We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Those of you claiming that no exploit exists have yet to address the actual evidence that someone has given us. You can claim that it's possible to use 9 distinct abilities in two seconds if you "count the first two attacks for free," but no one is arguing whether it's possible, in a perfect world and in your little vacuum, to use 9 abilities in two seconds.

Savage wound, Claws, Maul, Piercing Claws, Rend, Crippling Bite, Shadow Fangs, Piercing Claws, Scratch and Snip; in that order, is it possible to use all 9 of those abilities after only 2 seconds have elapsed? Initially it seems incriminating, but given the -25% attack duration buff from Sudden Maul, I'm not convinced this couldn't just be a concert pianist who has taken LOTRO up as a hobby. My warg is only rank 4 though and I haven't played him in years, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

However, macros alone are not the culprit here if this is indeed an exploit. All a macro does is "push a button" for you. If, for instance, you use a macro to fire off Claws and Maul, one right after the other, the command to use Claws could be overridden and Maul will be the only skill executed if you try to execute Maul before Claws has fired; this is no different than if you were to manually push those buttons. Therefore, a macro cannot benefit you beyond the limitations of animations and attack duration; a macro is not the demon that some of you are making it out to be. So, the question is, how could someone using a macro bypass these limitations?

Wargs have 4 immediate skills available to them: Dire Howl, Eye Rake, Sprint, and Disappear. If a warg were to cleverly use these skills in a rotation, using a macro or otherwise, they could legitimately bypass the limitations of attack duration and animations 4 times. Considering that and assuming a buff to attack duration, 9 skills in 2 seconds no longer seems unrealistic, but that's purely my speculation. Those of you claiming exploit, try to find the exploit and report the specifics of it, rather than just crying to Turbine that you died too quickly. I too have been at the receiving end of false exploiting accusations and I can assure you, just because you died quickly, does not mean someone was cheating. Whether or not that's true in this case though, I still have no idea. Those of you claiming there is no exploit involved, prove everyone wrong once and for all. Someone has outright given you a rotation that has led to such commotion over an ungodly amount of DPS; it would certainly be to your benefit to at least try it. If you are able to recreate it in a legitimate fashion, please share with the rest of us, preferably through a video or something.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Depending on how you classify different things, you could be right or wrong.

My best understanding (i truthfully don't pay much attention to these rules, as I don't use anything capable of providing a macro) is that using 3rd party software such as autohotkey and the like is against terms of service, and potentially a bannable offense. On the other hand, Turbine supports and has or does advertise the use of keyboards and mice that are capable of being programmed to utilize a macro. When I say macro I'm most simply referring to an action where you press a single button, and multiple effects happen in game, such as me hitting the 1 button, and having pounce and then claws in succession fire off. Word from turbine regarding this is that using a programmable keyboard/mouse to do this is fine, so long as they are not allowing for the use of exploits (such as the one that is being discussed here) and that someone is actually at the keyboard while the 'macro' is being used.

So if you have some $100 keyboard, and have a macro set up through it to have pounce, claws, rend, maul, snap, cripple, claws, throat rip, rend, claws, swipe, claws, scratch and snip, claws, rend all go off in normal succession from hitting a single key, you are doing nothing wrong by turbine (good luck staying perfectly on target to get it all off, of course).
    AutoHotKey does nothing different than the software that would come with your $100 mouse or keyboard, at least not in the manner that someone playing LOTRO would use AHK.
    Last edited by Bombadil411; Dec 17 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aff13/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm re-downloading the game now (I honestly thought I was done) just to check things out for myself.
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    Those of you claiming that no exploit exists have yet to address the actual evidence that someone has given us. You can claim that it's possible to use 9 distinct abilities in two seconds if you "count the first two attacks for free," but no one is arguing whether it's possible, in a perfect world and in your little vacuum, to use 9 abilities in two seconds.

Savage wound, Claws, Maul, Piercing Claws, Rend, Crippling Bite, Shadow Fangs, Piercing Claws, Scratch and Snip; in that order, is it possible to use all 9 of those abilities after only 2 seconds have elapsed? Initially it seems incriminating, but given the -25% attack duration buff from Sudden Maul, I'm not convinced this couldn't just be a concert pianist who has taken LOTRO up as a hobby. My warg is only rank 4 though and I haven't played him in years, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

However, macros alone are not the culprit here if this is indeed an exploit. All a macro does is "push a button" for you. If, for instance, you use a macro to fire off Claws and Maul, one right after the other, the command to use Claws could be overridden and Maul will be the only skill executed if you try to execute Maul before Claws has fired; this is no different than if you were to manually push those buttons. Therefore, a macro cannot benefit you beyond the limitations of animations and attack duration; a macro is not the demon that some of you are making it out to be. So, the question is, how could someone using a macro bypass these limitations?

Wargs have 4 immediate skills available to them: Dire Howl, Eye Rake, Sprint, and Disappear. If a warg were to cleverly use these skills in a rotation, using a macro or otherwise, they could legitimately bypass the limitations of attack duration and animations 4 times. Considering that and assuming a buff to attack duration, 9 skills in 2 seconds no longer seems unrealistic, but that's purely my speculation. Those of you claiming exploit, try to find the exploit and report the specifics of it, rather than just crying to Turbine that you died too quickly. I too have been at the receiving end of false exploiting accusations and I can assure you, just because you died quickly, does not mean someone was cheating. Whether or not that's true in this case though, I still have no idea. Those of you claiming there is no exploit involved, prove everyone wrong once and for all. Someone has outright given you a rotation that has led to such commotion over an ungodly amount of DPS; it would certainly be to your benefit to at least try it. If you are able to recreate it in a legitimate fashion, please share with the rest of us, preferably through a video or something.

AutoHotKey does nothing different than the software that would come with your $100 mouse or keyboard, at least not in the manner that someone playing LOTRO would use AHK.
    Being well aware of the exploit, I have laid it out clearly in the past, and had my posts on the subject deleted, both here and in BETA forums where rooting out bugs is supposedly of primary concern. Others have done the same, with the same result, deletion. In my previous posts in this thread, I've stated that while a macro greatly aids in the use of the exploit, it is not required. It is extremely possible to achieve with a regular keyboard/mouse and your two hands, but the speeds and accuracy you need to operate at to repeatedly and effectively take advantage of how it works is fairly difficult, and getting to the precision level necessary to fully do what a macro does is likely more than anyone could manage. Think of it like the speed limit on the highway: Just about anyone can break the speed limit in some beat up old truck, and are at risk of getting a ticket, but an appropriately set-up macro would be like having some supercar in the same scenario. Rather than being able to go 20 MPH over the speed limit, you can go triple the speed limit.

I never said the keyboard/mouse did anything differently than Autohotkey, just that one is supported by turbine, and in the past the other has been stated to be against terms of service.
    Last edited by spelunker; Dec 17 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Being well aware of the exploit, I have laid it out clearly in the past, and had my posts on the subject deleted, both here and in BETA forums where rooting out bugs is supposedly of primary concern. Others have done the same, with the same result, deletion. In my previous posts in this thread, I've stated that while a macro greatly aids in the use of the exploit, it is not required. It is extremely possible to achieve with a regular keyboard/mouse and your two hands, but the speeds and accuracy you need to operate at to repeatedly and effectively take advantage of how it works is fairly difficult, and getting to the precision level necessary to fully do what a macro does is likely more than anyone could manage. Think of it like the speed limit on the highway: Just about anyone can break the speed limit in some beat up old truck, and are at risk of getting a ticket, but an appropriately set-up macro would be like having some supercar in the same scenario. Rather than being able to go 20 MPH over the speed limit, you can go triple the speed limit.

I never said the keyboard/mouse did anything differently than Autohotkey, just that one is supported by turbine, and in the past the other has been stated to be against terms of service.
    Oh I totally know what you're talking about now. I thought the exploit in question had been fixed a while ago, sorry .
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aff13/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Just to prove that the exploit does exist.

It can be quite entertaining.

Report me if you like, I very much doubt anything will happen...
    High Chieftain Zlaughter
    Commander Tarturin
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Saruman | Original Challenger of Gothmog

Wargs 1-shotting people = balanced. If no bans are issued with all the provided evidence sent in, the game will become an even bigger joke than it already is. GMs would rather ban for curse words in glff.
    Aerinoth R8 Burg Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Hallerin View Post
    Wargs 1-shotting people = balanced. If no bans are issued with all the provided evidence sent in, the game will become an even bigger joke than it already is. GMs would rather ban for curse words in glff.
    10-15 skills is not a one-shot. If that is the entirety of the exploit "one-shotting" freeps.. then I think you have freep goggles on that are a little too foggy. If that is the case then mini's 26k damage from 3 skills in 1 second is also an exploit. Burgs who are doing 6-8k dps are exploiting, and wardens doing 3k dps with unmitigated bleeds and using 2 NS in one fight are exploiting... learn what an exploit means, how it's applied and then talk rather than this typical ignorance that has come up on several servers that equates: High creep dps = exploit or macro=exploit. Neither are true, and ignorance is not an excuse to harass players in-game and ruin their time playing with harassing tells from pissed off freeps who want to accuse a high dps creep of exploiting.

Let's set a few things straight:
    Macroing skills =/= exploit
    High burst dps =/= exploit
    using Fell/Orc damage =/= exploit
    killing freeps =/= exploit
    not getting destroyed by a freep who hit you with a frying pan =/= exploit
    using interrupt skills to cut animations =/= exploit

Hopefully this sets some of the freep ignorance straight.. Harrasing players in game, accusing them of exploiting, and cursing them in OOC is a violation of TOS/EULA and will get you banned.. so i would be very careful if I was a freep throwing around the word Exploit incorrectly.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Here is an extract from my combat log.

All this happened within 2 or 3 seconds.

Nrash scored a partially parried hit with Thrash on Arthaur for 333 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Thrash on Arthaur for 363 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a partially parried hit with Default Melee Attack on Arthaur for 79 Common damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Default Melee Attack on Arthaur for 104 Common damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Blade Toss on Arthaur for 1,533 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a partially evaded hit with Serration on Arthaur for 555 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a devastating hit with Sundering Blow on Arthaur for 1,103 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Sudden Strikes on Arthaur for 751 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Arthaur for 422 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash tried to use Ravage on Arthaur but he parried the attempt.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Ravage on Arthaur for 665 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Impale on Arthaur for 2,154 damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Lacerate on Arthaur for 684 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash tried to use Mutilation on Arthaur but he evaded the attempt.
    Nrash incapacitated you.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Impale on Arthaur for 2,764 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a devastating hit with Devastating Strike on Arthaur for 5,213 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Severing Strike on Arthaur for 1,173 Orc-craft damage to Morale

Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ArturSzT View Post
    Here is an extract from my combat log.

All this happened within 2 or 3 seconds.

Nrash scored a partially parried hit with Thrash on Arthaur for 333 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a partially parried hit with Default Melee Attack on Arthaur for 79 Common damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Default Melee Attack on Arthaur for 104 Common damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Blade Toss on Arthaur for 1,533 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a partially evaded hit with Serration on Arthaur for 555 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a devastating hit with Sundering Blow on Arthaur for 1,103 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Sudden Strikes on Arthaur for 751 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Arthaur for 422 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Ravage on Arthaur for 665 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a hit with Lacerate on Arthaur for 684 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash tried to use Mutilation on Arthaur but he evaded the attempt.
    Nrash incapacitated you.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Impale on Arthaur for 2,764 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a devastating hit with Devastating Strike on Arthaur for 5,213 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Nrash scored a critical hit with Severing Strike on Arthaur for 1,173 Orc-craft damage to Morale

Is this possible?
    According to the poster before you it is; however, I suspect otherwise. If it happened to me I would report them for harassment and let Turbine sort it out.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    According to the poster before you it is; however, I suspect otherwise. If it happened to me I would report them for harassment and let Turbine sort it out.
    Please Mr. Freep Goggles explain how on earth I said this is not an exploit? I never stated having 15 skills go off in 2s is not an exploit.. in fact I actually said it was if you look at earlier posts. I would suggest you read my post about ignorance and understand that I am trying to say that macroing itself is not an exploit.. i didn't say you couldn't exploit using a macro. Those two are exclusive and not necessarily related, since you can exploit the same thing without a macro.. educate yourself before you make off the wall accusations such as this.
    **Mac User**

While I doubt its of any consolation to people here, some players have been banned for the use of this exploit, within the last week. And they were using the exploit being discussed here, not simply 'attacking really fast' thanks to shorter animations in HD.

It is abundantly clear from what I've seen and heard about this that Devs/GMs are aware of the problem, but as always appear to be struggling with a fix as well as an accurate way of telling who is doing it, beyond the most extreme cases.

Please be careful with who you report. Its obvious many people here don't understand the exploit, and in game the level of understanding is even lower. For example the Combat log ArturSzT posted only has 1 thing that is at all suspicious from that reaver. If I were a gm I wouldn't be comfortable banning or even warning a player based on the info in that combat log.

Having had several angry, backpedalling freeps trying to coax the entirety of freep /ooc to report me, because they die in under 5 seconds while I simply backpedaled behind them using skills roughly the way HatchetSlave describes, and knowing at the same time that GMs are handing out bans for people actually exploiting: things can get a bit... frustrating.

Perhaps if you are unsure about what a creep is doing, post the combat log here with names blanked out. Don't bother posting though if there are no DoT/HoT ticks or at least a timestamp that can aid in getting a sense for what was going on.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I started filing very detailed bug reports about this last January-ish, when I first discovered it. Between myself and another person I had reporting it, too, we've probably filed 20-30 all told since then. It's not getting fixed unless it spreads.

The basic concept is macro'ing an Immediate skill to another type of skill (with other certain conditions I won't name). When done right, neither the immediate skill nor the 2nd skill in the macro will fire or go on cd, but the animation of your current skill will get cut off EVERY time, as if your Immediate skill had fired and finished it's animation. This allows you to fire off "Fast" or "Immediate" skills with almost no duration or delay. If you try to follow up with a normal skill, it will still make you wait out the duration of the previous skill*. It's doable with every class that has an Immediate skill, although it really only benefits classes with access to lots of "Fast" skills. The end result is about the same as people who line-of-sight/meleerange bug addle/stamp/clobber/etc., without having to actually move (see a Kalyna youtube video).

*There are a few exceptions to this - cutting off Flashing Blades and Howl of the Unnerving being 2 that I knew of - but I haven't touched either class since HD.

There is a reaver who claimed he could get off 13 skills in 2.5s (and supposed witnesses to this) which wouldn't be possible with this sort of immediate macro, afaik, so I imagine there are other similar exploits floating around as well. Good thing the game is already dead, I guess.
    Turwe-1, Crickhollow ~ Alakra, Meneldor ~ Snuke, Meneldor ~ Suge-1, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    mini's 26k damage from 3 skills in 1 second is also an exploit...
    That is an exploit, though I doubt its ever happened. 2 skills in 1s, maybe and at least one of them has to be SoS which is buried in the Blue line.

Seriously, the amount of hyperbole you post makes my day go so much faster.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Please be careful with who you report. Its obvious many people here don't understand the exploit, and in game the level of understanding is even lower. For example the Combat log ArturSzT posted only has 1 thing that is at all suspicious from that reaver. If I were a gm I wouldn't be comfortable banning or even warning a player based on the info in that combat log.
    I did not accuse anybody, did you read something like that in my post? This thing posted here is a fact, I have the saved file. To me this sequence is strange. So I showed it here. If it is legit, the person who performed this has nothing to fear. If it is an exploit, well then..

I've also been accused of using this so called macro or exploit on my warg for the first time today. The freep in question said that his/her combat log showed that I did 15 attacks in 2 seconds. I know I have a good rotation (especially when I start from stealth with pounce, maul, double tap eye gouge, claws, rend flesh, claws etc) which is very fast since HD made all warg skills feel more fast or responsive, but there's no way I could get off 15 attacks in that short amount of time. Could it just be that the combat log is bugged in some way? I don't know. It just feels very strange to be accused of cheating when you are not.
    Grofv - Rank 12 Warg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethric View Post
    I've also been accused of using this so called macro or exploit on my warg for the first time today. The freep in question said that his/her combat log showed that I did 15 attacks in 2 seconds. I know I have a good rotation (especially when I start from stealth with pounce, maul, double tap eye gouge, claws, rend flesh, claws etc) which is very fast since HD made all warg skills feel more fast or responsive, but there's no way I could get off 15 attacks in that short amount of time. Could it just be that the combat log is bugged in some way? I don't know. It just feels very strange to be accused of cheating when you are not.
    You are not the only warg who is getting harassed and being accosted by freeps who are ignorant on this subject. To be honest I think more damage is being done by freeps creating a witch hunt on wargs. This has seriously become a MASSIVE issue in game and has been pretty standard across servers. I would suggest to file harassment tickets on every single freep/ flipper who accuses you wrongly of this behavior. It's quite staggering how ignorance spreads around the moors. Macroing does not automatically mean you are exploiting, and exploiters don't have to macro.

This needs to be addressed because a lot of wargs are being falsely accused and it's become the go to BS for freeps who have their pride damaged by a warg with high burst damage. I can't even log into freepside because of one kin on freepside who are defaming me and spreading lies. The amount of hate tells I get is quite annoying, let alone the number of freeps who flip creepside to curse me out in tells. I seriously hope a GM responds to the false accusations with as much impunity as he does on those exploiting.
    **Mac User**

report with a combat log- then let the devs decide what to do about it.
    If they decide its a bug/exploit then they can fix it and deal with it.

In fact it would be really nice if one of them would at least offer some insight on the thread.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

I have not found any other ways to macro the skills without using immediate skill, so to start with some sort of fix i would just get rid of the immediate skills for now, and change the animation of these immediate skills to fast.
    [center][img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r753/Superiorcarrotcake/DERPIDEderp_zpsszemybhp.jpg[/img][/center]

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Psychego View Post
    ... What's the policy against players who are able to macro interrupt 10-15 hits within 3 seconds? ...
    Some classes are very good at interrupting & some players know well how to use them, that doesnt make is a macro.

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Whatever it is, it's not WAI and is game-breaking for anyone on the receiving side. We all know pvp in this game is trashy, no reason to have something like this to make it that much trashier. The wargs who do it on Meneldor know who they are, know they are baddies and know to farm their rank with it while they can.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    I have not found any other ways to macro the skills without using immediate skill, so to start with some sort of fix i would just get rid of the immediate skills for now, and change the animation of these immediate skills to fast.
    I do not condone macroing, but between the macros and the state of the moors currently, changing the creeps side speeds would nerf us in a bad way. Minstrels can crit for stupid numbers, burgs have insane dots and hit like trucks, and freeps survivability is just crazy, stick a FOTM yellow cappy in there with a few wardens and creeps would struggle.

They need to address everything at once if they change creeps, its turbine own doing and the blame should be placed on them for this mess of the moors, stun pots are useless and the OOC regen is pathetic, plus the fact every freep now groups up.

Instead of blaming individual players, we should all be blaming turbine for ruining the game for us, these changes formed a big thread in beta, yet it went ahead anyway.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Dercin View Post
    Whatever it is, it's not WAI and is game-breaking for anyone on the receiving side.
    There's way too much arguing about the semantics of what is and isn't an exploit here when this simple post sums up everything. Whether its via a macro or a nifty manual keyboard rotation, the "exploitation" (i.e. taking advantage for unfair use) of questionable in-game mechanics that allows you to play your class in such a way not intended by the developers is game breaking. I believe someone mentioned the minstrel's ability to do burst DPS in several seconds. Having put in a solid Moors session yesterday for the first time since release, I can attest to having laid down three dev crits in a row with 4 blue OP's that probably netted 35k damage against a 50k BA but this is a far-cry compared to being pounced, hitting your stun pot immediately and before that pot breaks you out having 95% of your morale zapped from you. Once again, you may not be achieving this via macros, some form of divine intervention from Sauron, etc. but the fact of the matter is that doing this is "exploiting" game mechanics (i.e. the taking advantage for unfair use)...and yes, I know at least from hear-say that this isn't exclusive to creeps but clearly since the HD release, a number of wargs are taking full advantage of this. Unfortunately its on Turbine to take corrective action if they so choose (I won't hold my breath) and I fully expect those people enjoying their new found god-mode to continue to do so.
    Last edited by TheBlackstronaut; Dec 19 2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000275ef2/signature.png]Beansabovethefrank[/charsig][/center]
    [center]| [b]Beansabovethefrank[/b] - Minstrel | [b]Juanconnery[/b] - Loremaster | [b]Holyguacamole[/b] - Guardian |[/center]

You are not the only warg who is getting harassed and being accosted by freeps who are ignorant on this subject. To be honest I think more damage is being done by freeps creating a witch hunt on wargs. This has seriously become a MASSIVE issue in game and has been pretty standard across servers. I would suggest to file harassment tickets on every single freep/ flipper who accuses you wrongly of this behavior. It's quite staggering how ignorance spreads around the moors. Macroing does not automatically mean you are exploiting, and exploiters don't have to macro.

This needs to be addressed because a lot of wargs are being falsely accused and it's become the go to BS for freeps who have their pride damaged by a warg with high burst damage. I can't even log into freepside because of one kin on freepside who are defaming me and spreading lies. The amount of hate tells I get is quite annoying, let alone the number of freeps who flip creepside to curse me out in tells. I seriously hope a GM responds to the false accusations with as much impunity as he does on those exploiting.
    How many skills do you think is acceptable to unload within 2-3 seconds? Macro or not

Doesn't really matter to me, I am still able to crush the macroing wargs half the time.

Unless of course they are like you and only attack when immune to stuns

Let's review the mighty Karukh:

• Only attacks from stealth
    • Only attacks using stun immunity
    • Only targets easy kills (most of the time)
    • Goldtags
    • Zergs
    • Macros burst damage

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianakh View Post
    How many skills do you think is acceptable to unload within 2-3 seconds? Macro or not

Doesn't really matter to me, I am still able to crush the macroing wargs half the time.

Unless of course they are like you and only attack when immune to stuns

Let's review the mighty Karukh:

• Only attacks from stealth
    • Only attacks using stun immunity
    • Only targets easy kills (most of the time)
    • Goldtags
    • Zergs
    • Macros burst damage
    Looked a lot of logs yesterday and my average was 5-6 skills per 2-3 seconds (including autoattacks) and longer fights this dropped drastically to ~1.5-2 skills per second average. The real issue is that each of these skills are hitting for 1.5-3k morale per hit GUESS WHAT.. my targets didn't have full audacity. Playing a warg is all about picking the right targets at the right time and hoping to get a kill before you get destroyed by macro'ing 8k dps burgs and minis doing 12k dps burst damage. Fought a group of 3 burgs last night, all doing the macro fast skills and they averaged between 3.5-6k dps, and a burg earlier killed me in a 5s stun with 8k dps.

News flash bane.. wargs don't run around unstealthed just so you don't complain, even flayer wargs don't. Having stun immunity before pouncing on a guard who uses TtT 100% of the time is pretty much necessary, or in a group of freeps. What you don't see is me fighting tough opponents where I have very little chance of killing, such a Proton, Malibu, Nirn, wardens.. I fight anyone until their zerg arrives and destroys me in 3s. How can a solo warg zerg, please explain that one. Other than the single kill at GTR on you where another warg jumped in.. I've fought you solo, YOU on the other hand have had backup show up numerous times right when you're about to die.

The macro affects off the stun burst damage, but overall does not have much effect on overall attack speed. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong then and can't get off 15 skills in 2 seconds like some post here.. perhaps I can't do it fast enough to get rid of autoattacks... cause i'm still getting ~2 every 2-3 skills. I do have good burst damage, but often will die in longer fights because of my corruptions.
    **Mac User**

..The only wardens I have faced in 12.1 are you (near aeop where you had healed thru 50k damage and used unmitigated bleeds), Heliomer who has failed to use a dps sequence successfully and doesn't use DOTs. and Craidus who has destroyed me repeatedly with unmitigated bleeds. So if you want to keep using bugged damaged which has been admitted is bugged damage...
    You seem to be stuck on the bugged unmitigated damage thing. You seem to infer there's something wrong with players using unmitigated damage to win. I wonder how many creeps slotted Fell/orc (which was bugged/unmitigated) damage pre 12.1. I know you did.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast