to play that particular festival. It doesn't have to be big with loads of quests, and perhaps it should focus on some new areas.

    A few suggestions for mini festivals:

    - "Digging for Mathoms" - After finding a curious yet valuable "Mathom Box" in her farmland, Dora Brownlock has caused hobbits and other free people to pick up a mining pick, and go digging at "Suspicious Digging Sites" all over the shire. Similar to perhaps the treasure hunt event, players will dig up "Mathom Boxes", which could contain..... anything from a few silver to perhaps old historical hobbit-like cosmetics and even a rare horse. You get 10 1-use picks, and the quest will have a 1 hour cooldown.

    - "Misplaced furniture" - The deliverers of furniture to the housing furniture vendors have made a mistake. Elven furniture was delivered to the Shire! Hobbit furniture was delivered to Thorin's! The Bree land housing vendor has received Dwarven furniture, and the Elves are stuck with the furniture normally sold by Man of Bree! They all dumped their unwanted wares in front of the housing areas, and are asking you, the player, to rectify the situation. Pick up furniture from one housing area, and bring it to the correct one. After bringing furniture to each housing area 10 times (so 40 runs in total), you get the title "The Deliverer" or perhaps "Delivery Man/Woman" - Cooldown 1 hour, so you would need 10 hours (4 quests per hour) to complete the runs.

    - "Dourhand Messengers" - The dourhands mean business. They are planning to attack Gondamon and are building weapons. They want to inform Skorgrim of their progress with coded messages. They are sending out "Dourhand Messengers" (level 15), and they could be ANYWHERE in level appropriate areas (so practically, all over the shire, bree-land, ered luin, etc). They are fairly rare, and cannot be tracked. Once found, a partial message is retrieved (open tapping rules apply, multiple people can get the partial message) and needs to be returned to the mayor of Bree. He, and a team of experts are trying to decode the message, and need a xyz number of partial messages to crack the code. This is a server event, and can be completed in a weekend.

    Good ideas?
    I love these ideas. Race and lore related and fun! Hope some get adopted.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyBird View Post
    It would be awesome, if you could earn a special hide / mane color as some sort of festival gift, for your warsteed. I'm not near RoR myself, but still! It seems like the colors are really restricted!

    Come on Turbine! Have you ever seen a horse? there are a lot to choose from!
    Every player owns the same warhorse, actually (a baffling decision for an mmo).

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    9
    WTB moar inn league stuff!

    You can't tell me by now a lot more hobbits aren't out in the world and coming back home with more mathoms than ever... that would include lots of taxidermist stuff from all over the place... all bought up by the ever-enterprising Inn League. I mean, everything goes better with Ale!

    Keg of Helchgam Blonde (right click to take a swig and a tentacle pops out of the spout and /slaps you)
    Drunken Dwarf Drawbridge Diorama (same as the existing, but has a couple of dwarfs drunkenly weaving around on it)
    Cave Troll Wine Rack (3 bottles of Rivendell's Finest protrude from his jaws, tilted upwards to properly keep the cork wet!)
    Bottle of Grogg with Stuffed Craban (modeled after Uruk Helmet with Stuffed Craban, just replace the helm with the bottle)
    Inn League Armour Display (modeled after General Talug's Armour Display -- Right click it to lose your pants!)
    Inn League Breakfast Table (table filled with Ales/beers/wines)
    Inn League Seer's Orb (replace orb with large jug filled with ale... right click for a potent drink to "see better")
    Ale of Lagmas (replace arm with bottle)
    Large Drinking Table (...)
    Inn League Hammock (Summer hammock, except it's strung between two large kegs)
    Huge Hobbit Swan Fountain (just like the Elvish one, except, you know, filled with beer! Right click to drink and fall down!)
    Hobbit Brewer's Wagon (while a lot of things are smaller for Hobbits... this should be rather large... at least a Large Yard Deco)
    Inn League Hedge Sculptures (Hobbits with Mugs, Kegs, Giant Mugs, maybe even a giant Wine Glass)

    I guess some of these could be that silly Dwarven "AA" society... but honestly, Dwarves don't really make anything worth drinking anyway, so why bother?

    Frellco

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrazar View Post
    I love festivals but more lore and less grind might be a good improvement. Personally, I'd like to see more content added to the existing festivals and maybe some new race-specific events also. Some suggestions for new events...

    1) Pie festival. Reuse the Taste of Hobbiton location (from the Summer Festival) populated with different NPCs.
    - Timed pie eating race. Similar to the Yule eating contest.
    - Scavenger hunt. Gerd Whitfoot gives you a shopping list of baking ingredients to collect.
    - Taste test. Holly Hornblower asks you to keep tasting her new pies until you get a yucky "bad pie."
    - Speedy pie delivery. Opal Goodbody calls out different pies and you must pass them to her. Similar to Fat Mayor (from the Farmers Faire).
    - New "Throw Pie" emote reward.

    2) Durin's Day.
    - Timed drinking challenge. Similar to the The Ale Association Challenge.
    - Riddle scavenger hunt. Similar to Bilbo and Lindir's Riddle-game (in Rivendell).
    - Clean up messy spills. Similar to Tidying Up (from Yule Festival).
    - Tokens earned for sparring within the festival area.
    - New "Drinking Horn" cosmetic reward.

    3) Festival of Starlight. Quests are only available between Gloaming- Foredawn.
    - Prepare the feast. Collect prepared food and set tables. Similar to Shelter in the Harrowdale (in Underharrow).
    - Scold drunk elves. Similar to A Revel Too Far (in Lothlorien).
    - Perform a song. Visit 4 bard NPCs to learn the the Elven Hymn to Elbereth. Perform song on the stage (click item in inventory).
    - Star gaze. NPCs ask you to /look into the sky to see their favorite constellation (e.g. Menelvagor, Valacirca, etc).
    - New "Phial of Starlight" emote reward. Similar animation as the Phial of the Swirling Waters or Edhelharn Token.

    4) Great Hunt. Reuse the Hedge Maze in Bree-land.
    - Catch the critters. Similar to the The Chicken Dash (from the Spring Festival) but with squirrels, rabbits, frogs, etc.
    - Timed fox hunt. Transform into a fox, run the maze, and avoid dogs. Click on bushes throughout the maze to get a stealth buff to temporarily be invisible to dogs.
    - New "Sound the Horn" emote reward.
    - New fox themed cosmetic rewards.
    Wow, these are great ideas! I can never come up with anything like this . I agree, festivals should be less grindy. It can get really tedious trying to complete all the quests and deeds on 5+ characters. Race-specific festivals would be really neat. I would also love to have a 'Pie Throw' emote .
    [I]"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."[/I] ~ Faramir

    [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Dynamix of Firefoot[/B][/COLOR]

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Texas, USA
    Posts
    38

    Wink

    Existing: There's a few things I think could be altered to the existing festivals.
    Spring: Should come slightly earlier in the year. Perhaps should reward non-dyable cosmetics (IE: Red and white heart dresses/cloaks/robes) and special furniture (Pink wicker anyone?)
    Summer: Maybe the reward for complete all the firework deeds is getting a kit/skill that allows you to build your own 'firework shows' (5-10 fireworks that you can shoot off timed as you wish).
    Farmers Fair: How about a contest to see who can grow the best . This could be a player-interactive game where you must follow certain steps to 'grow' the vegetable, the better you do at the steps, the healthier the vegetable, the higher the score! It could reward tokens for second place, and special furniture or cosmetics for first.
    Fall: Trick-or-Treat in Bree land! There are a thousand and one doors in Bree. Maybe add some NPCs behind them and have players go trick-or-treating! This could reward sweets that could be used to barter for special items.
    Treasure hunt: The idea is great, but the incentive is lacking. Maybe add in more rewards? Possibly ornate clothing in the huge boxes?
    Winter: The winter festival is probably my favorite. But all the same I would love to see it added to. Maybe add some new seasonal items? A greater variety of scarves (stripped, plaid) as well as mittens, ear muffs and so on. How about a steaming cup of tea as a hand held? And best of all: more seasonal housing! How about fireplaces, identical in base to the existing ones, with brightly colored stockings over it? An indoor Christmas tree or two? Mistletoe to hang from the ceiling?


    Now how about you add in a 'Market week' in Bree. This could be an event in the Square where limited-time-only vendors selling their wares (Clothing, housing items, war-steed cosmetics, maybe even PvE items such as jewellery and cloaks with stats) appear. But, oh my! They only want to barter! So what you do is make temporary crafting recipies available uniquely for each crafting proficiency. These allow you to make items that you can barter with. However not all vendors accept all forms of currency! This could involve trading with other players to get the right type of bartering item.

    Also a great addition would be to add in drinking contests in the main inns during festivals. Winning these could bestow titles such as 'Mead-bellied, Holder of Ale, Drainer of Mugs' and so on. As well as ornate hand held mugs and drinking related housing items. (Like tables covered in mugs and spilt ale).
    [B]Crickhollow:[/b] Evandriel, Elgilleth, Rathrilwing,
    [B]Landroval:[/b] Lelyaruivë [Fueled by Rum and Spite], Dalflen , Zanyadel
    [B]Laurelin: [/b] Silmacalë
    [B]Creeps: [/b] Landroval: Ellianakh (warg), Ellianokh (defiler), [Rage Against the Freeps]

  24. #174

    A festival without a parade is like a circus without clowns.

    How about adding mini-games like simple card games (classics and/or "magic the gathering" -type), marbles, dice games, LOTR/LOTRO trivia-based games, checkers, backgammon, derivatives of popular board games, ball tosses like you find in the arcades at amusement parks and other games similar to what you find at fairs? Most could be played inside instances and could be solo or multi-player. They could easily be themed after whatever is being celebrated. Prizes could be themed cosmetics and housing accoutrements or festival tokens or... mithril coins!

  25. #175

    It's the little things that count :)

    Dresses have been missing.
    New deeds
    Creep- side activities either loot drops or token exchanges.

    Thank you Catrean/Kitwen
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000fd3e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload