We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Hobbit - Gollum Ballpoint Pen Drawing

Also an awesome Gandalf draw at related videos.

If they would have created their own interpretation of Gollum I would have been impressed... Copying somthing like-for-like (this is essentially a tracing of the character featured in the film) is not exactly impressive.

The artist is incredibly talented, there is no doubt about that. But recreating something that was created by somebody before them (freehand tracing) is not expressive. I have no doubt this artist could be world renowned if they put these skills to original works, but as it stands... sorry no I don't see anything original here.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    SPAM
    I dont hate it mate. Not one bit. I in fact find it very (VERY) talented.

Perhaps if you read what I said, and had something of substance in reply (rather than nothing but an animated gif) you would be contributing to the conversation.

On a side note: I see similar art copies being drawn often on the London markets, they are always very interesting to see (yes I see them drawn by hand on the spot), but as the end of the day nothing original is being created. Yes, it is VERY impressive, but it leads me feeling somewhat depressed that such talented people arnt using such god-given gifts for something less mundane.
    Last edited by equinoz; Dec 20 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Actually I did read your post, and your second is much like it. You seem to both praise and then dismiss what this artist did. 'Cause the person created this one work, they are wasting their time and talents? There's a difference between critique and criticism.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Actually I did read your post, and your second is much like it. You seem to both praise and then dismiss what this artist did. 'Cause the person created this one work, they are wasting their time and talents? There's a difference between critique and criticism.
    To clarify: I think the artist is very talented, I found his replication of Gollum (drawn freehand) very (very) impressive, its certainly beyond the skill of many people. But I would have been more impressed if they had drawn their own interpretation of Gollum, rather than copying that in the film. I didnt say they were wasting their time or talent, (after all who am I to say what people should do with thier time?) I cant criticize their ability as an artist, but like I said (and this is a personal opinion) I would have been MORE impressed if they had drawn Gollum from their own imagination.

Hope that clears things up