We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinish View Post
    Watcher is easy, if you know the mechanics.
    Its almost impossible to die there at 95. Even at 85, its very doable.
    As long as you know to keep removing corruptions, yeah. If you don't you can get hurt pretty fast hehe.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

I tried to do some soloing and I'm still trying to set up my traits/gear. My understanding is that those runs are done in DPS gear and in DPS traitline (sometimes bosses in blue line but still dps gear, right???). Can anyone post their trait setup?

I seem oto have decent crit rating (23%) and 41k physical mastery (not all teal pieces), but some of my items have bucketload of finesse, and I'm not really sure that it is really needed for soloing instances way below level cap.
    For 95 ones, it is definitely useful but are lower level mobs affected by finesse? Lower level mobs should naturally have smaller chance of evading my blows...

What about shields? Some bosses on videos are done with 1hander and shield. Which one? There are two craftable ones: one offensive with crit and one defensive with crit defense.

Here's a link to a quick build I made. Not sure if this is what I use in game.. but it's similar.

http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8y
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Yes, Red line is the way to go for most stuff. As far as gear is concerned: I carry around two sets of armour and jewelery (not full sets, but a complete bag full, whatever useful items I find), one with Might and Crit, the other with Vitality and Crit Defense. Sometimes it’s useful to switch to full tank gear if a fight is tricky or you don’t know it well, yet. For example the two bosses in Stoneheight or the three Swordhall bosses are absolutely doable in DPS gear with a two-hander – but it needs a bit of experience and oversight. So in order to last a bit longer and learn the ropes, do it in survival gear first. Also the Big Battle jewelery set with +20% Crit Defence is extremely practical. So mix up your gear whatever way you need it. I’d generally take +Crit items over everything else as long as I’m not at cap. The one thing _not_ needed is items with +Morale: You’ll be hard pressed to fall below 20.000 anyway, and that’s plenty enough for anything you want to try. If you won’t win a fight with that, chances are it’s not doable with 30.000 Morale, either. If you absolutely need to trait Blue (I trait Blue for Kranklob in Warg-Pens, just because Red+S/B is a bit dicey and it’s a pain in the ### to die late in that fight, because it takes ages anyway), your gear isn’t really important anymore: Survivability is extreeeemely high in Blue, damage is extreeeemely low, gear won’t make a great difference.

This is my trait build: http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8J
    Insult to Injury and Radiate from Yellow are among the most important traits for soloing, they maintain and spread your bleeds and debuffs (Stagger and War-chant so make a great difference). Numbed Senses on Rank 2 is nice-to-have, but not strictly necessary. To the Rescue from Red (run speed) is only important if you kite a lot. (I hate kiting on a Guardian, it just feels wrong, so I never do it and thus don’t need the trait.) Warriors Fortitude adds +2% Crit, I pop it at the beginning of every bigger fight, it’s out of CD again when needed.

Re shields: Go with the offensive shields, e.g. Commanding War Shield (guild crafted). There may be even better ones from skraids, but it’s not a crucial piece of equipment – in my experience, if you _need_ a shield, _having_ one is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by falosi View Post
    I recommend Nornuan or the watcher, it's a bit difficult.
    Soloed Watcher last night in my usual DPS build (red with a lot of yellow). Bleed legacies FTW. Also an element of poetic justice - Hraldan the little dorf goes in there and gives Captain Calamari what for in revenge for his kinsmen

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Soloed Watcher last night in my usual DPS build (red with a lot of yellow). Bleed legacies FTW. Also an element of poetic justice - Hraldan the little dorf goes in there and gives Captain Calamari what for in revenge for his kinsmen
    Yep. Watcher fight is fun to do. I made a video of it if anyone wants to see it being done (Red line with some additional yellow). You have to really be vigilant to remove the Watcher's corruptions!

Now that Hraldan the little dorf has become a Saviour of Moria, he's off to Dar Narbugud... so far, he's killed the trolls, Zholuga and Istum. Flagit might be difficult and of course he'll need at least one friend for Missy.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Now that Hraldan the little dorf has become a Saviour of Moria, he's off to Dar Narbugud... so far, he's killed the trolls, Zholuga and Istum. Flagit might be difficult and of course he'll need at least one friend for Missy.
    Flagit is easy in Yellow line. Just avoid DoTs and reflecting damage.

I did Sammath Gul T1 recently: Urchír (first boss) was a bit challenging, I failed several times so at the end I went Red+S/B for the first part of the fight and switched to two-hander when the half the room was on fire to bring him down quickly. Alagossir (lightning) was easy in Blue, as is Gorothul – with all those skeletons you’re at full health at all times (I feared that my gear might break, though, it was all orange after the fight). I tried T2 but couldn’t get past the first trash group (only tried in Red, though) – did anyone successfully do T2?

Has anyone had any luck with soloing Thadur? I cannot get past the balls of light part. I can get to the stage where there are 4 of them and just as I start, my time runs out. I just cannot do enough damage to complete this stage in time. Has anyone been able to do this part solo?
    Silverlode Brandywine
    Durthir - Guardian Fingolwe - Champion
    Derthir - Hunter
    Boldwin - Captain

Dar Narbugud is pretty easy Red Line. I soloed it to Missy, but you actually need 3 or 4 additional friends to break the mez/death. All the other bosses are easy, have to go blue line with the boss that heals from his bubble so you don't bleed heal him, and the Blind One you have to interrupt his orange induction or it is instant death. Worth doing if you haven't done it before for the IXP runes you get the first time through, and maybe go back to finish the deed for trolls. You can go in and pull the adds in first room to get many trolls killed, then reload instance and repeat to finish troll deed. Otherwise you will get locks from killing first bosses and trolls won't spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Derthir View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with soloing Thadur? I cannot get past the balls of light part. I can get to the stage where there are 4 of them and just as I start, my time runs out. I just cannot do enough damage to complete this stage in time. Has anyone been able to do this part solo?
    I soloed Thadur on level (without challenge) many times. In room with lights, you don't have to kill them on time, but you have to aggro them on time. Just use ranged attack or fray (combined with charge speed buff). They hit pretty hard (i was in redline), but manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Derthir View Post
    I've solo'd Thadur Challenge. As difens said, just aggro the lights, ball them up and kill them.

To do the challenge you pretty much have to be running blue line and constantly keep up on your heals. The reflect is insane.

Just pledge when you need to light a brazier and face the mobs.

It took a LONG time for me to do this... maybe 50 minutes total for the whole instance? The reflect is just painful. I think everything up to Thadur only took maybe 10 minutes. Thadur himself took forever.

Dropping in to see if the game was worth my while to Dload the client. This thread told me all I needed to know about it's state; thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendin View Post
    Dropping in to see if the game was worth my while to Dload the client. This thread told me all I needed to know about it's state; thanks.
    Yep, it serves well.

Funny thing is, when i met certain guardian on my server (who did almost all content solo) in ettenmoors on my "short-stick" spider, he run after 6m 1vs1 to graveyard when morale was low...Made my day.
    [center][img]http://s24.postimg.org/hrej3adgl/got_copy.jpg[/img][/center]

Here's me soloing Tower of Orthanc: Fire and Frost Tier 1

Was my first try so it took a bit longer at the end to kill some things.

Here's me doing the School of Tham Merdain Challenge solo:

You have to be really careful at the last fight. You don't have much time there so you don't want to get stunned and you want to kill things as quickly as possible. You have to move on to the books and don't readjust your positions to click the books too often.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I've solo'd Thadur Challenge. As difens said, just aggro the lights, ball them up and kill them.
    To do the challenge you pretty much have to be running blue line and constantly keep up on your heals. The reflect is insane.
    I also could do it in Red before U13 with very bad gear (85 gear (Hytbold with the absurd +130K bonus)... and 65 LIs)
    I could not do the Challenge today, damage being a little bit more important after U13, not enough time to reset the +130K morale,
    but easily doable for anyone correctly geared (I have no DPS with 65 LIs...)
    For Challenge, it seems to be a question of luck : sometimes I'm not able to click on lights after 10 tries and I give up, other times I can do them after 5-6 tries...
    Last edited by Castorix; May 26 2014 at 02:47 AM.

I just did a 12 man Attack at Dawn raid. I died once because I got a wave that had a defender (Nem), about 6 healers (all EM), a few other various EMs, and one of the big black spiders (Nem) in it, but they were easy enough to kill in the courtyard on my second try, with rocks falling on them. The final fight was easy enough with the only worry being that the tree signatures could have a chance of one getting away because of getting a stun at the wrong moment or something, but I didn't have any issues with it. It did take over an hour, because I went back down to kill the two 900,000+ morale ArchNems that came up. Each of those fights took about 5 minutes, and a little over that for the final fight. I got a whole bunch of bind on acquire junk for it too and only one thing I could sell, a T9 relic thing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000071e/signature.png]Jason[/charsig]

Some skraids are still soloable in T3.
    For example, one of the easiest, Trouble in Tuckborough T3 skraid, with average gear.
    You just have to be lucky with LTs on last fight; you can get from 3 easy to 6 difficult, and you can retry if you're unlucky
    (can be done with 5 and 1 difficult, 6 easy (none with ranged attacks for example), ...)

U13 changes are nearly not noticeable for heavy classes. A 12-man content, even T1, shoud not be doable alone.
    Last edited by Castorix; May 28 2014 at 02:33 PM.

How are you possibly even getting past the first fight in t3 12 man Trouble in Tuck solo? After reading your post I tried to do it and the fight lasted less than 15 seconds on three tries. Using charge to stun everything in the first fight is the only reason the fight lasted that long. I was stunned from range in the second fight (with TTT on CD from 1st) and went full health to dead in 3 seconds. The third fight I worked on getting up my bleeds as fast as possible to get in some more healing, and I still took about 15K damage per second which is way more than guard healing can handle in red. Are you doing this in Blue or Yellow, because I honestly don't see it possible in red unless you are starting blue, hitting Cd's, changing to red, and then charging and using every CD you have left, and even then I am doubtful. Plus you'd have to do this for every fight which would take hours. I'm not saying it can be done in blue or yellow either, just that I didn't try those. If you really can do this, I would like to see the video, because you are either incredibly lucky or have figured out something that I and, I believe, all of the rest of us have not.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000071e/signature.png]Jason[/charsig]

I only use Red (the only video I did in Blue was the first room of School, to test if it was still possible to pull everything after U13)
    But I don't see the problem with the fights in Tuck before the boss : it is like in Necro (mobs have more DPS, LTs are the same), you don't pull everything at same time, and you can skip all counter-attacks by clicking on the flags after all the fights are finished (3 flags to open the first door), so you can go rather fast to the boss.
    In the first fight, there are just 1 or 2 LTs and a few adds.
    When you have killed them, you can pull other groups of adds.
    And so on for other fights, LTs first then groups after groups.

(I'm a beginner Guardian, recent 95 (my 2 mains are a Champ and a Hunter, better geared), then I think any Guardian can do T3 skraids more easily than me)
    Last edited by Castorix; May 28 2014 at 04:35 PM.

I suppose there could be extreme differences in difficulty based on which LTs you get or I am just unlucky. There are plenty of Guards that are better than I am, but I am far better than average at solo redline guardian. I get skipping counter attacks (those poor hobbit defenders...) and when I say I used charge I mean to say I wait for the two groups to separate, use Fray for the bleed chance (which I admit I don't really understand, but it works about half the time) on one of the LTs from one of the groups, and THEN I hit charge when they are coming towards me but out of range of the second group. This results in 2 LTs (I've never seen just one- bad luck?) and several weaker goblins (though they still hit very hard in T3). The problems I usually have are 1. When all the mobs are hitting me, I'm taking 5-10K dps/second when there isn't some really high crit something, and 2. I always get stunned which results in either dying or being knocked down to under 1/3 health. If I use WH to heal from there, just the time it takes to recover from the stun and hit the heal is enough time to take another 15K damage which means I'm right back where I was, and my bleeds are still only at tier 4 or less, so I'm not going to be able to heal more than about 1K/second average at best. This amount of heal vs. the amount of damage they are doing is just not something I can get to work beyond 10-15 seconds.

I could sacrifice my herbalist to buy me a few seconds to increase my bleed tiers on just one or two targets until it dies, then spread them once everything else comes at me, but my personal testing gives my best healing as follows: (per target, but using AoE for highest result, tier 10 bleed and never stunned/disarmed)-- each heal=1200. Per npc I am fighting (up to 10 targets), average of one heal every 5 seconds-- total heal per npc=240/second. Accounting for as much as I can like npc's out of range/moving behind me and such, these are the numbers I get usually. In this fight, I had 6 npc's on me (can't count something hitting me from range for this). So, while not stunned I'm only healing an average of 1440/second (this and my previous post are estimates based on previous testing, not parse tracking from the actual fight). Other heals from crits on WR and thrust plus my icmr are only going to put this maybe to 2K/sec vs 6 mobs. This is fine when I'm only taking the standard T1 damage which is less than 1.5K/sec in that fight (I tried t1 and it is easy enough though long), but at T3 I'm just getting fried fast.

I'm going to try again swapped to my best PvE gear rather than PvP, though I doubt losing all of the crit defense is going to leave me any better off for a couple thousand morale and 1.5% crit chance.

Anyway, congratulations to you for being able to do it as this is the only thing posted in this thread as accomplished which I have not done before or been able to do since someone wrote it. Thanks for the information as well. If you get a chance to make a video and post it, please do. For my sake, I would only want the first and last fights rather than the entire time it would take to run it. You could also just open your traits window and character panel for a couple of seconds so the rest of us can compare.

/swordsalute

edited because I got one math wrong

Probably you were unucky with LTs, because there are indeed big differences between them and I get, let's say 1/4 times, only 1 LT per group
    Several ones are nearly inoffensive even in T3 but some have tactical damage and, as my tact mit. is not good, I must change some virtues when I get them (I add mainly Tolerance)
    Also when I get, at the beginning, some LTs among 4-5 annoying like "Venomous Blood-arrow" , "Enraged Snapper" (impossible to debuff alone) or "Brothers of Destruction" (easy in T1 but high damage in T3, in particular if stunned), I restart immediately.
    If I get them later, I have no other choice than fightiing them but I know I will have to kite a lot...
    (+ "Priest of Vengeance" easy 1 vs 1, but with adds, I can be killed only with bleeds I have put on adds, if I play bad (a lot easier with my Champ for this one))

Good info. I'm blaming LTs for now then as I did have tacticals and venomous blood arrows in all 3 of those fights. I'll try a few more times and different things to see if I can do it as well. The best T3 Skraid I ever tried was Thievery and Mischief where I cleared about the first half once. I honostly don't know that much about group and raid skirmishes as I didnt play from early 2010 until about 2012, which I understand was a time where skraids made up most of the endgame (I joined the Army in 09 and was in training during that time), and I don't play that much since, and when I do it is mostly solo- hence trying to accomplish these solo guard challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Huricanado View Post
    Good info. I'm blaming LTs for now then as I did have tacticals and venomous blood arrows in all 3 of those fights. I'll try a few more times and different things to see if I can do it as well. The best T3 Skraid I ever tried was Thievery and Mischief where I cleared about the first half once. I honostly don't know that much about group and raid skirmishes as I didnt play from early 2010 until about 2012, which I understand was a time where skraids made up most of the endgame (I joined the Army in 09 and was in training during that time), and I don't play that much since, and when I do it is mostly solo- hence trying to accomplish these solo guard challenges.
    Hmm. Thievery and Mischief is one of the most horrible boss fights at the end. Can't even imagine it at T3 trying to solo it... oi. What were you thinking :-P

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast