We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Festival in Buckland!

Buckland looks like a great place to hold a festival!

My main suggestion for festivals, far above all others, is don't add a lot of festivals. I would much rather see the existing festivals increased in duration, with more activities and quests added to them. I don't want to feel like I'm on a constant grind, putting off questing and other social activities to hurry up and gather holiday items before an event ends. Festivals add a lot of "clutter and noise" to areas that are normally quite beautiful and scenic, so please don't have one festival lead straight into another... and another.

In particular, I would love to see new plays for the Frostbluff stage. Perhaps add a new story each year, and let the show go through each one on a rotation. The announcer could let people know which story is coming up next. You might even add a "costume closet" to the backstage area, so that actors can equip appropriate clothing into a cosmetic slot while waiting for the show to begin.

I would love to see more equestrian activities and quests added to the Spring festival. (No surprise, there!) A nice steeplechase with different kinds of obstacles would be excellent.

Add some kind of Turkey chase to the Fall festival. Perhaps we have to run around a pen, catch a Turkey, and carry it to a shipping crate without it wiggling loose. At the end of each round, the farmer can "pardon" all the turkeys.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

I have a few suggestions.....

-Change the path of the Hedge Maze for the Spring Festival

-Change the locations of items in the Haunted Burrow.

-More quest in Winterhome

-Add more Farmer's Faires. Move them to different towns. I.E.-Buckland, Brockenborings, or even to Staddle

-Add different performances in the Frostbluff Theatre.

LESS GRIND. That is the single-most important thing, IMO. I can't say how terribly exhausted, annoyed, and aggravated I get when festivals come around. Festivals should be FUN. Grind does not equal fun. As they are currently, it isn't too bad for a single player. But what about those with alts? Why should we be penalized for loving the game so much that we created so many toons? Grind has its proper place in MMOs, yes. But festivals should be purely about fun. OUR fun. OUR enjoyment. But right now they are too grindy, mMost particularly if they are left to chance (such as those stupid fishing quests/deeds), though also due to simply the time spent just running errands for NPCs.

More cosmetics and decor, and PLEASE more war-steed cosmetics in particular. And not all the fancy ones. I want some trashy looking cosmetics. Why do we all look like either: A) We stepped out of My Little Pony, B) We stepped out of a Disney princess story, or C) We stepped out of the biggest war-scene ever. Can't we have normal WS cosmetics? Or ragged ones? Our characters have theoretically crossed over a dozen lands, been in desert, forest, mountain, cave, ice wasteland, bog, and every other environment known to humanity. Well, except lava, I guess (though we did get some of that in Moria, and perhaps other places I've forgotten). Some ragged, tattered and torn cosmetics would be nice.

Frostbluff is awesome. Can we have something like that for the other festivals? Okay, I get that it'd be hard to move all that AA and IL stuff inside a zone like Frostbluff, and the same with the horse races. But can't everything else (EVERYTHING else) be moved to special zones just like Frostbluff? I guess the Anniversary and Farmer's Faire can stay outside, but the Spring, Summer and Autumn festivals would be nice to have inside a special zone.

I'll keep thinking on this and come back later.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

More DANCES!
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

Combat based yearly event!

Who is the best dueller? or can we make group based duel event 6 on 6?

or

Arena event for fellowship or 12 man - really, really crazy hard fight but with simple machanics so its about how good the players are with those classes. a bit like the barrow down survival which kin can last the longest and post it on forums or make a statue each year with rankings.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000001990/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I feel like the amount of housing decorations is lacking severely! So how about introducing region-specific furniture within the festivals? For instance: elven furniture bartered in Duillond/Celondim, dwarven in thorin's hall and so on! These items being based around the season or festival (of course!)

Also instead of the majority of the festival interaction being Player-NPC make it Player-Player. This could be anything from team participation (like relay races) or player-versus player (such as Horse Racing, eating/fishing contests, etc)
    [B]Crickhollow:[/b] Evandriel, Elgilleth, Rathrilwing,
    [B]Landroval:[/b] Lelyaruivë [Fueled by Rum and Spite], Dalflen , Zanyadel
    [B]Laurelin: [/b] Silmacalë
    [B]Creeps: [/b] Landroval: Ellianakh (warg), Ellianokh (defiler), [Rage Against the Freeps]

Very small events (like the Treasure Hunt) that are only active on for a couple of days every so often, and not related to a season. Things that come to mind are:

- "Keepsake Vendor"
    One or more NPC's that vendor event trophies and cosmetics for these mini-events. These NPCs are always available and do not despawn when an event is over, but only sell their wares for Keepsake Tokens. A currency that will only be available from the mini-events.

- "Hidden Objects"
    Random spawns in a designated area, preferably a creepy and narrow area like the Old Forest, but even the areas could be random. These spawns contain either Keepsake Tokens and/or simple items such as speed boosts or even xp boosts. The tokens can be used to barter with a Keepsake Vendor.

- "Collector's Items"
    Random drops that form collections. For example a collection of 10 different flowers, or 10 different bags, or 10 different pets. When a collection of 10 is complete it can be exchanged for a reward at the Keepsake Vendor. Some collections may be harder to complete than others depending on drop rate. For example the River Fish collection may be easy, but the Golden Statues collection may be really hard.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Holiday Region?

Sounds good to have a region devoted to holiday stuff, but not sure if that's LOTR enough for the game. It would be nice if the quests changed from year to year, like when they changed Bilbo's birthday. Instead of: complete such and such quests deeds for festivals, how about fest rep or deeds that count your quest completions like class skill deeds. Rep would work more like guild rep so you could increase it down the road. So instead of having harvest, summer, winter, treasure....barter items, you'd have Festival Coins that could be used/exchanged at any festival.

Do I really have to run the same course for the Inn league at every fest? why not mix it up a bit make me go to MD before Brock or whatever. Haunted burrow is cool, but the same quests every year, by this point it takes me around ten minutes to run my character through, then Im done and bored with the fest until server reset. Simple things like changing where the items are located would at least add a little spice each year.

The horse race tracks changed around Moria, I think, but what's wrong with the horse race guy changing up the course every year? And we're not really doing anything for him. Most quests involve us helping someone and then we get paid. How is running that race helping the horse guy? We should have to pay to run the race, say with Festival Coins. Then bring back the horse tokens and make fest horses more valuable/rare/buffed up. Not sure how hard it is to make new horseys but changing the appearance of the fest horseys each year would be cool. Maybe you could even save up a lot and buy a Festival Horse that you could equip with different holiday (festival) appearances. Of course you'd have to be kin with the Festival faction to get it.

Festival fishing trophies (i mean we do have to fish a lot lately - update those)

I have to consume 300 or something haunted barrows items to complete a deed. that seems a wildly high amount. The cd is like 20 minutes, you can only get x amount of barter items a day. For a completionist, its absolute torture.

Did I miss it or is there not a pop up that tells me about pirate day/fest? I miss it every year. why isn't that a bigger deal?

my point? new quests for the old fests
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000a128d/01005/signature.png]Mattard[/charsig]

I fear I only have complaints to contribute to this. Storytime:

I used to love festivals. I started playing during a summer festival, I was instantly charmed. I met friends in game because of festivals later.

But there always were the consumables. And it got worse over time when my tolerance for them dropped to zero and below and I only know hate now. The block setting happened but it is not good enough in my opinion. It bothers me that people can still get points for chasing after me. It goes to the territory of them using my characters for some gain.
    My server got lot of new people at one point and there is really no downtime with less people around anymore either, it used to be my escape.
    Festivals have became running away from strangers who I will now by default think as horrible people.

Then there was the change to the winter festival last year. I learned about it, I read about it. I completely skipped it, visiting the winter town only once to check a vendor and not spending a single token. This year I'm just thinking that I can have a break from lotro again since I don't have to worry about winter festival, yay!

I was also sad to lose the tradeable festival ticket system.

Then happened that there were only few new items to barter this year...

I don't know what else to say. The charm has all been fading for a good while for me. :/
    Last edited by Linet; Dec 18 2013 at 05:17 AM.

1- Don't create more events/festivals, instead work to turn more interesting the already available ones, like more time (2 weeks can be too few time, especially for people with many alts) and more quests

2 - At least during festivals, a swift travel horse to Hobbiton and the Bree Festival Grounds

3 - Some of the daily quests/events, like the hidden chest in the Haunted Burrow are locked in a exactly 24h timer, change them to reset with the server, like all the other dailies

4 - If failing a horse race, retrying must be possible in the same moment or even 5 minutes later, like in other cases, not after waiting 1h

5 - Change the Farmer's Faire Egg Hunt, when even a solitary player can't win because the round spawned insuficient eggs, something is very wrong. Maybe something like the flowers quest in Spring Festival (grab many eggs you can in a limited time, but in a bigger area and a bit more time and you always will receive at least a single token and accounting for the deed)

6 - Turn rewards like mounts, war-steeds cosmetics and emotes in bound to account (this one must be considered not only in festivals, but in things like warbands lootboxes too)

7 - The Treasure Hunt event has some of the possible drops available at the barter vendor too (some are exclusive of the barter), same at the Spring Festival where was possible to get some things both from the gift boxes and directly with barter, maybe some more drops can be available at the barters, then those who are lucky or like gambling can continue trying their luck with drops and the others at least will have a opportunity to get that mount or festival recipe or something.

8 - Put the Farmer's faire in a instanced area or at least remove the normal non-festival NPCs from the area, is troublesome enough trying to check the speeches of the drunken NPCs with all the text floating around without extra noise from desnecessary NPCs

9 - In the Haunted Burrow, permit some quests to be taken at the same time to economize time (when someone had a lot of alts, 20-30 min per char can be a lot of time)

10 - The festival quests give IXP too, what about a forge-master and relic-master both in Hobbiton and Bree Festival Grounds, at least during events? Same in Winterhome

Allow us to earn previous year's rewards during the event. Take for example, this year's Yule event: 75 mithril for one steed, on one character, is a bit past exorbitant.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Those steeds are from YEARS ago. The one from last year can be gotten with festival tokens.

I am now disappointed in the festival and have little wish to do it. No new housing items! I had hundreds of tokens saved up from last year, so I don't need to grind for any more. Again, if you are having trouble coming up with ideas, ask us players! We're full of ideas! The more artistic ones might even make a drawing for you.
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    Allow us to earn previous year's rewards during the event. Take for example, this year's Yule event: 75 mithril for one steed, on one character, is a bit past exorbitant.
    If they had them in the store, which allot of times they do, you'd have to use tps to buy them.

Personally, I find the multiple token currencies for each festival to be annoying. There should be a single festival currency for all festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    Announcement: On Halloween Night every year the gates of the Ettenmoors are released and the monsters of the world charge upon the free people!

This day no infamy or condemnations are received.

The creeps are let out of their hometown and are allowed to travel anywhere in the world of men yet they do not have maps so they must run everywhere they wish to go.

It is up to the free people to defend there homeland and protect the lower leveled freeps. Creeps are allowed to go into Bree and all other places of the world for one night before they are driven back to there homeland.

Let's give the freeps the scare of their lives!

Anybody else think this would be fun?
    I like this idea

Announcement: On Halloween Night every year the gates of the Ettenmoors are released and the monsters of the world charge upon the free people!

The creeps are let out of their hometown and are allowed to travel anywhere in the world of men yet they do not have maps so they must run everywhere they wish to go.

It is up to the free people to defend there homeland and protect the lower leveled freeps. Creeps are allowed to go into Bree and all other places of the world for one night before they are driven back to there homeland.

Let me know when this will be. I'll make sure I don't log into the game when this happens. If I wanted PvP, I'd go to the Ettenmoors.
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    As to mounts- PLEASE STOP WITH THE TABLE CLOTHS!!! OMG! it was bad this year with this. Seemed there was not much thought put into the festival mounts this year. I don't know which festival mount was worse this year, the steed of plenty or the steed of the bat. Another thing with the mounts is please stop with all the head gear. It's fine on mounts once in awhile but it seems you in this pattern & it really needs to change.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. Please tone down the mounts. They're so garish now that it's been YEARS since I've even wanted a festival mount.

Me wants a Shire pack-horse.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

I am sure that this has been brought up, but is worth mentioning. On the Yule fest (and it only seems to be this fest) the "gating" of rewards. Requiring me to complete x number of quests, to get the steed. Being an adult, with a family and a job, this is ridiculous. When you limit the number of times I can complete a quest in a given period (with the only solution being spending MC's) and requiring something like 120 quests completed to earn the right to a steed...well, all I can say is miss a day or two, and you are out of luck.

As I mentioned, this was only the Yulefest. On the other fests, I appreciated the fact that if I missed a day, I could run my beer deliveries, do the fest quests, and stay on track. Requiring special currencies, quest completion gates and grinding, seemed like a thinly veiled money grab. Miss some quests? Well, sorry about that. Feel free to spend money for resets though! I go to fests to have fun, get some need steeds (I collect) and enjoy the season. Not be in a fevered race to complete as many quests as possible, I have wasted the entire time.

Not in the slightest. Watching Creeps gank lowbies? No thanks. Picture a new player, fresh to the game...steps out of the starting instance....and gets one-shotted. Respawns at the rez circle...gets one-shotted by campers. Logs off in disgust. Even for not so new people, this would suck. You could get exactly zero done that day. Packs of creeps roaming all over... One of the things I (and others, I 'll wager) like about this game is PvP is in it's own world.

Quote Originally Posted by Datheor View Post
    Not in the slightest. Watching Creeps gank lowbies? No thanks. Picture a new player, fresh to the game...steps out of the starting instance....and gets one-shotted. Respawns at the rez circle...gets one-shotted by campers. Logs off in disgust. Even for not so new people, this would suck. You could get exactly zero done that day. Packs of creeps roaming all over... One of the things I (and others, I 'll wager) like about this game is PvP is in it's own world.
    Reminds me of my first (and only) venture on Darktide on Asheron's Call so many years ago.

In my kin we sometimes run a riddle-based treasure hunt, where we will position officers around middle-earth with riddles, the answers to which will be the location of the next riddle and so on. Would be good to have something like this. Can be a random event that runs for a day every couple of months. NPCs at each place could have a set number of riddles for them, say, 3 riddles, and will select at random one for the player - creating a number of pathing options to make it more challenging. For us the winner would be the first to complete the chain and reach the end, but in the game we could have some fun rewards at the end (like the master of riddles title) or some cool house items etc.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Please add the festival tokens to the Inn League and the Ale Association

Quote Originally Posted by lockecd View Post
    Please add the festival tokens to the Inn League and the Ale Association
    I thought they were already there, at a conversion rate of 3:1?

Please stop handing out ridiculous exp rewards for festival quests.
    My lvl 89 loremaster just handed in a single quest and was awarded >23k exp + LI exp (causing a levelup there).

This is far too high!

I personally would prefer that festivals are festivals and do not mingle with your character development at all. They should only be funny to do.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast