We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

12.1 - rather a large fail if you are a guard

However messed up your character type is since the HD release, please give a thought for any guard that wishes to play a tanking role since the 12.1 release

While trying to fix a problem with a single skill, the developers have managed to mess block and parry up so that when we get a parry event it will cancel all available block events and vice versa. The result is that when fighting a mob our available skills flip on and off like an over lit christmas tree.

It's funny the first time you pull the first few groups of mobs in the Library, but only if you wish to play your guard in DPS only with no block actions so we are left with a single class trait to play.

Its funny when a 'fix patch' breaks more stuff than it actually fixes.

Oh good, I'm not the only one seeing this. Guards can no longer hold aggro. RK's and hunters can easily grab aggro off of you now.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I've not noticed much difference in my guard, aside from the Catch A Breath skill portrait that stays lit, which was mentioned in the patch notes. Then again, I am a solo guard who uses two handed weapons in the Yellow Line so dunno if I was affected much.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    I've not noticed much difference in my guard, aside from the Catch A Breath skill portrait that stays lit, which was mentioned in the patch notes. Then again, I am a solo guard who uses two handed weapons in the Yellow Line so dunno if I was affected much.
    Get into a mob fight so that you are taking a lot of hits. You will now see your parry driven skills flip on and off every second or so, rather than them coming on until their cooldown has expired, or you use them. This is because they are being reset everytime a block happens, but as you are running 2H you do not see you block based shield skills light up.

so then our only recourse, as Guardians, is to swap to 2H weapons until Turbine extracts their collective craniums from rectal cavities? wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecsus View Post
    so then our only recourse, as Guardians, is to swap to 2H weapons until Turbine extracts their collective craniums from rectal cavities? wonderful.
    Keen Blade with 1H, but no shield or 2H.
    Fighter of Shadow with 1H, but no shield.
    Defender of the Free 1H, but no shield or 2H.

As there is no value in running with a 1H and no shield (that I know of anyway) you are left with.

Keen Blade 2H.
    Defender of the Free 2H.

Fighter of the Shadow is the odd one, in so much that running a 2H enables blocking. So if you want to use this stance you end up with 1H, but no shield.

So...Any bets on how long it will take them to actually fix this?

The sea is calling us home...

Quote Originally Posted by Dordain View Post
    100g (or an Emerald shard) says not this side of christmas.

Christmas is only 9 days away.

My personal opinion - There will be no fix until well after New Years in 2014.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Wow. I guess the have decided that tanking is no longer requires when everyone can just ###-dps-bbq everything and just heal through the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Yeah that's a page I would link too & recommend- NOT
    welcome to the internet. you must be new here.

oaceen guardian | oacion rune-keeper | oacao warden
    Guardian War-Steed Guide

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    So, are you gonna post that in every thread after someone linked to Urban Dictionary and you learned a new word? It's already getting old.
    It seems to be his lame trolling attempt at making a new phrase that bashes Turbine, but other than a couple of his friends no one gives a damn. Pretty pathetic attempt actually, every gaming company on the planet has the problem of breaking something when they try to fix something else. Trying to make it look like only Turbine does this is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamebrand View Post
    It seems to be his lame trolling attempt at making a new phrase that bashes Turbine, but other than a couple of his friends no one gives a damn. Pretty pathetic attempt actually, every gaming company on the planet has the problem of breaking something when they try to fix something else. Trying to make it look like only Turbine does this is just sad.
    That said, Turbine takes it to epic levels. But you seem pretty defensive nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamebrand View Post
    If any game company deserves the dubious honor of being in urban dictionary, it should be NC Soft i.e. ncsofted - a good game shut down with little to no warning for no good reason.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    If any game company deserves the dubious honor of being in urban dictionary, it should be NC Soft i.e. ncsofted - a good game shut down with little to no warning for no good reason.
    I feel your pain. I played on Virtue. I was there to the bitter end.

I feel your pain. I played on Virtue. I was there to the bitter end.
    Virtue here as well. I'm still angry. #AP33
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

I'm mostly curious if this is a mistake, or an intentional change with unforseen consequences. Perhaps to apply to other classes but not guards - but did?

Either way I did a little test and yeah it is an issue and makes many skill chains redundant - also a certain skill which requires a block and parry responce active for an FM opener.

So in terms of end-gaming/raiding etc my main guard, merry christmas I get to level an alt.

I'm never really this blunt towards turbine itself but...

If a random bleh, fine that happens - but if an intended change without reading tooltips of skills you guys made....well *taps side of head* don't rush things, actually spend time on them?

Thumbs down

I've heard minstrels saying they are getting parry responses. Perhaps we need a minsy tied to our back and everything will work as intended? My (in-game) shoulders are broad, any volunteers?

(this is a game breaking bug, I am just putting a brave face on things, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER Turbine. Numerous people have said that this issue was on Bullroarer and /bug reports were filed. Why have a test server, push patches to it and then ignore bug reports about a class breaking bug? Amazingly inept).

So I guess that if I see any global requests for a Tank - I should not reply with my Guardian

Rather disappointing and frustrating they let this go "live" as apparently it was flagged as such on Bullroarer.

So just having got my first LI for my Guardian a one hand sword seems i must not use it and go two handed instead.

Did somebody mention NC Soft they are still a bad word for me after the way they closed down City Of Heroes. It was still in profit too, maybe i should have been regretful they gave us a few months before the big shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    So just having got my first LI for my Guardian a one hand sword seems i must not use it and go two handed instead.
    I had the same thought - I really regret now that I used my first symbol to make 1H instead of 2H.

I tried the Library challenge yesterday and it was really hard to use any reaction skill - they were all blinking like in a strobe light.

They also Turbined the Loremaster deed Light of Hope and reset it, not quite as bad as them breaking Guardian one handed characters. I'm sure the apologists will be out in force to defend Turbines QA and testing department.

This really stinks for me. I didn't like any of the class changes they did and the only class I wanted to play after HD ( my guardian ) is now broke as well. And sadly, who knows how long it will be before it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldumDown View Post
    Why have a test server, push patches to it and then ignore bug reports about a class breaking bug?
    I will second that sentiment. I submitted a report on Bullroarer that the Healers only have Westemnet salves and no draughts, but that was ignored as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast