We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Apply for the 2014 LOTRO Players Council

Starting Today, March 21st, 2014, we invite players to apply for the LOTRO Player’s Council. Don’t want to join yourself? Recommend a fellow player you feel will be a positive addition to the council. We may also select players based on their in-game and community behavior and extend an invitation even if they have not otherwise applied or been nominated. Council members will be announced on April 24th.

Edit: I was mentioned that we failed to give an end date for appliations to be accepted. April 14th is the last day to submit your applicaiton. This gives us 10 days to contact and verify the new members before the announcement on April 24th. Sorry for the oversight.
    Last edited by Sapience; Mar 25 2014 at 10:50 AM.

I just wanted to quickly address one concern I'm seeing in a number of applications so far.

We will NOT publish your real name. Unlike last year we will also not be publishing your character name. The only name that will be on the final council announcement will be your Forum Name. This is public anyway as it's displayed every time you post.

What if your character name is the same as your forum name?
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    What if your character name is the same as your forum name?
    Bad Things, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Bad Things, man.
    This one really made me laugh out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We will NOT publish your real name. Unlike last year we will also not be publishing your character name. The only name that will be on the final council announcement will be your Forum Name. This is public anyway as it's displayed every time you post.
    Last year the 2013 announcement said you'd publish character names. At the time of the announcement we discovered you weren't publishing character names. I was fine with that. This year, I notice you didn't request users include 'Primary World' on their applications. Does this mean you don't intend to disclose that this year either unless the member elects to disclose that publicly themselves?

It was nice to be able to know where players spent the majority of their play time, even if it may have given the impression these players were more of a direct representation to be lobbied by their world rather than users representative of particular styles/thoughts/qualities from the entire player base as a whole.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

It's not clear from these guidelines whether there have been any adjustments or rethinking concerning the general level of transparency in the activities of the PC. I know that there are very good reasons to have an NDA, but I think that having some indication, on a semi-regular basis, of the types of topics that the PC is discussing (even if it is in a very general manner, or after the fact) would go some distance toward alleviating the concerns some people have that the PC is some kind of secret society being asked to give their stamp of approval for unpopular decisions. The new Player's Council in DDO appears to permit some indication of WHAT is being discussed, even if very little is said about the ongoing details or directions of those discussions. Is the same likely to be true of the upcoming LOTRO PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Last year the 2013 announcement said you'd publish character names. At the time of the announcement we discovered you weren't publishing character names. I was fine with that. This year, I notice you didn't request users include 'Primary World' on their applications. Does this mean you don't intend to disclose that this year either unless the member elects to disclose that publicly themselves?

It was nice to be able to know where players spent the majority of their play time, even if it may have given the impression these players were more of a direct representation to be lobbied by their world rather than users representative of particular styles/thoughts/qualities from the entire player base as a whole.
    Players do not represent servers. Players can play on multiple servers or just one. Applicants must be currently active players regardless of server.

Best thing to do is Apply.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

I have a question brought up by someone else.

If someone wants to simply send a note endorsing a player for the council, what information does the "endorser" need to provide?
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post
    I have a question brought up by someone else.

If someone wants to simply send a note endorsing a player for the council, what information does the "endorser" need to provide?
    iirc as much information as you can match on the application. If you don't have too much you can send what you know: email, forum name, RL name, toon+server (to avoid name clash errors) or some other identifiers so that Sapience can find them.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

My deepest regrets

Sorry Sapience, I do not currently have enough spare time to be on the Player council so please, stop begging me, but do dye your beard green! And when you dye your beard green, dye your hair hot pink with gold highlights.

Signed Sincerely
    ~Smeaggol

And on the serious note, what exactly is expected of someone on the player's council. I mean, not that I am running, but I would like to know what they are expected to do.

EDIT

I did not scroll down the other page, I see the duties now, disregard question.
    Last edited by crazyfoxx; Mar 21 2014 at 11:10 PM.
    There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000bcd68/signature.png]Alfr[/charsig]

Figures, I am just coming back from a long break away from LOTRO (I quit for a while because I couldn't afford HD, which made me very depressed, and also my computer crashed) and of course I haven't been active enough to even think of applying this year. But I did nominate someone.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Players do not represent servers. Players can play on multiple servers or just one. Applicants must be currently active players regardless of server.

Best thing to do is Apply.
    Also, posting the "main world" led to the belief that we represented that particular server in some fashion. Not the case.

Sounds great, just one question: I'm turning 18 in april this year, until when can we apply???

Quote Originally Posted by Finranduil View Post
    Sounds great, just one question: I'm turning 18 in april this year, until when can we apply???

The announcement does not have a cut-off date stated. Only a selection date: April 24, 2014.

Be 18 years of age or older at the time of their application, nomination, or selection for the council.
    Council members will be announced on April 24th.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...layers-council

Okay thanks a lot.

Nice, who's gonna be the next lot to imply lotro isn't for everyone now.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Just out of curiosity Sapience, what are the officially supported countries just to help know which countries would qualify?
    Last edited by Widoch; Mar 25 2014 at 05:06 AM.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

I would request that the NDA be less restrictive for 2014 PC.
    Show confidence in the direction Turbine is taking LOTRO and allow the PC to discuss this direction openly.
    Would also be nice if the 2013 PC were released from their NDA.

There have been "bad times" of late for some LOTRO players... open up the process and shed some light... the darkness isn't working very well IMO.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    Show confidence in the direction Turbine is taking LOTRO and allow the PC to discuss this direction openly.

There have been "bad times" of late for some LOTRO players... open up the process and shed some light... the darkness isn't working very well IMO.
    The players council is a focus group. It is not a PR branch for LOTRO.

PR and the publication of information and the timing of publications remains solely with Turbine. Only Turbine can say what, where, when and how things will be disclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post

Out of curiosity......how "less restrictive" did you have in mind?

The players council is a focus group. It is not a PR branch for LOTRO.

PR and the publication of information and the timing of publications remains solely with Turbine. Only Turbine can say what, where, when and how things will be disclosed.
    I don't believe he was asking it to be a PR branch. I believe he was asking it to communicate so that players can have glimmers of hope that the game is being looked at from the perspective of what the players care about and that at some point we may have hope it will improve from the state it has been reduced to of late.

As to the publication of information and timing, I believe he was asking for that to be eased. Of course it's up to Turbine - that's why he was asking them to release more, including more of what the Council worked on in regards to the direction of the game.

Your post sounds more like a legal disclaimer at the end of a time-share sales pitch.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    ...... at the end of a time-share sales pitch.
    Hey! Don't knock those. I got free cirque du soleil tickets in Vegas from going to one....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Your post sounds more like a legal disclaimer at the end of a time-share sales pitch.
    Here's the pitch: Apply for the 2014 Players Council and then you can check it out for yourself.

Here's the pitch: Apply for the 2014 Players Council and then you can check it out for yourself.
    That's even worse.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast