We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Following my awesome post about Halloween night *hint hint check it out above* the freeze tag game is one of the funniest things I've done with a raid of 24. If that could be moved closer to Bree so more people would know it's there would be cool

Just learned about it like a year ago and been here like 5. So yeah so more people would know about it not many people do

Also what about seasons through at every zone not just mountains but in real life winter it would snow and build up on houses in Bree.

Another thing maybe snowball fights are super fun at Yule but no point except hit somebody x amount of times like I think they should be 0cd but like a 2 second induction so people could hide behind a tree/house if somebody is aiming to throw one. And maybe don't make it just at festivals have snow piles in towns when it's winter in real life that you can collect an maybe max 5 at a time and you can go around town hitting people. And maybe an affect would be placed on you maybe if you get hit you get knocked down for 1 second or something with a 1 minute immunity or something afterword.

So yeah a 2 second induction with 0cd and like. 1 second animation so after they get knocked down they can have time to hide somewhere before you get them again or something I don't know.

Also some more minor games added to festivals would be cool like freeze tag

I would love any of these to happen especially the Ettenmoors one above
    Last edited by stormshadowking; Dec 17 2013 at 02:38 PM.
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

I would love to see some more culture related festivals, specific to regions and races, with the opportunity to earn titles, cosmetics and mounts from them. Some festival occurances could even be limited to mornings or evenings, a specific weekend date, etc.

For example, I'd like to be able to earn a Dunlending dress or tunic that makes it look like my character has body paint or tatoos, and war steed cosmetics that give my horse painted markings as well, and maybe the quests would be hunting related to "earn" your markings. Maybe there's a certain time of a season that they allow their young men and women to participate in these hunting tournaments to prove their worth as warriors.

Or there could be a summer starlight quest in honor of Earendil for the Elves that earns a garment or banner with the "light of a star" with special Elven steed cosmetics. It could include a sacred journey to the different Elf lands and maybe some secret places with riddles to be answered to "gain enlightenment".

It would be kind of like crossing festivals with reputation so there would only be certain times of the year these things could be earned, but the rewards would be very unique. Of course, the rewards would also most likely be bound to the character who made the accomplishments. The trials could have varying difficulties for reward levels and character levels (maybe even some small instances for grouping?) so people could even choose their challenges.

And I'd also like to see some new, fresh quests added to the current festivals.

Pie Day

Pie Day, March 14th. How are the Hobbits not all over that?

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Well what I would like to see is not a new event but a add on to one of my fave festivals & that is the Harvest Festival.

I would so love seeing a add on special region like the Yule Festival has for Harvest. An old spooky town that has a forest/graveyard. You could also have a haunted corn maze. Have your characters actually bobbing for apples, have different places where your character can go trick or treating & get special goodies, have complete sets of costumes you can barter for, complete theme sets of housing furniture.

I don't know what all you can do with my suggestion but I really hope you consider it. I love the Haunted Burrow but it just is not enough, we need something more added to keep us busy & wanting to keep on doing the festival & I think this is a great idea.
    This! Sounds like fun! You could go to the starter areas and Bree and talk to NPCs to get goodies.

Also I'd love to see more housing items. Ones that I would like to see the most? Oddly enough I want a wintery welcome mat and a spring welcome mat. We have summer and autumn, so we need one for the other two seasons. I like to change my house and kinhouse to match the season in RL. Also... I don't know if this is possible with the game engine, but I'd love to see the housing areas change with the seasons too. But I don't know if it's possible. I know other people have said they'd love it too. Something to maybe at least look into? Please devs? I has cookies! You can has cookies!
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

Quote Originally Posted by Amariel28 View Post
    This! Sounds like fun! You could go to the starter areas and Bree and talk to NPCs to get goodies.

Also I'd love to see more housing items. Ones that I would like to see the most? Oddly enough I want a wintery welcome mat and a spring welcome mat. We have summer and autumn, so we need one for the other two seasons. I like to change my house and kinhouse to match the season in RL. Also... I don't know if this is possible with the game engine, but I'd love to see the housing areas change with the seasons too. But I don't know if it's possible. I know other people have said they'd love it too. Something to maybe at least look into? Please devs? I has cookies! You can has cookies!
    Happy you like my ideas.

Speaking of welcome mats, yes we need one for winter & spring. I would love seeing the winter one with a snowman on. Actually I would like seeing themed welcome mats. Could have flowers on the spring one & a pumpkin for the fall one. Maybe put a sun or fish on the summer one.

There is a summer and fall one already. Though that's not to say they could use a retexture. :P For winter I'd think white with ice-blue designs. Snowflakes. Maybe elvish designs. Spring could be.... Hmmm... Pale green background with colorful flowers on it. Like the flower fields you see during spring fest.
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Here are some thoughts for festival additions and alterations.

Trick/Festival Skills and Items
    One general idea for all festival that have 'skill items' like the Anniversary Fireworks, Tomato or Pedal items take these and turn them into festival skills.
    For all the trick deed items make these all Bound to Account please. This way if for instance you finish the deed on one char and have another who needs the items you can send it over to them to use.

Housing
    If it is possible for Housing to have an environmental season theme added to the exterior of our houses it would be great to have one for each major season.
    Stop making housing items or cosmetic bind. These are fluff items we should be able to move them around, lend them out as we want instead of having them bound to a specific character.

Expand each Festival to a different Region of the Map
    Use Festival horses to send players to instanced versions of Rivendell, Caras Galadhon, Snowbourn, Edoras at different festivals. Each would be fitted to a specific festival and theme. Snowbourn would be perfect for Farmer's Fair or Harvestmath. Rivendell would be good for Harvestmath. Caras Galadhon fits good for Spring or Summer and has its own vineyard for wine.

Harvestmath

Fil Gasha gave us this great armor disguise that many of us love. It would be really great to have a couple more housing items like this. One for a Cargul disguise for example would be great! Another option would be the dream state coloring as a temporary effect from Tomb of the Forsaken.

Make the White Skeleton Steed quest/deed bound to account so that if you obtained it on 1. a char who already has it or 2. a char you don't want it on you can send it to the character you really want it on

New Quest Ideas
    Leaf Jumping
    So its fall the leaves are falling so why not gather up a bunch of leaves and then either have us or children npcs jumping in them.

Yule Festival
    Snowball fights are one of the most enjoyable aspects of this festival it would be nice to have these quests put back to their original timer allowing them to be redone any time the festival is up.
    Similarly it would be very nice to have a 'pile of snow' yard item that would let you pick up snowballs for use in housing zones for snowball fights.

New Quest Ideas
    Toys for the Tots
    Get the quest from one of the people working on the wood. You have to go out and gather some wood from the forest areas. Then you have to craft toys out of the wood. It could work like the spears in Galtrev quest. Then you run around town handing them out to new children npcs placed around town.

A Giving Spirit

You convince one of the wealthy members of town to donate food or cloths to the less fortunate in town. You then either gather food or clothing and hand them out to the phased beggar npcs.

Snowball Fighting Kids

Add some Children to the Snowball Fighting Field. Add a new quest similar to Brigand Bashing and the Tag game in Langhold and Harwick. This time you are simply throwing snowballs at the children.

A New Play

Add another play to the theater making it so the plays alternate between one another. Exactly what the plot would be I'm not sure... maybe something around Frodo's leaving the Shire using the mysterious Black Rider who was looking for Baggins/Shire.

Freeze Tag

Why not bring the Freeze Tag game that exists by the Bree festival grounds and add a new section for use over in Winter Home?

Ice Fishing
    WIldermore dailies introduced ice fishing into the game. Why not reuse this mechanic. It coudl be done with or without a mount.

Spring Festival
    Add a Tag game into the Hedge Maze.

Anniversary Festival
    Bring back and fix Game of Hobnanigan for the Anniversary

Summer Festival
    New Quest Ideas
    Over Heated
    Why not have a quest where different npcs are over heated and need to be cooled off. Put in a couple different methods for cooling them off. Fanning them with big fans or getting them a drink like lemonade or dousing them with a bucket of water.

Water Races
    Its summer and 'hot' out so why not use the lakes and rivers to our advantage and put in some swimming races.

Farmer's Fair
    This festival currently feels very solid to me. Not sure what else I would add to it.

Treasure Hunt Event
    The only real changes I would make here as follows.
    Make the mounts obtained from chests Bound to Account so you can trade them to alts.
    Put in a barter npc to trade the chest obtained mounts so if you got the Treasure Goat but want the Caveclaw Horse/Pony you can exchange them.

Rohan Daily Style Quests
    With the Rohan and the Hytbold Dailies we've seen a number of new mechanics come into the game that would translate very well to game festivals. Here are a few ideas based on things I've seen in the game.

Brigand Bashing
    We already have this in the form of the Ale Hall Arena when it comes to player verse player but a player verse npc version would be a nice change of pace and make it so you can always take part in the game regardless of however many people are online.

Tag
    We've had the freeze tag arena in existence forever and people use it sporadically but with the Hytbold Dailies we have the game of tag changing the children around Harwick. This mechanic could translate very well to an area like Frostbluffs. You're given a task to catch the rowdy kids or something like that.

Burning the Banners
    With one of the Cliving dailies we got introduced this mechanic of throwing javelins/spears at banners as we ride up to them. This I think is something everyone would enjoy a lot if added to something like the Spring or Summer festivals. If the mechanic requires a war-steed then maybe there could be a special arena with a game steed similar to how we use special mounts for the festival horse races.

Jousting
    Similar to the banners javelin quest maybe it would be possible to have a jousting arena setup like the center of the Harwick Horse Stables where you either go against an npc or a player depending on how well it would work out.

Climbing the Beacon
    Ok a lot of people don't like this quest as they tend to over move as they are jumping up. That said a lot of people in the game have always liked to challenge ourselves and the game environment by seeing what we can reach. We used to do this by climbing up to the top of the Bree Auction House before the on ramp to that was removed. People have since continued to test the bounds of each environment. So why not use this challenge to the games advantage and build it into an event location for peoples option of taking part in it?

Resupplying the Lines
    Ok so a carrying quest isn't exactly fun but the the running the ropes and dodging the craban actually is something I liked with this quest. It could translate well to fun games similar to us walking the bullroarer's fence.
    I don't know that I can add anything to these awesome suggestions. I would mention that after 6.5 years playing that I'm burned out on festivals. It feels like the rewards are just reskinned ideas and I don't have much desire to participate. But, new and exciting cosmetics, housing items, etc. would bring me back to grinding out the festivals.

EDIT: And Armarthiel was absolutely the most fun; wish there were some way to do this again. Maybe a good job for some interns???
    Last edited by Asileth; Dec 17 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    *Shaedoe 100 Loremaster "The Diva" * Boudicia 100 Captain * Asilith 100 Hunter * *Elisel 100 Mini * Lywynn 100 Guard * Pupyluv Rank 6 Stalker

My festival participation is coloured by the fact that I have 14 toons. For several years I tried to get the festival horse on all of them. This went by the wayside last year, when there was no way I was going to get the winter festival deed done on all of them. I finished it on four, and that was as much as I could manage. Also, I have a high tolerance for repeating quests -- you don't want to know how many times I've run the haunted burrow!

I believe that it shouldn't take more than three days to get enough tokens for the horse. That's not just for me and my insane number of alts. A lot of my kinsmates won't bother with the festival at all, because they have a low tolerance for repeating quests. It seems like the cost of the festival horse has been going up over the past several years. I was glad to see in the harvest festival that the warsteed cosmetic was the same price as the horse. Last year's winter fest where you had to do three times as much work for it was ridiculous. They should be the same price.

Prices on cosmetics and housing items have been fine. I would like to see more variety in festival cosmetics. It seems like you design them on two or three basic shapes. There are some beautiful dresses in the new areas that we would love to have.

It may also be time for another horse design contest. It seems like the festival horses were awesome while you were using up the designs from the first contest. Now they all seem alike. And whoever's doing the design for the horses and the festival cosmetics has very different taste than I do. Getting input from more people would mean that, while nobody's going to like everything, at least over the course of the year you'll like something.

I don't really do PvMP. At all. But stormshadowking's idea of one day of utter chaos of creeps everywhere warms the dark hackles of my heart. The only thing I would add to that is that logging in during that day would allow you to leave the Ettenmoors, and you could stay out with the following conditions 1) Once you are killed out anywhere else, you respawn back in the moors and are stuck until next year; 2) Each day after the day of release, your maximum morale if outside the moors is reduced 10%, so you get a surge initially that becomes easier to beat back over time, until the tenth day when all the creeps are banished. Perhaps on the first day, give the creeps a 40% boost, making this a two week event. I wouldn't want this overlapping other festivals for obvious reasons, so maybe the day of chaos could be the day after Harvestmath ends?

Did the festival currency unification ever get done? It seems to me, just consolidating some other ideas in this thread, we could have whatever festival tokens during the festival, for use getting that year's stuff, converted (like seals, but at the end of the festival) to the generic festival token to barter for previous years' goodies (all those mounts that were offered during years I wasn't playing, for example). Maybe some NPC could offer year round access to the old stuff (and consumables in particular)? Tom Bombadil, maybe-seems like a party guy to me that might have some leftovers from years gone by.

Edit:also, it'd be nice if the fishing festival quests cared about this fishing stat I've been wandering all of Middle Earth to max out. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Moln; Dec 17 2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariel28 View Post

Yes, I'd love to see the housing areas change with the seasons, and I'd love for more of the housing rewards from festivals to change seasonally as well. The Door Mats are a good example. But Also things like the Summer Festival banner have versions for all seasons, or the fall apple tree having an icicle covered winter version, a flowering spring version, and a green summer version full of apples! A seasonally changing hammock would be awesome as well. Walls that use the basic walls for backdrops with seasonal flair added in would be awesome.

1. Remove the auto-port quest that automatically bestows whenever you log in, level up, switch characters, finish a session play, etc. Instead just direct people to use the festival stable horse at any starter zone stable.

2. If you cannot remove the auto-bestow festival quest, at LEAST make it so you can click either DECLINE or FINISH LATER and MAKE IT DISAPPEAR OFF YOUR SCREEN.

3. If you are unable/unwilling to do that, then please connect a clock with this quest that it will only bestow once every 24 hours per character.

4. Include NICE cosmetic rewards, not just slightly altered artwork on old skins.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Add some Lore-based smaller festivals, only there for a day or two. Things like Durin's Day, or Yaviere, or, (not Cormare , that hasn't happened yet! (cooking guild relic!)), and any other. I dont know many of the top of my head, those are just some from the Hobbit movie and Cooking Relics, but there are likely plenty of small things like that which could be added to only the place where it would take place, or somewhere representing that. (For example, Durin's Day in Moria or Thorin's Hall; Yaviere at Minas Tirith when we get to Gondor, etc.) They could give crafting recipes, cosmetic items, a medal, just tiny things to make it a fun, not grindy, festival.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

I absolutely loved the Amarthiel attacks too. It was the most fun I ever had in LOTRO. I surely hope they do it again, maybe with Saruman?

Quote Originally Posted by amandakay View Post
    I would like to see extended support for player run events. Last year's Weatherstock was fantastic. I might be in the minority, but I absolutely loved the Amarthiel attacks. My fondest memory from that was waiting at the camp outside the Rift when she appeared just outside the camp. Some of us were defeated...a few times...but it was great fun, and we did manage a few of the cosmetic items. It might help if an attacker scaled to the place where they were attacking. Can you imagine a band of level 15 goblins attacking the Shire? If someone appeared inside an instance, I would hope they would be polite and wait until the group wasn't attacking a boss.
    [B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000320e6/01003/signature.png]Brunodoc[/charsig]
    [COLOR=Green]Brunodir: rank 6 Champion - GM Woodworker, Weaponsmith | Brunodoc: rank 5 Minstrel - GM Jeweller, Cook | Brunorod: rank 1 Captain - GM Scholar, Farmer | Brunodic: rank 3 Burglar - GM Tailor, Metalsmith | Brunobor: rank 2 Lore-master[/COLOR][/B]

I remember an event they had in WoW once. Yes I KNOW this isn't WoW. And sometimes it's not good form to steal ideas. But I'm going to play devil's advocate and mention it anyway.

I think it was before they released Wrath of the Lich King. Up until the expansion all the major cities would periodically get attacked by undead. I think there was a timing to it, but I'm not sure. Could have been random too. But it was kind of fun. Why not have orc attacks at random on cities in Rohan? Mainly the major ones. Make them strong enough not to get killed easily by the guards. Players could either be in a group or not. Maybe add deeds into the mix. Kill so many, get a prize and/or TP, then the next tier opens up. *shrugs* Just an idea. Make it a group of 50 orcs and watch the chaos. ;P

Lightbulb Yule Festival/ Seasonal Looks

First I'll address the Yule Festival. And just for all you new-to-Yule Festival players...

***SPOILER ALERT***

You know that little corner of the town where the poor people are located? That we "aren't" supposed to see? You know, the place where Gareth Rust and Daley Utteridge are? And do you remember the Yule Festival Intro Quest (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...of_Winter-home)? I believe you could build on that part of the town and the feeling there and give Frostbluff its own (possibly) repeatable Quest Arc, though not related to the Epic Story. Put what I've heard about in Wildermore (I believe it was called "phasing or thereabouts.) to good use and "phase" Frostbluff, but don't disable the regular repeatables, though.

***END SPOILER ALERT***

And now, for the Seasonal Looks. Anyway, we celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. in Frostbluff, so why not celebrate winter elsewhere. Maybe not with quests (That would be stealing Frostbluff's job.), but with looks. For example, Bree could look sort of like a less harsh version (more of just regular snowfall than a snowstorm) of what it looks like in (*minor spoiler*) (ex.) the Skirmish "Thievery and Mischief." I understand some places like the Trollshaws just getting a dusting of snow or something, but maybe just a snow graphic, like there is with the rain.

That's just my slightly large two cents. Please post feedback on this. If you do criticize, please try to make it constructive criticism.

Red face Harvest Thoughts

In regards to the Harvest/Halloween themed ideas and coming from a former UO player there is one thing that was fun to do around that time in UO. All NPC's were changed around that time during the event to where you could say Trick of Treat that would bring up a cursor and allowed you to target an NPC and you would randomly get treats (candy/edibles/rarities) or a trick that would do something to adversely affect your character for a short time (noises, turning you into a monster, and even health damaging tricks but that probably wouldn't fit in LOTRO). There was a cooldown on each NPC after you did it so it made it more worth it to go out and explore/find more NPC's. Some of the rewards outside of candy was rare drops for your continued efforts into trick or treating and other quests rewarded you things such as Halloween masks for your character to use.

I think this could work in LOTRO in some fashion. I hope this isn't seen in bad fashion linking this but some of the most fun in UO was around the Halloween season when they started putting together events: http://www.uoguide.com/Halloween_2009

I know there's a lot of former UO veterans like myself on LOTRO so I'm sure some others remember this.

I also wanna add that there needs to be more love put into festival rewards. This year was pretty bad. Anniversary event was well pathetic in the rewards department. Sure I liked some of the re colors but would have liked seeing new stuff.

As to mounts- PLEASE STOP WITH THE TABLE CLOTHS!!! OMG! it was bad this year with this. Seemed there was not much thought put into the festival mounts this year. I don't know which festival mount was worse this year, the steed of plenty or the steed of the bat. Another thing with the mounts is please stop with all the head gear. It's fine on mounts once in awhile but it seems you in this pattern & it really needs to change.

The biggest issue with Festivals at the moment for me is the Summer Festival. The others have all had more attention than this one, leaving it as a kind of runt of the pack. I know that this is likely because Summer is when the devs are usually working full swing on the expansion. With no expansion planned for 2014, the Summer Festival really needs to get some love. It needs new events, quests, and rewards. It needs something as fun as the Maze (Spring), Egg Hunt (Farmer's Faire), Haunted Burrow (Autumn), and Winterhome (Winter). Sadly the Dwarf and Hobbit races just don't cut it, as they are largely passive activities, not to mention being too dominated by the RNG (surely we could have a quest chain to rig the races with some naughty Dwarf or Hobbit once per day).

No Festival should launch without new rewards. The Anniversary last time was quite disappointing because of this. It was good that the devs got some reskinned rewards in at the last minute, but they certainly don't beat entirely new rewards. The Anniversary event could also have done with something brand new, even just a small quest chain.

I think a few Festival quest chains that send us all over Middle-earth might be nice for variety, and especially to break up the crowds at single locations. These scavenger hunts (perhaps with deeds to find, for example, 10 snowmen throughout various regions) should reward a large amount of tokens, or unique rewards, to make them worthwhile (given they will likely take some time to complete).

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

19. I.A. Unlike some here, I actually don't play in the Moors -- but I can see the allure of creeps wanting to escape and invade the free-lands. But how could this possibly be accomplished without 1) totally breaking lore (e.g. even the Nazgul couldn't find Rivendell), and 2) totally terrorizing freeps who do not want to be terrorized?

1) I'd restrict the incursion to anywhere that is not guarded by freep NPCs. So all of the cities and starter zones are off-limits (rather, the creep is insta-killed by the uber-level NPCs at the gate). Probably also need to close off the housing neighborhoods. And make stable-travel safe between zones (it probably already is).

2) Default toggle option for "I don't want to play your reindeer games" if you want to be immune from creep attacks (unless you go into the Moors of course). Works just like the immunity for forced-emotes: the creep can try, but you won't be affected.

What does this leave for the rampaging creep-horde? Only those characters with the option turned on who are out in the landscape somewhere. But if you are killed once, then you are immune for some period of time (to avoid groups of creeps just sitting at the rez circles, or repeatedly chasing down someone who is just trying to turn in a quest or somesuch). Still, it might be interesting if it is well-balanced, limited duration, and perhaps if there are consequences for the creeps (lose prestige if your raid 'fails'?).

I.B. Failing that, having the occasional random NPC warband show up in the lower-level areas might be interesting. Actually, these signature mobs already exist; perhaps the frequency with which they show up needs to be increased slightly?

II. Sports.

1. Horse Races between players. Use existing tracks like Hengstacers and Festival courses, but allow multiple riders. Some sort of automated random start-emote, once everyone clicks that they are ready. Disable all speed buffs in the vicinity. Random level-appropriate prizes (like how hobbit presents are generated).

2. Golf. Come on ... Bullroarer Took? The Greenfields already looks like a golf course waiting to happen anyway. Tie it to the spring or summer festival and let folks play a few holes. Given the catapult physics in the epic battles, there has to be a way to do this. Increased proficiency (and or a higher-level club ala the crafted fishing poles) allows your 'target area' to be smaller, making a higher likelihood for the ball to go in. Fending off goblins during the round of golf could also be fun.

3. Soccer. Or something like that. Swatting chickens with sticks sounds cruel. Kicking a ball through a goal-opening would have the same kind of team/game dynamic.

4. Fishing tournament. You already have the mechanic in place everywhere. And the trophy-fish. Just figure out a way to have a tournament, perhaps during the summer festival. Folks register, then go fishing -- whoever catches the biggest fish in whatever category wins (excludes anything you've already got floating around in your barter wallet).

III. Festivals.

I can't think of any specific suggestions, other than what has already been mentioned. Rotate and/or add quests each time, so that it isn't exactly the same handful of repeatable quests each time that festival rolls around; or vary it by day, ala the Hytbold Dailies (X quests total, only Y of them available any given day or any given year). Change up the rewards, more variety in the cosmetics.

IV. Hunting.

Have it work much like fishing, certain trophies available in certain areas. But the 'hobby' part of it would have to involve something which would level the playing field with the hunter-class -- perhaps using some sort of standardized bow (no LIs!) which allows hunting but isn't good enough to defeat evil-doers with. As above, you could have a tournament during the fall -- whoever brings in the biggest game-animal during the time-period, wins.
    Byrcha of Landroval, officer of the Lonely Mountain Band

I really feel there has been little to no thought put into cosmetics lately. Especially festival cosmetics. I used to LIVE for festivals because I am kind of a lotro fashionista. I have so many clothes it's embarrassing. In fact I have been looking for a middle earth salvation army so I can start donating. But these recent festivals have really sucked when it comes to cosmetics. They are so hard to get. There are no dresses. A robe and two cloaks is such a disappointment. And on top of that they dye so poorly. In fact I was really disappointed by the addition of a new color to the dye system simply because it shines a light on the fact that the existing dye-able items are kind of a joke as of late. I understand that cosmetics are a fluff piece when it comes to development but so are festivals. They go hand in hand. And when everything requires such a ridiculous grind lately (someone said it best earlier when they pointed out how the joy had been sucked out) it would be nice to see the rewards be something desirable. What this game really needs in this area, is a return to the fun and a departure from the grind. We need fun cosmetics and fun rewards, and we should be encouraged to play these events (snowball fight, anyone?) As often as possible and as often as we want. The more people play, the more fun it is. And I would also go so far as to say, the better the reward, the more fun it is. I know this is a post about festival suggestions but I would love to see a sizeable improvement in cosmetics (and maybe character models) in the future as well. Festival rewards are just a great area to start.

1. Chicken Ball
    2. Fewer quests that require competition for items with other players, especially in small crowded areas (flowers, envelopes, shrews, eggs, etc.)
    3. Banishment of all horse-tablecloths to the fires of Mount Doom
    4. A more sensible festival currency system and an end to deed-gating for festival barter rewards

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post
    I think it would be a nice touch to create a new elven-centric festival called "A Fest of Starlight" to go along with the Feast of Starlight mentioned in the new hobbit movie.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. The elves seem forgotten after all the other festivals. I think it would be neat to do an elf festival.

Dare I say it....fellowship festival quests? *runs away and hides*

I think it would be fun to have a few group/fellowship quests in some of the festivals. After all, festivals are about everyone gathering together to enjoy the season and all it offers, right? If the quests were done well enough where they offer a nice reward and a fun goal, but weren't necessary in completing the story-line or earning all the barter rewards, it would be nice. You could actually enjoy the festival with other people instead of constantly soloing and grinding out quests. It could mix things up a bit and offer a different festival experience.

Get rid of the incredibly annoying icon that pops up every day or every time I log in or every time I level trying to force me to go to a festival I have no interest in. In order to get the yule war steed appearance in the 2012 yule festival I had to do 120 quests before it ended - no carryover to the next year - and it burned me out. I haven't been to a festival since and I resent the oversized icons that continuously appear.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

[QUOTE=VeteranLurker;7043451]I.A. Unlike some here, I actually don't play in the Moors -- but I can see the allure of creeps wanting to escape and invade the free-lands. But how could this possibly be accomplished without 1) totally breaking lore (e.g. even the Nazgul couldn't find Rivendell), and 2) totally terrorizing freeps who do not want to be terrorized?

1) I'd restrict the incursion to anywhere that is not guarded by freep NPCs. So all of the cities and starter zones are off-limits (rather, the creep is insta-killed by the uber-level NPCs at the gate). Probably also need to close off the housing neighborhoods. And make stable-travel safe between zones (it probably already is).

2) Default toggle option for "I don't want to play your reindeer games" if you want to be immune from creep attacks (unless you go into the Moors of course). Works just like the immunity for forced-emotes: the creep can try, but you won't be affected.

What does this leave for the rampaging creep-horde? Only those characters with the option turned on who are out in the landscape somewhere. But if you are killed once, then you are immune for some period of time (to avoid groups of creeps just sitting at the rez circles, or repeatedly chasing down someone who is just trying to turn in a quest or somesuch). Still, it might be interesting if it is well-balanced, limited duration, and perhaps if there are consequences for the creeps (lose prestige if your raid 'fails'?).

Well lore breaking? I mean maybe for the peoe really really into the lore it may be weird but I personally don't think one night would be to big of a deal which would be my same answer for what about the lobbies? Well I think people could skip playing for one night if it was a big problem but I really don't think there would be that many creeps in that big of a world. And again it's only one night don't think it would be to big of a deal.

Also if people have fun they it could get them intereste in pvmp which means more VIPs for lotro....

Also what do you think about upscalin all freeps so all pretty even fights so all freeps on Halloween night from 9-12 get up to level 95? Maybe
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast